Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

What kind of world do you set your games in?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Kineticists of Porphyra IV: End of an Era playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit
Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1raGvq7PhzuKn5zuTwKLafzOkJTEWbdUjmEFXkV6vpwY/edit#
docs.google.com/document/d/1p4jcyWFRT_NNb10PQFjKmedtGZ-hKc_jfSHUwtPO1Rs/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1rwtD6bOGy9Vbegn_sGC7ZUyDdKq8h72SDiunSUYllUc/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1rwtD6bOGy9Vbegn_sGC7ZUyDdKq8h72SDiunSUYllUc/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how to prepare for underwater combat?

Freedom of movement
Argue with your dm about how swimming works
Argue with your dm about how swimming works when freedom of movement is active

I once did a Monster Hunter campaign.

Every kill you made you could opt to not get XP for it and instead get 1/2 the XP reward as Gold Credit for magic items.

no freedom of movement available

Argue with your DM on how swimming works
Get a high swim speed
Get some way to breathe

That's about it.

Cyclonic arrows if you are an archer.

Yo, post high quality homebrew classes
I'm looking for something new and exciting to play next week
No casters though I just finished playing a Wizard

docs.google.com/document/d/1raGvq7PhzuKn5zuTwKLafzOkJTEWbdUjmEFXkV6vpwY/edit#
Willing to take suggestions on what discipline to add next.

My campaigns are set in whatever sort of worlds make sense. Currently running one post apocalyptic game where ancient magitech allowed mortals to throw off the shackles of the gods... almost. Both sides are still recovering thousands of years later, some parts of the world controlled by a unified church of the heavens who suppress magitech and innately magical races, other parts follow shamanism, worship monsters or just the almighty gold piece.

Other current game is Golarion, but lewd.

>That spoiler

Explain.

What would the best animal companion or familiar (at low levels) be for a trip-based martial character?

>High quality

Well now anyone who does will be by necessity operating under a certain amount of hubris.

Just dont link your own, duh

I would argue that it takes a certain amount of pride to work on homebrew material in the first place, and even more to actually post it on Veeky Forums. Calling it "high quality" is just a small jump compared to that.

Lewd game set on Golarion, party is running around the globe to find allies against an army of sex fiends. Of course, everywhere you go the themes have a lewd twist. Riddleport is full of sexy pirates and pervy criminals, markets in Katapesh accept sexual favors as payment for their wares, though the prettier slaves and CoC grade drugs might reqire a lot of sessions to pay for. Things like that.

I can't imagine how horrible that must be.

Are you all smelly freaks?

That sounds pretty hot, but I can't imagine playing a full campaign in something like that. The occasional big titty sorceress is one thing, lewd festivals and fertility cults another, but a full-on sex world?

Is this the campaign that was recruiting from here way back when?

So if there's a /pfg/ IRC, how do you get into it?

Also what is better Magus Bladebound/Kensai , or Bladebound/Hexcrafter?

The moment you said trip-based is the moment I thought "wolf."

Wolves are perfect for trip builds.

rizon #pfg

docs.google.com/document/d/1p4jcyWFRT_NNb10PQFjKmedtGZ-hKc_jfSHUwtPO1Rs/edit?usp=sharing
Knock yourself out.

Factotum 5, going full 20. 3.5 low-magic homebrew setting.

Feats:
1st: Point Blank Shot
Human: Precise Shot
Flaw 1: Font of Inspiration
Flaw 2: Darkstalker
3rd: Quickdraw
6th: Knowledge Devotion
9th EWP: Hand Xbow
Probably more FOI for the rest of my feats.

Thoughts? Not looking to minmax here, just want to have fun.

>trip-based martial character

The best familiar is ABORT

i mean crossbows suck but sure.

>Not looking to minmax here
The answer is yes.
Whatever it is you're trying to do just do it there's no need to ask permission here.

What kind of chumps are you that you dont cleave your armor from the corpses of your foes?

What would be the best weapon for a supporty healy Chirurgeon alchemist? Crossbows suck, throwing daggers aren't thematic, bows are feat hungry AND not thematic.

IRC game, only met one player irl and he's pretty cute. And I only get sweaty at work from slinging a few tons of materials around each shift. Easily fixed with a shower unless the wife wants to get drunk on the smell

That one, yeah. And it's been a mix of comfy and lewd. Right now attempts to invade a succubus research lab are proving to be the latter.

reach weapon?

Yeah i know crossbows suck but i want a "gunnish" ranged weapon that i can conceal. Cunning Inspiration and Knowledge Devotion will make up for it, as well as Cunning Strike.

I'm not asking permission, i'm asking for advice.

That could work.

Ever play a paladin whose god wasn't LG? What were they like? How did they take that god's teachings and translate them to suit towards being LG?

Paladin of Shelyn
Married the BBEG to help him redeem himself

Hi /pfg/!

I was thinking about getting pict related - rise of the runelords- to okay solo, but is it even a compelling game? I watch some YouTube, but as usual without knowing too much about the system the video was confusing.

Do people play solo to level up characters so they can play with others? There's also 500 cards damn, does it get overwhelming?

I'm looking for fun, quick (30mins - 1hr) games which give me a sense of adventure and progression.

Is this right for me?

Other games I've played that are card based are Space hulk death angel, and I'm about to start the warhammer adventure card game as well.

Thanks Veeky Forumsents

I did a trip-based guy once. He did sliding kicks into people's shins, then punched them twice on the way down. Considering we were level 10 I think he basically had conditional pounce.

What kind of game does pfg generally like playing in terms of setting and campaign style?

Ouch, I totally never forget to post pict...

Uggghh

Why is Lagiacrus the OP image?

Anyone got part 3 of Strange Aeons or Horror Realms/Blood of the Beast?

>GM uses bullshit fake spells/maneuvers constantly
>My character departs due to plot reasons
>Roll up a Fool's Errand/Shattered Mirror character and steal all of the GMs special toys
I just singlehandedly made the "Platinum Devil" discipline cease to exist it seems.
And the enemy "pyromancers" suddenly forgot how to cast "Fiery Determination" and shit and started packing sphere effects instead.
Wonder if he hates me a lot or just a bit.

You see this? This is why /mhg/ is dead.

>What kind of game does pfg generally like playing in terms of setting and campaign style?

>Warning: Plebbish opinions

I absolutely adore settings and campaign styles in the same vein as Dark Souls or Game of Thrones, that sort of gritty feudal-style action with political intrigue between nobility just gets me giddy every time game day comes around! Ooh, this is a subset of what I mentioned, but Crusades are always great, especially when the mass warfare leads into the politics.

I'm just so very *tired* of playing games where there are large expanses of uncharted and poorly populated lands that the PCs conveniently acquire a charter for, I want to be a hedge knight earning his keep in service to a lord, a crusader fighting for gold, god and glory, or even just a sly thuggish asshole that sneaks into noble quarters to steal incriminating documents.

What's your character's training routine? magical or martial.

Stab them with the pointy end, generally!

And why did I never notice the baby in a basket until just now, looks like Valeros has been getting busy.

What fan conversions have you used in your games, /pfg/?

I know there's some kind of syringe spear or something that exists

He keeps a straw dummy in his house that he wails for thirty minutes a day before prepping his maneuvers.

I use a tome of battle conversion called Path of War, there are a few schools of blade magic that do way too much damage, but otherwise it's fairly fun.

>What's your character's training routine?

He doesn't have one, it's kinda why he's lost levels in his martial class.

By campaign start he's working mostly on muscle memory, and for much of the campaign his leveling up is "remembering" the old tricks.

Before dawn she wakes up and does stretches, Then she does about 15 repetitions of her 10 basic Katas. After that warm up she does push ups with a boulder tied to her back with one arm each.

Then she hangs from some monkey bars upside down and transfers water from one bucket on the ground to one on top of the monkey bars using a small cup.

After the bucket is filled a quick run around the town with sprinting intermixed.

Finally she cools down with more stretching, and starts cooking breakfast.

Ya did good user, you did good.
Now, if the GM decides to give you those ANYWAY and actually create them himself, then I'll give props to him for playing along, but for now kudos to you.

+1 on the syringe spear. Also a launcher crossbow, for when you need to chuck your creations a bit further.

Also, of course, either daggers or war scalp... I mean razors :) .

Meditations, a bit of prayer, and what could essentially be considered woodbending (wood oracle with wooden weapons and soon armor mysteries).

Whenever he's sure nobody's around and he's got time to himself, he has his sword tutor him in its own style of swordsmanship and spellcraft. He's kind of suspicious about the fact that all the motions are so much like dancing, but the magic is real, so it has to be legit! His sword wouldn't lie to him!

Bitch you know it!

>usually once a week he'll set aside a day to find a secluded area, preferably an area with lots of trees and rocks.
>meditation
>them some light stretches
>will set up various targets to shoot at with his destructive blasts.
>tests for accuracy and general damage
>meticulously records his results in a journal
>if a large rock is available he'll see how many blasts it takes at "full power" before he can crack it.
>records these results
>after that's done, he'll practice some basic close quarters fighting(he often skips this bit though)
>after that it's time for a bath and for the day to start proper.

Challenging anyone who has a melee weapon to a friendly duel.
Sometimes not so friendly.

>What's your character's training routine?

>Wake up
>Make breakfast, have it in the garden
>Fuss over the daily chores
>Work on commissions
>Procrastinate about writing that letter to his brother
>Nip on over to the Sandpoint market for lunch and gossip
>Take a stroll in the surrounding farmlands, go home after enjoying the country air
>Finish up any commissions
>Head on over to the Rusty Dragon for drinks and dinner

It's not a very complicated existence.

>Wake up

CANT WAKE UP

So I just had a talk with a dude who used to work at Paizo, the guys who make Pathfinder and he told me some lulzy shit. Gonna copypasta some of it for posterity

"But back then Lisa Stevens hired MMO developer Ryan Dancey to develop the Pathfinder MMO, in spite of Dancey's horrible track record with games. This was a purely personal move because they're old friends. It's one of many bad decisions that basically led to the state Paizo is now in and why I left.

Pathfinder Online was developed by the independently owned (but Paizo-backed) company Goblinworks, and Paizo invested a VERY substantial sum of money in the company. Way too much.

So as a result of this investment, there were no bonuses allotted to salaried employees that year. I wouldn't be surprise if they're still denying everyone their bonuses.

Goblinworks failed to deliver the promised product and, in spite of months of us trying to warn upper management that Pathfinder Online was fucked, the plug wasn't pulled on Goblinworks until the 11th fucking hour, way past the point of being able to salvage the company. By this point Paizo pumped so much money into Goblinworks that they were entering financial dire straits. The Goblinworks folks tried but Paizo just gave the fuck up, which I can't blame them for. It's way too little too late.

Paizo became so short on finances that they were unable to maintain the development of the VTT software or essential upgrades to their proprietary forum/store back-end.

I heard that since my departure Paizo's started to intentionally delay payment of contractors (artists and freelance writers) in order to juggle financial burdens from month to month in a pretty blatant breach of contract.

This isn't new

stop posting this bullshit copypasta.

Yes yes, we heard this all yesterday.

On the job. She was thrown to the wolves and gets a kick out of the rush now. A regular thrill junkie so she takes all the second story jobs she can in an attempt to better herself. Even if she just breaks in and never takes anything, knowing she can is good enough. For training anyway.

Sup /pfg/.

How many castings of Visualization of the Body can I cast on myself?

Going into a MASSIVE fight, but my character does have the time to meditate for 6 hours beforehand, to cast it 6 six times. Is that verboten?

Because THAT setting has some decent fucking crossbows.

Sometimes he oversleeps.

>Wake
>Check progress of production queues
>Confirm location
>Check autodiagonstic results
>Confirm time
>Roll out of bed
>Proceed to Hangar
>Perform basic maintenance and set new productions until hungry
>Eat breakfast if not too busy
>Initiate weapon forms, five-rounds-rapid per
>Check ship's capital weapon status
>Remember to set rockets to simulation-fire mode next time
>Add more rockets to production queue
>Set Alpha-Strike
>Accurize if necessary
>Check reactor status post alpha-strike
>Wonder why no one else is up yet
>Go back to bed

How do you make your level 5 warlock broken? You are level five and have 10k gold.

>warlock

Expand further, pathfinder Warlock (Vigilante)? 3.5e Warlock?

user you are cute!

I love you

Basically they had some female authors get invited to be guests at GenCon and then said lol no and brought their male staff members instead. So the women held a gofundme because their employers were too cheap or something.

sometimes I feel barbarians should be allowed to have like 20 rage powers and not just 10

Oh stop it. You wont even go out with me

Decided to go ahead and make a grab/Fool's Errand character for MAXIMUM WRASSLING. Seems grapple is a bit better against casters and locks can really fuck up a martial's day.

Coming from the hussy that wouldn't take responsibility?

Why would you lie like that?

user, I want you to know that is without a doubt the sweetest thing anyone's said to me all day. You are a beautiful person and I hope nothing but the best for you.

Might be cool, though if i had my input i'd divide up the GOld credit by Monster Type, that way that Red dragon you just killed doesnt go into your water sword.

Does being under the effect of a polymorph spell/Su (specifically, asking for wild shape) get rid of energy resistances? The monster abilities section states

>"A creature with resistance to energy has the ability (usually extraordinary) to ignore some damage of a certain type per attack, but it does not have total immunity."

but I don't think I've ever seen a counter-example, and abilities are specified to be natural abilities if they're not labeled as SLA/Su/Ex. I'm assuming that since it's a racial ability, it's derived from one's form.

If that is the case, is that also the case for Deathless Spirit's negative energy resistance, for which the fluff hints as not being form-based?

what hat is this, /pfg/
I've seen it around before and can't for the life of me figure out what it is

I think it's mongolian?

I got that, but they must have a specific term for it

That's slightly overkill.
I do think though that Pounce shouldn't be a totem line locked power that forces every single barbarian to go into beast totem.

>that forces every single barbarian to go into beast totem.

Not every barbarian goes for beast totem tho.

Personally I wish there was a way to get rid of Rage powers entirely, I'd rather have bonus feats.

There is a way.

It's called playing fighter.

>Not every barbarian goes for beast totem tho.

True for gimmick builds, but pounce makes beast totem line so much better than the other options that it's not funny.

>Personally I wish there was a way to get rid of Rage powers entirely, I'd rather have bonus feats.

user what are you even smoking

I like rage and the roleplay that comes with being a barbarian.

Rage powers always seemed kind of useless to me!

As far as I can tell, they just see it as a "hat"
I mean, you could look up the Mongolian word for Hat, because the only thing I can find on that style of hat that people call it is "Mongolian Fur Hat"

Play a fighter with VMC Barbarian, then. It sounds like everything you want.

What about a Viking Fighter?

A few months back, some dude made a Fighter or Alchemist homebrew that got exploding cartridges. It was something like 1 bomb=5 bullets or something.

Anyone got the link? I can't find the damn thing.

>Rage powers always seemed kind of useless to me!
>he says despite Spell Sunder existing
Rage powers are good. Sure, many of them can be traps, but most of them are pretty decent and tend to be more potent than feats.

>I like Rage
Play a Viking Fighter

>and the roleplay that comes with being a barbarian
There is LITERALLY nothing at all that excludes Fighters from the same roleplay opportunities. Heck, most of the Barbarians I play don't even go for tribal roleplay bit, they usually are just really angry people that use their rage as a coping mechanism or just have emotional problems, like the drunk mercenary I'm currently playing.

It was a Gunslinger, and an Initiating one. I'll see if I can find it real quick

>mfw Wrath of the Righteous campaign is dead

docs.google.com/document/d/1rwtD6bOGy9Vbegn_sGC7ZUyDdKq8h72SDiunSUYllUc/edit

docs.google.com/document/d/1rwtD6bOGy9Vbegn_sGC7ZUyDdKq8h72SDiunSUYllUc/edit?usp=sharing

Do any Pathfinder classes play like FFT jobs?

This is a 3.5 thing but I would like to mention this anyways
>Level 10 and just retired my swordsage for story reasons
>Come in with a 2 Fighter/6 Paladin/2 Cavalier
>Party mage is talking about their damage and how awesome their fireball is
>Don't say anything about my deadly charge
>Do some RP stuff, use my diplomacy, knowledge Royalty and Nobility as well as sense motive
>Everything is going fine
>Finally get into combat and I get my chance to charge something
>Do the whole shebang, smite, tremendous charge, deadly charge for a x5 on my damage
>The parties face when I tell the DM I deal 139 damage to the necromancer
My celestial magebred ghost tiger never even got a chance to pounce either

Forgotten Realms, between the Avatar Crisis and the Spellplague.

One of the players had a Paladin of Helm, so he made being vigilant LG.

Fantasy in urban areas mostly, but it can also go to seafaring or plane hopping.

Play a Mutation Warrior. That way, you're always angry.