Citadel Painting Guides:

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtu.be/OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtu.be/A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtu.be/w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>In the face of death, I shall have no remorse.
youtu.be/N_ZgyNoHtjw

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've never seen Duncan as being smug. Explain.

Always rumembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush!

How is this?

I want to get around to finally painting a bunch of models that have been sitting on my desk.

Given that I've touched them a lot and dust may be on them, I figure I should wash them down first. Any tips on washing the buggers without damaging them? Give 'em a bath with some dish soap?

Always rumembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush

Always rumembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush

Never forget lads. Duncan himself has asked us to remember he doesn't do it alone and that we should remember Rog too.

this meme is way worse than johnny

I thought the Citadel dry line was a stupid waste of money, but it's so much easier to use than regular paint for drybrushing.

It's wet enough that you can get super fast drybrushing that feels smooth and not "oh boy, time to drybrush repeatedly for a long time to get gradual color" that feels like you might be ripping sand off the base, but dry enough that you'll never have the "my drybrush wasn't dry enough" and now I have too much color on the surface problem.

So, my Tau suits are meant to be old, worn, and heavily used. Nomadic force of renegades from a shattered strike force.

What sorts of decorations should I stick on them? Pouches, magazines, canteen, rifles in slings/holstered pistols... Trophies too, I imagine. And where would I find this stuff besides the guns and some of the pouches on the FW sprue?

What is the best guide to follow for an absolute beginner? I've ordered some reaper paints and plan to paint some skellies from the old D&D board game first.

IG infantry are the ones that have this kind of stuff. You can also add things like claw and fang necklaces or feathers on strings.

I enjoy the decorative bits by Anvil Industries. They have lots of guns, ammo pouches, grenades ect that look good and are pretty cheap.

anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

I would also suggest getting a Tamiya weathering kit. They work extremely well.

I'm find this to be the casee for a lot of GW stuff which is really scary for me

Why does it seem like your picture is foggy?

Its a result of me messing with my phone camera. It takes massive and detailed photos as seen before, but when I held it near the mini it could not focus. I tried pulling back a bit but I felt that this mini looked small, so I tried zooming in ever so slightly. The zoom is the cause of the fogginess. Tomorrow I will try taking pictures again.

Also I figure that no one saying anything about my painting means that its okay.

You know, all this memeing about Duncan isn't for nothing. Go look at some of WarhammerTV's guides for painting various things.

Buzz Buzz.

Heya chuck!

I'm not good with painting metallic, so I decided to test myself by starting iron warriors because I'm an idiot. This was done with leadbelcher spray, earthshade wash, nuln oil, drybrush of necron compound, edge highlighting and scratches using runefang steel, and then did some oil and grease trails on selective places using Typhus corrosion.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, a little low on the contrast which is how I like to paint usually, but I think it looks gritty and natural, and relatively fast to paint.

Obviously I'll put more work in for the independent characters, I'm thinking I'll just do layering, since I have no idea how blending works with metallics, but still undecided on what technique I should use for them.

Good job man, How did you do the hazard stripes?

Base coat of Iyanden Darksun, which I don't think exists anymore, it's basically a really dull yellow base paint, the closet you'll get now is Averland Sunset. Wash with Earthshade, and then while the wash is still wet, blending in another later of Darksun, and that's it

I'm familiar with Anvil and like them a lot.

Followup: Are there any reasonably priced bits stores that aren't junk? I need to get a pile of Kroot rifles, a Ghostkeel jetpack, and that sort of thing. But at $1/rifle and $4 for the pack, it seems a little... I dunno, steep?

Allright, I'll check those videos. I hope they don't focus on specific GW products too much though. I already got their primer but I plan to use paints from other brands.

>I hope they don't focus on specific GW products too much though.

Too bad, retard. You expect promotional videos from a company to advertise competitors' products? Fuck, why are there so many fucking retards these days.

Since I couldn't get a game in, which is unfortunately the usual, I finally made a dent in the two imperial sectors the store bought for me to assemble. Pic related is part way through. I couldn't get a pic of the total I finished cause I was more or less rushed out the door.

>I plan to use paints from other brands.
GW has some good colors. Do not limit yourself just because "muh gw overpriced shit" meme

>imperial sector
How is that set? I was thinking of getting one and a fat mat (pic related in specific) for my gaming group.

The green bedsheet and cardboard boxes we're using now are starting to get to me. Plus, I feel like having good terrain will actually get us to paint our models.

It's actually pretty sweet and very modular. See those panels? Those are the walls and you can pretty much build them how you want it. Unfortunately, the buildings in the picture are pretty baseline, but the ones I built after, I branched out a little. Shame that I can't make it to the shop until Friday night for more pictures.

Anyway, those panels, and the floors are what make the structures themselves. The floors come in strips of 4, 3 whole and 1 damaged, which have different styles of floor on either side. There's also 3 sets of wall, which are pretty cool.

Iirc, they're expensive, but there's a lot of customization to them, especially if you have 2 sets like my LGS owner got. The first box got me 4 big buildings, and the second is easily getting me twice as many smaller buildings.

Huh, sounds pretty neat.

I'll admit I was worried that the three building you had in your pic were two boxes worth of the set. I'm glad it comes with a decent amount of materials.

How is the actual mold quality?
I know GW plastic is pretty top notch nowadays, but I've got a few of the older sets and I was less than impressed (warped plastic, mold slippage, etc).

>Always rumembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush!

Do Scion beret heads look okay on normal shock troops?
Do they even fit?

Nah, that's about 3/4 of the first box. The tiles on the table are the manufactorum tiles (hence the ad mech symbol). I got a decently sized 2 story ruin out of it.

As for the quality, they're from 2005, which is on the sprue. The actual tiles are thick enough that I have noticed very little warping, though there is some there. There was also a little bit of slipping in places, but I doubt anyone would notice because everything else is so large. Mold lines are still a thing, as evident by the shavings. They're not bad, but they're proportional.

Sounds like a pretty good deal then. I'll try to scrounge up the money for the box sometime soon.

Thanks for the info, man.

No problem. I was surprised how much I got out of them myself. There's also a ton of extra stuff to play with, too like lamps and decorations.

My new project--some Dreamforge Valkir troops with Statuesque Minis heads.

Gonna make a couple squads' worth, and use them in Killteam games.

This combo is such shit, I don't know why so many people like it. At that point it's not even SoB anymore, you're just an all-female army in armor fetishist. The heads aren't even good looking.

I'll be laughing like crazy and we'll see how really dedicated all these Dreamforge SoBfags are when Raging Heroes and GW's platsic SoB models exist.

Different guy, but I've been playing SoB for an long time. The only 3rd party that looks worth getting to me are the Grishank.

>look at this faggot, buying the product he wants from vendors who actually sell it. It's like he doesn't even want to 40k

I love the way they look, but the "anonymous Russian on Facebook" business model makes me leery. Especially for experimenting with an abandoned faction that may turn out to be unplayable.

People have posted stuff they've ordered before. It looked pretty good.

>Want to get an airbrush
>Tell my sisters I'd like one for Christmas, as I normally have no idea for them what to gift me
>"Ha, knew you were gay user"
>Apparently it's used for makeup application

Wouldn't that be nocive? Makeup particles flowing all over the place and stuff?

I have been building BoP minis to add the the ridiculous backlog I already have.

Haven't painted anything in over a month.

120 space marines just became 150...

Spent Saturday at my Dad's house helping him with DIY and all Sunday tidying my flat.

I gave my hobby desk a real good clean so hopefully it puts me back into painting mood.
Hopefully I can bash the custodes out next weekend as I am pretty hyped to paint them and should bring me back into the mood.
I just got some Vallejo Gold to replace the shit citadel Gold paints at the recommendation of anons here.

Thanks for reading my blog, make sure to like comment and subscribe.

>those practically identical designs, including bolters

That's a C&D waiting to happen

Hey im pretty new can anyone give me tips on painting Genestealer skin and a nice colour for the carapace other than black?

Well im calling this fella done. Just need to touch the candles but whatever. I learned so much painting this while following the painting budda tutorial. Thoughts?

really nice. also what tutorials?

center highlight on his banner's sword is a bit thick/rough

otherwise looks nice, though the sigmarine text scrolls look ridiculous even with a good paintjob

Patrician job user. Saw you start, happy to see such a good finished product. Now do this for your whole army. DO EEEEEET.

Just look up painting Buddha on YT. They also did a tutorial for splendid Calth UM.

Are you me? I also have 150 marines to build and paint, and spent the weekend helping my folks and cleaning my desk.

Hey, if you want to improve the chevrons, get Tamiya 2mm masking tape. It makes them so much easier, mate.

I have something similar on my tau kill team, the kroot bits are awesome

I've done a bit more on my Lifthawk, it'll be finished eventually.

if I'm using Super Clean to strip minis will I notice a difference between regular model primer and spray paint, or is my Super Clean becoming shit after only a few minis.

What sort of gear would a tank crew have on the outside of their tank? I know real world tanks had sandbags, track links, crew's bags, etc. What about, say, a Leman Russ? Plasticard armor plates?

Reminds me of Mary Ann, the scavengers' plane in Gunhed, which is meant to look like a B-17.

>What about, say, a Leman Russ? Plasticard armor plates?

Does your Leman Russ have the "Extra Armour" vehicle upgrade?

IG tanks are basically ww1/ww2 tanks. Just look through some old photographs and copy what you see basically.
2nd and 3rd edition hobby material and codecies also had some material on how to customize your tanks.

Someone post infantryProtection.jpg

Probably. What are they made of?

Even better, these models go for $28 for 5 models with bonus parts for combi-weapons.

OH GOD WHY - He ruined all my models

what?

>all my models
If it didn't look good the first time, why did you do it again?

Reposting.

>Duncan will never present a grimdark version of Art Attack with Ferrus Manus as the Head.

I use 50/50 rakarth flesh, and genestealer purple as basecoat.

Then watered down purple wash in the recesses only (do it twice if needed). Then re-highlight with the basecoat.

It does come out pretty bright compared to the GW stuff though. if you're after something duller maybe use more rakarth, less genestealer purp.

its a video about dry technical paint

Working on making my ratlings ready for winter.
One more to go, but damn is greenstuff tiresome

Are that the ugly painted ones (now stripped) from one of the last threads?

So, I'm a total noob when it comes to painting.

I've seen people base, shade and then drybrushing the base paint again but it seems rather dirty.

Other people base, shade and then basepaint again. But how do I know where to apply the base again?
I know crevices etc. should stay shaded, but I'm honestly worried about it looking weird.
Same with highlighting.

Any advice?

Are the any sites that sell conversion beamers?

Can't find anything really cool myself.

> I'm honestly worried about it looking weird

What I do is use a hard light (like my room's incandescent lightning) and then look at the miniature too see where the light brightens (highlight these!) and where the shadows grow (leave these in the basecoat, add shade to the recesses in these areas to simulate the shadow).

Generally speaking we highlight based on the 'halo of light' technique where there's an imagined ring of lights around the miniature, shining down and around it.

> drybrushing

It's good for textured surfaces like Space Wolf pelts, scales, chainmail, etc. Drybrushing flat armour panels can get very messy very quickly (though you can do it lightly to get some weathering effects easily). For weathering flat panels I prefer stippling.

For an inquisitor right? I'm curious which model you are going to use for that inquisitor

>But how do I know where to apply the base again?

Everywhere but in the deepest folds.
See pic related for example.
You don't have to be 100% precise for that.
Highlights go on the highest spots and you want to do it a little more neat than with the re-applied basecolor.

If you do armored minis like Space marines you want to be more clean and neat though.

In the end, just try and experiment.

>But how do I know where to apply the base again?

Apply the basecoat colour over the parts where the shade sticks out too much.

Look at the feet between the third and fourth pictures of this collage. In the third picture, I had slopped on too much Seraphim Sepia on trying to get a nice dark yellow around the ankles, but by the fourth picture, I had that all covered up with another layer of Averland Sunset.

I couldn't believe those sprues are over a decade old. I'm a real fan of them. The only downside is that you only get 4 end pieces per kit, so they're not great for making multiple smaller ruins.

Not sure how (problem exists between chair and keyboard?) the small version of that picture got attached. You can't see what I'm talking about.

Yep!

Is White Scar simple white?

I want to highlight pallid wych flesh and heard highlighting with white can look bad

Actually for a techmarine.

Yeah, it's a straight-up, anglo-saxon, protestant white. I think it looks fine as a neat highlight, but you could mix it 1:3 with Pallid Wych Flesh if you prefer?

Always rumembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush.

Is Druchii violet the new Agrax Earthshade?

Ceramite White and White Scar are both pure white, they just have different formulation to make perform as base and layer paints respectively.

Can you highlight silver? Also I painted my Doom Eagles with the old Mithril Silver and I'm curious to know if Stormhost Silver is a good replacment for it.

>highlighting with white can look bad
Only if you're jumping straight to white from a richer color. White is the proper highlight for an off white color like that. If you're worried mix a little bit of the flesh tone into the white first.