Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sDlVOGOGhCQ
platinumgod.co.uk/afterbirth
youtu.be/Af6JRDhNBiw
youtu.be/cPRaAabuOPg
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bwl-aJm3wG4nN2w1TGJCSVlQZ2M?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there was an attempt

I'm curious, will you be making anymore CYOA? I'm assuming your not since not only it was your only CYOA but it has been two years after it's been made.

Any news on 0rder or the battlemage update?

This... actually I like it.

Blue+Black

Immortality is nice. Does it let me pause time or anything? Or just how time effects me?

Pssh, only personal, kid. You can basically shapeshift into yourself at diffent ages, though.

Can I shapeshift into a skeleton and spook the living day lights out of someone?

> Green+Black gg no re.

> tfw you suggest a CYOA where you get to be a Dark Souls boss.
> All you want is to get to choose the type of boss soul you have because they look sick as hell.
> The CYOA is finished and good, but doesn't include that as a choice.
> Days later suggest a silly concept that would be perfect for creating such things in a different context.
> Other user replies to the finished product of that hard-working user with a boss soul.

Yes, as long as you're okay with immediately dying.
Hell of a scare, though.
>Hey, user, what are you up to?
>Oh I'm just OH MY GOD THE LIFEVORE FOUND ME
>proceed to age into skeleton over 3 seconds.
kek

Jesus, that sounds beautiful.

>dark souls boss
Dude, I got to stretch my writefaggotry muscles because From Software makes the best lore.

I wish for there to be a Bloodborne one too, but I just want you to know I was happy to contribute to that particular CYAO.

(DLC boss souls a best.)

8 points
Purpose
>Actor
Skills
>Martial Arts
>Nature -2
Monsters
>Mothman
>Holstaurus -3
Perks
>Alien Tech
>Groundhog Watch -1
>Reconstruct Face -1
>I have you now my pretty -1

The good ol people wander in and get lost then turned into mindslaves trap. Also they are all hot to increase ratings.

Again, didn't write it. I just suggested it. Thank the author when he shows up.

Burnt Ivory King was best girl.

>tfw still need to beat any of the DLC bosses.
>tfw you're this scrub

Which DLC boss?

White+Red
I'm on fire, nothing else to say about it. Finally, I'll never have to carry a lighter or matches again. Might make cooking easier too. Hope I don't accidentally toggle it in my sleep though.

I'm sure the laws of thermodynamics are in to consent. No accidental house burning from being on fucking fire here.

posting related SMBC

ravnica plz

Burnt and the Adventuring Trio.

Burnt was rather easy, but the trio easily ganged up.

I want you to make it :D!

Black and Green.

Time to destroy some forests for the purpose of cosplay! youtu.be/sDlVOGOGhCQ

But will I ever "accidentally" burn my clothes off?

I AM REPOSTING A THING.

I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR YOU

CYOA THIS THING...
platinumgod.co.uk/afterbirth
(I find that it's easy to build an RPG from a CYOA than it is to build it "cold")

Blue+White

An ok power I guess.

Your super power is literally relative peace of mind.

Granted, but in a world where 10% can drain your life just by touching you, that's a pretty good power.

who is this violent gentleman?

that's SUSAN. The best Blazblue of all!

His theme makes no sense, and is the most all over the place chaotic bullshit, but it becomes your favorite song on the soundtrack if you listen to it too often! youtu.be/Af6JRDhNBiw

Question for you all, does anyone have a RWBY CYOA that ISN'T related to the attached image?
I could swear I remember seeing one that had a 'be a grimm' option, but this and the jumpchain (which also doesn't have it) is all I can find. It had some neat perks, like being able to be a pack of grimm with a hive-mind too.

I have never heard of that which you speak of. However, I remember an user deciding some threads back to make a new one AND WE STILL HAVE NO FUCKING WORD ON IT.

What kind of fruity ass name is susan

Anyone got that one supersoldier CYOA?

Really want to know? It's pretty spoilerific. It's actually Susano'o, the Japanese god of storms, and destruction in that world.

thanks man
it gave me an excuse to research DS lore, which turned out to be a pretty interesting experience

Now I am sad that you'll never play the games blind. Or maybe you only know enough to make everything make sense? Maybe you're not too spoiled on the actual events? All I know is that playing the first game blind was one of the greatest decisions I had ever made.

Any chance of extreme manifestations of individual flames with double-over selections later?

Blue+Green for now. Shift and shuffle things anytime it gets too old to kinda match Black+Blue, but maintain a changing face over the years and probably still have an experation date.

Plus I can make nifty critters in my spare time or as a profession for folks. Maybe change my name to some anagram of Shou Tucker to mess with people.

I played the game blind, but I didn't really get it until I looked at some lore videos for this CYOA.

>Black+Blue
>choose how time effects you

Kek, it's the Kiritsugu/Sakuya fire

Or how about go fuck yourself?

Shit's good, man.

I recall having seen the expansion specifically for criminal underworld types in that setting, but that's about it so far.

Do you guys have the DS CYOA?

well, I made it, so yeah
here you go user

Oh fuck. Forgot about that, but was it ever finished? Pretty sure it was a WiP.

>that episode of /cyaog/ when some user developed a delusion that all the authors in the thread are his personal army that will make all of his requests into cyoas on demand

Thanks mate.

I blame it on the recent openness to suggestion of authors that wanted some ideas and came through.

So I realize I haven't actually made a freeform fantasy adventure CYOA since probably Great War of Ordion.

What are other things should I add to backstory? I've been thinking of skills locked to certain backgrounds (Thieving would require Slums, Smithing requires Peasants or Tribesmen). I've also been thinking of adding curses and drawbacks, but I'm not certain how similar to Titanlands that would make it. One curse I had an idea of was similar to Guts' brand, where evil spirits attack you each night.

I think they finished it up. Wasn't a Lot of content but a nice mix of options and ideas that fit into the setting.

user, if the CYOA was great then making one with a similar feel isn't a bad thing. CYOAs like these are relatively rare nowadays, and you make them well.

Mind posting Great War of Ordion?

It's been a while since I've been in one of these threads and I probably haven't seen it.

is this the latest/final version of this one?

how would you even make that?

I kind of think a tBoI CYOA would be kind of neat and if it leads to a setting or module I'd play it...

It's honestly pretty poor for a CYOA, I made it so long ago I can only recall two things:

People kept bitching about Kitsune and Sirens.
The skills were pretty imbalanced (time control and intimidation cost the same number of points).

Why not just intimidate time to do what you want?

Well I guess I technically didn't say you couldn't intimidate time...

>it is i, Hock Uterus!

Ah, I see what you mean. I'll still probably read through it though.

>You're a half-breed. Sirens, golems, and skeletons cannot be one of the halves.
But user i'm already half skeleton

Skywraths are now one of my favorite races.

Also, the fact that Skeletons are a race means you can shut the fuck up about what you made not being good.

I guess that's kinda less fruity

After the major update, a few changes.
I think this is up to be the final version. Just run that as a test.

Update:
>Main description of the experiment change.
>Replaced some bonus values.
>Changed uncomfortable yellow color of Side Rooms to orange.
>Added Bonus for spending more time in the basement (not as effective as cutting the money.)
>Air Conditioning replaced by Heat/AC.
>Workshop's cost reduced by 1.
>Internet's description changed. It doesn't allow piracy.

Wait, how does Exemplar work with Elves?

Do you become a Dark Wood High Elf?

I prefer calling the God of Destruction SUSAN.
Witness the power of SUSAN. youtu.be/cPRaAabuOPg

Also, the voice acting from 4:41-4:54 is fucking great.

>FACTION: Order of Stoneshill
>RACE: Golem
>ABILITY: Stoneskin
>STATS: STR 10 (7), AGI 3, CON 10 (4), LUK 4 (1), INT 6, WIS 6, CHA 6 (0)

I was not born. I was made.

>SKILLS: Attrition, Sword and Board, Heavy Armor, Block/Parry, Charge

Made to fight.

>1-handed melee weapon [axe] (45)
>Everlasting Whetstone (42)
>Plate (27)
>Gauntlets (22)
>Shield (15)
>Helmet (8)
>Nice Boots (3)
>Multi-Tool (0)

>COMPANIONS: Pandora Mica, Bony Tony, Lady Snaketress

>BOON: Trajan's Weapon

>QUESTS: Ironfort's Defence (Maria Zidane, Wanderer's Cloak+Linken's Sphere)

black+blue

Then make it, fucknugget
It's pure fucking entitled cancer

>it's pure fucking entitled cancer
yeah, pretty much. sure, we might make a game you suggest, but only if we've asked first, and even then there's no guarantee

What the hell is this

I blame it on you bastards being too nice and delivering enjoyable content.

Well, you know what, asshole?
We're going to keep doing it, and there's NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP US.

Yeah that guy was fucking annoying how he went about it, but there really is zero problem with throwing ideas out there. It's just a culture thing (and apparently you hate it).

Fuck I think I accidentally saved over the file with a maximum over compressed one. Goddammit.

You become a hybrid of all three.

Fucking DAMMIT. They just KEEP going, they just don't STOP. How DARE you brighten my days, you damn ANIMALS!

>Healthy Food (40 Points)
>Alone (38 Points)
>Heat/AC (35 Points)
>Desktop (25 Points)
>Indoor Pool (19 Points)
>Skylight (18 Points)
>Internet (8 Points)
>Medical Care (6 Points)
>Library (2 Points)

I have no idea what to spend those last 2 points on.

Being alone for 10 years with a desktop, games, Internet, books, good food and a pool is pretty much a dream come true. The $10 Million I get at the end is just icing on the cake.

I'm becoming rather slow in recognizing when someone's just having a friendly laugh, and when they're legitimately a cantankerous asshole picking fights for no reason. Maybe I'm getting old.

I apologize for any misconceptions?

If you take the Yellow Mask, are you immune to the Yellow King?

No, I eventually figured out that you guys are just having fun. But earlier today I felt like some people were very hostile, making a big show of how uncaring and even cruel they could be. Maybe it's a timezone thing, or a weekend thing. I don't know. I know none of us wants a hugbox but I don't really see a reason why someone should need to shit their shitty emotions directly at another person in a public place, virtual or not.

>there really is zero problems with catering to entitled assholes

Anyone got a backup of this one?

>Wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg

> you can burn shit.
> You can be the least likely option to get lynched by your neighbors.
> You can feel safe for you and those close to you in a world of terrible things happening just outside of your vision.
> You can become a social pariah feared by all for possessing such an "evil" power.
> You can become the creator of countless sports scandals or lose your sanity in rage.
> You become socially ostracized for having the arguably most reprehensible power. You will never have a meaningful relationship, as everyone who comes to like you will become disgusted and think that you're date-raping them. If someone does like you, then people will think you're date-raping them.
> You become hated by the government by pure virtue of costing a lot if you can't control it.
> You can SCIENCE.
> You also become feared, but no one will say shit to your face.
> You can watch the sun die.

Nevermind, found it on Funnyjunk.

>found it on funnyjunk
Dark times, indeed.

Thieving bastards yes, but they keep records, lad. All o' them CYOAs, so easy to find.

You wrote "You MUST choose at least 1 option from each row", but you kept the required signs next to a few categories

Human

brawn 5
alacrity 8
personality 6
sagacity 9

Traveller

Just looking at it, as if I were doing a normal CYOA, one of the first things that stood out at me is that the races should have more specific perks. If not things that provide stat points, then something at least more tangible than, "large well of p/m energy" as that doesn't really provide any real information. Int he Ningyo you see a similar issue,it says underwater your attributes are magnified, but it doesn't say by how much.

Backstories?

Thieving? Yes. Maybe student or scholar, potentially an apprentice being groomed as a monk or some such. Things that fit the eastern setting.

Drawbacks are fine as long as they find a line between being too useful/easy to take and so punishing that none feel worth taking.

We also keep records:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bwl-aJm3wG4nN2w1TGJCSVlQZ2M?usp=sharing

I've been here for over a decade, and while there were always human waste making themselves felt there was generally some sort of consensus and understanding that they were being exactly that.

I get the sinking feeling that this is the new normal, and maybe they are right and the dominant culture I knew here is being replaced by another one entirely.

Don't matter who's copy of the book you read, only that shit gets read.

I suppose a non-magical staff would qualify as a two-handed melee weapon, correct?

Indeed. One must wonder who it is that takes these CYOAs. Are they natives of that wretched land, pouncing upon OC like a wolf upon a wounded deer? Or, a far more distressing thought- were they once Anons like ourselves, tempted to the side of corruption?

>mfw all those CYOAS

user, be careful of picking up strange books.
You may not like what you find. See and .

Unless you can wield it with 1 hand