Who would you have do a 40k movie?

If you controlled Hollywood, who would you have direct, act, etc? What would be the plot?

Other urls found in this thread:

ifyouonlynews.com/politics/god-emperor-trump-6-critical-dangers-trumps-fanatical-cult-poses-to-america-video/
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Ultramarines-A-Warhammer-40-000-Movie/Full?id=53739
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is so much wrong with that pic I don't even know where to begin.

I'd fucking wet myself if they got Christopher Nolan or Quentin Tarantino

>valerian
>young adult book

Here's (you)r (you).

Didn't know there's a Pepe book series.

>Implying Pepe actually helped win the election and that most trump supporters gave a flying fuck about pepe

>implying anyone gives a shit about 40k

honestly.. warhammer is like, the perfect thing for bay. like ignore transformers and give him a baneblade and orks.

Yeah, you're right, God Emperor Trump was totally the ticket. Thank God for 40k.

What is the connection between Warhammer and Trump getting elected, exactly?

because god knows that the masses were swayed by 40k

Huffpost, nytimes, dailybeast, vox, aj+, even CNN all have articles about the rise of people fanatically referring to him as "God Emperor Trump".

It was pretty main-stream thing for a 40k reference.

You know what? Fuck it, I'd watch this.

>Quentin Tarantino
all of my YES!!!!

That would kinda fit actually...

I feel like it should be about guard or rouge traders or something, and only have space marines show up at the very end. I feel like most screenwriters would just blow their load 5 minutes into the film and have drop pods just raining down.

It should be like alien...barely ever see em...then BOOM

>Quentin Tarantino
No thanks. Salamanders players are already insufferable enough.

Valerian isn't a young adult dystopian book series, it's a series of pulpy comics from the '60s. It's just that when the film was being made, they decoded to abandon the influential aesthetic of the original in favor of bland generic modern sci-fi.
If that happened to 40K I would fucking boycott it. Aesthetics matter, people.

my girlfriend voted for trump cause she hated hillary clinton, and thought that the 'god emperor trump' thing was a dune refrence

I totally forget they were making Valerian, I'm... not confident about it.
I mean, I don't give a shit about respecting the stories but it have its own atmosphere and if there is one thing adaptations almost never do is managing that.

But TMNT 2 was a failure.

This would be best.

I think a kind of story telling how in a world with super humans who spit acid, daemon gods who bestow great power on to dicks who jack off with barbed wire and planet eating space monsters, a generic human can do alot would be nice.
also Baneblades, Basilisks, sexy Eldar waifus, Valhallan Ice warriors killing Orks, Tau, and Chaos with a Michael Bay level of explosions would be high quality

Also i feel like an intro scene showing off the SPESS MEHRENS and Zenos would be neat as a way to show how big the world was and how small your average guardsman was. That would be the stuff in the trailer so they dont spoiler later action

I had the idea to look up any articles that made references to the Trump memes. The deadpan and completely sincere belief that some of them have in regards to our seriousness when referring to him as "The God Emperor" is fucking hilarious.

Links?

Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?

HERETICS!

Personally I'd do a guard movie focused around a squad that find a marine that had gotten trapped in the last war the planet had and went into hiberantion before being woken up by the guard squad. I'd play up the guardsmen meeting and SM for the first time and make sure the SM got plenty of the mid-high level Astartes feats like dodging bullets and shit

Then at the very end I'd kill him off in an instant as they run into a chaos cult that the entire movie foreshadows like crazy but never directly menions as the fuckers turn out to be a Khornete cult that managed get Kharn the Betrayer to the battlefield. The last few minutes of the film would be stills of the rest of the squad dying intercut by images of the rest of the planet falling to Chaos

>40K gets a big hollywood adaption
>it looks AMAZING visually and acoustically
>gets stuffed with SJW subversive messages, quipy writing and a forced love story that takes away from the actual plot of the film

>pulpy
Not really, not by 60's american comics standard anyway. In france/europe we tend to differenciate comics and "bandes dessinées" (literally "drawn strips").

It was mostly a sci-fi adventure story. And I should say "is" because it's still running in some form, and the latest volumes made by the original authors got published well into the 2000's.

You are only mission female space marines to complete your set

Please fuck no. Also i would be only ok with the hollywood sjw stuff if it is a white guy with an eldar to simulate hollywood's hard on for racemixing.

You know in your heart of hearts, there is only one man that we can have to do a 40K movie.

I want Ridley Scott doing a 40k movie. The man knows how to do shooty scenes that mean something instead of the explosions for the sake of explosions that are Bay's movies.

Uwe Boll retired. Says the market is dead. He isn't doing movies any more.

m shamalamadingdong would fit.

>movie featuring Alpha Legion
It fits.

it really does

ifyouonlynews.com/politics/god-emperor-trump-6-critical-dangers-trumps-fanatical-cult-poses-to-america-video/

It's nowhere near a respected new source, but it's hilarious none the less.

Ewe Boll
Yes I want it to be cheesy and bad.

I can see it now.
>Guard fort in the middle of nowhere
>sudden attack by ork waaaghh!!! that will destroy an imperial colony if not stopped.
> Guard calls for marine support against the xenons.
>Hold the orks back until marines show.
>1.5 hours of fighting and charector dev
>climax: just as orks are about to break through guard defenses...
>boom!!! pods start raining from the sky, marines show and kick ork ass.
>fin

Of course the market is dead. He shot it twice in the chest and buried it in the desert after all.

>God Emperor Trump
>it's a 40k reference
Didn't Dune call a dude "God Emperor" in the early 80s? Before 40k existed, at least?

Yes it did. Very likely the origin for the God-Emperor at all

>that pic
I don't think people understand how little the general public cares for 40k. It's like, 90% is unaware of it's existence and of the 10% that is aware of what it is, I think less 2% are 'fans' that play and enjoy the game.

How can someone be surprised we don't have a 40k movie? Frankly...It's like being surprised nobody wanted to turn Darkover into a HBO series. Actually, Darkover at least has the weight of the author of The Mists of Avalon (a rather respected and mainstream known fantasy) behind it. But it's too niche, so it will never be. And I like Darkover. i can live with that.

Why can't 40kids just accept the fact people don't want to touch their franchise of choice?

>inb4: it was just a joke bruh

Even if this post was, the whine 'why no 40k movie yet' is repeated in this board enough that it justify adressing it.

>40k God Emperor is the pinnacle of humanity.
>Dune God Emperor is a worm-like monstrosity.

Guess to which analogy /pol/ would flock to.

The worm like monstrosity, as demonstrated

Having played Emperor: Battle for Dune, I understand the feeling.

Nah, she lost the elections.

>It's like, 90% is unaware of it's existence and of the 10% that is aware of what it is, I think less 2% are 'fans' that play and enjoy the game.

Hey Kids! Did you know that 99% of all statistics on the internet are unsourced and probably pulled out of someone's ass?

I think I'd like to see an inquisitorial film

It'd start out as being like a murder mystery with the inquisitor having to find out what the chaos cult is up to, in the middle of a battlefield. A suspicious death or a mark of chaos where none should be. Then it's off to investigate everything, with the effects of war being felt everywhere. Throughout it all, Orks are attacking everything. At the very end however, I'd like to see the chaos cult ALMOST succeeding and rising up to fight against the imperial guard from within until the Inquisitor calls down the Astartes in drop pods.

That's the kinda movie i'd like to see.

I'm looking forward to it. When I met the author, he said it was shaping up to be a pretty good adaptation so far, but you might want to read the source comic first. Luckily he had one on hand, so I am prepared and hype.

Did countless masses really give a fuck about BloodRayne games?

No, not really, and yet those got a shitty live-action film.

Why don't we just start a petition
Enough people sign it, it bumps up to most signed petition
More people who see it will start googling it and then bam
A big studio gives a thought and sees its profitability
From there on out it's up to GeeDubs

Does any video game to movie adaptation resemble the original? I mean, if I tried to play Resident Evil as Alice does it, I'm sure I'll get wrecked.

Everything except for the spoileree bit is ok, that stuff is just Retarded. That is just Grimderp for the sake of Grimderp that will
A) leave the, audience who mostly came for an adaptation of a franchise, not a wannabe band of Brothers IIINN SPHEESSS, with a bitter taste and an unsatisfying end
B) Severly limit options for a sequel
And
C) Piss off a majority of the 40k fanbase, as now the entire movie plot and development gets upstaged by a giant "CHAOS IS INEVITABLE, WE'RE NUMBER ONE!" Wankfest of an ending (seriously, using even Tyranids, or Necrons and having them win wouldn't have been as bad).

Come on chaps get on it

arent all of those some disgusting liberal web sites?

Fully agree
What petition site should we use?

Come on guys if /pol/ could meme a god into re existence and win a US election we could at least try and get a 40k movie off the ground

...Mortal Kombat?

Lets ask Christopher Nolan...

But user, Chaos is inevitable. The movie is just being true to lore :^)

>book series that got Trump elected
Is this another "40kiddies think they have more relevance than they actually do" episode?

Jesus christ I can't wait for this bullshit to be over, I'm tired of fucking poltards poisoning 40k with their trump bullshit.

But beyond that there should be a Imp Guard movie be like the omnibus where you show different levels of the guard from them winning like champs to getting fucked over by administratum error.

This. If anyone actually gave a damn about 40K, GW wouldn't be constantly on the verge of bankruptcy

Yesssss
How should we get his email

You forget user, GeeDubs did back a movie for 40K....

kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Ultramarines-A-Warhammer-40-000-Movie/Full?id=53739

I'd say, fuck GeeDubs. If thats the best we can get out of them, then we're screwed worse than when ultramar got eaten by tyrannids.

We'll put in the movie that GeeDubs can't direct it

Right, because 40K didn't totally steal the whole "God Emperor" thing from Dune or anything.

Just like 40K invented the concept of a space marine.

He wasn't saying 40k invented the name, just that it was the iteration of the concept they were referring to. I find it likely, considering all the fan art.

Most of 40K is just a shitty Dune bootleg with random Heavy Metal comics inserted in between the pages at random

It didn't invent such things, no, but it did refine and popularize them. The Warhammer settings are pretty much directly responsible for inspiring all modern sci-fi and fantasy, without GW these geners would be all but non-existent.

But Leto II is the pinnacle of humanity. By removing himself from humanity he was allowed to look at the system as a whole save it from itself. He took on the role of tyrant out of love for all the things he revoked from humanity and knowing that it would bring his death.

40K Emps was just an autistic, self-righteous faggot with a respawn button.

>The Warhammer settings are pretty much directly responsible for inspiring all modern sci-fi and fantasy

You fool! Do you know what autism you've unleashed?

>it did refine and popularize them
With who?

I promise you more people know of the God-Emperor of Dune than they do of 40K's paltry ripoff.

And as for "refining" it, 40K did nothing of the sort. Leto II is a far more refined and fleshed out character and everything else 40K ripped from Dune such as Guild Navigators, Fish Speakers, and Face Dancers and the Bene Tleilax in general were all superior in Dune

>The Warhammer settings are pretty much directly responsible for stealing from all modern sci-fi and fantasy
FTFY

>But 40k Emps is the pinnacle of humanity. By removing himself from humanity he was allowed to look at the system as a whole save it from itself. He took on the role of tyrant out of love for all the things he revoked from humanity and knowing that it would bring his death.

>Leto II was just a gay-ass worm monster.

Mid 60's, but yeah. Dune also had a Navagator cast, a group of mutants who were the only ones who could pilot ship jumps.

I don't know who that generic space marine Sean bean is playing.....but I like it

Micheal Bay could probably do Deff Skwadron justice,maybe?

Hopefully he wouldn't mangle the plot too much

But Emps never removed himself from humanity. He just kept on respawning as different important people and fucked everything up every time he tried to. Also he never wanted to die, he wanted to live and be praised forever.

He's basically just Baron Harkonnen with an extended lifespan, except even more of a faggot

The ancient Byzantines and Iranians had rulers that were called god-emperor, the word is much older than is commonly presumed.

Of course they did, as the black library decrees, the emperor was born in Anatolia, in the days of ancient Sumeria. Thus His Lordship, the Holy God Emperor was able to guide his children through the ages.

>implying the god of Chaos Kek didn't will Trump into power.

Pls user no. Some of those actors are awful

Full Metal Jacket in space, except the Space Vietnam part should be actually interesting, exciting and horrifying.

So
>bumfuck world
>bumfuck and his friends get conscripted to IG
>training, interspersed with life in the Imperium
>deploy to another kind of Imperial world
>orks, nids or Chaos rampaging everywhere
>bumfuck and his IG platoon get raped
>Space Marines rescue the day!
>except Space Marines are basically sociopathic, inhumanly focused Jihadists that don't understand the IG just want to go back to their families and live etc.

This is an innately pleb conception of movies, WH40k and these 2 directors.

Christopher Nolan is about trying to recreate myth in reality (so he would make 40k to realistic to function) and Tarantino is about film and TV as a part of culture, and 40k doesn't really have film and tv references at it's heart so doesn't interest him.

Except we already knew 40k very liberally cribbed Dune amongst other things.

>warhams
>more popular than Dune
Excuse me, I need to go die of laughter now.

Just got done watching, I actually liked it. Sure, it's no Alien, Star Wars, or Stargate movie. But considering how limited their budget must have been, it was a pleasant couple hours of time spent.

Just like 40K is entirely awful.

Valerian isn't YA fiction, but that's already been mentioned. Luc Besson is kinda hit or miss, but I have faith this will be a hit. It seems more on the Fifth Element side of things rather than the Lucy side.

So... Who's getting cast as Creed?

>The Warhammer settings are pretty much directly responsible for inspiring all modern sci-fi and fantasy,
Lolwut? Are we surely talking about setting who didn't contribue anything new in genres except green orcs?

Just remake black hawk down in the 40k universe.

IG crash lands into dark eldar forge world, fight their way out, add some spess marens at the end to show how much more powerful a battle brother really is, sequel?

Honestly, I wouldn't want to do a movie (I think an HBO/Netflix show about the Horus Heresy or something would be better), but if I did, it'd be an adaptation of Dead Men Walking. It has an every-man protagonist the audience could easily identify with, and who doesn't really comprehend the setting he lives in, so it works for audience members who aren't familiar with 40k. Additionally, it's grimdark af and gives a good overview of the feel and aesthetic of the setting. I'd want to use unknown actors for most of the characters, though it'd be cool to get Michael Fassbender to be the Krieger Colonel, and I'd want Germans for all the Kriegers in general.

>honestly.. warhammer is like, the perfect thing for bay
im more inclined to Zach snyder.
the tone and atmosphere of 300 would translate perfectly into W40k

>And then Chaos out of fucking nowhere
I didn't know that Black Library posted on /tv/

>Dark Eldar forge world
Literally doesn't exist. Also 40k is a horrible universe to make an adaptation out of. There's some novels written in it that are some of my favorite books ever but a lot of them are just complete bullshit that are not true to their own setting.

Casting Ron Perlman as Creed would do the movie the disservice of not casting Ron Perlman as a Chaos warmaster.