Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Where did you steal your character concept from?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBVU12SWp0MTJSWTA?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-armor/abrogalian-corset
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/corset-of-dire-witchcraft
archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Corset of Delicate Moves
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well, I've got two I'm poking at. One is stolen shamelessly from WoW and the other is just a boy who can't go home again.

Doll a cute. CUTE!

From Command and Conquer.

>Where did you steal your character concept from?

One is from Game of Thrones, the other is from the Witcher and one I'm hoping to play is partially based on John Wick.

From Spoony, weirdly enough. His recent ramble on AD&D psionics got me thinking about how I could turn that into a more modern character concept.

No. Maria a cute.
Doll is BEST.

Legends of Galactic Heroes

>No. Maria a cute.

Maria is filth! FILTH!

No bully!

Does this look like the face of a girl that deserves mercy?

from lupin III

The hunt soiled a prime waifu into that.
More reason to hunt down themcords and cut a Cthulhu.

Uhhh everywhere. Deviant Art, google images, Veeky Forumsbooru, video game concept art (all those resource management fantasy games you play on your phone are amazing for art), character art threads on Veeky Forums from here and a few other chans. A couple of people have websites for it too and here is my google drive full of it

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBVU12SWp0MTJSWTA?usp=sharing

Since we're on the topic of bloodborne, what's the best way to design a Hunter in Pathfinder? Assuming 3pp is available.

Brutal Slayer or the Desperado Warlord.

>(all those resource management fantasy games you play on your phone are amazing for art
Honestly, Obscure RPGs are amazing for character art.

As a trickweapon collector, who hunts down rogue hunters and uses their weapons as many times as he can

There is a pf 3PP book called blood magic or some such that has tons of great art for niche casters and what not. It is where I picked up my bloodmage art.

As someone who never had the Old Hunters DLC, what was the deal with Maria?
It just seemed like a bad meme when everybody started hating on her.

Probably an Inquisitor (Sanctified Slayer), or Slayer

Guys I can't decide if I want my next initiator to go full anime or stick to more normal ttrpg style
Help

Maria is one of the more difficult Hunter styled bosses, and has phases like many of the more monstrous bosses. It makes her a pain to fight.

Lore-wise, she's the person the Doll is based off of. Gehrman's creation was in her image, because he evidently loved her. But by the time you come into the hunt, he no longer cares about her, which is why the Doll no longer moves, at least until you get some Insight.

For every waifu action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Oh god he won't leave.

>what was the deal with Maria?

You mean why people love to make fun of her? Because she's an incredibly edgy character in a game dripping with edge.

She's the half-vampire* master huntress that Gehrmann loved and uses *blood and fire* for her attacks.

??

So anons were just bitches that couldn't deal with a tougher boss than Micolash?
I want to believe there's somethig else to it, but...meh.

Also, I knew she and the doll had some metaphysical connection, and that something was up with her and Gherman. He has this fair and almost motherly construct that has nearly all the mannerisms of a human, but he so casually disregards her.

>and uses *blood and fire* for her attacks.

>Silver-gray hair
>Golden eyes

Was Maria a Targaryen?

Targaryens have violet eyes, not golden ones.

>Namefagging
>Normalfagging
??

What would be cuter, zenko kitsune or hound archon blooded aasimar for PsyArm/PsyWar gestalt? He'll be a trap either way.

What would gestalt well with a medic? Actually, how do you build a medic?

You killing yourself.

>hillary supporter detected

lmao left it on

>What would gestalt well with a medic

Depends on the type of medic you want to go for.

I usually try to stitch characters together from many sources, but I've been especially lazy lately and haven't been amassing enough references. Seriously need to look into finding some tamer styles of clothing.

Unrelated, but I slightly regret respeccing one of my characters into straight Oracle when the GM decided to not do Gestalt.

>but I've been especially lazy lately and haven't been amassing enough references

How tame do you want it?

I just realized that the "make contact" gesture basically turns you into a wave receptor (like a radio antenna).

You have an X-axis and a Y-axis component (up-arm and out-arm) at maximum extension, to pick up the most signal you can no matter the orientation of the incoming waves.

Inquisitors work fairly well. I'd personally go with the archetype packages (super genius games) style multi-classing and drop the spellcasting in favor of grabbing sneak attacks, or paladin smite stuff.

Or you could start alchemist, drop the bomb and mutagen alchemist archetype packages - grab the inquisitors 'executioner' package, and the fighters 'battle master' package.

>Finally get to play in a game
>Can't decide what character to make
Truly this hell is neverending

Tell us about the game and creation rules, we could help!

What kinds of medic could I be? I'm not very familiar with the class.

Didn't an user homebrew this as a base class in these very threads?

>How tame do you want it?
How about "teenager from small town tries to look like he thinks a hero should" and "lightly armored or unarmored male sword user, preferably with a thrusting sword"?

Say no more, senpai.

Why is there a magic corset that gives an Escape Artist bonus? Isn't the whole point of corsets that you can't bend over in them?

I recall that, but I never read it and if it's anything like most of the homebrew /pfg/ responds to, it probably wasn't very good.

Inquisitors + Alchemists are a great starting point for hunters. Extracts replicate vials / blood tinge / hunter fluffy abilities fairly well, and inquisitor judgements / solo teamwork feats represent hunting abilities fairly well.

then you just need to find some way to do trick weapons.

Paizo are not clever.

JUST

It's magic.

>chimp out intensifies

Okay here are the rules:
No classes with any amount of Vancian casting.
That's it.
Right now I'm thinking about a Tinker, a Brutal Slayer Bushi Stalker, a Contender Brawler, a Sworn Protector Warder, a Moonlit Meditant Soulknife or an Incanter.

The game's setting and plot will be made after the party is assembled.

Do you see what the problem is here?

Stop messing with me and stealing my characters!

So! Who all's looking forward to the weekend? Any big plans, in-or out-of-game?

Anyone got Blood of the Beast?

Did you know that Pathfinder's magic items include corsets in the armor, body, and chest slots?

Example of armor slot corset: d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-armor/abrogalian-corset

Example of body slot corset: d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/corset-of-dire-witchcraft

Example of chest slot corset: archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Corset of Delicate Moves

You can wear three magic corsets simultaneously.

Make an adorable halfling Hidden Blade Filcher Unchained Rogue who steals everything.

Any weight to this?

"But back then Lisa Stevens hired MMO developer Ryan Dancey to develop the Pathfinder MMO, in spite of Dancey's horrible track record with games. This was a purely personal move because they're old friends. It's one of many bad decisions that basically led to the state Paizo is now in and why I left.

Pathfinder Online was developed by the independently owned (but Paizo-backed) company Goblinworks, and Paizo invested a VERY substantial sum of money in the company. Way too much.

So as a result of this investment, there were no bonuses allotted to salaried employees that year. I wouldn't be surprise if they're still denying everyone their bonuses.

Goblinworks failed to deliver the promised product and, in spite of months of us trying to warn upper management that Pathfinder Online was fucked, the plug wasn't pulled on Goblinworks until the 11th fucking hour, way past the point of being able to salvage the company. By this point Paizo pumped so much money into Goblinworks that they were entering financial dire straits. The Goblinworks folks tried but Paizo just gave the fuck up, which I can't blame them for. It's way too little too late.

Paizo became so short on finances that they were unable to maintain the development of the VTT software or essential upgrades to their proprietary forum/store back-end.

I heard that since my departure Paizo's started to intentionally delay payment of contractors (artists and freelance writers) in order to juggle financial burdens from month to month in a pretty blatant breach of contract.

I don't know about Paizo internally, but Goblinworks definitely shit the bed repeatedly with literally everything to do about Pathfinder Online.

>multiple layered corsets

...I want more.

No game this weekend, going to spend tomorrow the same way I'm going to spend tonight; get plastered with friends from school and shitpost on /pfg/ when I get home.

Wish me luck!

Playing in my low-magic setting this sunday. Got a silent auction to go to, apparently there's a magic carpet for sale. I want to steal a whole bunch of stuff (5th level factotum) but the GM says that stealing is worse than child rape in this setting, so i gotta be careful, lol.

Shitty thing is that i realized today that i can't take EWP: Hand Crossbow at first level since my bab is too low. Now i'm considering taking a level of rogue at 1st, but if i do that i can't take Font of Inspiration twice for my flaw feats. I don't want a fully optimized character, because reasons, but i don't want to only plunk away with 4 damage crossbow bolts either. I really don't want to wait another level for Knowledge Devotion, and since i'm being tracked by wizards, i really want to take Darkstalker as soon as i can.

So yeah, should be fun.

My favorite thing about bilbette, is her pipe-smoking hobby.

Kender please go

But user, how will you breath!

But the game was really promising.

HAHAHAHAHA

They were doomed from the moment they made an open-PVP game and then started telling players they'd get banned if they were "mean" to each other. There's no cure for that kind of design schizophrenia.

Hopefully my laptop holds out. If it doesn't, that ruins the game for everyone.

Practice.

It was graphically ancient too you'd expect that from Everquest 2 at most, and for a game that wasn't out yet, that's bad.

But why would a proper noble lady want anything to do with adventurers?

Why did they even consider Goblinworks and Dancey?
That's basically haemorrhaging money and inducing ill will.

They're big, they're burly, and after the mage has a talk with him her husband was always totally for her having kids with them instead.

>uses *blood and fire* for her attacks
That just sounds like regular hunters though

I'm pretty new to Pathfinder nad made a wizard. How do I be useful? I understand I'm meant to control the battlefield as opposed to doing raw damage. I have a third level wizard right now.

Etrian Odysssey is not "obscure rpg"
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Glitterdust. Just make everything blind.

Eventually you will be using dimension door and teleport a lot.

I've heard that grease is extremely useful as well.

Also something about prestidigitation being mandatory for all wizards.

Glitterdust, Color Spray, Prestidigitation is just plain quality-of-life (like, AS A PERSON a mage would be insane not to learn that one), grease is good, mage hand is highly handy (unless you like touching potentially dangerous crap from up close with your actual body)

If you're playing to have fun. Pick any spell you want.

If you're playing to help your fellows. Pick all the utility spells that helps with non-combat obstacles like shape stone, fly, air bubble, etc.

If you're playing like your typical Veeky Forums playaer, you grab exploiter wizard archetype, all the crafting feats, and invest in all the crowd control spells that trivializes the game, everyone gets bored and quits and you have to wallow in /pfg/ begging for a new group to join.

>That pic

user please.

>everyone gets bored and quits and you have to wallow in /pfg/ begging for a new group to join.

who hurt you user?

gee, I'm sorry I didn't post some trans bilbo or fox furries. I am so sorry, how can I ever make up for the error of my ways.

Those all sound like a good idea to take, thanks user!

>Exploiter Wizard
user I'm insulted that that's all you can come up with

I want to cuddle a Doll

What divination spells should I prepare as a level 4 foresight wizard? How can I learn about what I will fight before fighting it with my spells?

I was actually going to say it was way hotter than I was expecting from /pfg/. I'm just as tired of fox sluts and woman (males) as you are.

Oh come on, don't be like that.

fair warning: illusion, enchantment, abjuration and divination are shit schools.

While we're talking about wizardry, is there a way to play an Evoker wizard that's on par with a well set up blaster sorcerer, or am I forever restricted to just playing the bloodline mages than someone who actually earned their magic?

>divination
But that school power

This post is objectively wrong

>Illusion
>Shit school
What are shadow illusions?

Answer: A shit spell effect from a shit school.