Drawthread: Tribal Hunters edition

Previous Drawthread: Requesters:
>Provide good, detailed references (pictures are better than verbal descriptions), so the artists know what you're looking for.
>Hold off on additional requests after receiving a delivery from an artist, be mindful of the other requests that might deserve attention.
>Bump your request only after 24 hours has passed, you may bump once every 24 hours after the first.
>If you're unsatisfied with your completed request, please wait a 2-3 threads or so to re-request it.
>Reminder that nobody is entitled to a delivery under any circumstances within these threads.
>Ignore the bait, you're better than this
>No, really, ignore the bait.
>I SAID FUCKING IGNORE IT

Artists and Artists-to-Be:
>Feel free to drop your tumblrs/websites/commission/etc information, but:
>If you're dropping your commission info, consider filling a request beforehand instead of just advertising

Books and Tutorials:
>mega.co.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA
>dropbox.com/s/kno4yv719g88pol/Tutorials.zip?dl=0

Figure Drawing:
>quickposes.com/pages/random

Beginners Guide to Drawing:
>archive.is/GNIq1

The w/ic/i art Guide:
>sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/6o6u34n.gifv
m.imgur.com/a/8kvfS
imgur.com/a/jlZML
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there we go, this is the kind of OP image that deserves to be there

Requesting an image of this character here in some casual clothing, and dark brown hair instead of blond

if she could be sitting in a coffee shop or bar looking out a window on a rainy night that would be perfect.

thanks!

Reposting for the new thread:

Requesting a character I'm intending to play in a friend's own system and setting (alternative history, modern).

He's an Hawaiian man in his early 30s, just about average in height. He has a bit longer arms than a "normal person" but no to the point that it's jarring. His skin is light brown with a lot of birthmarks covering his arms and throat/neck. His eyes are a vivid color mix of red-green, with rings around his eyes (looking tired). His haircut is short hair with no bangs a la "all business" look,hair color is black due to his ethnicity. His forehead is scarred from burning, covering most of it. Though there is still some distance between his thick eyebrows and the scar. He has quite visible laughlines despite his otherwise "sharp" face. His mouth is bigger than an average person's and define a lot of how his face looks (when he smiles or not).

He is a surgeon by trade, the one that does the extra messy operations. So he would be in his "work outfit", a surgeon outfit with the sleeves rolled up, a belt with surgical tools on his waist and a removed facemask that hangs on his throat/neck. He would have a wry smile preferably. His rubber-gloves would be covered with blood and in his left hand he holds a surgical blade, his general pose would be relaxed but still with a straight back.

Thanks whoever picks this up! I'm getting really attached to this character so I couldn't resist and break my 5 month break from Veeky Forums and check if drawthreads are still active.

Migrating from previous thread, some additional notes ; Same facial expression as the picture in the top left.

basically a scene from a pathfinder game a long time ago, always wanted to see it in art form, if anyone wants more details I'd be glad to fill ya in.

Reposting.

Requesting the character on the left dropping down through the air in a pose similar to the middle picture doesn't have to be exact at all, delivering a lightning-themed smite with the two-handed sword shown on the right.

Please and thanks, anons.

Requesting a pic of a shamanist man, summoning forth spirits to aide him in a fight against a demon.

Migrating request.

I should note that I'd be okay with the armor and guns just looking like they have detail on them, not necessarily every little detailed carving.

Thanks in advance.

Migrating

Humbly requesting my pf character, get to play her again after a series of unfortunate events.

Requesting the girl in the top-left (preferably with glasses) in brigandine while looking on with an expression that is either disbelief or a mix of disapproval and disappointment.

Requesting a trox samurai wielding a large kanabo

requesting Buff wrestler esq guy with rough physic of jonathan joestar with longish light brown hair and soft facial features.
He's wearing nothing but a pair of booty shorts ie
i.imgur.com/6o6u34n.gifv
and wrestling boots like pic related.
Carrying/wielding a thick greatsword with pic related for rough reference of proportions but the sword tip would be almost touching the floor while on his back with cross guard just above bottom of shoulder blades(last bit purely for size reference).

Requesting a female elf with a facemask and wears a hood, also sport a sick pair of renaissance sunglasses that doubles a reading glasses

Are you just playing as Rocky from RHPS?

inb4 he wrestles for Dario

EXCLUSIVE

Riposteing from the last thread, since I accidentally bumped after it went into autosage. I want a drawing a paladin dressed in golden scale mail, kind of like the guy on the left but in gold and without the fish emblem. He's a middle aged man with a long nose and a prominent chin, with long golden hair, brown eyes and a dapper mustache. I can't really think of a good person to compare his face to unfortunately. Maybe Bruce Campbell, or a young Max von Sydow. Just generally think "hero" with this guy. He should be holding a sword like the one on the right, standing in a heroic pose. I'll leave the rest of the details up to the artist, but that's the gist of what he should look like.

this is what we've come to, black people frolicking in the OP image of our drawthreads now?
She's not even that good-looking, with those thighs and...those glorious legs and...t-those strong arms...

Requesting a streetfight with two characters.
Two elves in modern combat armour with modern weapons are more or less crouching behind rubble. (male and female characters)
The female has red hair and a blue glowing amulet around her neck.
The male has tribal tattoos (think south seas)
on his face.
There is a Martian tripod fighting machine in the background.
A couple of suggested designs for the machine in the ref pic.

It's never been about the skin, it's been about the warrior spirit within people.

Hands on the table user, now!

Wait no, I meant this one

Requesting a native american styled half-orc Barbarian, would appreciate if anybody could undertake this task.

Thanks m8. I have both a tumblr and a deviantart. But the tumblr I use for trolling, and I haven't uploaded anything to DA for years. Honestly, these last few drawthreads are the closest thing I've had to an artblog in awhile.

Here, have some demonic unfinished lesbians for your trouble. m.imgur.com/a/8kvfS

maybe, not on purpose, he's just designed as the ultimate good guy through the eyes of wrestling: being buff, beating up bad guys, helping people out and telling kids to eat their vitamins, i could say more but i doubt people want to hear me talk about him.

well I'm not the OR or anything but as a random user I want to say ; keep up the great work.

Reviving this request in light of recent events.

I'd like to request this character wearing a turtleneck sweater with the phrase 'MAKE TERRA GREAT AGAIN' printed on it.
Besides that, you have complete artistic freedom. Thank you in advance to anyone who considers this.

Well that was just silly.

Requesting Charlotte the paladin from the last thread bundled up in a soft blanket holding a cup of hot chocolate with a peppermint stick in the hot chocolate.

Requesting Charlotte's head getting ripped off and her headless body taken over by the floating severed head of an ugly, body-stealing hag.

>Just noticed where that tail is going
O-oh. Oh my.

Christ and i thought i left all the drama and shitposting behind when i stopped going to /a/'s drawthreads.

LOL

nice meme faggot
NICE CROSSBOARDING

Ok, just to keep track of it, anchoring:

Really, you couldn't copy from someone better than Boris "Green is a skin tone" Vallejo? Get gud, you fucking tracer.

Shut the fuck up and stop eating image-cap limit

this is me, i'm bumping my request

Requesting an imperial guardsman from a viking themed world.

He's wearing heavy, grey flak armor, a helmet of traditional design, and is armed with a combat shotgun and/or a chainaxe.

Feel free to add runes or tattoos as you like.

Thanks and have fun

>he doesn't like Boris
>he's never taken an art class
Wow, what a fag.

Why are you doing this?

Ignore him it happens every thread.

>he thinks image cap matters here

Are you some kind of homosexual gay man?

he's ruining my request though.

I grew up on Frazetta, Giger, Peter Elson and Omni Magazine. I know exactly how much a waste of talent Boris is, and you clearly do not.

Honestly, there were a thousand better images of demons near kissing but he chose the absolute worst.

and please give him red glowing eyes. thanks

It used to and I liked it.

another perfect casual situation would be her talking her dog, a poodle, for a walk. thanks in advance

Stop

Hello drawfriends! Requesting my half-elf warmage from a homebrew 5e campaign: Nathalia Embry.

Nathalia has blonde hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. Slender and athletic, she dresses in mostly simple, functional clothing, with one notable exception: her cloak. A symbol of her station in the kingdom's secretive Order of Rooks, the cloak bears a mantle made to look like a raven's wings, and fastened with a pewter pin in the shape of a raven's skull. She wears it proudly, carrying herself tall and confident when work doesn't require slinking about the shadows.

I mean, you're entitled to have a shitty elitist opinion I guess.

Just curious, do you also hate Julie for similarly trivial reasons?

>Get gud
Ok, triggered
imgur.com/a/jlZML

And fyi, this last week of tracing skin tones has taught me more about fleshtones than that stupid acrylics class, which amounted to "brown is a skin tone."

Hey, hopefully an easy one here. Basic hooded archer, green cloak, longbow + quiver, leather armor under the cloak. Is a really lazy, easy going guy. His animal companion is a bearded vulture, probably the only unique thing about him. Hopefully the references are enough, Mr.Beaks is a pretty typical bearded vulture, bloody feathers and all. the only thing about him is I would like his legs to be particularly fluffy and thick.

Thanks in advance!

Hey man, im trying to decide who's side I will take on this. Have proof of the trace? Otherwise i want to inherently disagree with you because you sound like a real ass... but if you have good proof.

Witnessed!!!
I'll do it

It's been way too long since i touched a tablet

Looks good enough for me.

Thanks user

Requesting a joyful tachikoma as if produced by the Tau.

THANK YOU user!

WE DID IT M8! WE DID IT!

Oh no, he's absolutely right. I mostly traced the poses and skins for my last 4 pictures or so.

He and I differ in opinion on it, methinks. I've always considered tracing and heavy referencing to be a legitimate learning technique, so long as the tracer doesn't take credit for it or not acknowledge the original work. I personally have never used tracing as a learning technique until now, because of the stigma associated with it, but holy shit. My knowledge of fleshtones practicaly trippled over the last 4 pictures. It's been fantastic. Now I know why some of my sister's teachers defended tracing as a learning technique.

Tracezilla 2, coming to a drawthread near you. Rated F for Faggot.

I totally forgot about Catzilla. At least isn't trying to lie about it with the actual proof right in front of him like she did.

That, and user gave us actual proof he can draw outside of tracing.With this, I'm inclined to believe that he usually doesn't trace and is just using it to get better.

That is very interesting. I too find tracing to be boring, but honestly, im not an art guy. I just kinda want to have something to take to my session and say, hey, this is my character.

That said, if this was an art board, I think his (albeit aggressive) criticism would be justifiable.

Also nice album. Im not much for boobs in my mostly pg13 setting, but I gatta respect the craftsmanship.

Nah, you're right. In art communities, it's very negatively thought of. But this is Veeky Forums, and people just want character art. And since I just want to get better with colors, I didn't see the harm in it. I also chose to use Boris and Julie BECAUSE of their exotic fleshtones. Poses and lines aren't things I have trouble with, but different skin types (and how to light those skins) IS something I have trouble with. I've been severely unsatisfied with my skins for a long time, and in a pit of frustration, I turned to tracing. And I gotta say, I don't regret it so far. Not only am I picking up on values I couldn't see before, but I'm also learning about the dull and earthy colors often found in paintings, and how diversly they can be used. Brown is rapidly becoming my favorite color.

My art goal in life is to die at least as good as Brom. If I want to becone great, why not copy the greats until I can stand on my own? That's my thinking, anyway.

Second

You two seem upset.

What? No. I just like the idea of an old evil hag taking over the supple body of a Mary Sue character, DIO style.

Wait, so you like Frazetta, but you DON'T like Vallejo (or probably Bell by extension)?
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this, since Vallejo and Bell largely perfected and popularized that style of metal fantasy/sci fi/erotic art. If you see a painting of a beautiful feral amazon taming a wild monster, there's an 80% chance it's a Bell, Frazetta, or Vallejo.

>TFW this thread

What part of her makes her a Mary Sue.
Do you even understand what a Mary Sue is?

Requesting a pseudo roman soldier wearing lorica hamata squamataque (mail/scale hybrid) and wielding a falx, along with other assorted equipment used by Romans and those who clashed with Romans (Dacians, Thracians, etc.)

the best part of these threads is the spite art coming out as a result of the shitters I swear

Anyone willing to my orc girl protecting her human friend?
>"Leave my healer alone, he's squishy!"

That little bird kid with the sword is adorable.

Requesting this demon girl knight as a human, wearing a tank top and jeans shorts like on the reference.

Requesting pic related but as an adult and in an empress garb.

Take liberties on how her appearance changes alongside her clothes.

Requesting a Mongolian inspired demigod with a Gruul feel to him who was resurrected into the distant future to defeat his warlord brother.

He is pretty much a male Shut Hell in looks (bandaged feet, black bear fur cape, clothing) and mix with Avenger in clothing. His arms are similar to Omnath's. He is heavily scarred (face and chest) and thorny vines wrap around his lower body. Digital styled tattoos cover his skin due to the effects of the computer program-like resurrection. The pose can be static or dynamic.

I would like to request a young sheep abhuman clinging to the back/head of a Space Wolf marine while he goes about his daily life.

You're gonna get replies from a few different kinds of anons.

Those who don't know and are talking out of their ass based on the rumormill.

And oh wait, that's it. Just people like that.

>A generic woman in a cofee shop
there, now sod off.

Anchoring Cheng-Ji.

sure is stingy around here

bumping

Hey, I'd like to request a female half-elf wearing the cavalry helmet in my reference, perhaps with scale armor. I say perhaps because I'm really only looking for a 'bust' of the character - a drawing of their face with the helmet on, and maybe their shoulders as well. I wouldn't argue with more, but I really just want to see the character in a version of the helmet without as much of the ornate trappings, though if they're removed completely or just toned down is up to the artist.

If I had to ask for a specific expression, I'd say vaguely assertive - thoughtful frown, perhaps a little haggard, but still defiant. But it's something I'll leave up to anyone who takes it.

Requesting what is essentially space Yuffie without a weapon or that arm thingy.

Mai boi, this skimpiness is what all true fa/tg/uys strive for!

Anchoring drow musketeer WIP for drawanon.

>Draw Thread is greedy and full of shitposters and trolls
>In other breaking news, water is wet

not sure if it makes a difference but if I could do art I would probably do a lot more of the armored character requests.

But words are cheap sadly.

>if I could do X I would
>but I can't

gee thanks

There

Drawthreads have been shit for a long time now. Requests are rarely fulfilled. Waifufag threads should have stayed.

>Requests are rarely fulfilled

Sorry the artists don't devote more of their free time to filling your whims. They have no obligation to be here or give any of us anything, people like you are as much shitters as the waifufags are.

See

Naisu

Further proof that tracing and direct reference don't have to be bad things for threads like this.

Requesting a delivery of my CoC character. He's a medical doctor stuck looking after his younger brother. His hair is grey

have you considered making requests that don't suck

>not recognizing photo editing software

Are you stupid?

I'll take it mate. come back around 3 or 4