In terms of relative or equivalent size between WHFB and 40k units, is this correct?

In terms of relative or equivalent size between WHFB and 40k units, is this correct?

>State Troop/Regular Human = Guardsman/Regular Human
>Chaos Warrior/Chosen/Orc Big 'Un = SM/CSM/Ork Nob
>Ogre/Minotaur/Monstrous Infantry in general = Obliterator/Centurion/Battlesuit

Make the eldar slightly shorter and the human slightly less of a manlet, and you're basically there. Ork nobs (and other orks, really) vary enormously in size, so it's hard to say.

No. Eldar are supposed to be tall. I'd actually say make the space marine, terminator, and nob a bit shorter. Either that or make make eldar slightly taller and normal-ass human taller as well.

Eldar are really tall bro.

Humans find them pretty intimidatingly swole.

The Nob needs to be taller. They're usually bigger than Marines.

Why do these orks pull such a long face?

>is this correct?
no

If you ignore the laughably inflated space marines, it might be in scale.

This. People often misunderstand it when Eldar are depicted as lithe and nimble. They are around 2m tall and well built usually. Think a slim professional athlete

Damn, I just realised something. Where the hell do Orks get their pants and other textile stuff from? They're too big to be looted from humans and I can't imagine tailor-boyz existing.

>Everyone is talking about the picture instead of the post in the OP.

Is it true what is said in the OP though?
>State Troops are equivalent to Guardsmen
>Chaos Warriors and Orc Big 'Uns are equivalent to SM/CSM and Nobz
>Monstrous Infantry are equivalent to Obliterators/Centurions/Crisis Suits

nobz are a bit bigger than big uns (who used to have a 40k equivalent in skarboyz)

>Push the marine down too eldar height (or there abouts)
>Terminator should be the height of the space marine shown
>Nob should be the size of the terminator shown

Marines, in armour, are 7 foot.

Mushroom leather?

I have no issue imagining Tailor Boyz. In a fight they would just be another one of the Boyz, if one armed with a pair of Choppa Scissorz.

Ok, now I have to convert one of them up for my army.

Orks generally enslave other races and commandeer the industry of planets they conquer. That's why you don't see many Orks building or working in factories.

But generally one can consider Obliterators, Centurions and Crisis Suits to be 40k's "Monstrous Infantry", right?

Orks take with them a whole ecosystem which thrives and takes over wherever they go, we're talking all sorts of plants and animals as well as orks and grotz and the orks get everything they need from here.

Squig-leather

I don't understand why people always want to make termies that much taller. The only reason they have any more height is that hunch-hood thing they have. The marine inside isn't any bigger than a normal marine, unless there's something special about him.

Grots deal with fungus agriculture and squig husbandry, so they'd probably handle textile manufacturing or tailoring jobs as well. Failing that Gretchins are smarter but still bottom rung on the Ork hierarchy, so them getting stuck making clothes could be possible.

Pants squig.

thats a very tall guardsman

I thought they were taller because their Titans (usually) stand taller than their Imperial or Ork counterparts.

You're probably right.

Squigs
There is a squig for almost anythng

Orks are generally taller than humans, with Nobs standing over Marines easily.
Warbosses, to my mind, should go up to dreadnought size.

wat

Please tell me that face-eater squigs can wrap their tails around peoples' necks like facehuggers.

What if a pants squig bites your Nob's knob, though?

Berserker rage

Wonder if they ever try frying parasite hunting squigs and eating them like popcorn.

The Titans in 40k usually mimic the height characteristics of the race who built them.

For instance, Eldar Titans are taller than Imperial or Ork Titans, Imperial Titans are taller and broader than Eldar Titans and Ork Titans are broader and wider than either Imperial or Eldar Titans (but can get bigger over time, much like Orks can).

It looks fine to me