How do I get my boyfriend into tabletop?

How do I get my boyfriend into tabletop?
He's a turbo normie that sees it as "dumb nerd shit", which is kinda true, but I want him to see there's more to it than that

Start small. Veeky Forums related vidya, movies, clue him in slowly. Casual games.

Give him a blowjob every time you play a game together.

No man can resist the siren song of the blowjob.

Bribe him. Use your womanly wiles.

Find out what he likes as a hobby. Find something in RPGs that's related to what he likes.

>boyfriend
there are no girls on the internet
therefore
youre a faggot

Don't bring your partners into your hobby.

This. If he plays shit like skyrim or fallout which are normie as hell, tell him that RPGs are kind of like multiplayer coop skyrim. Ideally choose a system similar to his favourite RPG game, if he like skyrim choose any number of fantasy games, if he like fallout try something post apocalyptic.

Dump him and date me. XD
Find something he's into and try to cater a game to that. Start with something rules light.

turn it into ERP after the session

It's usually not a good idea if they've already got a negative opinion of it.
You could try to start slowly, but most tabletop stuff exists in a "you like it or you don't" state. If someone doesn't have fun with it, it just won't work.

You aren't ready to leave /b/ yet. Please go back for another year or so.

This. I know it sucks but bringing your partner in will only cause drama. Besides, if someone doesn't want to play they're gonna suck at it forever. Source: tried to drag my gf into it for three years

Lure him with cute cosplay.

>"dumb nerd shit"
Lost cause. Dump him. There's a million other fish in the sea. I am NOT one of them, so there's no ulterior motive here.

>Start with something rules light.
This. So much this.
My current go-to system for Tabletop RPG newbies is Dread. Can't get much more rules light than that.

If dating a dude who plays is a must, you're probably better off just finding somebody else. Not even necessarily an already-gamer guy, just somebody more open.

Usually when somebody thinks they won't like this stuff, they're right. Either because people know themselves better than you might think, or because they aren't ready to give it an honest chance. At least in my experience.

>nerd girl
>boyfriend is turbo normie
ree actually.

I will join you in that reeee

dump him, find a non-turbo normie

Alright, rather than kill a thread and start a new one I'm just gonna post this here. I have a related question. How does one go about finding a nerd girl? I mean, I've dated normies, but they never share my interests. I'd like to find a girl I can enjoy my hobbies with, but it just doesn't seem possible. Have any of you succeeded in this? And if so, how?

Be a turbo normie

Be attractive.

Fuck no.

This works

I'm not a fat neck beard if that's what you mean. I'm reasonably fit.

I've dated archetypal ca/tg/irl once, but I would not call it success.

Hambeast?

Then I'm out of ideas. I'd like to accomplish this myself as I've only been with girls I had nothing in common with and later hated.

Nah, fine body, several kinds of crazy.

I've mostly recruited everyone I've ever played with. Ended up dating a few, but didn't recruit them with that in particular in mind. I don't think I've ever made anything stick with someone who came to gaming on their own, though I've hooked up with one or two.

Best advice I can give you is to meet and create a lot of gamers, be patient, and remain open to relationships with people unlike yourself.

Alright. Thanks m8.

How much do you lift? Stats

Real talk here, it's never a good idea to force your partner to partake in your hobby. That being said, just ask him to sit in on a session to watch. Assuming your group is the type that plays for fun he'll probably want to join in at least once,see what it's actually about.

If he doesn't, no harm. Not worth dumping him over not sharing a hobby.

180 bench. Can run a couple kilometers (went on Veeky Forums and did the 5km program) I know it's not very impressive, but i'm not a gym rat or anything.

Step up your game senpai, I know you can do it.

I only ever seem to attract the crazies. Gave dating normies a go but it never worked for long. Realized the attraction is mutual but unhealthy.

So long as you're healthy that's the important thing.

>ecks dee

Stop this.

Thirded. Rookie relationship mistake. Separate interests, separate friends. Your lives can overlap but if you do everything together and hang out with the same people you just have zero fucking air and when relationship bullshit eventually crops up you have nowhere to turn

>How do I get my boyfriend into tabletop?
Offer blowjobs as a reward.

Dress up like a princess and climb up a tree. When he tries to get you down, refuse and say a damsel in distress can only be rescued by a brave knight. He either has to be alone on the ground forever or suit up and go full monty python.

You would be surprised how far this strategy can go.

I'm a straight guy and you will not believe how many guys will go "it's not gay if it's this one time". It'll probably work far better for a girl.

Adding onto :
The only mistake you can make is to act entitled. Remember that while romantic pursuit, even romantic pursuit persistent in the face of rejection, is perfectly okay, you're not entitled to anything. There is no such thing as a "friendzone" -- or rather, there is, but it's a natural part of social interaction. To put it in nerd terms, not every female character in a dating sim has a route.

Just don't be a clingy faggot and you'll be alright. Be polite, respectful, and have good hygiene; and get out of the house to socialize. That's really all there is to finding a partner. If you want a partner with particular interests, just socialize among people with those interests.

What he said. Any good relationship starts with a good friendship.

First make some sexual roleplaying.
Later include dices. Then you can stop with the icky part and only focus on the dices.

That's not what I meant when I wrote the post you're responding to, but you're not wrong, either. This.

Your words and your gif contradict each other

play "Everyone is John" first, its the ultimate gateway game into the world of debauchery and evil that is ttrpgs

It's the future, D&D is turbo normie now. Your boyfriend must be some previously unknown strain of hyper normie. Instead of ruining the subject by forcing him to hide his normie power level, you should be performing experiments of varying levels of ethicality on him.

Here's a good start

>womanly
What part of "OP is a faggot" is unclear?

Tits or GTFO.

Well duh. Where do you think you are?

Veeky Forums is /totallygay/

>180 bench
Ilbs or kg?

Fellow insanity magnet here
I think every crazy girl i've ever met has ended up falling for me, gets almost Yandere Simulator when i already have a gf though

Tons you fool.

>not megatons

DYEL?

>lift with such explosive force that the weights literally explode

But they're reeee-ing, nor Awooo-ing. Awooo-ing is a beautiful, sacred thing. Reee-ing is not.

Fellow crazy magnet here, I get the sad flavour of crazy

honestly drop him
a realationship where the intrests are that difrent does not work

Why are you idiots helping her?
She betrayed our kind for normie cock, she deserves no sympathy

Find out what his kink is, tie D&D to his kink.

>boyfriend
You'd better be a homo

>implying you wouldn't do the same

Find a fun game that fits a genre he likes and ask him if he wants to play.

>Dumb nerd shit

Call him a faggot and laugh at his lack of a hobby.

> "dumb nerd shit"
idk what sort of relationship you have but that's mighty abrasive way to categorize your so's hobbies
Imagine a guy dating a girl and calling her hobbies "stupid girl shit," or someone dating a sports fan and calling it "gay sports shit."

Women are more equal than men, you'd do well to remember that
>B-But that doesn't make any sense!
Welcome to post-modernism, where the rules don't matter as long as we can blame white, Christian men.

This.

what do you play?

Got lucky.

Found an RPG forum (The boring, non-TRPG-kind. Freeform crap.) when I was twelve. Nine years later, I was still in contact with some of the friends I made on there, and one of them was a cute girl. A few weekends playing through the Doom 1&2 campaigns co-op and I realized how I felt. Got drunk, confessed, she said she wasn't interested, and then months later decided she was. Since then we've been together for three, nearly four years, planning moving in together.

It wasn't easy. We both got through our various intimacy issues (Bad exes, mostly, and a manipulative friend on my side that took years to realize exactly what she was doing), and we still have various problems, but our problems don't relate to eachother- we don't argue or anything (unless it's about stupid stuff like the nature of consciousness and past lives- I'm a bit more of a skeptic than she is) it's more that we have to fight with ourselves in order to work together.

You're right, if a cute normie girl became interested in me I'd turn my back on all the dork girls in a second

cheat on him with nerds and let him know you did. that will make him reconsider what chicks find truly attractive in men.

I can't believe I see even this many responses pointing to "dump him". That is fucking retarded, even if the one girl that plays RPGs gets a new boyfriend, she's not gonna date you if you are such gigantic faggots. Specific hobbies or interests are not worth dumping anyone over.

Not a single one of the several girlfriends I've had in my life has thought of my hobbies (programming, games, anime, reading, etc.) as anything else than "stupid nerd shit" even if some of them might have accepted one specific thing or another. That doesn't matter - I said I liked them and I was gonna continue doing things I enjoy regardless of if they liked it or not. I've also said that I'm not gonna force them to like or even try any of these things - that's fair, is it not?

On the other hand, the attitude from women towards these hobbies is still kind of hostile. It's not as if I'm going to be disparaging towards my girlfriend's or wife's hobbies. As points out, even if you live and let live, if there's open despise towards what your partner enjoys, I don't think that's healthy for a relationship in the long run. I do quite a lot of sports, so I might give a non-nerdy air about myself. The women have probably been disappointed at what they found inside. Can't blame them.

This guy gets it.

I like dork girls more than normie ones...

I like 2D girls more than either of those.

>using sexual favors as a resource for bargaining and not as a mutually enjoyable expression of affection
>not being in a relationship where both parties can enjoy performing sexual services without expecting anything in return

>using sexual favors as a resource for bargaining and not as a mutually enjoyable expression of affection
>not being in a relationship where both parties can enjoy performing sexual services without expecting anything in return
and do you think that's really how relationships work?

>a manipulative friend on my side that took years to realize exactly what she was doing
Explain

Men have a higher sex drive than women.
Men have a higher ability to gather resources than women.
Theoretically speaking a mutually benificial trade exists. Theoretically speaking, in a situation where there is no law fucking one side over.

Why would you? They have all the bad traits regular girls have as well as all the bad traits nerds have.

To be honest, you're better off not being a gym rat. Women tend to see gym rats as good for one-night stands, but not for full relationships.

Maybe they don't, but they should.

For the most part, there was a phase where me and this 'friend' got rather close. I had a crush on her, and she knew it. Anyway, she kept implying that she had a thing for me, but kept giving excuses as to why we couldn't get together. I was crushing on her pretty hard during school years, and after that she just occasionally came over to chat and spent most of that time just beating herself up- thus making me try my best to cheer her up.

Eventually I realized that she'd stopped talking to me entirely outside of those pity-party sessions. I was pretty hermetic around that time, keeping to myself, so I didn't know any of her other friends, and she could just keep me strung along due to my crush.

Turns out she was using me to boost her self-esteem and didn't really give a shit about me. She could complain about whoever she wanted, and it'd never get out to her friends, and since I had a thing for her- and never really left my house due to my social anxiety- then she'd always have me around to be her ego-slave. She could have a shitty day, and dump all of her emotional burdens on me. I was convinced that if I could only help, I could make her fall in love with me.

Things really clicked when she got me a book for my birthday. As weird as that sounds. She'd just scrawled on the inside 'you mentioned [book title] as a quote once so I thought you'd like this'. and I realized that she didn't actually care.

When I started going out with my current girlfriend, my 'friend' immediately started interrogating me. She switched between 'hostile' and 'flirtatious'. in an attempt to regain control or whatever.

What are you, a faggot?

Fellow crazy magnet here.
Eventually I realized all my friends were crazy as well. Then I realized I was crazy when I tried to make friends with normies.
My family is even worse.

3D womyns are not important.

Absolutely. You're an idiot if you think every man just collapses their will at the prospect of a blowjob.

Maybe let him play a game if he enjoys it. If he doesn't want to play, don't force it.

Healthy relationships.

I think you guys are overemphasizing the wrong aspect. Its ok to share hobbies with a significant other but it is important to have your own as well. But not all hobbies need be exclusive.

For example I run a campaign for my GF and a few of her friends and everything is fine. We both enjoy table top. There's no drama and it's a nice way to spend time while also spending time with others.

But its also important to have your own exclusive hobbies and friends. I run a campaign for old highschool friends and also have my own hobbies like the gym and BJJ and refinishing old furniture. Where as she has art and painting and stuff. Its important to have things that get you out away from your partner so you have space.

I'm sure you guys know this I just wanted to clarify for other anons who might see what you wrote and interpret it as "don't share any hobbies with your partner".

Make me XD

So she trapped you in the dreaded friendzone? What a cunt

That's pretty clearly not a friendzone situation.

What would you call it then?

What about a footjob?

Quentin, pls.

It's actually /transgender/
It also explains why OP is refering to his/her boyfriend

This.

Basically, you are two separate individuals. You WILL have different desires and hobbies. This is not a problem; it BECOMES a problem when one tries to impose their hobbies or desires on the other.

If he doesn't want to join, it may be that he simply has no interest in the hobby. And that's fine; being in a relationship isn't about becoming the same person; it's about being in love with another human being.

Or something like that, newfag.