Malifaux General

Black Friday Edition

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Topic: What are you planning on getting for black Friday?

I'm getting all the unreleased Bandit models, gotta fill out my Parker crew with all the thematic options, and I also REALLY want the Dead Bandits for Jack Daw. Gonna get the alt Perdita if it's available as well cause I love the model.

Trying to drum up some conversation, what's everyone working on? I was about to start Sue and the Hanging Trees today but the weather is awful for spraying them

Right now I'm priming and painting hannah and I'm planning on getting killjoy and the levi box during the sale

I'm with you there. All I need are the new bandits. But I'd like to get something to paint to keep practicing. Was tempted on picking up a new master plus enough to run a crew, but it's not worth it, so I might rebuy models I did earlier in my painting to get a second crack at it.

First crew with Shenlong glued but not based. I'm starting painting after about three year pause from miniature games and I'm hyped. As an original idea do not steal going to convert and paint Shenlong as Heihachi.

>What are you planning on getting for black Friday?

Terracotta Warriors and Wisps for sure. I already have Nellie and Sandeep and I'll get Zipp when he comes out normally. I might grab the Dead Outlaws and Witchling Thralls as well. It's nowhere near $150 or $300, so I'll probably do a big order with my friends. I only really want the Rafkin alt anyway.

I'm building through my backlog. I've got Nico's crew, Changelings, Witchling Handlers, Barbaros, Bete Noire, and Coryphee left. I just got in some base inserts so I can start painting too.

I asked in the last thread but didn't get any responses. Does anyone know what alt models they have for 10T? I know the have an alt sniper, and wastrel, as well as McCabes box. Are there any other ones?

Just got into 10Ts. Just finished shenlong's box, thunder brothers, and the emissary built and based.

I wish, as a Eurofag, getting stuff through teh BF sale was practical.
But the three-way gangbang on additonal charges to get it to me is just way too far for the sake of a couple of (sexy sexy) Limited Edition models.
And worse, though unsurprisingly, I've seen a couple of responses from Wyrd staff on the forums effectively saying htere will never be a euro warehouse, as it makes no business sense at all for them.

Also I'd feel bad walking into my FLGS with twice the monetary value of models I had last week, most of which would have been bought online.

But I do want that Guild Seargent.

I really want to get the alt McCabe box that will be smoke colored, but IDK if I just want to give them a wash and play them like that or actually paint them up

I'd be more concerned with assembly. I have it in normal plastic and it's a bit of a nightmare, if you will. I can't imagine working with that brittle translucent plastic on such tricky models.

Especially as you will be filling in some tiny gaps, and any putty you use isn't going to be transparent.

The new Guild Sergeant is technically 10T cause McCabe can infiltrate it, but otherwise I'm pretty sure that's it

Does anyone know where to get tiny hats? I want to put them on my void wretches to tell them apart

Make 'em out of Greenstuff

Not as much buying as assembling my first box set. Going to be playing my friend next week.

I was worries that would be my only option. Hopefully it isn't too hard
Which box did you get?

Wong's. I just liked the look of him and Mancha Roja. My mate's got various Neverborn and 10 Thunders bits and pieces. He's also got Von Schill, but he said that it wouldn't be fair to use him against me for my first game.

wyrd has a guns and hats bits sprue you can get. You might have to check eBay though.

I can see the argument. Von Schill's bubble of anti-death AND the freikorps armor would take away the big fun part of Wong. There are ways around it, but when you're learning, you wanna see the cool stuff.

As a tip, my buddy thinks that Focusing so you can cheat for blasts is always the right option.

I'm going to ask in my meta's facebook group. Hopefully I get a response.

Yeah, I've been trying to work out a basic strategy, so thanks for the tip.

At the moment, looking at the cards, I think that the basic idea is to use the Lovely Assistant's Crackerjack Timing ability to try and get a bunch of enemy models together, than use her Accomplice ability to immediately activate Wong so he can blast them. I was also thinking about getting the Lightning Bugs in the general vicinity so they could use Knock It Off, but I've started to think that that would be situational at best, and they'd be better off running around dropping Scheme Markers. As for Mancha Roja, I'd just use him to tie up anything nasty with.

I don't see Mancha much, let me know how it works. But you definitely want to focus shoot whenever you can. Cause Wong loves the blast damage.

Is it true that Carver counts as Killjoy now? If so I'll need to pick one up during the sale

Know what? If he does, I might FINALLY have to pick one up. Replace Aionus' overpriced ass.

Did a demo tonight, got a new player in with Shenlong.

As well I exhibited my utter lack of willpwer and bought the Shadow Emissary, Wandering River Monks, Wind Gamin, and the Forgotten Marshal.

I hate playing everything.

Can Karina summon Phillip and the nanny? It looks like she should be able to but I don't see it on any summoner cards

Doesn't she only summon minions?

Thank you, that's what I was missing

My main issue is also the "walking into FLGS with online brought".
Hopefully they'll go to the store promotion like Francisco just did