games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Also the "I forgot to name the thread" sub-sub-edition

Posting my post from the last thread. I knew it was soon to be replaced when I posted but what can a guy do?

I am thinking of buying a carnifex brood.

Now the obvious answer is dakkafex, but I get two. I want at least one or both on tank killing detail with crushing claws.

So I was thinking I could kit them both out with
>C. Claws
>Dev. W/worms
>toxin sacs for maximum versatility.
Whicheck gives them both ok dakka and tank killing capability.

Or am I being Dumb? Should I make one a dakkafex and one a tank killer and let them loose?

What do with 2x carnifex?

why are so many models webstore exclusive now on the gw site? theres like 300 some there now

Point of conversation:
Really stupid or cringey rule names and why.

I will start with "look out sir!" Which kind of fotwhen is was a rule in the Imperial Guard codex, but sounds out of place everywhere else.

Especialy when its used by necrons, nids, daemons or beasts.

So they don't have to bother shipping them to stores when they don't sell well.

oh, i gotcha. i thought it meant they were getting discontinued soon, thanks friend

Can a kindly Mathfriend help me out with some statistics?

I'm trying to figure out the likelihood of a devastator squad with 4 gravcannons + grav amp (re-roll failed wounds) and a combi-grav killing a Wraithknight in one round of shooting, assuming the Wraithknight has a 5++ and FNP.

Thank ye kindly.

2/3 hit
5/6 + 5/36 wound
therefore:
64.8% are wounding (2/3*35/36)
2/3 not saved by 5++
so 43.2% remaining
then 2/3 not saved by fnp
28.8% of your shots will deal a wound.
You need 3.47 shots to deal one wound. Extrapolate from there.

I hope for better lore. Replace 15% of unnecessary grimdark with pure metal.

>What are your hopes for 8e sub-editon
That it's a revised edition addressing the true issues of the game and fixes them instead of an aos abomination focussed on money grabbing from retarded people that can't/don't want to remember the rules.

The same happened to unpopular armies before AoS, just saying.

>Just finished my unfinished/untouched models stock take
>time for suicide
- 20x Gargoyles
- 40x Hormagaunts
- 40x Termagants
- 01x Carnifex
- 04x Ripper Swarms

- 01x DE Archon
- 05x Wracks
- 05x Warriors
- 04x Talos
- 01x Ravager
- 01x Razorwing Fighter
- 05x Scourges
- 01x Incubi
- 01x Raider

AoS
- 10x HE Dragon Blades
- 01x Neferata
- 20x Ghouls
- 01x Necromancer
- 01x Vampire Lord
- 01x Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon
- 01x Vargheist

- 01x Slaughterpriest

- 03x Kurnoth Hunters
- 02x Tree Revenents

thats what i was afraid of, i better just buy the models i was going to get for xmas now i suppose just to be on the safe side

>tfw not a weeb
>tfw not WAAC player
>tfw Tau are legitimately my favorite army aesthetically/fluff wise, and static gun lines make me hard
How can I build a Tau army that isn't WAAC or just super cheesy in general?

take the models you like, avoid spamming a single unit, and you'll be fine.

Only use one Riptide, no Stormsurge
Run Hammerheads in TE
Run Fire Warriors
Run the Contingents
Find a meta that is on equal footing with you, or better

That's what I did and I've never been rejected a game.

From what I have overheard on this board optimized stealth is also something to steer away from, though I probably wouldn't run it anyway since the Ghostkeel model is not my favorite. Also
>Run hammerheads in TE
TE? Tau Empire?

Don't go overboard on the more powerful things.

Like a single Riptide or Stormsurge usually isn't too much (keeping points levels in mind).

It's just when you start spamming it that it becomes a problem.

If you are playing against IG then just straight up don't bring a OSC, it nullifies about 90% of their tactics and funnels them down into the few IG cheese routes.

The Optimized Stealth Cadre mainly gets flak because it hits rear armor automatically with it's preposterous "Wall of Mirrors" rule.

That being said, it's perfect if you find yourself up against the Guard player who enjoys parking his tank army with their rear armor against the board edge.

However there are worst offenders as far as formations go in the Tau Codex, such as the notorious Riptide Wing.

Tau Empire, sorry. When drafting the post I was gonna put Farsight Enclaves notes too.

Once you get some games under your belt, you'll get a goood grasp of what is good and what is too good. Just remember that lots of things in 40k is relative in terms of power.
Also there is always the chance that some manchildren will hate you for choosing tau, no matter what. Don't stoop down to their level.

Just dont use suits, or avoid using them.
The bigger the cheesier.

Where is the riptide wing in the codex?Thanks everybody, as always appreciate the input

For all the gripe about Tau, Eldar and Genestealers, I notice people conveniently fail to point out how OP Imperial factions can be.

t. Commander Shadowsun

Like what?
People bitch about drop-pods, grav, relentless grav-cannons, sky hammer and war convocation all the time.

What else do you think should be on that list?

>Where is the riptide wing in the codex?

It's in the Mon'ktau campaign book.

I am just starting Imperial Guard and besides an Ork and DE player everyone else seems to play a form of space marines.
Now I want to build my list specifically strong against marines in general because my first few 750 games have been brutal.
Tactical Marines eat Veterans and the SM Bikes are inside with their movement and fire power.

Knights should be on that list as their an Imperial faction.

No one is afraid of knights anymore, one knight unexpectedly showing up in an imperial list can cause some damage but knights as a unit are not that bad.

The real OP bullshit army that many people forget to mention are chaos daemons.

Whats the best way to do a chaos space marines army?

Call them renegades and use the loyalist book.
Ally in chaos daemons.
Forge world.

Nice digits. You can do that? I had no idea. So I can take a razorback and call it a renegade?

Yeah, you can play loyalists with chaos models and just fluff them as renegades.
You wont get access to chaos specific wargear but it's no real loss, chaos dreadnoughts look way better than hellbrutes anyway.

does a death company squad with chainswords bolt pistols and jump packs, get 6 attacks on the charge?
2 attacks base, +1charge(+2rage), +1 2 melee weapons, +1 hammer of wrath.

Not legally no, but if you are just playing with laidback friends, then you can ask them.

per unit*

>legally
What ya gunna do?
Call the police?

MMilitarum Tempestus, and load out on Scions

^this, hotshot lasguns are made to wreck space marines, all the while still getting 4+ armor saves yourself.

>What are your hopes for 8e sub-editon
That they realize we live in the computer age and just make it a video game
They can put rfid chips in the bases to still sell minis if they insist on that amibo style

i think hes referring to tournament type scenarios

Tabletop simulator is a thing. If 3d printers get better at scanning stuff youll be able to just paste the models in tabletop sim and play with them, the physics are also quite good, main problem is lack of new models since most are ripped from dawn of war.

Cool, thanks for the advice.
I could just buy the Start Collecting box for a full unit w/ Transport, right?
How best to load them out then?
Just keep them all with their hotshot las?

How strong is the Baneblade/shadowsword/any other variant of the baneblade.
Which one is the best allrounder ?
What is the best way to fight a Baneblade for eldar/tau/necrons ?

You're fucked either way if you intend to bring chaos marines to a tounament, it's no loss.

>bane lord
>doom blade
>doom lord
>fell hammer
>fell lord
>fell sword
>hell blade
>hell lord
>hell sword
>shadow blade
>shadow hammer
>shadow lord
What kind of weapons would these have?

40K needs streamlining, but more in so how the rules are accessed rather than and entire streamlining of the rules themselves.

Unit info cards that esp. include rules reminder text for codex AND CORE special rules on them, much like how Magic the Gathering cards have, would greatly speed up beginner and advanced play, as well as an additional card for a codex's army-wide rules.

HAH that is awesome, i want a wing now jesus those rules man.

Its an alright box for value, outfit the taurox with hotshot and auto. Also pay the points get a launcher and buy a sanctioned psyker

Doom Lord might be a command Baneblade, while the Shadow hammer sounds like an artillery version of the baneblade

I really like my Hellhammer, it packs a great punch and has a good array of weapons.
Hellflame Cannon is S10 A1, 7" Blast w/ Ignore Cover at a 36" range
Along with the Demolisher Siege Cannon and an Autocannon.
It really helps against the bikes and other stealthy/cover shenanigans in my meta.

Is the new Kill Team any good?

Nice I will definitely look into that.
Right now I have two Exterminator Leman Russ (one is Tank Commander), 2 Veteran units in Chimeras (usually 3 melta and 3 plas) and two autocannon armored sentinels.

Its quick, simple and easy. The only problem are people that still want to bring cheese units or getting very outbodied because your collection only has elite models.

GREETINGS! Honorable battle brothers and sisters, does someone knows what happened to the old high poly and textured SM models made for DoW vanilla? mainly now that DoWPlanet is dead

Forgot to ask, where should I put the Psyker though?

Do you mean Wyrdvane Psykers or a Primaris one?

the Hellhammer really seems to be the most versatile variant, but what about the normal baneblade ?

Fell/Baneblade, Stormlord, Stormsword and Shadowsword, I would argue, are the most all-rounders. Fellblade and Baneblade offer general dakka, Stormlord offers the transport capacity, Shadowsword the D and Stormsword high Str., low AP Ignores Cover.

Anything in between is a combination of these. Banehammer and Doomhammer offer less transport capacity, but bigger guns. Hellhammer smaller Ignores Cover blast, but on a turret and other guns to boot. Banesword has Barrage, but only AP3. Stormhammer is a lot of dakka in various forms. Stormblade long range plasma blasts with two different strengths and blast sizes.

5 deathwatch vets
drop pod
Land speeder storm
5 devastators
5 assault marines
5 vangaurd marines
5 iron armor marines
5 tartaros terminators
10 more terminators, chaplain, and terminator captain on the way from ebay
contemptor dreadnought
Librarian
20 Kasrkin
chimera
Crassus armored transport
6 sentinels
destroyed sentinel objective marker
Knight Acheron needs to be fixed

And before I'm done with an eighth of those models I'll probably be getting a Knight, another tactical squad, another devastator squad, and a trio of dreadnoughts

Same thing but instead of range 36 S10 A1, 7" Blast w/ Ignore Cover, you get range 72 S9 ap2 apocalyptic blast.

>what about the normal baneblade ?

It wants to sit back and fire apocalyptic blasts all day so you are screwed on a long edge deployment when they will be getting to it at least a turn early.

I was thinking something like that.
Doom hammer equipped with 3 TL earthshaker cannons and then just heavy bolters for defense.

And let's not forget the Tau
30 fire warriors
16 pathfinders
30 drones
7 crisis suits
riptide

Primaris with Divination and never fail to hit again

How effective is chaos daemons? I might do them

Depends on build

They're all pretty strong, as long as you mix gods.

What squad do I put them in?
Should I get one for my tanks too?
That rending power seems great, so do the reroll things.

Yeah, not sure what I wanna do. Any suggestions on what to get first with £300?

Depedns what you want out of it, melee, psyker/summon spam, ect.

>not sure what I wanna do. Any suggestions on what to get first with £300?

Don't just throw money at models people tell you are good. Especially if you go summoning you need tons more models than your actual point level.

Figure out a god or two and come back. Read up on some of their tactics yourself.

If you have no idea?
Khorne start collecting (make sure you build the chariot to be a skull cannon, you can buy a seperate base to put the herald of khorne on)
Nurgle start collecting
Burning chariot (it comes with a free herald of tzeentch)
squad of pink horrors
A greater daemon of your choice to be your warlord

Herald of Slaanesh + Daemonettes if you want to.

I just wanna drink my enemies tears, so any suggestions for a build that will do that?

Gets Hot! has the exclamation point in the name. Should've just been called Overheat.

Eldar

I already do Eldar, and I'm not sure what to do with them as well as I only have the starter set and 2 units of dire avengers. I'm new as you can tell. I'm not sure even if I stuck with Eldar what to get with them.

Then you have to do summoning which means even at 1000points you need a spare ~500-800 more points of models on the side for your summoning options.
I think Nurgle Tzeentch are a good duo.
My Daemon friend uses the tough nurgle troops to hold back line and be tough lil dudes while his Nurgle Prince, Nurgle Drones and Tzeentch Screamers run around the board. Drop in two of the flamer chariots and Soul Grinder and you have his 1500 point list.

Well you are obviously wanting to play a WAAC style so for Eldar that just means more bikes or switching over to a Wraith army.

Loads of different builds are very powerful, even bad units are worth having just so you can summon them in.
Just go with a little bit of everything and buy the supplement for the best powers and relics.

So what do you reckon I get for £300 Eldar wise?

WIndriders

Prepare to be hated for it, hard. And prepare to be hated for it even more when someone hard-counters you with Grav or some indestructible deathstar.

Just windriders?

Farseer Windrider, Wraithknight, 27 Warp Spiders, 3 War Spider Exarchs, n+1 Wind Riders

Yeah if you want to win at all cost all you have to do is field tons of bikes with scatelasers and some of those warlocks or whatever on bikes too.

I hope your meta is fitting of this mentality you have, otherwise you will buy a lot of models and get no games.

I play about 4 games every week, 2 at my local GW

Are you ? Because if you are only getting small games in with that small collection I am sure everything is going fine.

If you have that collection and turn it up to 11 expect sour faces.

Yeah, that's me

Also I field chaos space marines which does not go well with me, which is why I decided to go Eldar

>shitposter
>plays chaos marines
evrrytime

Not even shitposting. I'm a genuine newbie

>the normal baneblade ?

IT IS THE NORMAL BAAAANEBLAADE
olol
don't forget to like and subscribe

To be fair most of those are characters which is logic they were moved to page only since those are pre-plastic characters and older models in need of update are there too.

>Tau literally have a formation called the "Rapid Insertion Force"

Nid player here.

'fexes with crushing claws will be the premier tin can opener. S10 AP2 armourbane is going to wreck everything, especially with their S9 HoW attacks. I was able to one-shot a landraider charging the front. The trouble is getting them there, because they draw a LOT of fire. Use venomthropes and gaunts to improve their cover saves against AP weaponry.

You might also consider the Wrecker Node formation, which I use. 3 melee-only fexes and a warrior brood. D3+1 HoW hits and reroll to wounds of 1. Makes them a little more reliable and more terrifying, letting other units move more freely.

Kitting them with both options is doable but you lose the extra attack/reroll misses that taking both options give you. Also, don't bother with toxin sacs. Since you already wound on 2+, its a 15 point purchase to reroll ones. Not worth it when you're already running a 150 point MC that's drawing tons of fire.

lmao upboat for you my man