Would a centaur make a good steed, do you think?

Would a centaur make a good steed, do you think?
Provided they could be convinced to let you ride them, of course.

Would a centaur make a good daughter, do you think?
Provided they could be convinced to let you adopt them, of course.

Why not, its magic.

No, they would be really stinky and they will crap over everything.

Pro: Intelligent.
Pro: Can hold shit and use tools.
Pro: Can speak.
Con: Intelligent.
Con: Can speak.
Con: Human bits might get in the way of doing things yourself.

Pro: Can be your girlfriend/boyfriend AND mount all in one
Pro: Provides their own mount
Pro: Can haul much more baggage than most other team members
Pro: Can pull a cart with relative ease
Con: Can't fit into most houses
Con: Will not be happy with sleeping in the stables
Con: Everyone can look at your centaur girlfriends genitals at any time
Con: Probably eats more than a human considering their size

What if the Mongols had had centaurs as well as regular humans in some sort of alliance? So you have Mongol archers shooting from the back of centaurs which are also shooting at you.

It might have shorn up a lot of the weak points of defense with cavalry. Archer-riders ride up to the area they want to capture, humans dismount and defend while the centaurs continue flanking, unlike normal cavalry which can have trouble when stationary.

Yes, they are, read tales of Hercules for more example.
>Loyal
>skilled
>is smart and can communicate
>fast
>they are the definition of beauty and war

I dunno, if I were a centaur, I wouldn't let anyone on my back

All that doesn't automatically translate to a dude who'll gladly carry you on his back everywhere.

You could probably carry a kobold too, but why the hell would you? I think the assumption that they should/would let you ride them just because they are similar to horses would be pretty offensive and tactless.

Not even a hot chick, user?

>Implying you wouldn't gladly give a kobold Piggyback rides
>Implying you wouldn't keep the Kobold in a Basket on your back and "Banjo-Kazooie" it up in battle

The only chance they do it for you is when they find you worthy. That why the loyal part is there. And also, op say provided you convinced them.

Well, no. Not really. I have been in an abusive relationship before, amd this sounds just like it.

It's very difficult to run and shoot at the same time, and Mongol cavalry archers were mainly effective due to their weapons and mobility. A smarter horse would improve things, but not all that much.

Probably really good for an archer. Less so for other combatants.

Anatomically a centaur shouldn't charge because all the force goes directly into their human spine and the vaguely defined connection point. A passenger would only exacerbate the issue. However, this is fantasy so I'm just going to disregard that bullshit.

The main advantage Centaurs have over horses is intelligence. Horses are dumb, panicky animals and, while they can be battle trained, they remain animals. A Centaur can follow orders or act independently of its rider in addition to being a possibly fierce combatant in its own right. So yes, a Centaur/Rider team is going to be a superior fighting force to a horse and rider.

>It's very difficult to run and shoot at the same time
Hell, it's difficult to drive and shoot at the same time, and cars have shock absorbers.

>implying a centaur would be unable to learn to run and shoot

Keep in mind that a well trained horse does what it's rider wants. There's no guarantee a centaur would follow orders or do as it's told.

It will if it's a trained soldier. Humans have the same potential issue, as do any intelligent species.

But you're typically not sitting on a guys back when he decides to break formation.

If your soldiers are being routed to the point they break and run, then shit is already fucked. I don't think this is an issue exclusive to Centaurs.

> Not training your centaurs to perfect obedience.

Sounds good but unless you're in some sort of crazy fanatical or callous military then you'd worry too much about the centaur getting hurt/dying.

Imagine an ordinary horse, at the end of the day its just an animal (quite a stupid one at that) and yet people get attached as fuck to them and go to lengths to ensure their well being (me included).

Now imagine them being applied for military purposes, when used at their safest capacity (mounted archery) the rider will likely still use the animal for cover like pic related which ends up with arrows sticking out of the animals side and if you run into enemies from the front, then your instinct will likely be to hide behind the horses' head with obvious results. That alone is a dick move. Horses don't give a shit about wars and you've dragged it into a position where it will likely get killed, what did the horse ever do to you?

Then we have lancers and mounted swordsmen. When you charge a pike formation even from the flanks. Chances are, even when things go well and mr horsie tramples some peasant fucks that he'll get horribly injured/still get piked in the process. Sure it will last long enough to live through the fight, but in most cases, if you've seen a significant amount of combat then your horse will probably have sustained some serious injuries at best, or is bound to get euthanized at worse. Again, dick move.

Now lets go with your scenario of sapient horse men. Sure, the'll likely have their own personal conflicts that drive them to go to war. But hey, its their problem and they're taking a personal risk with only their own safety as their concern. But if you factor in some mounted dude slowing them down, using them as cover and possibly freaking out and holding their human halves as a shield to avoid a blow then you'd have a problem. And thats before we factor in the rider actually trying to direct the centaur. Make horse-cock Bob dive face first into a pike formation? Good luck with that.

I know what special snowflake I'm going to play today.

>not fucking a horse

Silly user, anything can be a daughter if it's cute enough!

>Would a centaur make a good daughter
That would come down to the individual centaur, also the adopter's parenting. They'd certainly would be more difficult to handle than a human child in several regards.

>Your daughter trampled my son!

>its her culture, stop being so racist its AD 20XX

>That would come down to the individual centaur
Nonsense.

All non-human species should have one personality only.

Imagine your son being the only human in an all-monstergirl school.
>Your daughter trampled my son!
>Your daughter constricted my son!
>Your daughter poisoned my son!
>Your daughter rolled over for my son!
>Your daughter suffocated my son!
>Your daughter tried getting my son to milk her!
>Yout daughter tried milking my son!
And thus start the adventures of Darling Jr.

Jesus, that kid's in danger of suffocating. Who's bright idea was to breed those centaurs to such bountiful proportions?

I think you're going about this in the wrong fashion. The rider isn't using the Centaur as a mount, the Centaur is using the rider as a secondary assistant and indirect support.

Armor yourself up as a centaur, prep for melee, charging, mobile tank it up. You're going to be a bit slow but you're strong, have a solid base speed above that of the humanoid foot soldiers and you've got a solid carrying capacity.

Meanwhile, you have a much lighter-armored bipedal humanoid, maybe even a halfling or gnome whose got a ranged weapon to prevent enemies from getting to close on the flank or sneaking up behind you and your buddy. If you're injured in a fantasy setting you can have your pocket healer right there on the spot, or if you're in a more mundane setting you can still have meds and stims on hand to get you through a non-impeding injury or repair minor armor breaks that you can't fit.

You don't have a Centaur mount, the Centaur has a personal aid or gunner.

I mean with the way warfare actually works that's not an issue. The cavalry wil either break the foe on the charge or retreat. There isn't going to be protracted combat like hollywood.

i would say not many would agree to be amount but a lot of them would allow to be used as a mount if they are a full member of the party

Why treat her as a daughter when it's obvious you just want to fuck her, you creep.

>poor guy grows to hate subhumans because of constant abuse
And thus start the adventures of Hitler v1.1.

Nah.

Partner it is. And for a mounted archer the Centaur would be great.

Give the Centaur plate armor while the archer sits on his back with lighter gear.

Now you have a useful cavalry unit that is quite devastating when it charges, and which can move and shoot. Especially well shooty since the archer doesn't need to go full Mongol.

But an actual Mongol would be even better.

But shouldn't the human parts of a Centaur supposed to be much, much sturdier and tougher that those of regular humans in order to function properly?

As much as awesome this sounds, it would be difficult for a Centaur to gallop and shoot at the same time.

There would be some with skills, but they wouldn't be numerous.

Mongols, apart of having their famous Horse Archers, they also had regular cavalry units.

Thus a cavalry unit that has a Centaur in Mongol armor and with a shield and spear/sword combo while having a Mongol Archer on his back would be pretty neato combo.

It could work like in that shitty Aliens movie with the wheelchair guy and the big black guy.

You carry the Kobold in a harness on your back and he shoots at anyone trying to come at you from behind

>I never heard of Love Hina.
It's like you don't even masochist.

This happens in a war hammer 40k comic, but with an ork and the grot on his back is in a mini turret

Side-question related to Centaurs, would they make good knights?

Love Hina is shit though, and I don't understand why so many people consider it the golden standard of harem anime.

>Paternal instincts don't exist
>Every man is a pedophile waiting for an opportunity
Truly we live in enlightened times.

You can't see in front of you while riding a centaur. This seems like an important disadvantage.

We've already had that thread, and we decided that a centaur would render themselves paraplegic if they did a couched lance charge.

No.

Probably less effective as a mount than a normal horse.

I take it translation has still stopped on pic related?

I am pretty certain that if centaurs had existed, they would have been evolved in a way that lets their spine survive the common stress of an impact to the upper body. Nature rarely does something that makes no sense, so if centaurs were considered to be natural, they would probably be efficient at, you know, existing in first place.

Horsecock

What if...

you had a human archer / centaur swordswoman combo

it's the perfect combo of defense and attack

>Only tiny strip of cloth covering her horsegina.
If centaurs were a thing would they take more effort to cover up their cooch?

Yeah, Centaurs generally work better as their own unit, possibly workiing alongside more conventional mounted units.

>Love Hina is shit though, and I don't understand why so many people consider it the golden standard of harem anime.
Because all harem anime are shit

Agreed.

But you also need to remember about defense and what kind of cavalry unit it should be.

For hit and run tactics the ideal defense would be a mix of leather and leather/scale-mail for human and centaur respectively.

For heavy hitting, full-plate centaur and a crossbowman with a medium-sized, easy and quick to reload crossbow that can be reloaded on the run.

But what about when the centaurs and horses start fucking each other in the middle of battle?

Is it just me or does anyone prefer deer centaur to the horse ones? The more slender, lithe deer body just seems to fit better with the little fleshy human part on top.

Yeah it would. 4 arms wielding weapons > 2. Imagine you would use a bow, they would use word and shield.

sentient and cognate so could dodge shit, make its own decisions as you had only to worry about pewpewing shit with your death sticks.

What if the Centaur had four arms, and so did the guy riding on its back?

There's no reason why one can't have both horse -and deer centaurs.

Something something /k/ tying down a doe and using an egg vibrator to make it deergasm repeatedly until it couldn't stand up to save on doe urine.

If they would be real, there surely would be clothing for them.

Don't try to force your own bigoted viewpoint on their noble culture, fascist

>Veeky Forums asks centaurs to wear cover up their naughty bits
>"You won't see my horsegina if you don't intentionally look past my tail..."
How would Veeky Forums respond?

>Veeky Forums
>Not wanting to see a centaurs naughty bits
Does Not Compute

I might remember this one wrong but doesn't she flash him like... literally on the next page?

Goodness gracious, have some decency, you harlot.

She flashes him on accident. I think some schoolkid pulls her skirt away or something like that.

>implying a pure centaur waifu wouldn't use centaur pantsu.

Then stop waving your tail you whore

Nice barding, m'lady.

>tips pot helm

Literally the plot of Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen.

Looks interesting. Is it worth reading?

Yeah, it's funny. MC is one of exactly two humans in the entire school and considers everybody else a lower life form. Forms a cooking club to hang out with the other human (animals don't cook, after all), it gets crashed by a bunch of animals. Wolf best girl, the teachers are dinosaurs.

>males look like animals
>Females look like human girls wearing novelty ears
Japan I'm getting sick of your uncreative shit

Good.

Thanks. Gonna give it a read later.

Leave it to Japan to turn My Gym Partners a Monkey into harem shit.

>dat kangaroo flexing

They use it for a joke now and then, at least.

It's about the furthest thing from a harem, since the MC considers pretty much everybody a filthy animal.

Kangaroo's are the dudebros of the animal kingdom.

Would you want your car to talk and have an opinion? Fuck no you wouldnt.

Imagine having a QT3.14 centaur girlfriend that lets you ride her. You sitting on her back with your legs lazily rocking in the stirrups, looking over her long golden hair as she trots down a small country road where the sunset looms in the distance. You lean forward, placing a folded arm on her shoulder to steady yourself while parting her hair with your free hand to give her neck a kiss. You can feel the shudder through her whole body as she giggles, her tail swiftly swaying with an audible *swish swish* in unintentional response. She smells nice today. There is a hint of flowers to her hair because of the wreath she wore earlier at the market, though there is also the more musky scent of her animal half which always permeates and lingers, as one might expect. She glances over her shoulder with a grin and asks what you think you're doing back there.

Yes I would?

Absolutely.

OH GODDAMIT

Then why do rich people pay for drivers?

>Opinion

It's time again.

>She glances over her shoulder with a grin and asks what you think you're doing back there.
>I DIDN'T GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO SPEAK

>no helmet
>horsebits aka most the body is completely bare
>leg armor is limited to lower legs

Would complain to R&D, if the medieval cunts could armor most of the horse then there is no reason why a modern military shouldn't be able to do the same to a centaur.

>the more musky scent of her animal half which always permeates and lingers
So she literally smells like a barn. No thank you, there are less filthy and more hygienic monster girls to choose from.