>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Last Thread

First for Inquisition

Second for Dark Eldar the superior race

Plastic Sisters Soon.

Fourth for Gouged Eye!

Fifth for the Omnissiah

-Insert Number here- for "I want my Weird Boy Walker!".

why the fuck don't dark eldar have walkers like the Eldar.

Doesn't fit their rapid raiding fluff.

Walkers can't go fast

Anything a Walker can do, the Dark Eldar should have a Skimmer or Monstrous Creature that does it just as well.

That goes for Tanks too.

Call them Runners then and maybe they'll go fast

They have monsters instead.

They don't come in open-topped death-trap flavour.

Nonsense.
>take a scout sentinel
>stick some anti-grav whatsit up it's machine arse
>replace legs with buzzsaws
>replace gun with dark lance/splinter cannon
>place party mix dispenser in the cockpit
>LET 'EM RIP

HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

Dont curse, Talos and Cronos could as well be AV 11/11/11 vehicles with open topped. Would as much sense as Helbrutes being vehicles.

Why would they want one when they have the Talos?

You could easily make a rapid speed walker.

Fuck i just want another vehicle that isn't a fucking skimmer, give me something of substance I can use, like a anti grav weapon platform or something.

Should I get an Aveneger for my Sisters?

So what's the rumour mill on admech?

Anything since the initial whisper of a combined codex / 2 new robots / a new flyer?

You should get nothing for them at the moment. they are getting new stuff in coming months.

Are most people in the Imperium payed in cash for their work or are they mere serfs?

Nada. Nothing at all from GWs side. FW is releasing IA14: Fires of Cyraxus "soon". It basically contains all the 30k Mechanicum stuff for 40k Admech... which pretty much more than doubles their line of models.

Do you really think they'll get a flier though?

Ccon has a sale, and I can get one cheap

It varies from planet to planet. I have heard of Thrones/Crowns/Credits being a form of currency.

the whole point of the Dark Eldar is that they rock up out of portals, murder everyone within easy reach, bungee cord as much stuff to their antigrav skiffs as possible and then run away before anyone can get their shit together. Literally every battle the Dark Eldar fight outside of Commorragh has 'and then we run away' as the final stage of the plan. Why would they want anything except fast, light and easily replaced craft?

Crunch wise you simply can't have everything in the same list because it's boring, since in real life armies end up all looking very similar because we tend to borrow ideas and have distinct niches for stuff GW has to differentiate armies by leaving out shit they should really have. You can either accept your army doesn't have that niche or ally into something that does.

Depends on the planet.

Hey Veeky Forums I'm trying to get back into 40k after never really fielding an army but just painting the models.
I've made a 1000pt list of some if the stuff i already have and was looking for some tips in what to add/remove in terms of units and gear.

Reposting from last thread:

GM allowed me to have them as battle brothers. I can take provenence since every player has a 500pt base with HQ units and all.

For a killteam campaign: Imperialis Militia as a killteam with allied stormtroopers. Survivors of a Dark Age and Advanced Weaponry. For a killteam campaign.

What strategies/builds do you recommend?

I'm expected to fight Tau, IG, Eldar, DEldar (NPC), Eldar, SoB (NPC), Khorne/Chaos (NPC), Orkz, Genestealer Cultists.

So how much do we reckon Magnus the red is gonna be when he comes out. He's about the size of a knight so around £70??

If you get it cheap, sure go ahead. Its still usable in the new dex regardless.

And the current rumours about SoB is that they dont get a flyer of their own.

GM?

They'd be terrible Super-Heavy Walkers though.

Can leviathans take regular drop pods or am I stuck with shelling out for the jumbo dreadnought pod?

It's a kind of kill team campaign with some RPG elements. So yes, game master

Maulerfiends disagree.

Just being super-heavy would do a lot for them.

Of course their weapons are complete unredeemable trash along with their failed attempt at being a transport.

Alright then, cool.

65-70£, probably.

I'm still surprised this is happening. TS themed forces are shit so who's gonna buy it?

They also probably wouldn't win a fight with any other Super-Heavy Walker.

Not a Knight and certainly not anything Stompa sized.

So what would you recommend?

New rules, new models, full codex.

Not that user
is there any word on if we will have ALL the 30k stuff ? My gut tells me there's stuff they'll still just have to say doesnt make sense to still exist in the 41st millenium.

crossing my fingers that i'll still be able to use my thanatar.

Ts are getting anew codex according to my sources on /tg

And Lady Atia, Squiggly, etc.

multi-melta will never want to shoot at the same target as the boltguns and will just be dead weight.
If you're giving the tacticals a melta gun/CCW they need a transport or drop pod, otherwise drop it.

I'm not sure what else to tell you without telling you to make massive changes to the list.

Trying to make a Blood Angels Kill Team and am so hung up on what would be the best to take.

Kill Team 1
>5 Death Company Marines 100pts
>5 Scout Squad 55pts
>1 Attack Bike Squad 45 pts

Kill Team 2
>5 Tactical Marine Squad 70pts
>5 Assault Squad 85pts
>1 Attack Bike Squad 45pts

Kill Team 3
>3 Bike Squad 63pts
>5 Tactical Marine Squad 70pts
>5 Scout Squad (maybe with sniper rifles) 60pts

Kill Team 4
>5 Vanguard Veteran Squad 95pts
>5 Scout Squad 55pts
>1 Land Speeder Squadron 50pts

I'm new to 40k so I guess I'll be playing Kill Team for awhile until I get my main army made.

The tactical squad will probably go in the rhino. Also please do i have pretty much no idea what to take so any advice would be great.

Of course not. But thats why they are much cheaper than either of those. And being superheavy walker would deal lot of their offensive(melee) and defensive problems.

No much. Confirmed (via pics) are Vorax (with new weapons) and Thanatar.

No Volkite anything is for sure.

Gorkanaughts only cost 2/3's of the cheapest knight so not really a fair match up.

That said, a thing most people forget about Orks is, they are bullies.

NOTHING they own is supposed to be in a stand up fight, they are meant to wail on weaker shit, outnumber stronger shit and so on.

About to collect a BA successor chapter with the theme being ancestor worship in reverence to big ol' Sangy himself. I've never played a MEQ army before but I want something that's playable and fluffy. How would this list play? I'm not looking to be super competitive but able to hold their own.

Jumbo bullshit unless they add the option in later. Right now it doesn't have the option for regular pods.

You can extremely obviously just put it in a regular drop pod model and run it as the more expensive type.

Like seriously, if someone even implies you have a reason to buy a Lucius pod, you punch that person and make sure their nose breaks.

Buying a FW pod is cheaper than a lawsuit.

Nobody is going to sue you for taking a slightly smaller drop pod.

Can plasma weapon on vehicles destroy it by gets hot?
For example leman russ with plasma cannon, executioner if i correct.

Yes, and the FAQ means no rerolls to negate the damage

Yes. For every Gets Hot roll, you roll d6. On 4+, nothing happens. On 1-3 you lose a hull point.

>plasma has a better shot at damaging a tank than a Marine

Oh we saw the thanatar ? well then i'm in good hope that that i can use it.
Thank Omnissiah
What makes you say that ? the Cultmech dominus is lugging a volkite weapon, and if i remember correctly fires of cyraxus concern a forgeworld with a stash of heresy era stuff (hence the beep boops)
Can't see why there wouldnt be a box or two volkite stuff among their hidden goodies.

See you in court.

Clearly vehicles in 40k don't have separate separate ammunition storage for volatile weapons.

Blood angel razor backs with lascannon and plasma guns are really amazing for moving small squads of troops.
It's 'fast' so unlike other transports it can move 12" AND shoot both weapons.

Heavy flamers on BA tacticals is one of their strengths, generally they're an army that wants to get up close and personnel.

BA have so many heavy flamers it's a waste to get some on the terminators, an assault cannons would be better.

Heavy weapons mixed in to tactical squads are generally crap, heavy bolter is the only one with any synergy with the rest of the squad and even then it's not very good.

Make the most of your fast transports by giving them two weapons, you can buy a second storm bolter on the rhino.

Blood angels have the best predators due to giving them fast, if it moves 6" it can fire ALL it's weapons which is something no other chapter can do.

FW was absolutely pissed that they gave the Dominus a Volkite weapon, much less one that wasn't even in 30k. The art for the Dominus even has it wrong, with it having two barrels and glowing blue. Lore-wise, volkite was already being phased out in 30k due to the difficulty of producing and maintaining them, as each were hand-crafted masterpieces.

Thank God for that, I am going to buy myself the Cohort Cybernetica bundle for Christmas and it's nice to know I can use at least one part of it in 40k

I would also like more customisable Magos like the ones in the Mechanicum..

You will get fucked by any kind of AP2 with such an elite heavy army but that mass of dreadnoughts could be nasty to fight.

Also, why does the captain have two storm bolters? (Can he even get two and a hammer?)

>FW was absolutely pissed that they gave the Dominus a Volkite weapon
Source on this? I don't find it hard to believe but that's fucking hilarious if it's true.

If were lucky FW is going to be a bit lazy and just import all the 30k stuff into IA14... and that is going to do some serious things to 40k meta in form of cheap AV14 vehicles. Marines are starting to use less grav after all the deathstars and now GSC and haywire/D weapons arent really that much more common. Mechanicus Landtrain-army could be interesting.

The AP2 issue is something I've worried about, however I want a completely different army to my combined arms guard. Not sure why it says he has 2! Should read one.

seems and odd thing to get miffed about.
Does show there's practically no communication between the two design teams i guess.
Atleast we can comfort ourselfs with that volikte wouldnt even be that great with the current meta in 40k.
Still, love me some martian death rays.
Custom magos is definitly on the top of the wish-list. I was so sad that they didnt let the dominus be more customizable.

It was at one of the Open Days. FW were going to do the AdMech codices themselves as a combined one, and then GW did it as a complete surprise.

What's the point in even taking it if it's going to be a lack luster Super-Heavy?

I could be taking something better for the points.

What the fuck seriously? Since when did those utter retards at GW decide that vehicle plasma weapons should get hot? Jesus H. Christ.

Fuck, now I'm slightly mad. A FW AdMech codex would potentially be awesome if the difference between Castellax and Kastelans is anything to go by modelwise.

I guess I can't be too angry since most of GW's AdMech range is still beautiful.

Ah well. I guess Cyraxus will fix some of those issues.

Because its cheap superheavy walker? Have you ever faced a Knight that got into melee? If you have then you probably remember those small blasts its spits out at I1 and what those things did when your opponent rolled sixes. And if you havent faced any superheavy walkers/gargantuans before, open up your rulebook and check what "Stomp" does.

If 'orkanauts would be Superheavy Walkers then orks couldnt take anything better for the same points. Stomps are just that damn good and vital anti-meta weapon.

Speaking of Blood Angels, I've just started WH40k and decided to go with the Blood Angels, I have their main codex, but I heard there is another book or supplement I should get that has a detachment in it?

I didn't see another codice in the mega so thats why I'm asking.

>Combined FW AdMech Codex
Death to GW! Death I say!

>Thanatar
awesome
>Vorax
fuck yeah kill mantis!

Made some slight tweaks. How is this while still keeping it under 1000pts?

Angels blade, it has a ton of updates in it for BA units and more psychic power pools for your librarians to roll on as well as formations.

There is also the 40k (beta) FAQ which raises the attacks of your dreadnoughts by two and makes all scouts ws4 and bs4, bringing them in line with normal marines.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a faithful import of my Robits and hopefully Thallax too. Seeing as the Tau are probably going to get good new suits, I hope we keep Cybertheurgy as a psychic substitute, but I doubt that will happen.

So next IA book imperium(ad mech mostly) vs tau?
I hope imperium will win this one. All campaign with its own books are tau victories

I'm curious what new things will they add there.

Looks solid except for one last tiny thing.
free up 10 points to give your transports dozer blades so they dont risk crashing when they enter terrain.

Nothing more embarrassing than totaling your transport before you even manage to move it out your deployment zone.

There is this pic. See the Vorax on the left? It has magazines on its weapons. 30k Vorax doesnt have magazines on its rotor cannons which is led to beleive that those arent 30k weapons but assault cannons.

Vorax with 2x Assault Cannon is very different beast all together.

>IA
>Imperium winning ever

Are any Dark Angels up that could suggest what boxes to buy to start playing them as a starter faction?

I don't think I want pure Raven or Deathwing but I would like at least one of them to support a good marine core.

Thanks will do

I think I've seen that model in some of the 30k backdrops, actually. It's a fairly common conversion since some people don't like dealing with heating up the resin ammo feeds to model them into place correctly - weird to see in a FW book, though.

They "won" Vraks.

To be fair, this is supposed to be the Imperium's Time of Ending these books take place in. If anything, proper 40K being a constant stream of unstoppable heroes leading impossible victories should be what's against the grain.

I would suggest a simple Multimelta Attack Bike and Double Multimelta Landspeeder in an Attack Squadron for Tank Hunting as a good way to add in Ravenwing. You could also buy two sets of Ravenwing Bikers, another attack bike and landspeeder and make some Grav Bikers in a full Bike Squad with Heavy Bolter Attack Bike and Typhoon Landspeeder in a second Attack Bike.

A normal "core" of just a CAD with two tactical squads in Rhino with a Heavy or Special+Combi will fill up your troops fine and you can make any HQ on a bike, probably a lib and reach almost 1000pts fairly cheaply.

For pure Ravenwing the best thing to do is get two of their Battle Forces and make a command squad with two tank hunter attack squad, two MSU bike squad, an HQ biker and maybe a Darkshroud.

It can be looked down upon but buying some already owned models can save you a good chunk of the initial purchase of an army but I would advice ebay or other discount retailers.

The Orkanaut actually has to last long enough to Stomp.

At I1, that is far from certain.

5hp AV13 walker? Easily. If knight can do it with 6hp, so can Orkanaut too. And they would be only 2/3 points of cheapest knight. Taking 3 would be nobrainer choice.

>Super Heavies were a mistake

Sup, 40k thread, I just painted this dude.

I am excited for my Scouts to die horribly in Kill Team.

Knights are Imperial, though, and therefor objectively better than anything and everything xenos by GW rules design principle.

Fuck yeah, Krios tanks. That will give the Admech the horde-clearing big blasts they need and look damn cool to boot. I do hope they add a couple formations for this lot and/or provision for the War Convocation to take them, though, or they'll be overshadowed by the free upgrades like the Secutarii a few months ago.