/swg/ - KRO OUTTA NOWHERE

HEY

NOTHING YOU CAN SAY

Unless it's about Star Wars, anyway.

Previous Thread: →

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6pfkam4NOjY
youtube.com/watch?v=_9ADCdHhjyw
youtube.com/watch?v=CTl_Tt3dhPw
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel-class_landing_craft/Legends
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

space deco

Uh, the "quality" of the visuals.

>you will never live in a planet sized art deco megacity filled with alien waifus

just end it now

>Did someone ask for Voort "THE PIG SHOW" SaBinring?

Dammit XWW you magnificent bastard. You do know you have to make that reference in one of your fics now, don't you?

Right, it's bloody Remembrance Day and you all will be cursed to the hell of five hundred years as a peacetime Lance Corporal if you don't stand up and remember the lost today

Thank you for your service.

sup Veeky Forums, I need some help.

The outer part of some of my older dials are peeling off, and I don't know how to fix it or get it to stop peeling.
(it looks like it will likely eventually fall off entirely, and i'll have a problem identifying dials for each ship)

Is there anything I can do to fix it?
Is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening to my other dials?
I already tried the contact paper, and that didn't work in the slightest.

The part that is peeling off is the front of the dial, around the gap where you set the maneuver.

I want a qt girl that flies an X-Wing

Stock they look like crap, but I've seen some people paint them up into being actually good looking.

So repaints are my only option?

And I don't think you can put dials that have already been assembled into the plastic dials.

I also have 40 ships (almost all imperial), so there is no way i'm buying that many plastic dials. I might buy 6, tops.

> I don't think you can put dials that have already been assembled into the plastic dials.
You just need to pry off the central pin. Gotta be careful to not damage the actual dial, though.

Anyway, yeah, not the best option in any way or form, we agree on that.

Is there any type of specific glue or adhesive that I can use to keep the label on the dial?

I could get a photo if it's not clear how they are falling apart.

Goddamn the empire's logistics in the ISB are crazy. It got to the point where at some levels they just don't list the droids.

Post a picture anyway, I'm sure someone had to deal with something similar

>PT already showing it's age

Looks like the incredibles movie or obvious assholes on a green screen.
Christ, I didn't think it was possible but they get worse with time.

The OT also shows its age. It's just that practical effects usually have way more charm than CG. And these effects are used to tell a better written and acted story, so it's easier to just "get into" the movie and forget the effects.

And besides, AotC is 14 years old, most FX heavy movies that old show their age. It's a bit sad, but for instance in LotR the green screen parts are really noticeable now that HD is the standard.

>obvious assholes on a green screen
Tell me more.

Good Night sweet prince

I'll go to my LGS and pick up my ships in an hour or so.

I've been reading the Legacy of the Force series from Legends. Is is just me or is Jaina Solo quite possibly one of the most boring and simultaneously unlikeable characters to come from a Star Wars novel?

I think LotF is just shitty

New Jedi Order and everything that comes after it are incredibly shitty.

I don't really get the admiration of Palleon. In Thrawn Trilogy he was a pretty flat yes-man that didn't seem to have a purpose other than so that Thrawn could reveal exposition to the reader about his plans. Is he in some other stuff where he actually does things and/or has a character?

Hand of Thrawn Duology, Choices of One, and Darksaber.

Righto.

Roman REYgns

LIGHTSABER RESISTANT SNAKES!

CRAB ARMOR

Part of It is also how, even though he is on the same side as people like Vader and Palpatine, he seems like a good Man.

He isn't fighting for ambition or sadistic glee. He legitametly wants to help people and believes in the cause.

He is the first time, for man fans, that we see the the Empire is made up of good people. It helps humanize the story.

I had an NPC once who was a yuzzhan Vong kid who had lots of cute kawaii adventures with her amphistaff snuggles and other creepy Vong shit. she was also force sensitive due to evil experiments and became one of the character's padawans Pure Cancer

So I'm looking at crystals for my grease monkey artisan and was kind of caught off guard by the crystals in Endless Vigil. Are they both seriously only 1 hard point each? Is there a reason for this? They seem to be almost identical to Ilum crystals except that they're slightly more expensive and use up only one hardpoint slot. I don't think there are any other lightsaber crystals that are one hardpoint slot. Not even the basic bitch Ilum crystal is one hardpoint slot. What gives?

It's probably a print error, FFG has those occasionally. I would assume they're probably supposed to be 2 - but you could ask for confirmation if they're an error, or just take them as written.

It showed it's age when it first came out.Looked like complete ass. I remember the theater bursting into laughter when Yoda and Dooku had their fight, it looked so bad.

LotR looks much better, though, despite being from the same time. Probably because they blended the practical with the CGI as much as they could. For instance, Lucas made all the armor on the clones CGI, even the ones primary characters are interacting with, which makes the armor look like ass. Meanwhile, Jackson had a shitton of Uruk extras in the full regalia. They looked real, because they WERE real.

Fun extra: The Uruks rhythmically thumping their spearbutts on the ground was based on the extra's improvised game they'd play with each other. Turns out that having you people actually looking the part instead of adding it in later helps them get into character. Who fucking knew, right?

>darksaber

That is my favorite guilty pleasure

How would your group of Rebels respond to information that a high ranking Imperial Official is being shuttled with low security (not to attract attention) to a planet?

Trying to see what others would do before I fully write up this scenario.

the official is Sly Moore

Probably a kidnapping. But once they find out its Moore, they'd be in trouble.
Throw in a pair of plainclothes Shadow Guard for extra black ops flavor.

I wasn't even here for THE PIG SHOW?!

WEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL...

Well it's the PIG SHOOWWWWWWWW

Dammit, I am so ashamed and proud at the same time.

Anyways, continuing SW/Wrasslin, here is a video of Harley Race putting a bounty out on Ric Flair. youtube.com/watch?v=6pfkam4NOjY

The perfect oppurtunity to showcase thr power of my super pinooks

Saw a doco on the Weta workshop and how they churned out lots of armour, making stuff like chainmail out of black irrigation tubing, painting it up and damn, it looks a lot better than the shit like a thick wool-knit or something that you see in some movies. Its nice to see the effort and creativity that goes into the back end of that kind of production.
NZ'ers are pretty orky to begin with, they only really gave up on eating man flesh about a 120-150 odd years ago.

>Lucas made all the armor on the clones CGI, even the ones primary characters are interacting with, which makes the armor look like ass.
And the faces too, Temura got mocapped for the faces.

Uh I'm trying to figure out called shots and hit locations, FFG doesn;'t do them does it?

You can use an Aim maneuver to take 2 setback dice (or 2 maneuvers to take 1) to hit a specific part of a target, but other than that no, there are no rules for it.

>You can use an Aim maneuver to take 2 setback dice (or 2 maneuvers to take 1) to hit a specific part of a target, but other than that no, there are no rules for it.
No rules for what that does? Just GM stuff for hitting weakpoints?

Aim maneuver. Up to GM on how they want to handle successful shots, but Mask of the Pirate Queen treats a successful one that deals enough damage to a starship be the same as a Major System Failure critical, which for a living target would likely be the same as Crippled (or maybe Maimed or worse with the right weapon, target, and circumstances).

>super pinooks
Okay, I'm interesting. Story time?

>super pinooks
Good taste.

>Improvised game
You mean a hakka?
The traditional chant to boost spirits and intimidate there enemies.

The PC's giggle evilly thinking they're just pinooks
"TURKEY SHOOT!"
Just as they're about to come into range the Pinook casing falls away and...

Anyone got tips for writing lines for an Alliance Remnant holonet show host during the Legacy comics era? Someone who wants to bring back the old Rebel Alliance spirit, is hidden, solo, broadcasting encrypted galaxy-wide, and trying to dispel the lies of One Sith brainwashing and dictatorial MUH ORDER rhetoric.

So I ended up fixing all of the dials by using a brush-on super glue, by applying the glue with a single strand of the brush at a time.

Hopefully I don't need to fix it again.

>went to x-wing night
>got to try out Keyan with a heavy laser cannon
>mfw
Oh BABY
This shit does fucking WORK

Imperial Assault got its next-to-last preview for the Jabba's Realm wave today, and I really like Captain Terro. He's fairly tough for his cost and has a good attack. Mounted gives him extra action economy, and combined with speed 5 it lets him really move across a map quickly. Flamethrower is a great way to get some extra damage in if he doesn't have to spend an action moving, or to finish off an enemy with 1 health and a white defense die. His three traits also give him access to a lot of great command cards.

The generic Dewback Rider version is a pretty efficient option, too. FFG has been a lot better at balancing single-figure units since about Return to Hoth. Too many core and wave 1-2 figures just aren't worth the cost.

something that sucks about star wars as a wargame/rpg setting is a lack of sides. you have two factions and mercs who mostly work for themselves or just one of the two main factions.

This is why I prefer the post-Endor EU.

I'd get to it with whatever I have in the way of SAMs, or a high-speed intercept, maybe kamikaze if necessary. A kill like that will cause a shitton of chaos in the imperial hierarchy, which the rebellion can exploit the hell out of

Oh god, I just remembered seeing Attack of the Clones in theaters on opening weekend. And now I remember the incredulous groans that turned into laughter erupting from all over the audience when Yoda had his force duel with Dooku.

That film is like a terrible dub of a mediocre anime. The PT has some interesting set pieces, but because the delivery and execution is so bad you have to treat it with so much charity just to appreciate what you're being exposed to.

Old EU imperial civil war is great for exactly this reason; tons of warlord kingdoms of various size, the fledgling NR, tons of small, suddenly independent polities, hutts, all sorts of folks

Post-Endor Legends is a fantastic setting. Multiple independent/scum factions rising up, multiple Imperial Warlord factions with their own variations and unique elements, and different New Republic fleets and subfactions trying to hold it all together.

The 20 (or so) year shitstorm of power vacuum after Sheev's death is probably what I miss the most from the canon wipe.

>Probably a kidnapping.
I'd probably want to try this, because it's more exciting to kidnap a named plot armored NPC than handling it the way I think is more practical (a hit and run light freighter ambush) for our rebel cell that has an ace pilot and a tricked out murder-freighter.

Best tabletop games I've been in have been old canon Dark Times and old canon post-Endor mess.

And the best part about the Warlords was that it made sense.

Palpatine gathered together a government headed by some of the most ruthless, sociopathic, greedy, backstabbing, charismatic motherfuckers who were held in check by their combined fear of him.

Without him around, OF COURSE the Empire went to shit while his former advisors finally had a chance to air out their grievances without worrying about a visit from Vader.

Yeah, Balkanization was def a logical reaction to the Emperor's death. Playing an officer in the midst of it was a hell of a fun time.

I don't really want to talk Aftermath, but everything about it makes the scope of the galaxy smaller, especially the Empire.

is cyber tech worth a dip from a fighty career or is it more useful to just start as a tech and out-class into fighty specs?

Is the rebel recruit generic spec any good?

youtube.com/watch?v=_9ADCdHhjyw youtube.com/watch?v=CTl_Tt3dhPw

Rogue one international trailer cuts.

And a render of the ONE bad prop we've seen so far because goddammit STOP GIVING STERLING VARIANTS TWO STOCKS YOU FUCKHEADS.

>TWO STOCKS
Look, lay off. Their usual prop guys were out sick, so that particular gun was designed by the new apprentice who had just quit being a wall street broker. Obviously, that's why they have stock options

Depends on the party make-up, if you've already got fighty people, then a tech or anyone that can fix people is worthwhile, then maybe toe-dip into some stuff for self defence skills
Recruit spec is great for people from EoTE (or F&D) that find themselves in a more military oriented game and realised, well shit I'm going to get shot, stabbed and blown up more than usual and my non-combat careers won't cut it.

you cheeky bastard :)

How do you feel about the ion cannon turret/ionization in general?
I like running one on a generic gold squadron. It feels like a nice way to disrupt the enemy.

If there's one thing I really hate about the new generation of star wars props, it's the fucking M4 stocks

It could be worse. It could be the abominations that pass for legal rifles in California.

Adjustable stocks make sense when you've got people in armour, but yeah it was kind of a weak effort grabbing them out of the parts bin

Well...
Fuck!

Wow that's hideous, and I LIKE the look of actual thumbhole stocks,

Jesus shit why
I mean I get the purpose but fuck

>tfw started getting interested in firearms just after moving from FL to CA

why are the stocks so weird?

assault stocks had to be banned

but if you don't ban all stocks why bother at all?
because shit like this happens.

is a lambda shuttle too much (or to little) for a starting ship for a 5 man group in EoTE?
I don't have terribly much experience with the system (or GMing at all) and I don't want the group to be too powerful (or weak) in the beginning

It's a shuttle, it doesn't have living quarters. I don't think it would even have space for living quarters for 5 if you bothered to modify one.

alright. Then I should probably look for some other ship.
I had this idea that the players would start the game with raiding a imperial observation post or something similar and escape with a stolen lambda. I'll probably still use it to establish the game but the players will have to abandon the shuttle and get another ship (maybe trade it)

I actually think you could live on one, if you were fine with jury-rigged bunks and not having cabins and shit.

Should be ok, if its a variant with cabins + cargo and no troop transport
Otherwise, everyone poops and they get unhappy when there's no place to poop

There's the Sentinel-class landing craft that's pretty much just a bigger Lambda-class shuttle:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel-class_landing_craft/Legends

It can fit six squads or even small vehicles, so if the interior is modified it could work as a light freighter.

It has a stat block in the Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook (p.273). It might be a tad overpowered though. It's 20k credits more expensive than the most expensive recommended starter ship. Other anons, feel free to say if it's a good or terrible choice.

is there a scan or something for the star wars reference books. They would be nice to have but I'm a bit short on cash

So if the group decides to work to customize it and I as a GM provide the correct model it is a possibility. Maybe I'll give them a choice to either sell/trade it (at a monetary loss) or roll with it.

that's also a possibility of course, but it doesn't have the same /a e s t h e t i c/ as the lambda

{spoiler] Hungry Ewok[/spoiler] has a lot of them

They did make a lambda with a 8-cabin set of suite in it, not sure on its total cargo after that though

When it works it's great, but the limited range can be, well, limiting.

Hungry ewoks sound like the Star Wars galaxy's drop bears.

Pinooks for X-Wing when?

Just how bad would it be?

Attack: 1?
Agility: 2?
Hull: 2?
Shields: 1?

A less than stellar dial?

I forgot about that. I can understand why they went CGI, if they had done with prosthetics all the faces would have been off, giving the clones this unsettling look that would have made them seem vaguely like bad...guys....Huh. I suppose that's actually another opportunity missed by overzealous CGI.

They extras weren't trying to intimidate each other, it's was a game of precision: keep in time with your group for as long as you can, first one to fall out loses. Jackson saw the game and because they were kitted up, he saw it looked badass and incorporated it into the movie. Wouldn't have happened if it was just a bunch of dudes in shorts and t-shirts playing around with PVC pipes.

>Keyan Farlander
>HLC
>B/E2 + Hera

Not talking about Aftermath specifically, because I haven't read it, but it really does seem like NuCanon is setting things up like RotS did: everything wraps up in a neat little bow one year after RotJ and the status quo remains unchanged until the next movie.

And that's BORING.

Not

>Keyan
>HLC
>Stay on Target
>Advanced Sensors
>E2 + Ezra

I miss being able to use double Evade tokens.

PTL + Lando on Keyan, paired up with a Jan Ors holder was so much fun. You'd reliably get two Evade tokens a turn and all of sudden you had a B-Wing with some kind of survivablity, and when was the last time you saw that?