How should a paladin in D&D of a depraved love god like Slaanesh act?

How should a paladin in D&D of a depraved love god like Slaanesh act?

Let's play up the sex positive aspects and not so much the COCAAAAIIIIIINEEEE or FINE AAAAARRTTTSSSS AND FOOOOOOD parts of it. You know, free hippy love with an iron fist.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=htiTWlmnHLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A paladin can't worship a chaotic god, so I guess they would act non-existentially.

>boring person detected

>How should a paladin in D&D of a depraved love god like Slaanesh act?

A Paladin would not worship a "depraved sex god" like Slaanesh.

A Paladin would worship a fertility deity, or a deity devoted to love. There would be no Paladin built around sex, they would instead be a Paladin devoted around things that *just so happen* to include sex.

>paladin of a god
Paladins are powered entirely by their extreme dedication to their code/alignment. They don't get power directly from any deity.

By not existing.

>worships chaos god
>takes a healthy view of his obsession

Next thing you'll start telling me Khorne worshipers go through an appeals process before they kill anyone, and Nurgle cultists only use certain parts of pathogens to build up an immune response.

>b-but muh fetish
Go somewhere that will appreciate it.

Introduce people to as many fetishes as possible

Now see, why does depraved =/= lawful?

Hardcore masturbate everytime she alone and praying. Or they are cake and wizard channeling their frustrations as power.

>LIKE Slaanesh

Goddamn these nitpicky lorewyers. I can nitpick and lawyer right back.

You seem to have stumbled across mistaking a meme for truth.
Slaanesh is not a 'depraved god', Slaanesh is 'god of excess'.

Nothing is stopping you from playing a hippy who forces 'free love' on everyone, it could be an interesting arc for a villain who turns to Slaanesh. But that 'hippy free love' won't stay recognizable for long once it does, slipping into the territory of Shub-Niggurath and your magical realm.
If you really want to play as the Paladin of a Love god, why not consider Mi Amore Cadenza ?

I am far more interested in why Hawkman is firing a machine gun at Beyond Batman than the pouty face of Bondage Greek.

Fucking casual go read the actual comics instead of just watching the cartoons like a cuck you terrible, retarded, piece of shit, probably-a-girl, Harley Quinn cosplaying, Deadpool liking... oh, we're not on /co/?

Sorry, multiverse convergence shenanigans if I remember right.

Dress up like these will be a good start.

I said nothing of the Paladin not worshiping the deity because they're not lawful.

I'm saying a Paladin couldn't worship Slaanesh because their portfolio is incompatible with a Paladin.

Paladins are about things like love or passion or fertility, not birthing horrific rape-monsters or carving out your eyes because it's a new sensation.

By existing only in your magical realm, where it belongs.

A paladin of a fertility deity would be fun to play. Blessing pregnant mothers so their children aren't stillborn, helping till the land for a bountiful harvest, praying for rain during droughts. You could play it a bit like Johnny Appleseed, or maybe an industrialist trying to introduce modern agriculture to the more isolated parts of the world.

I would like to see this kind of Paladin coming along paladins or other super strict folk that have tenets of abstinence.

And here we see just how thoroughly entrenched the 'fantasy Europe' ideals are.

DnD Paladins have about as much to do with Roland as Akodo Toturi has to do with Tokugawa Ieyasu.

HELLO ME AM WEEPING ORC- IS UNUSUAL NAME, YES? HOW ME GET IT?

WITH ME AMAZING DEALS DOWN AT WEEPING ORC'S SLAVE TRADE, WHERE PRICES SO LOW, ME WEEPING!!!

DO WOOD GIVE YOU WOOD? DO WATER GET YOU WET? GOT DRYADS AND NAIADS FOR PRICES SO LOW, ME ALREADY IN TEARS JUST LOOKING AT THEM!!!

YOU WORRIED ABOUT PURITY OF SLAVE? NOT WANT TO GET SICK FROM SEXY TIMES? WORRY NO MORE! EVERY SLAVE CHECKED AND BLESSED BY PALADIN OF FERTAL- FERITAL-... GOD OF SEXY! EACH ONE BLESSED AND CLEANED, SO ONLY THING CAUSING YOUR DICK TO FALL OFF IS HOW MUCH YOU FUCKING YOUR SLAVE ALL THE TIME! IT BRING TEARS OF JOY TO ME EYES JUST THINKING ABOUT IT!!!

WANT VIRGIN? GOT VIRGIN! WANT SLUTTY VIRGIN? GOT THAT TOO. PALADIN FUCK SLAVE IN REVERSE, SO HYMEN GROW BACK, AND STILL HAVE EXPERIENCE OF TWO-COPPER WHORE!!!

All SLAVE COME GAR- GARAU- ME SWEAR: NO BRUISES, ALL TEETH, AND HEAD FULL OF HAIR!

COME DOWN TO WEEPING ORC'S SLAVE TRADE!!!
COME NOW, OR YOU MAKE ME CRY!!!

A character I would love to have at my table but will never see because I have 3 chicks playing under me.

>PALADIN FUCK SLAVE IN REVERSE

>A paladin of a fertility deity would be fun to play. Blessing pregnant mothers so their children aren't stillborn, helping till the land for a bountiful harvest, praying for rain during droughts. You could play it a bit like Johnny Appleseed, or maybe an industrialist trying to introduce modern agriculture to the more isolated parts of the world.

Exactly, too many people see "Goddess of fertility" and assume it's all about the wide-hipped women getting fucked pregnant by handsome hunks, which is of course an *aspect* of a fertility deity but hardly the focus. A Fertility Paladin would be more focused on helping couples get pregnant and making the crops grow than getting someone (possibly themselves) pregnant.

Heck, odds are the Paladin *has* someone at home for that express purpose.

what if you are playing past 3rd edition?

In the last campaign I was in, the women were just as on board with the slavery as the men, and slightly MORE rapey.

Protecting those who follow their gods way mostly. Like they'd go around smiting or reeducating people who punish or demean others that they find offensively indecent.
Beyond that they'd probably "spread the word of god", which in this case would be introducing everyone they could to the twisted desire they've been hiding from themselves.
Basically like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=htiTWlmnHLI

Then you're a fool.

How should a Paladin of fertility act at the local Abortathecarist's?

Sometimes you gotta fallow the fields so the next harvest comes out right, user. A Paladin of Fertility would not support abortion but they would certainly understand the reasons of doing it.

Depends on a lot of factors, especially how violent their patron is.

>DIS NIGGA

Quit bringing your biases, asshole.

A real paladin of fertility would go full apeshit Colorado Springs on abortion clinics.

"Fallow" fields. What the fuck, who do you think she is, a druid?

HELLO ME AM WEEPING ORC- IS UNUSUAL NAME, YES? HOW ME GET IT?

WITH ME AMAZING DEALS DOWN AT
WEEPING ORC'S SLAVE TRADE, WHERE PRICES SO LOW, ME WEEPING!!!

ME GOT SLUTTIEST OF SLIMES, KINKIEST OF KOBOLDS. ME KNOW YOU GOT HOTS FOR SHORT-STACK SCALEY TITS, SO ME SUPPLY, AND ME PRACTICALLY GIVING AWAY!!!

WORRIED ABOUT MAKING SLAVE PREGGO? WORRY FRIENDLY PALADIN HERE TO HELP AGAIN. GIVE BLESSING OF SEXY GOD TO PREVENT PREGNANCY UNTIL YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED. NO MORE NEED TO VISIT NASTY AL-KILL-MIST. HAS SIDE-EFFECT THAT SLAVE IS NOW EVEN MORE SLUTTY, AND "TIME OF MONTH" NEVER OCCUR. FUCK SLAVE ALL DAY EVERY DAY! IT BRING JOYOUS TEARS TO ME EYES THINKING OF THE FUN YOU WILL HAVE, BUT HURRY, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!!!

All SLAVE COME GAR- GARAU- ME SWEAR: NO BRUISES, ALL TEETH, AND HEAD FULL OF HAIR!

COME DOWN TO WEEPING ORC'S SLAVE TRADE!!!
COME NOW, OR YOU MAKE ME CRY!!!

Eh, I could see a fertility goddess being okay with it in cases where the baby is probably stillborn anyway and the mother's life is in danger if she has it, meaning no more kids later.

Granted, that'd be for cases where you can't find a cleric to fix all that.

We're talking about Lawful Good Paladins here, what you said is not very Lawful Good.

Besides, the loss of a potential child is sad but not smite-worthy, what's unforgivable is the loss of a womb, or the loss of a man's junk, or more importantly (as is the case with all fertility deities) the destruction of a farmland.

Fertility deities loved babies but they loved fields of grain more. They can and often did tolerate abortions but they did not tolerate the loss of arable land.

Weeping Ork is the kind of slaver I don't think I could bring myself to smite.

You know, he probably treats the girls better than the average slaver. Sure, he's teaching them to fuck, but it's a matter of survival in the world of slavery, and really, he probably pulls a few strings every now and then to keep the nastier buyers away from his merchandise. And you just know this Paladin fellow is his business partner and probably treats the girls exactly like a normal paladin would... even when they're fucking.

>Verily, thine eyes should sparkle whilst thou lookest up at thine master and art attending to his rod. Yes, exactly so! Surely this is not your first time, with such skill!

> You know I thought for sure I'd fall, but I just keep rising!

Spread pain and pleasure throughout the land

Punish the chaste with a lash of leather

Teach the virgin worldly pleasures first hand

Sing long the rapturous hymns describing Slaanesh's glories

Stand proud as an exemplar of excess and perfection

>That Codpiece.

I was going to say that a Cleric is probably more reliable than a Paladin for purity blessings and such.

Then you mentioned the training, and I remembered.

Paladins are Charisma based.

>depraved
>sex positive

Underrated.

>How should a paladin in D&D of a depraved love god like Slaanesh act?

You don't know what Slaanesh is, do you?

>Let's play up the sex positive aspects and not so much the COCAAAAIIIIIINEEEE or FINE AAAAARRTTTSSSS AND FOOOOOOD parts of it. You know, free hippy love with an iron fist.

A goddess of Love needs a dude with a sword the same way a harvest god needs a solider, aka they don't.

Love and fertility don't need a military arm because their own purpose for existence doesn't require military might.

Everyone loves, everyone has sex, it's not like there is some comic force trying to oppose love... anywhere.

The only people that could, maybe, have opposition to a love deity is something like a succubi and really the paladin of Bahamut could dispatch that shit easy.

>Harvest gods don't need soldiers

confirmed for never farming on the edge

>love or passion or fertility, not birthing horrific rape-monsters or carving out your eyes because it's a new sensation.

Are-are you saying my little hellspawn isn't the protect of love and passion over his mother's fertile womb ?
As for the carving, it was a one time thing and for goddam sake, it's just a child !! I'll come back at you when YOUR baby got his first claw !!

Make sure you tell that to the bandits and highwaymen that after they take their tithe of your harvest and rape your wife for the fifth time. Or Nuckelavee after he rots your crops and blights your horses. Or the pagan inquisitors after they geld and torture the gay out of your femboy lover Piedro, faggot that you are.

Just because they're deities of love and harvest doesn't mean they're fucking pussies.

On the edge of what? Seriously all civilizations farm, even if some cultures don't worship you as a god they still indirectly give you power.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Everything you just described just falls under the prevue of a Justice/Revenge god of some kind.

At best any Love god is going to grant you boons to charisma so that you can fuck the sheep baggers daughter behind the tavern.

At best the Harvest god is going to bless your harvest to grow bigger.

Doesn't make them pussies it's really that revenge and or strength just doesn't fall in the their prevue.

Doesn't this same logic apply to Clerics?

Not in any good edition.

Sune in Forgotten Realms very much has paladins. Because someone needs to protect temples and pilgrims. And also to dispatch all the ugly bastards that try to make her world less beautiful. Like demons and aberrations and some other idiots.

>WANT VIRGIN? GOT VIRGIN! WANT SLUTTY VIRGIN? GOT THAT TOO.
So what you're saying is that I can buy a girlfriend that can't take half my shit and leave me?

Gods are supposed to care about their followers. Goddess of love won't wait while some followers of justice god get up from their collective asses and start looking for troublemakers. She will send a vision to one of her own followers and tell them to go and make sure that bastards who brought problems will never do it again.

>Gods are supposed to care about their followers.
That's cute.

Don't read forgotten realms, mostly because of it's really overly comic booky feel. Honestly this sort of confirms my overall thoughts about the setting really.

Well yes that's in ideal. But in many D&D worlds they do have interest in having followers. And not protecting them may lead to unpleasant things. Like church crumbling on itself because there is no support from population. And then goddess looks around and there is no one who even gives a single fuck about her.

Than don't read Mythic PF and wizard spells they are much more comic book like.

>Goddess of love won't wait
O-Oh my!
>A male virgin is visited by the goddess of love
>She casually makes herself at home while the man is still getting over the shock of having a literal goddess visit his house
>She only asks him one question: why he doesn't have a girlfriend
>He mumbles something about not having found the right girl and waiting for marriage
>She forcefully kisses him
>The goddess of love won't wait

Literally the only good post in this thread

It seems we have different ideas on what gods do when they are not around their temples. Considering how many fucked up in the head outsiders there are I don't think they have that much time to rest. And even goddess of love has more combat experience than most epic characters.

>WANT VIRGIN? GOT VIRGIN! WANT SLUTTY VIRGIN? GOT THAT TOO. PALADIN FUCK SLAVE IN REVERSE, SO HYMEN GROW BACK, AND STILL HAVE EXPERIENCE OF TWO-COPPER WHORE!!!

Best line of the thread.

>paladin of fertility
So essentially a druid with plate armor?

>What the fuck are you even talking about?
I know I was shitposting, but it doesn't take a linguist to figure out that I was talking about why deities would protect their interests with their holy warriors. Everything I described is an example of a hostile force taking advantage of the products of love and/or harvest, with the point being they are something that is worth protecting.

>At best (insert something dumb here about gods)
Your imagination is shallow if this is the extent of your thinking.

>doesn't fall in their prevue
It's purview, and there's no reason it couldn't. Plenty of gods historically had multiple domains or associations with things other than their main domain, like Baal, Freyja, or Cronus. And even if they don't have other domains, if paladins are a thing in their setting, why would they not employ them to protect their work?

>So essentially a druid with plate armor?
Or a perpetually MILF woman with T H I C C hips who literally cannot stop ara ara-ing.

They would behave like classical/ethical hedonists actually were supposed to act, and not the sputtering retards the Renaissance and modern culture envisions hedonists as

Or even better, an actual Epicurean

Which has nothing to do with being a fucking foodie

Let's try.

First, the obstacles

In medieval times, there were more than a few reasons NOT to go all "free love" with everyone.

A) Contraception wasn't exactly effective or even available for the masses.
So if you are a brave paladin preaching free love, except to be pregnant most of the time.

B) Mariages were an public affair of business and politics as much as of private lovely feelings.
There were the cement of society.
Even for peasants, marrying the daughter of a specific vilain was a way to get some land in the family, along with the goodwill of your in-laws.
Everyone was happy :
The bride's mother knew her little girl would have a roof above her head and a strong oaf to provide food on the table
The bride's father got another son to help him manage his lands and beasts when he would get too old.
The groom's father got future grandchildren and that means his name would be carried on.
The groom's mother got an additionnal help in the kitchen and, eventually, she got another son to take care of her when her husband would die.
And of course, the couple got to fuck like rabbits for a few months while being a lot more free and having their own private space rather than sharing a room with six brothers and sisters.

But for the marriage to have any worth, the man had to be sure (or at least passably convinced) that the children of his wife were also his children.
If said wife was having sex, she would get pregnant eventually (baring few obvious exceptions...). And if she was known for sleeping around, that would cast a serious doubt about who the father of her offspring was.
Which in turn would pose some serious inheritance problems and could result in bloody feuds.
Nobody wants that so the women had to be monogamous or at least be subtle if they weren't.

(cont)

No, that's the difference between clerics and paladins.

Epicureanism is a system of philosophy based upon the teachings of the ancient Greek philosopher Epicurus, founded around 307 BC. Epicurus was an atomic materialist, following in the steps of Democritus. His materialism led him to a general attack on superstition and divine intervention. Following Aristippus—about whom very little is known—Epicurus believed that what he called "pleasure" was the greatest good, but that the way to attain such pleasure was to live modestly, to gain knowledge of the workings of the world, and to limit one's desires. This would lead one to attain a state of tranquility (ataraxia) and freedom from fear as well as an absence of bodily pain (aponia). The combination of these two states constitutes happiness in its highest form. Although Epicureanism is a form of hedonism insofar as it declares pleasure to be its sole intrinsic goal, the concept that the absence of pain and fear constitutes the greatest pleasure, and its advocacy of a simple life, make it very different from "hedonism" as it is colloquially understood.

But this is love we are talking about, a primal human emotion that everyone experiences, every chucklefuck on the planet would do anything they could to help them in love. Even if that god/goddess takes a different face the primal force they are attached to is the same. Every love deity is indirectly connected with one another.

Paladins are a military order that comes together under the banner of a martial deity, they aren't just some chucklefuck who put on armor and declared themselves the champion of some random god.

In what world would a love god be considered a martial deity?

Like I could see someone getting boons from a love god because they fight for someone they love but I have a harder time imagining a serious group describing little hearts in their armor.

Plus if I don't restrict the kinds of deities that people can be paladins of then someone is inevitably going to play the death paladin.

Will do then I suppose

Holy shit did you just make this

C) Most of the population lived in hamlets.
That means that if you went "free love", your immediate potential sexual partners were either relatives or close neighbours.
The former could be an issue if any offspring came out of it. First because the inheritance line would be messed up. Second because on long term, you would end up with much more retards than excepted. And that's not good if you need to work together to survive from one winter to the next.

The latter were supposed to live with you, as in not only next door but also cooperating for the harvests and various taskes before winter.
While some people might completely agree with the "free love" spirit, there's rarely something as genuine with some kind of feeling growing... and that means, eventually, competition, jealousy and such.
There was already a lot of these things inside small villages without the whole "everyone fucks everyone" so imagine how tense it would be.

D) Abortions were a thing but these were usually dangerous for the mother.
If your paladin is preaching free love, she may not care about disturbing the social peace of the village but, as mentionned in A, she'll get pregnant... which will put a slight pause to her adventuring career.
If she wish to end her pregnancy, this might as well kill her as it might kill the baby.
That's a lot of risk for a few one-night-stands...
And while the paladin herself might not mind, most women won't want to take the risk... and therefor won't sleep around because childbirth itself is dangerous enough but if you got to kill the little bastards every odd moon, that makes for a very short life expectancy.

(cont)

And all I'm saying that is Love gods wouldn't really have any interests to secure. It's not like people are going to magically stop loving each other if a god doesn't have a dude in a suit of armor walking around.

Most of the things under B could very well be applied today, but aren't. Like it or not, this is mostly because the welfare state has taken over the duties men once had.

So unlike your contraception argument it doesn't merely apply to "medieval times", it's common sense that applies to any civilization where state power isn't enroaching in the private sphere.

pretty much the only good thing the book of exalted deeds did was give us a proper god of sex
shes chaotic good though so not much help here.

i honestly dont see a paladin devoting themselves to any sort of sex god they would certaintly pay respect to them at times but focusing on them would probably be rather rare.

although i was never big on the idea of palidans being of a good having a preferred god maybe but not total focus on that god

>Depraved
>de·praved (dĭ-prāvd′)
>adj.
>Morally corrupt; perverted.

A paladin of a morally corrupt and perverted god wouldn't really act like any kind of paladin. If you still can't stop getting off to the idea I recommend going for a game of 'Black Tokyo' which might cater to your needs, no questions asked about the internal logic of such a character, as everyone at the tabel are there under the mutual understanding that the game is nothing but an excuse for fetish shit.

On the off chance that you are actually interested in playing a character that combines a sex-positive approach with the tenets of paladins as presented in D&D, I would recommend asking some questions about what defines this god. 'Sex all the time' doesn't really say much. Why is the god sex positive? Maybe it's a pleasure deity, a fertility god as many have pointed out, or a god focused on controlling your own sexuality as part of being a stable and morally good person.
The last mentioned might teach safe sex, consent and boundaries, unravel trafficking rings and kill/arrest sexual predators. Look at gods like Frej (pic related) for a sexy fertility god. Isis, the Egyptian goddess, might make a good sex-positive god of womanhood. She certainly was very popular among women in the Roman Empire.

churkt

>We're talking about Lawful Good Paladins here, what you said is not very Lawful Good.
Heavenquads notwithstanding, you're wrong. Word of Gygax says Lawful Good encompasses killing orc children because they're monsters, it definitely also includes killing abortionists. The idea that it's even remotely okay to have an abortion is totally modern.

>we no longer have to fight, hunt and die for food and reproduction
>this is bad

I mean, I'm pretty obviously oversimplifying, but you can see how people would think this was asinine.

E) Women like to have the monopoly on their man's sexual life FOR GOOD REASONS.

Ask your gf how she feels about free love.
If she says she thinks it's great, bring some context :
How would she feel about it if :
- You were married together
- You had children together
- You had no means of contraception
- You had no means of abortion
- You had no cure for STDs
- You were the only one with a real job
- That job made barely enough to afford a roof above your head and food.

Chances are she would say free love is an abomination.

It might not be as strong today but back then, a woman's social value was greatly linked to her children... or rather to her husband's children.
If she couldn't have children, she would become a burden ("because, bitch, your pies and pussy ain't that special that I'm willing to feed you everyday")
If her children were not her husband's children, the poor guy might felt a bit used, here... and she would become both a burden and an embarassement.
Accidents happen but, most likely, the man would just cast her out and take a mistress. Because better have bastards who have at least SOME claim on the land.
So by having a (mostly) faithfull man, whom only children are HER children, she makes sure she isn't sent back to (now old) daddy with a handfull of additional mouths to feed.
Your woman ain't mad at you because you fuck a whore (well, she might but that's for other reasons).
She's mad at you because you might eventually prefer the whore to her... and that's dangerous for her social position. And if there are kids involved, it's worse.

So, yeah, as long as they don't have at least one healthy kid above age of 10 with clear parentage, most women in a middle age setting won't sleep around for fun if they depend on their husband for food and shelter.
And even so, they will likely stay faithful (or at least pretend to be) because if they go free love, so does their husband and that's an open door for being replaced.

Yeah, I was getting to it.
See :

>- You had no means of abortion
I don't thin fetuses are as durable as you think.

>I don't thin fetuses are as durable as you think.

The fact that it is a primal human emotion doesn't mean that this certain god will continue to exist. Some god of love will be. But one that neglects his duties and followers will lose his powers and the mantle will drift to someone more worthy of this station.

>Plus if I don't restrict the kinds of deities that people can be paladins of then someone is inevitably going to play the death paladin.
If the god of death is not evil I don't see a problem with that. They will travel the world to bring down those undead creatures who defy death and punish necromancers.

F) Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Not as well-known back then as they are today but, since the dawn of time, people have known that fucking a unknown woman who claimed to have had A LOT of sex with A LOT of different people was a BAD idea.
Sure, you could take your chances a few times but, unless you are a soldier who plan on having a short, unmarried life anyway, you avoid it.

Because back then, curing it was hard. And expensive. And rarely healthy for you.
So you don't sleep around.

Which doesn't solve the problem if your wife/husband sleeps around because, now, she/he can just give to you what you tried very hard to avoid getting from others !!

I said women had good reasons to not like when their men go sleeping around.
There's a practical good reason : they don't want to get a putrid cunt as a result of their husband plowing too many bitches !!

Chances to get an STD in a small hamlet are low, even with the occasional affairs here and there.
And when someone get something because his/her relevant someone got that same something from someone else, the tale travels fast and nobody fuck those three... or those four, if patient zero was married too.

Now add free love in the picture :
Every traveler has a go at every young beauty of the village but also has to lick every old crone of said village.
After a few villages and towns, said travelers could as well display a banner with the symbol of Nurgle on it !!

(cont)

That's as far as I can see for major societal obstacles.
For personal ones, if your paladin is a bit brainless, it's limited to pregnancy, kids and STDs.

Pregnancy can be solved through abortion but, as said, not safe. But you are an adventurer so you can be magically healed so who cares ?
Also, you could just play a dude and make a ton of single mothers...

Kids happens if pregnancy hasn't be dealt with as suggested above. You got the choice to foster them somewhere or to have them tag along. While they are cute, they don't do marvel for sneaking into a dungeon when babies.
But they are weak as fuck so expect the problem to solve itself if you are irresponsible enough.

Finally, STDs... and magic healing.
Sure, your average peasant will have crotchrot forever but you ? Once you reach a certain level, it's one casting away to disapear until the next disease-ridden partner you meet.

You could also worship both Slaanesh and Nurgle, spreading more than words.

>all I'm saying
>not mentioning that you were saying harvest gods had no interests to protect either

Anyways, there's plenty of things a god of love could employ paladins for. Let's say an empire takes over some place where courtship is dictated by said love god's commandments and instates their own, which go against said love god's principles. That's a good reason to employ paladins. Or maybe some orcs come in from the steppes and kidnap their women, thus spoiling their relationships. If I were the love god, I'd have my paladins go in and exterminate the greenskins.

Or let's say I'm an even more dubious god of love and have my paladins orchestrate events so the king of one land makes off with the queen of another, spurring war between the two nations as an act of protecting these royals' love. You know, a bit like what Aphrodite did for Paris by manipulating the powers that be to hook him up with Helen of Troy in The Iliad and The Odyssey.

tl;dr Depends on the setting.

I got you senpai

Ah, I love that pic

The most cute and innocent girls that play Veeky Forums are usually the most depraved ones.
Till this day I'm shock at her honest look of disappointment that her character was not raped while captive.

I was not around for this, but I joined a game my friend had been GMing and he told me that a female player who had to drop out shortly before I joined had played a fairly innocent character... up until the point that she suggested harvesting organs from dead bandits to sell.

>Letting people murder their offspring
>Lawful or Good

>There would be no Paladin built around sex
Why not ? It's a positive thing that's essential to life.

The Book of Erotic Fantasy has a section for sex deities and their followers.

The mission would be a bit... limited, no ?
What use do you have to defend and spread sex with a holy warrior ?

Here is the problem with the situation:

>depraved love god like Slaanesh
Depraved gods hide behind notions of "sex releases stress" to hide their true colors.
A depraved love god wants you to go from orgy to orgy until your loins are destroyed, until your brain is hardwired to demand you have sex until you die and treat the mere aspect of not satisfying your sexual need with the same withdrawal a heroin junkie reacts when he can't get his shot. Then the rapes happen.

So no, there can't be anything positive about a "depraved" love deity, for excess sends you straight to the deep end.

They're dead tho they are not uthing thothe partth.

It'th no more objethtionable than taking their bootth and loothe change.

I don't thee the problem.

Isn't a paladin just a warrior in service to a god? Surely all gods want representation, and possibly someone to defend their attributes?

Paladins of the fertility deities become more physically exaggerated in their masculinity or femininity as they progress in level.

The deities themselves are a god and goddess, constantly going at it.

So, love deity always has to suck off some war god when their worshippers need a protector? Wouldn't it be easier to just have their own protectors.

Depends on the edition.

In editions before fourth edition, they're the chosen champion of a Good god. In fourth edition, they're the chosen champion of a god of any alignment. In fifth edition, they're a champion of the cause of righteousness and their powers come from their "commitment to justice."

So pretty much, the only edition where you could be a paladin of a Slaanesh-esque deity is fourth edition. In other editions, you'd have to be an anti-paladin or blackguard or just a fighter or something.