The Horus Heresy General /HHG/

Rolled 2 (1d18)

Salty & Tough edition
World War Rome sub-edition
No time for thread summary!
Old thread >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
discord.gg/wYS2J6b
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

www20.zippyshare.com/v/37UoG4KF/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Dorn.

>can I too have a bike, father?
>no. you are too fat.
>you hurt me, father
>good
I wish they'd drop all the stupid sideplots and just stick with emps giving the bantz.

>I too wish to go fast
I cri errytiem.

So continuing from last thread Ultras or IW?

Hows your painting skills? IW are easymode

We can tell (You) many things, user. Why don't you tell us what do you like in each of them?

Going to vote for IW just to annoy the anons who claim we have too many IW players in this thread, even though the only IW models you ever see posted are Dantioch's.

What? Who did you think I was going to say?

Not bad but not great either I can paint good Tabletop standard but thats about it
I like the determination and the win at all costs mentality of the IW (as well as the artillery) but the UM have a really cool Roman aesthetic and they seem like they can use just about any unit

B-but user, there are too many IWs. I don't like that, (You) gotta make me feel comfortable!

no, NOT AGAIN

White Scars.

Why don't (You) make some test models? I mean their LA aren't thaaaat different. UMs test Fear and Regroup on Ld10, IWs don't test for ranged morale. UMs sort of need multiple small units, depend a bit more on their HQs and use combined arms but not mechanized armies and their RoW isn't that good, but their legion specifics are, while IWs can do blobs, mechanized and spam artillery, good RoWs, good specifics...
Ok, maybe they aren't that alike, but the thing is Rome was second to none on the siege thing as well, and if you want glorious aesthetics beyond fearless pioneers, deviously efficient artillerists and ruthless infantry then the UMs are a good choice to consider.
I mean, armoured combat engineers became Arditi, which could be represented by despoiler IWs, but then they're also italian, who are descendants of Rome. Sort of. So they're kinda UM too.
So they're...Silver skulls? Dammit I'm confused too.

what is more important to you guys when picking a new addition to your force?

a) How fluffy it is
b) How good it is on the table
c) How much you like the model

Bit of all 3.

I choose mostly for fluff, but I don't want to dump shit tonnes of money into something I can't really use

The model is the most important bit, followed equally by fluff and crunch. I have a Leviathan painted in edgelord colours and a Malcador is planned for christmas if i can afford it. The Leviathan was something i knew i had to have as soon as it was being showcased, and a cranky dread ripping and tearing through an enemies exposed flanks is properly murderously NL. The Malcador's a lot less fluffy, not outright fluff rape like mkVII but not favoured amongst my legion, however ww2 french tanks are also sex. Maybe i'll buy a second and do a mechanised Pride list at a weekender just to fuck with people building towards my usual cookiecutter Terror Assault

It's that time again.
What would you put in a stormlord.

Did Alpharius pull astrings to get Drumpf elected?

But...victory

Model probably tops it, given that this isn't exactly a cheap hobby. Then fluff, then tabletop quality, although stuff that's too rubbish won't get picked just for fluff.

Thirty Velatarii, all with medics, and a single unit of Charonites with a Lord Marshal. Everything else in my army is Leman Russes and Malcadors.

Damnit now i have to go actually write that list i've been thinking of all week

145-Marshal, Displacer, Paragon Blade, Power Fist, Digital Lasers
55-Tank Commander (Stormlord, PE:Infantry)
55-Tank Commander (Valdor, Tank Hunters)

60-3xMedics
165-Household regiment, Power Axes

115-Velatarii
115-Velatarii

200-Thunderbolt

320-Malcador-Demolisher Cannon, Siege Armour, Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite
320-Malcador-Demolisher Cannon, Siege Armour, Flare Shield, Armoured Ceramite
320-Valdor, Armoured Ceramite

615-Stormlord-quad sponsons, AC

The Ogryn are shit, as ogryn always are, so its just firemen instead

This must be one of those Superheavy companies said to operate in the Great Crusade

Legio cybernetica

Hq:
Magos, machinator, abeyant, Melta bombs 130pts
Magos, machinator, abeyant 125pts

Troops:
5 castellax with targetters and darkfire 700pts
5 castellax with targetters and darkfire 700pts
9 thallax, 3 multilasers 390pts
9 thallax, 3 multilasers 390pts

Fast:
3 vorax with rad rounds 225pts
1 avenger with missile launchers 170pts
1 avenger with missile launchers 170pts

3000pts

Never played 30k, how do people think this would go?

A) Magos must buy a space PHD
B) Why are you playing Cybernetica without cyperthurgy?

The ones that are more fun to paint.

I think he's using Magos Dominus?
There's presumtious, then obnoxius, then him

Dorn and Perturabo worst Primarchs

Dorn
>constant look of chronic constipation
>weird homosexual attachment to daddy
>weird homosexual masochism
>Legionaries have weird homosexual fixation on him

Perturabo
>fat
>like seriously, a real fucking chubster
>like, look at his face
>legion idolized by Veeky Forums through stale, unfunny memes and Veeky Forums's gay love of all things industrial because FUCK NATURE FUCK ELVES HFY MIRITE
>no I mean seriously look at those fat fucking cheeks
>beep boop was never funny, IW memes make me cringe

Thats what i was intending, its a pity theres not a special force org that can be used to bring multiple baneblades, what with their fluff showing they were usually fielded in companies. You can do Leviathan, but i'd rather have some method outside of Leviathan and its restrictions, which is obviously based around reaver/warlord Titans or Ordinators rather than tanks.

user, be an adult, stop trying to shitpost. Let people enjoy whatever the fuck they want. You're part of the reason why stale memes exist in the first place.
Live and let live, it's not complicated.

You fool! Do you have any idea what you did?! Forget the Ironfire Riders' feelings, you really had to start X Primarch is X debacle?

>I don't like IW memes but I can't generate my own, plus I suck elf dick and I don't understand either trenches or Dorn's zeal: The Post
This is me, falling for your obvious bait as if it was the Iron Cage. Also, fuck elves.

>generating memes is a good thing
>h-he didn't like beep boop...
>look at those pussies hiking, what crunchy granola fags, DAE STEM PROGRAMS? XD
>iunno man, whenever Dorn gets all sweaty wearing the pain glove it's kind of hot...

It's like you don't even Onslaught or War Machine detachment, from the Age of Darkness book available to any 30k army.

muh dick

>war machine
You mean Leviathan
>Onslaught
Two Baneblades is not a company, and only two HQ slots mean i can't even give them commanders

Seldom do I see IF stuff other than what Unification and I post.

Oh man, I totally want to run Salamanders using this Force org, try to represent a Salamanders "totally not Destroyers you guys" Pyroclast Contingent.

And what do you know, the Dorn reaction faces shopped into the screenshot show expressions of EXTREME FUCKING CONSTIPATION

>You mean Leviathan
No, I didn't, but I'm not sure about FOCs that have extra LoW slots. As in, does the 25%pts restriction still apply? I think not.
And a War Machine Detachment allows you to bring 2 Superheavies as a single choice. That's 100% more LoW per LoW.
But without using anythiing heavier than a Typhon, I'm afraid.

What about teh Covenant of Fire? Troop Pyroclasts ;^)
Don't berate Dorn because of his face, user, he was born with that thing! He has five settings only: Regular, Turbo, Constipatus, Pain gLoving and Smuggu. More than what (You) need for Imperial life.

1 Scorpius or 2 Whirlwinds?

Leviathan allows you to take extra LOW but you'll be lacking in everything else. Thats not a problem when you've got a fucking Warlord or Reaver thats covered in ten million guns and carries the power of an entire army already, but its a bit difficult when you're a Baneblade. Leviathan does lack the 25% rule, however. Baneblades are all 9HP+, so Engines of Destruction, so War Machine has nothing to do with fielding multiple baneblades, hence my confusion. Honestly i think Titans need a price bump, or at least Warhounds, since for less than a hundred points more than a kitted baneblade you can take four turbo-lasers/plasma destroyers which is obscenely better. There needs to be some form of mid-point between lighter superheavies like Knights and Malcadors and the genuine titans like the Ordinators and Battle titans.

The Macrocarid Explorator is out now.

Whirlwhinds are mediocre in 3+ heresyland, Scorpius are only really good if you lack anti-blob, and theres many better (for points) ways to clear blobs.

Is it good?

crossposting for Horus Heresy Chapter Master

It's a build your own Land Raider kit, it's great.

It's a Build-your-own-Landraider kit with more exotic weapon options.
I really like that the kit includes several of the weapon options.

Heh, you're right
>650pts for 12HP AC Glaive with 48" S8 AP2 Haywire Beam that hits superheavies 1+D3 times
>Add 50pts to that
>Ordinatus Sagittar with 14HP, AC, starts the game at AV 17/16/13 until it becomes 15/14/13 (does affect incoming D hits), has a 10" D-blast gun
>Add 50pts to that
>4-D Large blasts on a Warhound, immune to Haywire, 9HP + 2 Voidshields

But where do you download the Heresy mod? Or is it included in the 40k one?

>660 points for a BS3 baneblade with woo, four non-twin-linked lascannons, a few heavy bolters, a demolisher and a s9 baneblade cannon

To keep with the wargear and Rite theme the DAngels have going for them, i present a Firewing focused on flames and choom that i'm drunkenly writing for kicks

Flush them Out-All tree and vegetation-based cover has -2 to their Cover Save. This can remove any cover save offered by the vegetation despite being models being obscured. If a unit lacks Move through Cover and moves through cover affected by this rule, it takes one s3 ap5 hit per model in contact with the trees.
Terran Arsenal-All infantry squads can replace their bolters with Volkite Chargers at +5 PPM and Veterans, Destroyers and Assault Marines can replace bolt pistols with Hand Flamers at +5 PPM. Characters can replace bolt pistols with Inferno Pistols for 10 PPM
Wrathful Descent-All Veterans and any support squads wielding Meltaguns, Volkite Chargers and Calivers or Flamers can take a Dreadclaw dedicated transport
Cowards Burn-Rather than sweeping advance, any fleeing enemy is instead overwatched at BS2, and Wall of Death is in effect.

Restrictions
Scorch the Ground-At least two Tactical or Heavy Support squads wielding Volkite, Meltas or Flamers of any description must be taken as an additional compulsory troop, and can be taken as additional troops
Receding Firestorm-All infantry must be embarked in a transport at the start of the game
Flaming Pride-Challenges must be made or accepted. If an independent character is present in a unit, they must issue or accept the challenge before any other Character.
Purging Wave-This rite cannot be taken missions where this side is the defender

Here's my first attempt at a Raven Guard list: feedback would be great
--- Raven Guard - 2500pts ---
- Decapitation Strike -
>HQ
Chaplain: Artificer, Jump pack, Melta Bombs - 120

>Troops
10x Legion Tactical Squad, Artificer - 135

>Elites
5x Mor Deythan: 5x Snipers, Artificer - 170
10x Vet Tactical Squad: 2x ML w/Flakk, Artificer - 180
10x Vet Tactical Squad: 2x ML w/Flakk, Artificer - 180

>Fast Attack
9x Dark Fury: Melta Bombs - 300
8x Seekers: 8x Combi-Plas, Artificer, Melta Bombs - 300

>Heavy Support
Deredeo: Aiolos ML - 220

>Dedicated Transports
Rhino: MM - 50
Rhino: MM - 50
Proteus: TL Las - 210

>Lord of War
Corax - 450
2500/2500pts

Which Primarchs do you think actually had sex?

Your prices for Vets are all fucked up, you need to buy missile launchers then upgrade them to take flakk, so they'd be 230 each

Its generally easiest to put the dedicated transports with the unit they're transporting, so we can get that figured.

I would suggest increasing the Mor Deythan, as they're a unit tat gets deadlier the more points you sink into it. 30k in general is very much a boys before toys environment when dealing with infantry.

Overall, not a bad start. Corax is good since with his invisible thing he doesnt need an entourage, soyou've managed to avoid the common noob trap of the 1100+ point spartan deathstar

>death guard special rite of war reduces forests' cover by -1, 50% of the time
>suggestion: every forest on the table gets -2 cover, 100% of the time
Will you stupid faggots please read other legion's rules to get an idea of the typical powerlevel before making your idiotic suggestions?

>Different Rites of War aren't allowed to have different perks
Plus DA rites are stronger by necessity to compensate for having the worst LA rule hands down.

>10x Vet Tactical Squad: 2x ML w/Flakk, Artificer - 180
that's 230 in my book

>death guard get shrouded all the time in that one
>death guard get buffed frag
>death guard get decent LA
>death guard get characters and special units

>must take four troops
>must be in a vehicle
>must accept challenges with your shitty generic characters

The whole point of the DA Hexagrammaton is good Rites and nothing much else, all this gives is new wargear and burns away forest-based cover, while giving a pile more restrictions, as well as a variant of the mediocre stand and shoot thing the Immortals can do.

Sorry about that. Here's a "fixed" list
--- Raven Guard - 2500pts ---
- Decapitation Strike -
>HQ
Chaplain: Artificer, Jump pack, Melta Bombs - 120

>Troops
[Rhino: MM - 50]

>Elites
8x Mor Deythan: 8x Snipers, Artificer - 245
5x Vet Tactical Squad: ML w/Flakk, Artificer - 145
5x Vet Tactical Squad: ML w/Flakk, Artificer - 145

>Fast Attack
9x Dark Fury: Melta Bombs - 300
8x Seekers: 8x Combi-Plas, Artificer - 295
[Proteus: TL Las - 210]

>Heavy Support

>Lord of War
Corax - 450
2500/2500pts

Fulgrim did. I know this for a fact.

Thank you
Forest burning is taken. Even though that's what the Lion does in that novel. And it counters NL shenanigans...
Dammit you're totally going to get the forest burning rite along with the Destroyer rite, aren't you. Fucking Illuminati.

Flakk missiles are pretty terrible anyway, bring a plane of your own, fluffy, cooler looking and better.

He's one sexy bastard. So perfect. No wonder he get laid.

Uploaded Mechanicum Taghmata Army List in epub.
Can someone convert it to pdf and post link here?
www20.zippyshare.com/v/37UoG4KF/file.html

For Fulgrim it isn't sex if you don't rend your partner and snort its remains mixed with crak-o-dril at the end.

Srry user, but I can't delay breakfast any more. I've been memeing since 5 am :)

preferred enemy:trees is about as Dark Angel as you can get
I figured it was a pretty good representation of what happens when a bunch of pyros burn down your trees, rather than the whole bombardment and mists thing the Death Guard do. Its also a tactic they did use

I'm going to Move Through Cover and phosphex your face off.

And in return, the First is gonna CHOOM you and flame you when you break, because back in my day, we didnt have fancy bolters or AP2 weaponry or legion buffs

Actually, the 1st legion likely had the least amount of Volkite out of all the legions, due to Mars' distrust of them, meaning they had the smallest Mechanicum fleet out of all the legions, as well as having been outfitted with Terran bolters from the Terawatt clans prior.

If anything, the IVth had the greatest amount due to them stockpiling on literally everything.

>Forest burning is taken.
Because that's a totally unique concept.

If there where solid HH rules for Battle fleet Gothic, would you play it?

I'm talking about both sides having access to the same kit, customized battle barges, no filthy xenos, and correct-for-the-period ships and weaponry.

Good. I doubt the UMs burn forests, no matter how Roman they are. Only DA and DG did that.
Or hand out the deforestation RoW to all legions.

I'd be interested but even though I'm far from skint, there's only so much money I'm willing to spend on this shit.

>If there where solid HH rules for Battle fleet Gothic, would you play it?
No, but I would still shitpos about it in the general :^)

You're a shit post.

>Plus DA rites are stronger by necessity to compensate for having the worst LA rule hands down.
that is not true
their LA is strictly better than say death guard or word bearers' one just because it has literally no downsides
i personally think that DA is one of the top tier legions in terms of competitive play along with AL and IH

don't take flakks for the veterans
it's overcosted and inefficient as fuck
if you need AA take it from elsewhere
like mortis boxnaught with AC + HKM

As water is wet, although here has out-shitposted me. I least I read the HH books.

Can someone convert it, when I try it stuck.
Or someone can tell me how to convert files like this to pdf?

This is a much more optimized version of your list, while not being minmaxed WAACfaggotry it avoids the most common pitfalls (small units, flakk missiles, etc). This is not gospel truth, and the list overall lacks a lot of antitank power. You could replace the second dark fury/chaplain with anything else, i just added it to make up points.

>HQ
Chaplain: Artificer, Jump pack - 115
Chaplain: Artificer, Jump pack - 115

>Troops

>Elites
10x Mor Deythan: 10x combiweapons, Artificer - 315
[Pod: 35]
10x Vet Tactical Squad: Artificer - 170 (Marksman tactic)

>Fast Attack
10x Dark Fury: Melta Bombs - 330
10x Dark Fury: Melta Bombs - 330

>Heavy Support

>Lord of War
Corax - 450

The Ordo Reductor will do it better with an entire map treated as open ground, the most modular artillery ever made and with Power of the Machine Spirit, tough jetpack troops with powerful guns, cheap as hell fearless infantry and scoring assault vindicators.

Power Creep, ladies and elegan/tg/entlemen.
(You get cheap plastic box sets, I'm not sorry)

Who had sex:

Fulgrim (obvious)
Sanguinius (had a waifu)
Russ (can't imagine otherwise)
Guilliman (the normallest primarch, probably did it just to have the experience)
The Khan (same reason as girlyman)

Almost certainly hadn't:
Magnus
Lorgar
Perturabo
Curze
Ferrus
Lion (at least when it comes to hetero)
Dorn

wat
>Covenant of Death: If your opponent finishes the game with more units than you they get D3 victory points
am i being baited

that is hardly a downside
if your roster and tactics are good you never let that happen
and even if that happens that means that you would have lost anyway because of an opponent's overwhelming advantage

Most certainly you are, user.

Let's creep together, Reductor-kun! Morturg-Decima style, Bad Cop & Even Worse Cop! Here's hoping the Reductor Magos gets a Power Metal miniature some day.

>get +0.5 WS if using a sword
>top tier

Explain yourself to someone who wants to believe

>tfw want to start up an Ordo Reductor force
>also want to get Blood Bowl
I'm very indecisive today.

>its not a downside
>just build your list around it
>and dont be shit and lose
Its something that can turn a close match into a loss, because your opponent happens to have more units than you at deployment. What happens if you're facing World Eaters/Death Guard/Solar Auxilia/Militia/Daemons? Thats not something that can be dealt with by rostering, especially since both of the Rites you gain most of your advantages from push you to small, elite armies unless you rhinorush Ironwing and avoid the BS5 upgrades for actual tanks, which is the biggest draw for using Ironwing along with Tank Hunter dreads

>tfw you gain 3VP as SA simply because you can outnumber everyone in the game with 360 Troops.

The Church of the Crater calls to (You), Reductor-kun, to uncover the mysteries of shot and shell, to thread the Loop of Erradication.
Also, what is blood bowl?

The trips. The double dubs. It is a sign, man!

I found it in the Chapter Master thread on bay12

Destroy the enemies of the Quest for Knowledge, then use your minis to play Counts As Blood Bowl. Easy.

Aye, I wish they'd added a thing in the Taghmata list that makes DG and OR Sworn Brothers. Failing that, let us take Morturg in the Istvaan Survivors FoC with Decima.
So far when I play with DG friend he brings termies and Morty, I bring Thralls, Thallax and Scoria, and we both bring far too much phospex. It's a bonding/burning experience :)

it is 1 ws and yes that's a good bonus
worse that BA's one but very good
also LA is not what makes DA top tier
it is the combination of LA + ironwing protocol + unique wargear that does

it's the roster to beat in my local club:
praetor jetbike/acid rounds/terranic greatsword/iron halo/digital lasers 205

tactical squad rhino/additional ccw/calibanite warblade/melta bombs 195

cortus dread 2x gravitons guns/havoc launcher 180
contemptor mortis 2x kheres autocannons 180

predator squadron 3x predators/sponson lascannons/squadron command tank 380
sicaran lascannons/dozer blade 210
vindicator squadron 2x vindicators/dozer blades/combi bolters

right now it manages to keep 22/3 win rate during the current campaign
two of it's three losses are mine to brag about
my traitor allies just can't beat it
it's not OP by any means but it's very strong

>360 Troops
that is merely a shitty meme
i haven't seen anyone with at least 120 auxilaries and i'm playing this shit for almost three years