mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
strawpoll.me/11624322
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for CSM.

In your opinion, which army has the most interesting lore?

How common is it just to collect an army as decoration and just make them really good looking, not to primarily play with them, even if it comes up once in a while?

Sisters.
I kid you not.

Dark Angels. They're a bunch of tree hating robe wearing space knights who want to atone for their brothers' betrayal and escape their cycle of guilt. Take this creepy Craglist's add.

Chaos Space Marines. There's so many different things you can do with them fluff-wise and almost none of them have rules support.

Eldar are let down by poor writers consistently making them look like blind morons. Orks are let down by a lack of good writing from their perspective. Tyranids were ruined by Swarmlord shit. Necrons still don't have much flavor, and what little they have is concentrated almost entirely on a couple characters. Space Marine fluff too often devolves into stale accounts of marines shooting bolters are bad guys.

As much as I like the sisters, they need a real sallet.

Chaos Daemons, their stories are ridiculous.
Tzeentch drop his Lord of Changes to the well.
Chaos gods drop Tzeentcht from the mountain(are there any in the warp?) and he broke in to pieces, so he made 2 horrors to find those pieces.
Nurgling drink Nurgle's shit and become sad Great Unclean One.
Daemonette dance to please Slaanesh, and he says GTFO!
Bloodthirster atack Khorne, so blood god drop him from his citadel, after that this bloodthirster become most devoted of Khorne daemons and still lazy bitch on skull throne says FUCK YOU!

>First for CSM.
How would you do an army composed of corrupted Space Marines, Eldar, and Orks?

Video related, assume that they're stuck on a Khornate Daemon World until they all get corrupted:
youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

What I'm thinking:
Space Marine Captain: Chaos Lord (HQ)
Tactical Marines: Chaos Space Marines (Troops)
Imperial Knight-Paladin: Chaos Knight-Paladin (Lord of War)
Deff Dread: Hellbrute w/ 2 Power Fists, 1 Heavy Flamer, 1 Combi-Bolter (Elite)
Orks Boyz: ??? (Cultists w/ Mark of Nurgle, maybe?)
Eldar Wraithknight: Chaos Decimator Daemon Engine? Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought? Daemon Prince?
Howling Banshees: Chosen with Power Swords and Bolt Pistols?

I know that CSM are terrible to the point where it becomes a meme, but would a Walker-heavy list be decent for them?

>Chaos gods drop Tzeentcht from the mountain(are there any in the warp?)
They might have just poofed one up, or used Bigger Bird as a trampoline/bouncy castle.

>would a non-superheavy-walker list be decent
No, don't be stupid.

IIRC some dudes in 40k already had almost-sallets as their helms. Maybe adeptus arbites?

Is the 6th Edition Sisters update in the OP rules stash?

Yeah, Skitarii Vanguard.

Not uncommon. GW puts out amazing models. You'll be happier for not having gaming be your primary focus. Warhammer isn't worth it if you don't love working on models.

>>mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
>>Warhammer 40,000
>>Codex - Adepta Sororitas

Most factions have something about them I really like.

My first army were Dark Angels though.
First off what I like about Space Marines is, that in order to protect humanity they have to become something inhuman.

And the psychology of the Dark Angels is pretty interesting too. Half the Chapter turns traiter the other does not. Out of shame the loyalist half tries to keep the traitor half a secret and 'correct' the mistake themselves. But in order to do so they end up killing witnesses to their purge. So what started up as the wish for redemption is now a self righteous crusade that is turning out to be just as corrupting as the original betrayal.
They are caught up to deep in a web of lies to escape from and their struggle only makes it worse for everybody.

It's a pretty clever piece of writing really. Cause now you have to ask if a Chapter who places their own interests above that of the Imperium at large can truly be considered loyal.

And then you have the Deathwing. White Termie armor just looks awesome. Not a fan of the newest models though.

My second favorite would probably be Chem-Dogs of Savlar. Mix of nostalgia for Armageddon and enjoying the idea a bunch of backstabbing psychos being unleashed on the galaxy.

>Maybe adeptus arbites
Yeah they have a similar design.

The Skitles do.

Ah yes! Completely forgot that. I've always used Ranger heads on my Vanguards since hoods are the shit.

I love preheresy thousand sons because an army of psykers is sweet, and they've been though so much shit. Their primarch tried to do the right thing, got shit on, they paid the price, then Ahriman turns them into dust.

IG players/collectors, which regiments do you own? Vote now for the Emperor

strawpoll.me/11624322

>Orks are let down by a lack of good writing from their perspective.

You take that fucking back right now

Reposting

Made this list to face genestealer cult tomorrow, it's deathwatch plus some muhreens to provide support and teleport beacons. Could you guys give me feedback in this since it's my first time with deathwatch?
For now an user has told me to change ccws into shotguns and remove xenoblade

>Imperial Guard wishlist?

Multi-laser heavy weapon teams.

Deff Skwadron is a fucking national treasure. For every nation.

Can someone give me the rules for apocolyptic barrage please, or tell me which book its in so i can find it myself.

It's in the main rulebook. Under Barrage.

Rules are here but I'm going to tell you something else: Apo Barrages are all horribly bad weapons. They are so massively inaccurate that its not even funny. Even with stats like s9-10, good AP and loads of shots, they achieve usually worse results then same weapon without ApoBarrage rule.

Thanks guys, didn't realize it was in the main book.
>Apo Barrages are all horribly bad weapons
That's a shame if true, I haven't had a chance to use it yet (I buying a warlord and I've chosen the sunfury plasma annihilator, belicosa volcano cannon and 2x the triple laser blasters) and the current alternatives to the plasma don't seem that enticing, either the power claw with twin linked vulcan blaster which admittedly looks cool as fuck, but the sunfury seems so much nicer both in looks and stats

>Buying a Warlord.
What is it like to have such financial security???

Did you bet your paycheck on Trump or something. I wish I had, them 150-1 odds.

The volcano cannons are boring but they're effective. I'm still waiting for the quake cannon or the macro blaster. That six barreled fuck you cannon on one end and a stupid huge bore barrel on the other is very iconic to me.

I actually got the missile racks. They're not nearly as effective but I read the fluff about Legio Metallica using long ranged weapons to flatten the earth denying the orks cover and to soften all the titan class threats before they had to knife fight with gargants at Armageddon. That and I was never a fan of the baby kicking load outs on super heavies. You're already shitting all over your opponent. Every time I see the 8 D turbo laser Reaver it's kind of eye roll worthy for me. You don't really need to be a power gamer when you already have firepower of that scale lol

Yes.
Multi-las>Autocannon>Heavy bolter

Does anyone have that image about how to convert shotguns out of lasguns? I was also going to convert 10 guardsmen with bolters.

I've decided to expand my army with a team of shotgun melta vets and a new leman russ, either an eradicator for maximum anti-infantry or exterminator with lascannon and multi meltas.
Thats a good idea, right?

bring volkite back, 40k leman russ incinerators.

just google it, loads of guides there

I like the Harlequin when they don't do stupid shit like listen to a craftworld Farseer to break into the Emperor's Palace or listen to that same Farseer and try to doom your entire race.

Too bad it's gonna take a long time to see new Harlie release : High Avatar, Mime, named character..

Could any SM Players tell me if a Jump Pack can be fitted onto a Normal Tactical Marine model?

Say, what do you guys think of Biblical influence used in 40k? I don't mean whether you believe in it or not, but for making fluff is it cool or Clichè?

My idea that prompted this is some Daemons/CSM of Nurgle themed around 'Abaddon's Locusts'. It seems like a neat way to build up lore and get a neat theme going. Anyone else use the Bible, or any literature, to build their army?

Uh, user, I don't think assault marine models are that much different from regular ones. Not like they have wildly different molds.

they can, GW even sold the jump pack separatedly. Tho tactical marine lack the "ready to take-off" legs of normal assault marine.

Sorry my first and only model so far is a fine cast jump chaplain and his back was specifically molded for a Jump Pack

Alright great thanks.

Sorry I just assumed you've been into 40K for years or something. You can use the jump packs on regular tacticals but their comparatively static leg positions might make them look strange unless you pose them well.

And Assautl marine torsos have straps and buckles on the front to make the pack look detachable.

>straps and buckles
But the jump pack is where the power pack is, so I assume it incorporates a power pack as well.
If they removed the jump pack it would lead to the armour losing power?

Its all good, I am still trying to decide between Dark and Blood Angels and just got my solo chaplain to see if I like painting, though I like the corzius from the Betrayal at Calth box.

Thanks for the heads up

ask the writers

>Can't decide if I should spend 50 or 90 on the recaster's sale

Anyone else going through CCON for his season deals? It ends tomorrow and I just want too much.

What does it matter? Do you plan on using marines without backpacks?

>though I like the corzius from the Betrayal at Calth box.

You are right, f a m.

You could get B@C and an extra unit of the tacticals from the box + another box of assault marines and have a Demi Company without transports or auxilleries. (Though you could trade away the Dread and Termis from B@C for stuff)

>Recasters
Unless you're posting contact information or showing off new works you have completed kindly fuck off.

>White Armor
>Yellow Head
>Chaplain
>Shitty Camera

You know they are supposed to be Black armoured, right?

>Shitty Camera
This has always been true and I just haven't cared enough to go out and get a decent one.

>You know they are supposed to be Black armoured, right?
>"You have to paint your models like everyone else"
>Space Marines should literally highlight their leadership with special colors of armor and shit

Skull Face is enough, don't talk to me or my three sons ever again.

>8th in June
Looks like it's AoS and HH only for me then, i can't force myself to buy anything more with this bloat ruleset

Might be able to get some GW shotguns off of ebay now that there are plastic scouts, the landspeeder transport variant, new plastic bikers and deathwatch have shotguns too now.

3rd party stuff is an option as well of course.

If you already got the bits just ignore me.

>AoS

I hate the "paint according to GWs colour schemes or GTFO" mentality.
I don't care about scheme or skill, just not unpainted grey plastic army.

Dude. Literally everything in 40k comes from somewhere.
The whole HH is Dante's Inferno and the War in heaven. Ahriman was a babylonian demon I think. Lionel Johnson was a poet. Raven Guard are a not to Edgar Allen Poe. Lysander was a greek general.

I mean you can trace literally everything back to something else.
Rogue Trader started out as sci-fi rule set for GWs existing D&D miniature range, which is why a lot of the critters in 40k should seem familiar too.

So yeah it's totally in the spirit of 40k to fluff something after your favorite other thing and transplant that into 40k.

Has anyone figured out a fix for Battlescribe on Android not allowing you to select force type? App doesn't work while it's broken. Kind of hard to let the new guy write up a list when the program doesn't work and the shop doesn't let him borrow the codex of choice. (I wrote up my own lists, so I'm not super concerned, but it's not as easy for people who hate pirating.)

Eldar are the elves in Lord of the Rings too

>people who hate pirating
Battlescribe is more or less the same thing, they don't provide the codex files so they aren't liable for the stealing of the entries. So either he gets over his dislike of piracy or he forks out money for the codex.

Power armour has a reserve power supply, good enough to last until you get picked up by a rhino or something.

Chaos Space Marines and Orks "are" allies of convenience. I'm not as sure how to fit Eldar in but there are some options.

Since you mentioned the Daemon Engine, it sounds like you would be cool using Forgeworld in general. One thing I think you could do that would be reasonably scary would be:

-Run an Ork CAD as your primary, and use Zhadsnark as your Warlord. Take a bunch of Warbiker Troops, and sprinkle in Tankbusta support. Maybe some Looted Wagons.

-Add a Gorepack from Khorne Daemonkin. Give all the Bike units Meltas/Combi-Meltas, run as many Flesh Hounds as you can to support your Ork/Chaos Bikers.

-Optionally if your group is using DFTS rules, a Flyerwing of two Daemonkin Heldrakes with Hades Autocannons (NOT Baleflamers). You get Strafing Run and can still vector-strike flyers, and the lead flyer gets another +1 BS so you're hitting one ground target on 2+, another on 3+. Each Battle Company Rhino you pop is another Blood Tithe point.

No solution yet use this in the meanwhile

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Busy season coming up for work
>Planning my next game two weeks in advance
>Opponent still can't decide on a list
>All I know is its 1500+ points, no more than 1 flier and no LoWs unless we get up to 3000pts.

Anyone have any better luck than me?
Games coming up soon?

Thanks. Little clunky, but it should work.
I don't understand the guy's mentality. He's okay with playing with/against recasts, but he refuses to pirate the books. I just buy everything full price because we're the only 40k players left at my LGS and I have to make up for him somehow. My income is enough it doesn't hurt that bad to pay an extra $5-10 a box.

this is what I'm getting my brother for christmas, is it good?

Two Kill-Team games (and possibly a third Hunt the MC game with me fielding the MC) tomorrow, and a possible 750pt game during the week with my new models. Feels good.

What army are you taking for that game?

>What army are you taking for that game?
Faction wise, Salamanders. I am not sure what though because we haven't decided on points and I have a decent sized collection.

well today is friday and no school on campus (i wouldn't be going anyway, independent studies) so i'll try to get in a game at the nearby GW

Good taste. Burn everything, battle-brother.

Man I love that model so much.

>A combined force of Salamanders and Sisters

>no bangles for heavy flamer tacticals

My game for this weekend was cancelled. On one hand that sucks as I was looking forward to it. On the other, it means I don't have to pack the car with the table, terrain and my army.

Thanks, I find them to be my favorite chapter and they work well as a take all comers army.

Just get some genestealer cult shotguns

I want to get into this hobby, but I'm torn between khorne daemonkin, and genestealer cults.

Which is more fun, to play against and as?
Which of more viable?
Which is more likely to survive the coming 8th edition?

>For 40 pts you can get two haemotrope reactors that turn plasma calivers into blast weapons that get hot on 1 or 2
>Run in war convocation, free guns that never get hot, each vanguard squad is shitting out 9 plasma blast markers
Jesus fucking christ my bionic dick stands erect to praise the Omnissiah

GSC, just don't spam summons.

wouldn't you want the ad-mech servitors for large blasts?

Necrons

Sisters of Battle, matey.

it only affects plasma weapons that are in the BRB so that excludes a lot of admech weapons

Both.

Both is good.

Yeah, if only I could use one along with the VSG I already use...

Now I have a legit reason to use them, yeeey!

According to the Plasma Syphon FAQ, it affects those and any weapon with plasma in the name/description, so it def. includes the admech guns.

Small blasts are just pathetic, trust me.

Are summons as spammable with gsc as they are in chaos?

Because you have to roll lucky to get the summon power right?

Any good battle reports involving Titans? I wanna see some absurdly oversized mech action.

Obvious case of RAI over RAW dude, it's literally an Ad Mech fortification and the codexes didn't even exist when the BRB was written so of course their guns wouldn't be in there. Anyone who tries to rule they don't work is a rules lawyering asshole and you shouldn't be playing with them in the first place.

AdMech imo

well wtf

the same isn't true for the flamer pipes

Compared to individual shots? I'll fucking take it. It's not like I wouldn't be running plasma cal vanguard anyways in a War Convo.

No way near as spammable but you get to summon more points, and unlike daemons the summons have actual ranged weapons they can shoots.
You can summon troops with psudo-lascannons right behind vehicles.

Sure you need to roll for the Telepathic Summons power, but if you do get it, it's REALLY OP.

Gives you free units, kitted however you like, all for free.

Because not all weapons with template are actually flamer weapons. Ones that are say so in their Codex entry, like the Ork ones.

Weapons that say "plasma" are very clearly plasma weapons.

look for 3000+. it's interesting if you like seeing whole units, groups of infantry and tanks being simply removed. the god of the battlefield has changed