ChapterMaster General

Lo brothers it has been many a lunar cycles since we gathered to share the exploits of our chapters among the stars. I'm rolling up a chapter as we speak, using the heresy mod. What legion should OP make, and how should he handle his sector?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mtu20Ejv3SI
mega.nz/
mega.nz/#!cIhmCTTD!UE8eYzRga1QhzOqL_GGYVewGdsfHMhapKsqTiXFVzMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, I shall post screens so Veeky Forums may help police the sector as they will.

So I would prefer to play an already created legion, just wondering which one Veeky Forums favors most. BEHOLD CHARACTER CREATION

Bump so we can get some people in this thread

>which one Veeky Forums favors most.
Ultras, obviously.

Ughhhh ultras are so boring in CM, especially as a legion

You should make loyalist IW, and purge all so if heretics come through they will not have enough men to recruit to win. Also mass whirlwind and terminators with cyclone missile launchers

This is not a bad idea. Loyalist IW's it is.

OP has to do some morning work around the house, but he shall return to this thread with screencaps. Keep it up!

Adding to this, I'll have the IW annex all the planets available in the system, including forgeworlds. That will greatly anger the inquisitor ECT. But fuck that guy. Perturabo deserves his own 500 worlds

Annex? As in make recruiting worlds?

heresy mod? where?

Annex as in assassinating the imperial governors and capturing the planet, I'll make fortress worlds everywhere.
It allows you to make MK3 armor, Terminator armor, MK4, and a few other things. You would normally only get them if you took the crafters perk.

Op has returned and is going through character creation right now to make the Iron Warriors Legion. Screenshots soon

It took me a while to set everything up and it was ages ago, but I could probably upload my folder straight to mega or something and it would run fine.

So here we have the legion as I could best represent them.
Paragon to represent that Perturabo is Primarch level.
Siege Masters, Bolter Drilling, are self explanatory.

Kings of space to round out the knack for void warfare.

Psyker Intolerant, Shitty luck, self explanatory.
Sieged represents the decimation, reducing marine numbers. And of course tech heresy.

Moving on to chapter organization!

Flagship and recruitment information.

Think I managed to get the colors close enough, and a few of the unit names, things are shaping up.

Basically free of mutation, disposition towards the rest of the sector.

And finally perturabo himself. Time to take over the sector.

>Master of the Fleet Kyr Vahlen
OP, you have no idea what you're getting into.

I don't understand this one, I thought they were Sworn brothers with the Mechanicum
>Honourable Soulaka
Damn
Kyr's theme!
youtube.com/watch?v=mtu20Ejv3SI
Hatred (those fucking backstabbing Alpha snakes REEEEEEEEEEEE)

Thanks for the music.

Now gentlemen, we have the sector at hand. The small blue blip denotes the iron warriors home fleet. In the north-west of the sector there are two tau planets, and two tau fleets. A very worthy foe.

All of the green planets you see are Ork held.

What shall the Iron Warriors do? Head straight for the Tau held area of the sector, or purge their way through the Greenskin core worlds?

As Veeky Forums decides. I will outfit the troops, and requisition ships and equipment.

Do so please

And this is the current legion disposition. What should we focus on training first? Raw Recruits? or more vehicles?

>All of the green planets you see are Ork held.
user, take them down now. All of them or else this.

>We must attack the orks. Remember our older battles, how I was right then. I am right now.

Let me post some clearer pictures on just how dead that one user was.

That's probably a misstep on my end, I wanted something that represents perturabos technical expertise. But I couldn't fit another advantage in to make them mechanicum brothers.
Oh I have a good idea.
Give me one second to figure out megaupload and I'll post a link.

Remember that Orks are the most dangerous thing in this game. Black Crusades come second, and the fabled Hive Fleet is probably somewhere in between those two.

How about some artillery or tanks?

Then it's settled. We will trounce the greenskins and remove them from the sector. Give OP a moment to get this uploaded, and another moment to get all the needed currency and gear made.

Can do, we'll get more vehicles for each company and then move to recruitment.

You better remove Orks. Not even the Sub-Atomic Guardsmen could save your hide completely if you fail.

Veeky Forums where should I upload this file???

So here we have our armor. I was thinking assault marines in MK.3, Tacs in Mk.4, Devastators in Mk.6. Veterans in Artificer armor. Terminator suits are for my iron circle stand-ins and perty himself.

I need to ask something.
What does the "Heresy?" button in the options do? I pressed it and nothing happened.

Seeing this would make any Magos squeal in delight.

Allows you to recruit past the soft cap of 1000 or something like that. But seriously, wheres a filehosting site I can just drag this folder too? or I could email it if any user is willing to drop their email. Just throw all the files in a folder.

Can't be, new to the thread, but I've recruited past that without resorting to Heresy. Inquisition dipped my loyalty a bit on an inspection, but that was it.

It is tedious going, getting all the different marines geared up. But I am almost finished... look who I found

Then I am honestly not sure, I usually just use it as a on/off switch for being a heretic.

Watch that standard bearer. Don't let him become a preacher marine.

How'd you boost everyone's XP like that?

"Eberus" Erebus's goofy but lovable battle-brother.
I didn't the marines in later company's are always available to be promoted.

Not in my games. Now some of it might be because I picked idfferently, or I'm playing a different version, but like here in the pic; you can't be promoted until you hit 60xp, and I'm not sure why your guys all have that.

It's possible it's from sieged, or it might be the Heresy mod that I'm using. Are you using heresy mod?

We've finished outfitting all companies.
The only thing left to do is wait for the rest of the fleet to arrive from the forgeworlds, and then we strike at the green skins.

Added landraiders and predator detachments to each company.

Tacs: Mk4 and Stormbolters+Chainswords.
Assault Marines: Power axe+stormshield+Iron halo Mk3
Devastators: A good mix of all heavy weapons, one whole company with flame weapons as well for the green skin menace.
Veterans: Artificer armor+powerfists+stormshields.

Once we've loaded into orbit, we'll get to purging.

Nope. What does it do?

It allows you to build preds/landraiders/dreads. Most of the weapons, and all of the armor except for tartaros. Maybe it's also what's given me a xp boost. Also I believe it updates the sprites, they certainly look different.

Looking through the heresy mod info, it wouldn't have boosted my xp. So I'm really not sure why it's boosted.

All of the marines are loaded into the greenskin purgation fleet. I've sent a similiar, unmanned fleet towards the smaller green skin infestation. Hoping to simply burn them off of whatever worlds they infest. Lets see if we can't find the greenskin warboss!

Lets see how our fleet handles the orks in orbit

Question, in the base game with the 40k mod, how often do craftworlds come out?

The ork fleet was annihilated, boards and battle barges. A heady combination.

Very rare, it's an incredibly small chance. And the fleet that surrounds them will destroy you handily, unless you greatly outnumber them. Ships and boarders recommended.

Lets see what happens when we commit the entire legion to war with extreme level orks

Did they ever let you start capturing enemy ships? Or does boarding still, at best, do some damage?

Also, does it give XP for the marines doing the boarding?

The Ork's didn't even manage to fire a shot. The armored gun-line wiping them out entirely.

It gives xp to the boarders. Sadly it never made it that far, atleast not in the version I'm playing. I didn't keep up with whoever picked up the project. It does a ton of damage though, It's what I use my scouts for.

so I consulted with the venerable ripley

BROTHER APOTHECARY TOBY

Truly it is the only way to be sure brother.

Post your chapter masters!

H-how do you know he's a heretic Brother?

And Perturabo has made an absolute mistake. This is going to suck

That is going to hurt, a lot

welp, time to reload

"According the inbuilt auspex.... the STC fragment is down here...."

"My lord are you sure it's wise to travel down here... alone?"

Uhoh....Veeky Forums... do I use it... or do I give it to those goodie two shoes inquisitors?

This is why you send the entire 1st company.

Decimate it!

give to =I= for brownie points

but.... but....

very well. FOR THE IMPERIUM

This time the entire first company descends... to find.. TRAITORS

>game was completely dropped by Duke for no good reason with silly copyright nonsense as justification
Still hurts desu

Show them this. They will explode.

It does hurt, from what I did follow of the bay12 thread where people began to pick it up, it either was only ever iterated on slightly. Or, one of the guys who picked it up was butthurt that it would have to be warhammer or no one would pay it anymind.

They all burst into flame comrade

If I ever come into a hefty sum of money, I'd consider just throwing it at duke, to finish a single version of the game. Then distribute it for free.

Only one sector of space remains to be purged Brothers. The Tau and the Greenskin cower in the galactic north. We go now to clear the sector.

wait, is that Tau in the Heresy Mod? As in, 30k?

More heretical artifacts! Does Perturabo wear the chaos armor?

Yes, the heresy mod just allows you better access to legion equipment, and different sprites.

How does one get a hold of this interesting collection of code?

if someone would point me to a site that will allow me to drop a small file folder in for hosting I could supply it. or drop your email

Send it to the INQ.

Wouldn't megaupload work?

Apparently mega doesn't exist. Point me to a link, and I will provide.done and done

mega.nz/

Yeah, it's dead as fuck over there and meanwhile Duke is working on a dumb monstergirl princess game.

So the sector is clear... for now

Now make a secret base and cheese out geneseed.

does anyone have any issues with blowing up necron tombs in the game? I'm not playing heresy mod, but everytime the inquisition tells me to go and bomb a tomb, I send my guys to the planet, and the notice card keeps asking me every turn if i'm ready to start until the necrons wake up.

isn't that really the first order of business?

Alright here's a mega of my folder. just unzip it and run interstellar army simulator. Should be all good to go, heresy included
mega.nz/#!cIhmCTTD!UE8eYzRga1QhzOqL_GGYVewGdsfHMhapKsqTiXFVzMo
This is an excellent plan.
The real first order of business is punching dorn in his stupid face

Have you checked it for Genestealer cults? They might be hiding on some worlds. Look for Tyranid presence: heavy and below.

thanks m8

Sometimes it's buggy, it's been a while since I've taken out a tomb.

also, pic related. Guess the sector isn't ready for geneseed farming yet

Just hope it works right user!