Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Ungentlemanly Warfare Edition
Insane WW2 plots Sub-Edition
Don't trust Britbongs with cows. Capriciously use American goats to poison Nazis! >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
discord.gg/wYS2J6b
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_2_134&products_id=752&zenid=87e2da802d991ed0427155c98f63170a
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do the FW Volkite Chargers fit on plastic Cataphractii? I want some Lerneans.

I can't decide on my Legion
This is annoying as fuck

user, there's a chart to help you and spare this bread of pointless suggestions. What's your play style, and which legion interests you?

Well, what sort of stuff do you like? Tough infantry, going fast, massed vehicles, shooting, assault, what?

They should, it is a power-armoured hand obviously, but it should fit the Cataphractii just fine.

Then you must pick Imperial Fists.

Do Imperial Fists Seekers have BS 6 then?

I love glass cannon armies, but i figured i'll leave that for Eldar in 30k/40k rather than Marines

If i think on it i like:
>I'd rather be durable than fast
>I'd rather hit hard overall rather than fancy combos
>I'd rather be fluffy and have a selection of units rather than spamming an "i win" unit

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Just roll a bone

Oh also that i don't want to play the "everyone and their mother" army

Trips of Imperial Fist

>>I'd rather be durable than fast
I got two for you. Iron Hands or Salamanders.

Repostan because I think it got lost in the thread transfer.
So. 20 thralls, expanding to 40 when I make my army bigger, a Thanatar, 4 Castellax with 2 darkfire for AT, 2 Mauler cannon and melee gear for anti-infantry.
6 Thallax come with the bundle, so maybe Icarian on 1 or 2 groups for AA if desired?
Add 2 Phospex medusas with Reductor allies, repaired by the Reductor magos in an Auxilia unit and that should be decent at 2k, right?

Anything I missed? Might want to grab a Vulturax eventually, but that has most anything I want in a starting list.

Death Guard

How popular are they? I'm not against rolling with Dorn

Honestly never thought of IH, my mate is already Salamanders

How are the legions like DG or IW? I keep hearing that AL are both popular and not at the same time

Is there a HH tactics resource somewhere? Pretty new to it and I'm noticing it plays a lot differently to 40k.

I know about 1d4chan but it doesnt give a lot of info about actually playing the game.

>are they popular like DG and IW
No. You can count the number of Sallies and Hands we have here on your hands. I wish I was joking. Now rip off your hands and put metal hands on those stumps.

AL are the most popular because they are the best.

You know what to do.

>How are the legions like DG or IW?
They are WW1 in Spess, you can't get more trenche warfare than that, and the DG is strong against what the IH isn't, and vice versa. And damn are the Iron Warriors shell shocked or what.
Also, AL are popular because they are flexibility and backstabbing incarnate, and you can pull some mindgames and steal legion specifics and sabotage & troll your enemy to no end...But their own legion specifics are kind of outdated right now, surpassed by Vets.
Yeah, I guess we need more diversity for the sake of diversity, huhh. Maybe this general is too IVth to your taste? Just let the guy play what he wants.

>>I'd rather be durable than fast
Any legion, depends how you build them.
>>I'd rather hit hard overall rather than fancy combos
>>I'd rather be fluffy and have a selection of units rather than spamming an "i win" unit

Iron Warriors.

He doesn't want to play an army everyone and their mother plays as said

IH 3++ Praetors and Sallie 3++ EWs beat I7 ECs
DG 3+/5+++ FnP(4+) are more resilient than "I literally cannot sit still" WS

So no, I don't quite agree with you.

The Devil is not mocked.

refer to for most friendly games

Pick an army that you like :
The fluff
How they look
The community around them

And if you get all three, or even just two, you should be satisfied with your choice.
I look forward to seeing who you choose and why

Do not deny (Your) mother's army, anooon! She plays Iron Warriors, and she'll decimate your ass! 1/10th of your buttcheeks gone! Not injured, just gone!

>The community around them
Pffff what? What does that even mean? Be your own dude, user! We may suggest things, but the decision is yours after all.
>And if you get all three, or even just two, you should be satisfied with your choice.
This bit I agree with, though.

Thanks for the help anons, i'll definately have a hard think tonight/weekend

Here is my attempt at Sons of Horus. I think the green most seem to do is lazy and wrong. Still very WIP!

Front. As you see, WIP as hell.

It think you need to move it more into the blue honestly.

what color did you use?

>Icarian
Never take icarian, your guns have pretty shit range and you want them to be able to score since even with thralls its best to have more scoring whenever possible. Take a jet instead

OK, so either a Vulturax or Lightning Strike Fighter. Leaning towards the Vulturax as I can cybertheurgy it and it can start on the board, as well as being hard as nails.

I'm not sure how to respond to that so take this Russian tonk graveyard.

I think he means the dozens of cringe inducing Facebook pages surrounding the Yiffs.

That's Tough allright. Man I want Crysos Morturg "Blackshield Formerly of the DG" to have his own Blackshield rules. It'll be Rad grenades: the army list.
Offering accepted - your buttcheeks remain un-decimated.

Oh, I see. Well, it's up to him whether he follows the herd or stands on his own. The Vlka Fenryka want to be seen as technovikings rather than furries, right?

Bingo

It's not even the furry thing, it's they get all weird with the old norse languages, and call people young pup, old wolf, shit like that.
Like goddamn, it's a tabletop game, don't RP so hard over your 'pro painted' ebay miniatures.

The good thing is as far as I know, the Wolves are the only chapter/legion/faction that have people like this. I have yet to hear of an Eldar community who calls old people Nearsears and new people Warp-spiderlings.

>replying to the muh ancestor 4 box yiff fat racist

Okay, here's my take for Headhunters.

We keep them mostly the same, give the pistols Banestrike, let them take 2 heavy bolters, and give them PE (Infantry) and Scout. Maybe drop them down to 20 ppm.

Then, in light of the fact that Sniper Vets aren't breaking the game we completely do away with the range reductions for banestrike across the board.

He's Tougher by the second!
Do one of the IWs user. Plaz
Overwolfing is the same as furrying to me. Nordic stuff I have no problem with.
Eh, I respond to comments, not to people. Unless they are annoying, then it's a people's issue.

I think if we just gave them the abolity ro get precisions shots on a 5 or even 4 up, or just made it so you couldn't look out sir them, then they would have a real place as the anti-character head hunter squad as opposed to seekers who are used to fuck up a particular unit.

Do note, though, that those legs are modeled to fit the marine bikes. The Outrider kit uses the scout bike, which required a slightly different pose to fit. The feet, for example, are at a different angle.

If you're going to get 3rd party legs, you likely need to convert them, the bike or use GW bikes instead.

After all this time, I still don't know whether I like running 20 man blobs, 15 man-pseudo blobs or 10 dudes in Rhinos

What is the general consensus here on the mandatory, yet impossible to decide upon vanilla tac squad?

Blob dudes requires 55 points of Apothecary, and a lot of luck, cover and grit to stay alive but can shit shit up with POTL, 10 dudes are safer for a while, and all but useless if the Rhino dies before time

Wait hold a sec he's racist? I thought he was simply a resentful ex-fat dude that couldn't deal with the present...oh. Blame is on me for treating him like a person, I guess.
Also get Banestrike to ignore power armour on a 5+ and give Power Daggers Murderous Strike.
We're reaching unheard of Toughness levels! Is he tougher than a Reductor, though?

1. Black undercoat
2. Spray Mechanicus standard grey over the miniature.
3. USMC from Panzer ace Vallejo and Basalt Grey Game color. That can be switched with Eshin grey I noticed.
It is 2:1 ratio green/grey

Will try using a leadbealcher coat instead of Mechanicus in order to try getting a more metallic look.

The green you have is more like most people seem to do. Kabalite green + Sybarite and then it is just, green and not the pale sea green from old.

That is just the base colour though. Thinking of putting a lighter layer and a highlight but don't know which colour to use.

>give Power Daggers Murderous Strike
I dont get this at all, enough rending wounds with precision strikes ought to do the same thing with killing characters. Simply instant death makes me a sad thallax

Hmm your reasoning is sound. Ok then, I guess Rending does represent a backstabbing attack.

To add to this, giving a named special character's unique weapon to a load of normal dudes is fucking stupid.

I rather think his weapon is stupid. Going to war armed with a scalpel?

He's a mad doctor, let him use his scalpel with his freaky astartes physiology

Yeah, I guess. I mean, the NL think he's way too insane even for them, that should tell us something, right?

Is Ordinatus worth its price?

Adding on to that, you know what? Every 30k doctor seems to be mad! The SA one, Mawdrym, hell Surlak learned his stuff from Bile himself. Is 30k's hippocratic oath "first do be mad" or something?
Ullator hell yeah, Saggitar meh, it's more resilient than a Warhound, but the Titan has double the D

approximately half of any models under the Ulator's line of fire will die with every shot.
If you can line it up right it's insane.

>Going to war armed with a scalpel?

It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools.

You have to be a little mad to be a doctor or a medic and run head first into battle.

I don't even know what that thing is, user. My weapons are just for show: I'm a member of the Church of the Holy Crater.
Your enemies will get shell shocked and pinned, but only if (You) say
"Walk the Path of Explosions with me"

Try pressing that button without your spleen.

>Scalpel
>Long-bladed knife
It's less going to war armed with a scalpel and more performing surgery with a Bowie knife.

Pfff user. That trickster 40k SW has an implanted Vortex grenade for a heart, and Satarael exploded instead of dying, you think I need to press anything? What do you think my spleen is in the first place?

Going for Sons of Horus on Davin, does anyone make 32mm swamp bases?

forgot pic

nice sea green.

California housing prices amirite

Secret Weapon does.
secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_2_134&products_id=752&zenid=87e2da802d991ed0427155c98f63170a

Needs more yellow.

still better terrain then that fulgrim dungeon was

I'm stuck between 2 Irons
>Iron Hands
+ Not commonly played
+ Good Vehicles buffs
+ Inviolate Armour

- Shit Primarch
- Cookie cutter

>Iron Warriors
+ Aesthetic Scheme
+ Perty
+ Fluff
+ Units like Havocs/Tyrants

- Super common
- Legion rules are meh/situational

Alpha Legion are an alternative too i suppose

>Alpha Legion are an alternative too
+ Aesthetic Scheme
+ Alpharius
+ Fluff
+ Units like Havocs/Tyrants

- Super common
- Meme Legion

>- Shit Primarch
Shit taste detected.

Really like the terrain at this store

>gets btfo in his own forge
>then fucking dies due to not following tactics 101
FM left the IHs following the total opposite of what he attempted to teach them

there's got to be a joke to this, I love the Black of your knight, but could you at least vary the washes you use on the metal

I already have a AL list drawn up too
But being just another AL player is kinda dull

Children of Sicarus link?

Those are some fancy iron warriors, always with their favorite red rug under their feet.

Kek. I guess they can barely afford cover?

Part of the reason I wanted to play a game today was to pick up storm host silver to edge highlight the metal on him. So thanks for reminding me.

Thank you sir

My fucking sides.
Cookie cutter? Also, (You) accepted Perty in your heart, that's more than what the regular loyalist IW is capable of. You're an Iron Warrior within your bitter heart.

Before i fully pledge myself to the IVth, can anyone give me an overview on what the RG are like?
I used to play DE in 5th and 6th of 40k and wonder if they play similar to the "Hit hard n fast or Die hard n fast" style of play

That Knight of yours is now called Knightismund and (You) cannt argue to the contrary. So says the Trinity of Arachnidkind, Citrics and Craters.

Kek

And this has been set in stone! So sayeth the High Priest of Spiidesh!

What does everyone think? Is the helmet passable as a mkV variant? I think it works, but I might switch it out for an actual mkV helmet, or possibly a mkVI. C&C welcome

I used helmets with the two lugs on either side of the grill. I always found it to fit the style of the helmets, be it the proper FW MkV or those Sarum, etc. style helmets.

They follow Corax's tennet of being where the enemy doesn't want them to be, and hit hard, but I don't think they die fast.

Just finished my purchase plans for all of the marine infantry I want to shift from 40k to 30k.

111 marines of various types, 2 contemptors, and 15 terminators.

Why do I have more marines than tyranids??

And most importantly, will I be able to finish by the time inferno drops? Wish me luck.

Could Blackshield Outlanders with Pariah Power Armour be a better fit for him?

I once found an image on how to create a scifi helmet, and important parts were grills near where the mouth would be, an air intake on top of the head and some tubes on the base of the cheeks that nobody knew what they were for