Warhammer Fantasy

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch, etc, for both WFB and WFRP)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/total-war-warhammer-to-add-bretonnia-faction-in-physical-old-world-edition-next-year/
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release#/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

About time. Did everyone die for about a week?

who /returnofreckoning/ here?

I remember being disappointed in WAR. What's different about RoR that would entice someone to come back?

Are High Elves mages more powerful than Slann?

On average? No. They can wield it in different ways, but by and large Slann are the most powerful group of casters. Individually, yes, as with Teclis who has been described as the most powerful mage ever on multiple occasions.

can Teclis defeat Lord Kroak in his prime?

Hard to say, as it was a different world when Kroak was alive. This was before the Vortex, so magic flooded the world. I'd say it'd be a duel of world shattering proportions, at the very least.

Nope, didn't make a new one because interest is limited without new content. Figured waiting a week or so is better if threads won't even reach bump limit.

So who else hype?

Yes this story is autistic, I know. But I'm still angry and want to rant

>Grombrindal DLC announced for TW:W
>have to go to a Games Workshop store to get it, which means getting chatted up by a redshirt
>screw it, I want that DLC now instead of later
>can't make trek for two weeks, spend time plotting what I will say to redshirt
>on my way over after work I settle on it
>after he tries to upsell something to me, I will laugh and say
"No, after what Games Workshop did to Warhammer Fantasy I'd rather drink lead paint than give them any more money, aside from video game licenses of course (tap hypothetical DLC card)"
>still debating phrasing as I arrive, IE do I say
"kill myself" instead of "drink lead paint", should I leave out "lead", should I substitute Tom Kirby for GW, etc
>arrive
>three guys inside, two playing and one watching
>walk in, guy in a BLUE SHIRT says hey, what can I help you with
>ask for two Grombrindal DLC codes
>Sure, here you go
>no upsell, no further conversation, NO RED SHIRT
>unsure of what to do, I stand there for a second
>walk out

SON OF A BITCH

wait what? BRETONNIA GOT ANNOUNCED? LINK

They must have been on break.

pcgamer.com/total-war-warhammer-to-add-bretonnia-faction-in-physical-old-world-edition-next-year/

>the repackaged strategy game will bring with it a new playable faction: the Bretonnia
>the Bretonnia
Annoying but whatever. Who is Alberic of Bordeleaux?

I recently came into copies of the full enemy within campaign and often DM for WFRP 2ed. Could anyone point me to resources on how to convert the campaign, as well as the fan supplement to replace empire in flames?

>Is anymore DLC coming for Total War: WARHAMMER?
>Yes, our next major DLC expansion, and the next Free-LC is due before Christmas. It is growing now, there will be more news soon.
What would this be?

I'm fairly certain the Enemy Within was translated into 2e many years ago. Check the WHFRP pastebin in the OP, see what you can find. If it's not in there then I'd google around and check those fan sites in the pastebin before converting it yourself, since I'm certain someone else will have already tackled that

Sure they meant 'the Bretonnians', typo.

Alberic is Duke of Bordeleaux, He is a strict man and has the smallest amount of household knights of any of the dukes, but they are among the finest in the realm. He wanted to take the Grail Quest but his father died leaving the dukedom to him to rule. His son set out on the Quest and he wishes to do the same, hoping to appoint someone he trusts as steward of Bordeleaux until he returns.

Wood Elves is the next major DLC.

We have new Bretonnian artwork the likes of when even God has never seen.

I'm interested but the design team seem to be a bit uptight.

I remember them posting on the front page that nobody should question their judgement because ultimately it's their private server for their close friends and they can do what ever they want.

Anyone else supporting this?
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release#/

It's the 9th edition release of all new Bretonnian models. I pledged 20 bucks, and may pledge another 20 by next week. I suggest for all of us who love the Old World style of warhammer support it where we can...

Check out the pic, it's a Bretonnian Lord on the Griffin. If the models come out like this quality, I may rebuild my entire Bretonnia army with this range. C'mon guys, even if you're not bret players let's support this! Check it out This company also has a range of Tomb Kings for 9th edition:

It has some nice concept art, but I'd like to see some prototypes.

There's no word on the Green Knight but based on the art I'll take that as a good sign. He should be used like a Hero, like Grombrindal should have been. Used on the campaign map to fuck around with the enemy and able to support armies but not lead them himself. With special abilities like being able to transport through terrain like in the tabletop, but both in battles and on the campaign map.

Judging from their tomb kings models, the Bretons are going to look pretty slick.

Have they actually gotten quest text working yet?

>We have new Bretonnian artwork the likes of when even God has never seen.
post it, I haven't seen it. This is the first time I'm hearing about the expansion at all, let alone seeing art

After taking a look, it mite be cool.

I'm still mad about that Grail Knight on foot that GW never released for no good reason.

Yes, they're total cunts, but it is the only way to play Age of Reckoning now.

>try to kill WHFB
>create a thriving industry of alternative miniatures

>when you oneshot a Lord of Change with your warrior priest in WFRP
GM couldnt handle it

How? Rolling Ulric's Fury twenty times?

I want to paint some WHFB models.

I don't want to go near this age of sigmar bullshit.

Am I too late?

Age of Sigmar models are objectively better designed and modeled than any of the old WHFB models.

Buy a new pack and paint it. You don't have to touch the game itself.

Ahh, did not know that, thanks.

>>better
>>AoS
They're overly designed dogshit.

It's never too late to get into a hobby. Even if you just want a regiment or two to paint up at your own pace most kits are still available. Plus some people are selling old armies on ebay, a lot of which are unpainted.

Is there still an Age of Sigmar general?

No

I'm not, kikes made me pay $60 for an incomplete game

Here you go

>First real exposure to WHFB is Vermintide
>Read up on what the story of the game is about
>Crack-addicted rats trying to pull down the moon, which is a giant crack rock
>The moon is literally made of green cheese

They made you, huh? Must be rough when CA bursts into your house with a gun and threatens to shoot your mom if you don't buy their games.

Poor wording, my point was I'm not going to encourage them.

>Be the Empire
>Confederate with Stirland
>4 vampire stacks sieging the Moot
>mfw

>>Be Bretonnia
>>Saving their dumb asses from five full stacks of Vampire Counts
>>Clear the area with glorious cavalry charges
>>Empire won't take ruined areas, won't confederate with their neighbours even with the Shield of Civilization on
FUCK
Just do SOMETHING Franz!

THIS ACTION DOES NOT HAVE MY CONSENT

This guy isn't wrong per se, but he's making a subjective point. AoS models are a lot more cartoony and World-of-Warcraft like in their aesthetic, while WHFB was just a bit more grimy, grim and grounded. Personally, I prefer WHFB's old aesthetic, though there's room for all tastes in the hobby. The new Orc characters, for instance, are actually really good. Also note that many current AoS models, such as the entire Free People's range and most of the Seraphon/Lizardmen, are just WHFB models that have been repackaged with round bases. Thus, it's absolutely not to late to make a very respectable WHFB army using only models from the current GW webstore.

Stupid prick, I give you thousands of gold and what do you do? Buy nothing but heroes! And then sit next to Nuln and do nothing!

Going to second . How did that happen?

So in an interesting turn of events Beastmen have gotten the highest win % at the 9th Age ETC.

Plz dun nerf

I guess even bottom bitches have their day.

The Skaven are amazing. One of the big issues with Chaos is that they often come off as Saturday morning cartoon villains, but the Skaven were built around that concept, so it works amazingly. They're serious enough to be scary, or at least menacing, but are utterly hilarious most of the time.

It's a shame Vermintide requires the other people on your team to know what they're doing

The best part is how their society is presented, particularly if the writer is good at capturing their feel like CL Werner. How they talk, act in front of their inferiors/superiors, customs, etc. One thing I liked was how a Clan leader literally had no idea what he was doing and only became the boss because he stole everyone's inventions and killed them for it.

Sup GW representative

>TFW can't run TW:WH well on my PC
>TFW playing Mordheim instead
>TFW can't run it well either

How do the Wind of Hysh differ from Prayers to Sigmar?

Sorry that this is off-topic, but man, Renaissance Europeans really had trouble imagining what the ancient Middle East might have looked like. The Tower of Babel looks like its being erected in a Flemish village.

Well for starters, prayers are simply weaker spells, as priests, those that can cast prayers that is, are weaker wizards. They have the talent to tap into the Winds of Magic, but lack the strength and ability of a true wizard.

There's also the effects that Hysh has on Light Wizards, which causes the older members of their order to become more calm and seemingly devoid of emotion. It stands for order, wisdom and truth, while Sigmar is a deity that demands his followers have the courage to stand up to evil, to unite and protect their brothers.

I think that's par the course for Renaissance artists, as a lot put First Crusade knights in Gothic full plate armour. They simply painted what they knew and applied it to an event.

+1 to being overly designed dogshit.

I'm really excited for the 9th Age Stuff coming out. The bretons are going to be pretty great...I have high expectations. Anyone else donate to

Slann have far more magic potential, but they don't use it unless it serves a greater purpose unless all their plans will be ruined if they don't.

A High Elf will pour all they have into their magic over petty concerns, like any other mortal race.

So a High Elf will be using far more powerful magic if the two fight and will likely win, unless the High Elf threatens the safety of the world in which case the Slann will rearrange the stars and the continents to overkill that fucker.

Came here to post this.

I'm not, but I'm waiting with bated breath for their eventual Vampire Covenant.

As a High Elf player, I'm glad. You guys need it so long as you're not ridiculously above everyone else.

Run it as administrator, check to see if you're using your good graphics card to run it or if the system is defaulting to your basic "can run windows" one.

>mfw Dread Sphinx

Both armies are violently autistic

What, Rome II?
Get over it

holy crap, I wasn't aware about those!
what's it with sketches instead of photos? they do have minis, right? they are not some crowdfunding crap where you donate the price and hope you get your minis a few years hence?

when God-Emperor Leto II Atreides became, well, a prophetic God-Emperor of humanity, he envisioned that one day the humanity will perish.
So, he resolved to become the worst tyrant there was, employing his tremendous power, gifts of prophecy and clairvoyance, his fanatical zealots.
And humanity spread all over the galaxy to escape his rule, and developed no-ships, aboard which the people were shielded from his sight, and spread spice worms to other planets, so Arrakis no longer gave the Emperor power, and synthetic spice, which meant people didn't even have to rely on worms anymore.
And after two thousand years the God-Emperor Leto II saw that humanity has conquered all of galaxy and no longer relied on a single planet's unique resource, and was immune to prophets. Then he decided his mission was complete, and he had to die, but in such a way that no one would see him as a martyr.
So he arranged for a bridge he was crossing to break and so he fell into a river and died like a chump.

Now tell me this isn't the latest history of GW.

sorry, we ain't got GW stores in this place i live. what's the difference between red shirt and blue shirt?

They have to scupt the minis first. You most likely won't be wainting for years though. Take a look at their previous campaing (not-tomb-kings). It finished only a couple month back and they seem to be pretty far with the miniatures already..

ah, so even if I buy TKs, I still only get a promise for my moneys?

meh, I'll have a look at them in a couple of years

I am a new player to Total War: Warhammer and a new play to warhammer in general.

Which DLC are the most important to have for TW:W?

Also, my friend was telling me that warhammer fantasy is dead? Is that true? I prefer fantasy over 40k but I like both.

I'm new to Warhammer Fantasy. I want to read the books. Where should I start?

TKs are out in a few months. Brets next year, probably in 6 months.

Also, cheaper to buy now. Like 75% of the price buying at release, plus freebies if you buy a fair amount.

Did you read the OP newbie guide?

What armies do you want to read about?

depends
Every dlc except beastmemes is good.

beast men DLC is bad?

Its dead if you consider it dead, if not, its not. As for TW:W, haven't played it yet because shitty computer (fuck my life), but would recommend all of them.

I'm giving the newbie guide a quick skim right now.
Bretonnia seem pretty cool.

What book/series would be the best to start with?

it's not worth the price IMO.
Also, integrated mod support.

Knight Errant, Knight Of The Realm, Grail Knight.

The Adventures of Florin & Lorenzo.

Genevieve The Vampire.

Beware, most Bret books rely on slightly to majorly retconned material, since GW neglected them heavily for a long time.

So apparently TW:WH is an esport now.
what's next?

Thanks man

Dead thread for dead setting.

But BM is my fantasy army and the only reason I'd want to play, why is it bad?

I just found and fell in love with this model.

How fluffy are Sea Goblins? Would any regions that Forest Goblins live be near the coast?

I am new, late to the party, and dumb
can daemon ward saves have regeneration slapped on top of them?
It seems like a yes due to the nurgle herald's locus but I feel like I am missing something obvious as to how they interact

Anyone make any interesting 9th age lists? What do you guys think of 1.2

Yeah that model has bags of character. Reminds me of 3rd edition stuff but cleaner. I'm sure there must be some costal regions in the Empire that would have goblins living in them, just promise me you'll convert a crustacean arachnarock.

Nordland has tonnes of forest, so long as they stay away from the wood elves there I imagine they'd have a lot of opportunity to make some lairs.

Elf question. Can any of the Elves form an Avatar? They worship Khaine, so it seems possible

What army would you say is good for someone still new to wargaming in general? Preferably one with most of it's model range intact.

Not from what I've read, though Orion is very similar in that a male elf sacrifices his life to become the avatar of Kournous, lord of the hunt, and overall shit person to everyone in a few hundred mile radius. Khaine, for High Elves, is more of a necessary evil than anything else, and his worship is a private affair, more so than usual. Usually a prayer before battle or during a long campaign. He's a shit like Ares and it shows.

Ogre Kingdoms. If you just stick to the big guys you have a lot of surface area to paint and low model count.

>sorry, we ain't got GW stores in this place i live. what's the difference between red shirt and blue shirt?
GW employees wear red shirts and are generally referred to as Redshirts. The fact that the guy in the story was wearing the exact opposite color is what really got me

>just promise me you'll convert a crustacean arachnarock
Oh, absolutely.

No.

Avatars of Khaine don't exist in Fantasy.

Dark Elf Witches haul statues of Khaine around, but all those are is magic conduits for his power to flow into them through sacrificing people, especially infants, and bleeding them out into a cauldron.

Now, its possibly to animate a statue using magic, which is basically an efficient version of what an Avatar of Khaine is. Orcs do it by mistake, they just start slapping their feces onto boulders and sculpt it into the form of Mork or Gork and it comes to life, Pic related. Elves could do the same thing but without the feces if they wanted to.

Also, Bone Giants and Ushabti are both giant status in the shape of the Nahekharan gods that have been brought to life with soul magic.

The Empire has living statues too.

Dwarfs force their magic into rocks all the time and do loads of shit like that.

Actually, you're better off coming up with a race that doesn't.

But no, nobody makes Avatars of Khaine.

Khaine in WHFB is a scorpion-looking murdergod (though his more recent incarnations look more like his 40k self) mostly worshiped by Dark Elves, but Avatars aren't a thing, so no.

>The Empire has living statues too.
??????