>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=17vLOKqawT0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Related question, what genres of music usually follow you around Jumpers? Presuming you have perks for a music track.

I like bossa nova/lounge/down-tempo/psy-ambient and general electronica. ...Just put a music player on really.

None of those sound like actual genres

Also as my follow up post got eaten, I'll now give my little review. Of the things that I like most.

>Momentum
Really neat but you need a crowd.

>Blazin'
Also really neat and makes having the above nice even without a crowd.

>Battle Cry
Unless you just wanna bring the crowd with you.

>Character Development
Cool basically the whole you train by fighting kinda deal.

>Roadhouse Love Story
Well this is a thing.

>The Scorecard
Whilst I wonder at it's limits I do also think we need more 'scan' abilities in Jumps.

>The Modern Day Conqueror
Hrm I feel it might be a bit weak, just my opinion though.

youtube.com/watch?v=17vLOKqawT0
It's what I like.

They don't, but there's enough music out there for them that I can have a 24/7 playlist that only repeats every week or so, so I like it.

You'd be amazed. Electronic music has by far the most sub genres and sub sub genres and so on I've ever seen.

So I just did an inventory check of the jumps I've made since mid-March.

>Heaven's Lost Property
>Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy
>Generic Parenting
>Elfen Lied
>Boktai
>Tales of Phantasia
>Rurouni Kenshin
>Captain N
>Disgaea 1/D2

And the ones I have or want to do but haven't claimed yet...

>Code Geass (Remake)
>Familiar of Zero (Remake)
>Metroid
>Madoka continuation
>Kamen Rider Ryuki

...I think I'm gonna take a break from jumpmaking, if nobody minds. Not dropping any claims, but methinks I need to focus on other stuff for a bit.

Take a break Heavens, it's cool.

After the DLC? For how long?

Cool beans my friend.

Ack forgot my name and trip! Gonna finish the DLC or full stop?

Full stop. I'm happy I did a decent enough job on Disgaea that it had few problems out the gate, but dear god that thing was more of a slog to write than Boktai was and it probably shaved a year off my lifespan.

I'm an unemployed bachelor who lives in a house that makes our shitposters look like a game of golf.

I don't know how long this break will be, but I'll hopefully be back at full speed around the holidays. At the very least, I'm not going anywhere.

'And I should probably get my affairs in order' should have been the second part of that middle line.

This is why I need a break cannot brain am work so good.

Good to know. See ya around, Heavens.

>Boktai
>Dark Loans Sharks
>tfw didn't know how to save the sunflower at the end

That game was loads of fun, until your game overheated from too much UV exposure. Shame, since I wanted to play it year round, too, but the sunlight wasn't good that long.

The enemies were legit, too.

Sorry I took a bit to reply, after the last thread died I took a break. anyhow I can see why you think the drop-in capstone might be weak, at the same time I can see some jumpers finding easy ways to abuse that power. I think it should be fine. If others bring up the same thing then i'll figure out a buff for it.

No prob I'm not the end all be all answer. I just wanted to be heard.

Have you ever tried to make friends with someone, only for it to backfire due to your otherworldly nature?

GOD DAMN IT, JUST ACCEPT MY FRIENDSHIP SNAKES!

Damn, this has been a hard one to balance. Anyone wanna throw their two cents in on this perk?

No Stranger to Danger(600, discount Material Worlder): Always be prepared! That’s your motto, and the Endless Frontier is no different. There’s a lot of different things out there in the many worlds, and being able to spot what they are and have a standard operating procedure is just the thing you need to be able to get out of a lot of situations in one piece. From now on, you can recognize psionics, anime/comic book science, magic, ki, superpowers and the supernatural without much effort and tell the difference between them even if the difference APPEARS minimal or doesn’t appear at all. Not only that, but you have a few tips and tricks on how to deal with them as long as they fit the ‘generic’ mold of said phenomena. For example, someone who had a guardian spirit could be differentiated from someone who has a psychic avatar with this knowledge. However, if the psychic avatar worked on principles that were different from what is generally accepted as “psychic powers” (levitation and the various Kinesis), it’d be more difficult to counteract them than someone who stuck to the ‘generic’ version of that phenomena. Still, you at least are able to formulate counters with the knowledge you have a hell of a lot more effectively than others, for whom these powers are probably outside of their context.

It's meant to be basically an OCP-repellent/a crazy prepared perk but I'm not sure if that's registering

I like it, looks good. I suppose that it would be much easier to counteract typical psychics but more difficult to counteract Stands? Or would Stands be a category on their own, and thus be easier to counteract then before?

I like it. Is it precise enough for pic-related? If you can process it before it hits you, of course.

The former. They're not impossible to counteract, is the important part, and if you learn the 'rules' of Stands you can make plans for them much easier and counteract them the same as the categories mentioned
This just gives you a baseline SOP for a bunch of phenomena and allows you to make more as you encounter more specific versions

It seems cool, what jump is it for?

If you have the means, yes. It's a bunch of strategies and knowledge and if you have the capability to leverage that with other things you have such as magic and technology for stronger hard counters, you can
But it doesn't automatically grant you the ability to create hard counters, if that makes sense?
Like, if you were fighting ghosts, you'd know how to actually bother them
but if you also had a tech perk or something you could be on your way to making proton pack-like things

pic related

Nice, my super decked out custom Zaku can always use more upgrades!

If anyone is still awake I finished the D-Mob's crew perk tree.

Someone mind putting this on the drive for me? It's a small update that allows you to by multiple elements as well as the Aeire style of swordsmanship alongside the Maschenny style. The ten great family origin still only gets a discount on one of each to maintain some semblance of balance.

Fucking counterspell.

>You also know the best ways to weaken the power structures of those who rule by fear
Awesome. That will be really useful in...most dystopia/villain world jumps, actually.

I'm assuming you've caught up to the series, but what's your take on the Shard's growth and Bam's growth so far, considering he's nowhere close to hitting his cap? And are you going to have anything to address what's happened in the last arc?

You mean the Thorn?

Yeah I got a bit Wormed there, my bad, it is the Thorn.

Looks good, I'm going to be heading to bed guys. Night again.

As a Gray-Matter Transfer from Symbiote (You are the symbiote jumper), does your host get your superpowers and genetic stuff? Do you keep your intellect enhancing stuff?

That origin reads like a drawback but there is no drawback associated with it. I can't even imagine what would happen if I shifted to an alt-form while I was a symbiote in some host's body.

>Shard's growth and Bam's growth so far
Those were pretty close to my expectations, though the exact mechanics are still a little vague. Once I'm certain of them I'll update the Thorn Forged to Kill Kings and A Monster's Strength to properly reflect them.
I also thought of including a drawback that involved name stealing, but decided it would either be way too much or way too little.
I don't suppose you were the one to make Ikki Tousen were you? My tired mind is playing tricks on me, so I might be mistaking you for someone else.

Though i suppose I should update a Monster's Strength by switching out copy for devour. That part does seem to be clear.

I have a WIP, but it's nowhere close to being a finished product. Generally if you're curious, the vast majority of my jumps use very specific narrators - and nobody else really does this.

Ah. I thought so, but I'm pretty tired as I said.
I rather like the narrators btw.
My questions was the availability of the dragon inheritor's perks, and how their magatama should be represented.
I assume that only dragon inheritors can get their perks, and they get a free dragon magatama as opposed to a normal one?

>I assume that only dragon inheritors can get their perks, and they get a free dragon magatama as opposed to a normal one?

Yes to both. Inheritors are aligned with dragon spirits whereas normal Inheritors are aligned to normal spirits. The Magatama in the items allows you to modify the spirit somewhat. (you'd normally start with a normal magatama, with a spirit from the 3 Kingdoms, but the items options lets you shift it as necessary. It isn't mandatory to shift it of course)

The whole deal with a dragon magatama is more that the spirit that rests within is linked to a dragon. So Liu Bei for instance also has some mad berserk dragon spirit resting inside the jewel.

Ah.
I want to pursue Liu Bei.
I got the mechanical differences between the different different magatama, for the most part. I had previously assumed that it was only a dragon, not a normal spirit with a connection to a dragon. I just saw the dragon option wasn't given to them in the wip, and was wondering if it was an oversight.
Also, you said that different powered magatama had different colors? Could I trouble you to tell me what color corresponds to what?

Crow's crew has been finished.

Hmm...I think the current fluff text can skew things in one way over another. Though probably I'll slot the explanation within the notes instead, or otherwise add something into the introduction text.

The colors aren't exactly "prismatic-ally aligned" as you might say. For example, Ryoumou's magatama is silver, but she has no elemental alignment. I used the colors analogy more as a guide to "what could the appearance of your magatama be like" - because in the original manga of course, there was a bit of an absence of color.

So honestly, just go with what fits best in your mind. Red for fire, Blue for water, and so forth.

I'd thought I'd red that magatama's color's was influenced by their power- but I could very well be misremembering. Anyway, I wish you a good night. I'm off to bed.
If anyone has ToG questions, comments, suggestions, etc link them to either this post of the PDF post. I'll read them tomorrow.

Infernal guy now that I've had time to read it your WIP looks good. It's going to be one of those Jumps where there is so many things I want to buy yet I can't. Going to have think really hard on my choices.

By the way when do you think you'll update?

Asked this a long while ago but I'm checking to see which way the wind is blowing now. Would there be any backlash against a homebrew sci-fi setting for a jump?

Ah you mean the ranking. The ranking is different from elemental affinities. The ranking follows a system of
S Rank - Seven Colors
Special A Rank - Transparent
A Rank - Gold
B Rank - Silver
C Rank - Scarlet
D Rank - White
E Rank - Green (or Jade)

...but honestly, it really doesn't mean squat as far as the actual conflict goes unfortunately. I'll make a note of that in the notes though, thanks for bringing it up

Get ready to give a shitload of detail for it and be subject to pretty intense scrutiny. It's possible to make but you'll have a hell of a time making it acceptable.

No clue who else is still here but the Non-Combatant perk tree is done and I have a feeling when some people see the capstone there might be a little bit of arguing.

Hey, does anyone have the Infernals WIP that was posted a couple threads back?

No. Don't. Change it. SJ-chan didn't succeed in this. You won't. Find a way to not involve other jumps.

>capstone
We already have several methods to grant powers, so it shouldn't be an issue. It may, however, be unbalanced in the context of this jump.

If you do decide to keep it, I would recommend removing this:

>any martial arts related perks you possess worth 300cp or less undiscounted through training.

Because it is 1) iiiiincredibly meta and 2) not really uh... balanced? 300 CP by no means is worth the same amount across jumps, and by no means leads to equivalent purchases. May I instead suggest that you remove that clause and replace with something like "...martial arts that rely upon capabilities greater than a students' base will take longer to train. Those that need special fuel such as Essence or Chi will require them to be able to use such energies already or to attain them elsewhere."

looks good to me

I figured as much. I would think that the limitations I placed on it would make it work though. I'll think of an alternate version in the meantime, but I would like for more people to see it before I make a final decision.

Jesus fuck, I remember getting so good at this game I made my older brother cry like a bitch on a few occasions. Thanks for the memories, definitely jumping this.

Man, just remove it. This guy's comments make much more sense.

I do like your suggestion though.

It does. I'll rework it.

At the very least, in my opinion, you should remove the weird CP restriction. That's the sort of inter-jump gimick that shouldn't be baked in, and it raises more issues than it solves. Personally, i think it would be better to either not have a restriction, or to limit the power of martial arts that can be talked through fluff. Maybe some sort of disclaimer like "truly powerful martial arts will be almost impossible to teach, and could take many mortal lifetimes for a student to learn".

Beat me to it!

Alright I changed it based on feedback (I'll admit to copying the suggestion effectively word for word) and altered some other wording in the perk.

That reads much better, I was going to post a suggestion for similar but you already beat me to it.

Maybe make it "You can also train students in martial arts from other jumps /that you know/." Makes a problematic implication without the last 3 words.

point taken, people around here can be real bad with the "rules lawyering" eh?

I know I messed up because I don't usually receive this level of feedback. Oops.

Thanks.

Likely going to drop a new WIP tomorrow or the day after, with most or all of the item section done. Depending on how fast I finish that, and if I get more ideas in the meantime.

Here ya go. Nothing new added to this one, it's just what I posted a while ago.

I know that feeling. You'd be amazed how many people completely overreact to happiness worms.

>perhaps you never lived in a Creation or Hell at all, an... anomaly from Beyond. How… distasteful.
>insulting the drop-in origin

Excuse me u fukin wot, m8? I'll show your inside-out yozi ass what "distasteful" really means, you punk-ass eldritch abomination. The lot of which don't even /deserve/ a capitalized plural-noun.

Did you expect anything else?

Do not worry, I'm sure we can repurpose you into something useful to the Descending Hierarchy.

Part of me wants to waifu SWLiHN just to prove I did, and that it can be done.
On the other hand, she isn't waifu material.

Well I guess I finished the Drop-In and D-Mob's crew item trees. I really am having a hard time coming up with 600cp items and am thinking of not adding any in. We'll see though.

As a devout follower of Papa Nurgle, I know that feeling all too well.

>No more national dex

Do you really want your waifu list to become a memetic hazard?

Since Hastur is in my waifu list technically it already is.

Do you think your Waifu could ask Nyarlahotep to not obliterate me if I were to ever come back to the Lovecraft universe?

Nyarly hates the other Old Ones, so that would just make Nyarly come at you harder.

Mhm, mhm. Alright that settles it. I am never going back there.

Errr I meant to link to

Reminder that SWLIHN is literally an imouto brocon.

The most merciful thing you could do in the Lovecraft universe is to speak the Deplorable Word and hope that it isn't limited to Earth.

Hey, items are done I guess. So are companions. Now onto drawbacks!

So I'm curious. Is anyone actually making jumps of my favorite PS1 games ever?

Those being: Xenogears, Star Ocean, and Legend of Dragoon.

I would seriously be so fucking hype if jumps of those games came out...

How are you doing this? It takes me a good month to come up with a good perk line, and you make an entire jump in half a day. Are you real?

Do not worry, I am barely sure that i'm real myself.

In all honesty, it is a major help that I am intimately aware of the setting I am making jumps for. Do you wanna know how many times i've played through Def Jam FfNY in my life? TOO MANY!

>Xenogears
Oh you poor child. You're going to be so disappointed.

I already am, because there's no jumps yet.

D:

Your telling me, I'm waiting for someone better than me to make a Zone of the Enders jump.

Xenogears was claimed by SJ-Chan as far as anyone knows. Star Ocean used to be claimed in the distant past, but I'm no longer aware of whether the claim holds. Legend of Dragoon I don't think is claimed.

A nice Zone of the Enders jump would be nice to see, yes.

...s-shut up, Ebby

>Xenogears was claimed by SJ-Chan as far as anyone knows. Star Ocean used to be claimed in the distant past, but I'm no longer aware of whether the claim holds. Legend of Dragoon I don't think is claimed.

Someone was talking about Star Ocean in thread 1068.

Whoops, managed to click post before typing.

SJ-Chan better not fuck it up! Literally my #1 favorite game ever.

(My reaction images taken from the translated version of Xenogears Perfect Works)

I really think it could use some more drawbacks. Regardless it's pretty much done. So here you go, a Def Jam Fight for New York jump.

I'll see if I can't put some more into it tomorrow. But for now it's effectively done.

I'll withhold any judgement until I see a finished product. It'll be amusing if they take so long with it that I actually finish a Zone of the Enders jump out of boredom.

Yeah. I can't wait to see your reaction.

If and when it comes out, I shall return with Xenogears/Xenosaga reaction images to entertain, I promise.

Unfortunately my knowledge of Donkey Kong is limited to the DK rap and watching Matt & Pat scream about the Lightning Banana so-nothing stands out.

As for Mario-pet Yoshi? I forgot if Yoshis are canonically sentient or not, but I'm pretty sure they are. So-companion Yoshi I guess.

Also Dirge made an FF14 jump, but FF5's fair game.

...huh, I don't know what's weirder: The fact that Exdeath used to be a tree, or that I just realised the Curse-Rotted Greatwood from DS3 is literally him if he never learned to wear pants. And got obese, crippled and gonnorhea.

>Nyarly hates the other Old Ones
>So that would just make Nyarly come at you harder

...wait, what?

WHAT?

Zouken pls

As a general rule? The sound of silence.

I save the music for special occasions.

AS. IV means 4, not 14.

>Nyarly stuff
Dunno what Justice is smoking. Nyarlathotep doesn't hate other old ones anymore then he hates anything below his class of being. He'd fuck with anything if it amused him or achieved whatever goal he had, barring the like 4-5 guys above him, most of whom are varying sorts of imprisoned or retarded.

Need help making a stand, whats your stand guys?

JoJo or CoCo? Main difference there is whether it gets Awakened/Reqiuem or Remastered.