>Mage 2e Errata
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
>new mega
mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw
Last week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/pre-election-day-coverage-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Fan Theories on the Origins of splats

Wasn't Dark Eras supposed to ship already?

Playing VtM and our party somehow got roped in to working with a Black supremacist group

Help

Ghoul the leader and use them to cause riots to distract the police when you need to.

The leader is already either a ghoul or some supernatural thing, I think.

That, or he for some reason knows about kindred but is just a mortal

#NoLivesMatter

It has.

Oh good! I mean, I'm still waiting but at least now it is waiting with a purpose.

watch out user maybe this is an undercover hunter

He had a vampire with him in their base of operations (of course some run down suburban house), so I kind of doubt that he's a hunter. One of the party members (a ghoul) already knew him, but was very vague in who he was. Though we have encountered hunters twice already (maybe thrice, but I'm not sure if they were hunters or just absurdly well armed goons) so who knows.

>Fan theories on the Origins of splats

The vampire subculture of New York swear up and down that the first edition of Vampire the Masquerade was based loosely on them and the other darkwave characters that frequented The Succubus, a place in New Jersey. This is a decent conspiracy theory, but it ignores the obvious influence that cinema had on the game (F.W. Murnau's "Nosferatu", "Near Dark", "Lost Boys" and "The Hunger" to name a few).

I don't know how you were able to type that out without bursting into laughter after the first six words.

Based on what I know of VtM 1e, they sound like a very sad bunch.

Question: Which books are compatible with Chronicles of Darkness vs 1st edition New World of Darkness? Is there a place they're listed, or do I need to open each book and check?

Rate my requiem blood Line
>Gangrel bloodlines in the Florida swampland
>can only take reptilian/amphibious traits with protean.
>obfuscate us fourth trait
>weakness is they can't fair well in nonhumid climate

A good rule of thumb is, the fluff hasn't changed that much/ at all; but anything that gives you mechanical stuff, like merits, might need to be reworked

There are conversion books for vampire and demon and probably also werewolf

>Lizardmen
Without seeing anything else, It's workable

I see, thank you. Do you know if there's a conversion guide somewhere? For if, say I wanted to convert Mortals for the Purified or whatever?

Are rank 1/2 spirits intelligent?

What's your favorite official oWoD/nWoD art? Pic related is one of mine.

Because being a single, NEET basement dweller with dubious hygeine that lives on Veeky Forums is just soooooooooooo much classier, right? Let's all point at them and laugh, it might make us forget the hollow meaninglessness of the post-midnight hours and how increasingly lonely we all feel despite how many people we talk to online.

Bow down to Bradstreet.

average/10

How naive am I for hoping that Geist 2e will be good?

Very. But so am I.

What can a geist actually do? There's no interest in the splat in my local area.

Be a punk ghostbuster or an Underworld explorer, I guess. They could work with hunters if they were toned down quite a bit.

I loved Geist 1e.
Sure, it was a little barebones, but the spirit was there. I don't mean to rattle anybody but I'm not holding my breath for 2e. Their current work is a dead giveaway that the outlook will surely be grave.

Sin Eaters are the actual splat, geister are only the passengers in them.
What can they do? Well, they're natural necromants who are harder to kill than a mummy. That lends itself great to playing ghostbuster and dealing with other death-influenced supernatural critters. That's… about it, really. It's more interesting than it sounds.

I loved 1e for its urban atmosphere. The endless siesta thing actually bored me — come the fuck on, there's a whole splat focused on death and the only thing they ever want to do is masturbate to the fact that they're alive? — so a change in tone is only welcome from my perspective. I just hope it won't be Vampire-lite in terms of pointless angst.

Do you mean geist the creature or the splat you play as?
In Geist you play as sin-eaters which are humans who die, but make a pact with an ancient dead thing, which is the titular geist, to return to the world of the living, but they now have to share their bodies with the spookum bookum. The upside is that sin-eaters are now connected to the world of the dead and can see and help ghosts and shit, while their geist also gives them access to a plethora of spooky abilities like the ones you typically see in horror movies. The downside is that geists are usually pretty old and pretty fucking dead, so they don't act by typical human mannerisms and customs, so sometimes they'll want to do weird shit in your body like burn down a forest or fuck a squirrel's eye socket.

> sometimes they'll want to do weird shit in your body like burn down a forest or fuck a squirrel's eye socket
I see this mentioned all the time in discussions, but no matter how many times I retread the splat book or BotD, I never saw any mention of that. Can you give me a source?

Last thread.

The only question left is how you're going to handle the inevitable disappointment as OPP carry on with the cocaine-fueled overconfidence and hubris that drove White Wolf Gaming Studios Atlanta straight into a takeover.

Vampire Masquerade licensed votive candle anyone?

he's probably just paraphrasing

Geists don't remember what it's like being alive and having a body, so the moment you hit synergy 0, they'll have a lot of interesting ideas of what to do with your body.

I was just giving random radical examples there.
A more likely actual scenario I guess would be something like, maybe the geist wants to experience some radical life shit, so they want you to go fuck a prostitue with aids or something, and if you disobey it's not the end of the world, but you lose some synergy points. If your synergy gets way too low then you and the geist start fighting over the body and shit gets real bad.

It would be better if they had more titles for less splats. How many monsters in the Chrod now, 13 plus variants? That's a lot of bases to cover. Even WW back in the day had to drop projects that failed to meet expectations (Mummy the Resurrection, anyone?)

Again, I failed to find any mention of such behaviour exhibited by a heist being normal. I often miss giant chunks of text, but this one I searched for for the better half of a decade, so if you would enlighten me as to the exact source for this, I would be grateful.

Has anyone actually tried making True Brujah DIO?

> less splats
Fewer.
> That's a lot of bases to cover.
Considering that most splats are only planned for a limited run and have to be updated only with a new edition, it's really not.
The actual problem is OPP's utter inability to keep up with its schedule. They can cut on projects all they want, they still have trouble issuing even the most basic of stuff on time.

Considering how pathetically weak Temporis is, I really don't see the point even if you make Dio third gen or something.

They can't promise a deadline, so they don't set deadlines and releases in stone. It's why it's always denoted as a seasonal rather than month/day/year. It's just a realistic approach to uncertain conditions. As writing is as much a art as it is a science, The production guide is a lot more helpful than people give it credit

> They can't promise a deadline
And that's exactly the problem. It took, what, three years to get EX3 released when they planned to do that in four months, and it still had unfixable design flaws. OPP seriously needs to sort its shit out, seasonal schedules or no.

It's at the end of Active Mage Sight section.

I thought the vampire conversion books were 1e. Is there something newer?

I think that considering qualities of 1e, there is huge chance it will be better than that.
Although tbqh I think my biggest problem with that was the theme. It didn't feel much entertaining to me.

or you could learn patience, enjoy what you have, celebrate when it comes out, and stop acting entitled

Are you an OPP employee? What the fuck is your problem?

Yeah, that was a shitty example on my part. Most discord triggers are just life and death related.

I remember reading somewhere that since a geist wants to use your body to experience life again, the geist will occasionally want you to do weird shit, but I'm re-reading the entire book right now and I can't seem to find it again.
I'm getting a real Berenstein Bears effect right now.

> a geist wants to use your body to experience life again
That's not the case with most geister, especially considering how they're supposed to be inscrutable down to their motivations?
> I remember reading somewhere
See, that's what I was getting at: I saw claims of geister interacting with their hosts like that ever since the splat book first went into print, but I never managed to get a source for even a single such claim, and that's considering that people are talking about it as if it's an established game mechanic! I'm really curious as to the source of this rumour.

Page 22. Fluff section goes on about it for a page or so. Probably mentioned in other places too, but 1st edition is allergic to tables of contents, so I'm not hunting further.

A Space arcana chapter in which the players learn of the existence of and explore part of the micro-verse entire planes of existence hidden in the quantum foam of planck length's.

Awesome or not?

No, I know that there was a hint of geister making active suggestions to their hosts in the book, I'm wondering how it came to be so prominent in the community when there is nothing but that short part in the whole book.

Not that guy but:

I've been waiting for my Exalted book for 3 years now.
I've been waiting for Wraith 20 for a few years now too.
I've been waiting for Dark Eras for a while too.

All my enthousiasm for Exalted has pretty much died over the course of those three years.
The game-group I wanted to Dark Eras or W20 for has moved away.

The two groups I'm in only want to play D&D. The only WoD thing I still do is play a one on one Mummy campaign with my GF.

This and Beast pretty much killed any enthousiasm I had for starting something new from OPP.

>unfixable design flaws
Such as?

It's actually a common enough idea that it's surprising that sci-if hasn't done it to death and beyond already. As for whether it's awesome, that depends on what's in the dimension. As long as you make it clear that it's only a dimension and not a complete world that's essentially separate from ours, there's no reason it can't work.

>> less splats
>Fewer.

Fewer than less than 13? So, like, just one or two?

Everything to do with charms, for one. Combat mechanics, too, as they don't encourage, but explicitly demand that all combat situations be drawn out for as long as possible for no purpose other than make dice fuckery all the more boring. Craft system is hilariously easy to exploit. Other things I don't even remember. There's so much that EX3 has done wrong that trying to fix would result in rewriting the whole thing from scratch. I seriously am confused as to what did the writers spend all those years on.

I seriously don't understand if you're stupid or just shitposting.

>or you could learn patience,
you could learn to suck my dick grandpa
> enjoy what you have,
The unbroken parts?
> celebrate when it comes out,
By all means, let us celebrate mediocrity.
> stop acting entitled
Fuck you. We're the paying public. We're allowed to criticise a book that we pay through the nose for and have exhibited brand loyalty for 20+ years over, only to discover typos, missing pages, poor editing, shitty art and broken mechanics. If you think asking for an unfucked product is asking too much, I have a broken car to sell you, and you better not complain that it doesn't even move on the flat you entitled shit.

I think he's upset we're not openly fellating the writers of OPP and WW. Probably the same little bitch that cries whenever anyone points out what a fucking scam Mage 20th was.

Never read M20, what's wrong with it?

That makes you the stupid one, don't it?

It don't.

How long have you got?

Overpriced for what it was; artwork was mediocre and largely irrelevant; Reads like the editor was drunk, high on meth or fired early; Sidebars, sidebars everywhere, especially when the text could have been included in the body easily; whole pages of anti-modernistic rants and the author's occult theories that don't even affect the game (this one in particular is pretty shitty given they had to leave things out due to space concerns); The Technocracy are more diverse and have less of a glass ceiling than the Traditions based on artwork; The idea of Foci is completely broken (everything can now be cast with Yoga regardless of paradigm); Name changes that don't stick; 20+ books of data smashed together regardless of contradiction or redundancy; Purple Paradigm; Magic section (HEART of the game) so broken it needed a follow up book.....

I could go on.

People don't think it be what it is, but it do.

-- Mark Rein-Hagen

I suppose you're enjoying your Trump America I see

You'll make New friends user. A new book isn't going to stop from making a game to play

I'm thinking of designing a group of changelings from the New Orleans area and I want to dip into Voodoo for some of the local Courts traditions and culture but I'm sort of struggling on finding which courts to make practitioners of voodoo.... Anyone have any suggestions?

I figure Autumn would be a good fit, and that these would be more of the Hollywood-style voodooists. You know the sort, skull make-up, flinging curses, raising up zombie servants and sticking pins in dolls. The trick is finding the true believers from those who've just adopted the religion to suit their needs.

But does anyone have any other suggestions that would make good Voodooists?

> The Technocracy are more diverse and have less of a glass ceiling than the Traditions
Isn't that the whole point? The Traditions at the very best are reactionaries, and more often than not are literal fucking fascists, at least when it comes to their ultimate goals.
> The idea of Foci is completely broken (everything can now be cast with Yoga regardless of paradigm
You mean that paradigma ever mattered, especially when it came to Foci? This is nothing new, actually.
As for everything else: well, shit, I guess. Never was a fan of MtAs, anyway. Saved me the disappointment, I guess.

I am that user, M20 is shit, and I'm pretty vocal about it. BSryatus is a fcking hack.

I have a real problem when Anons complain about a process they know nothing about. It's like complaining the Sun rising in the morning and Setting in the Evening.

Complain about systems all you want. That's something TG/ can see and understand. You can't complain about a "Late" Release when the book was never guaranteed to be released at all.

> I'm sort of struggling on finding which courts to make practitioners of voodoo
Obvious Autumn is obvious. You already know that that's the answer.
> The trick is finding the true believers from those who've just adopted the religion to suit their needs.
Why, though? I can hardly think of a process more faith-busting than getting abducted by a fairy and stewing in Arcadia for a while.

I'd say make the practice of Changeling Voodoo separate from the Court system.
Perhaps even make it a highly prominent Entitlement. Or even entitlements.

Well that's just because I think that the true believers would have more to their skills than "ooh spooky zombies" and the like.

There was going to be a Entitlement really connected to voodoo and rituals, acting as sort of a bridge between the Autumn Court and.... Well whichever other court uses Voodoo.

We were told that the whole point of stepping away fro large-scale printing runs was so that OPP weren't subject to specified deadlines, and could push a book back so it could be released when it was ready.

Despite this, books are released late AND broken.

>everything to do with charms
You're gonna have to be more specific "Half the game"

>Combat mecanics
most people like the combat mechanics, they make fights suitably dramatic as opposed to just the rocket tag of prior editions.

>Craft
For something unfixable there sure are a lotta fixes floating around. Not that that matters when your apparent problem with it is one that is solely yours. Seriously, the investment it takes for Craft to be "exploitable" is so high it's no longer really an exploit.

>Other things I don't even remember
a non-statement

EX3 ain't perfect, nowhere near it, but it's not so broken as to be "unfixable".

>Temporis
>weak

Wh... what? What's not to love about Celerity (already a monstrously powerful discipline) But Better?

How do Werewolf get renown in Forsaken 2E? Do they summon lunes like in 1st? Or they just "level up"?

I really want to play the vtm games but have never played a tabletop before. Does it require much creativity? Is there any point in playing it online?

They do epic deeds.

>Purple Paradigm

What?

Just remembered the Entitlement; those Wax Mask changelings who act as party planners and so on. I figure they would be a good fit.

>They do epic deeds.

And then what? They have to summon a lune or a moon beam hits them and they level up like World of Warcraft?

again user. "Late" is subjective. If anything we're getting the online releases on the Day their print copies are good to go. A lot earlier. Not to mention updated erratas online.

Broken is also subjective. But you can honestly make and build a case to say this or that a system is broken.

We live in a gold age of information. user, but remember where our history was, and you will get a fresh perspective on the progress that's been made.

And like all producers if their products faultier, their are other producers

I'm not doing a fucking sales pitch to you. You decide that you're going to ignore the problems with the product — that's your decision, one that I don't respect, but can't change, either. Playing coy and demanding that I keep talking until you find something in my words that will make you feel justified in discarding everything I said isn't a game I'm going to be a part of. Have a good day.

So uh

Is there a VtM module that covers the freeing of the Harbinger of Skulls from that one tomb?

Ever since I read the Cappa clanbook I wanted to run a storyline featuring that. Now I realize that canonically all it took was a revenant to open it, but I think it would be a hoot to run a chronicle that features heavily the meta storyline of WoD and includes such.

> If anything we're getting the online releases on the Day their print copies are good to go
What does it fucking matter? Are you even aware of what you're saying?
> Broken is also subjective
All right, if you aren't an OPP shareholder or at least employee, then do humanity a favour and kys.

>Makes blanket statements
>Refuses to back them up with arguments and details
>Insults and accuses you for wanting more information

Yeah that's classic Veeky Forums debate tactics alright. Way to go user

The Purple Paradigm, in a nutshell, is “Magick is the Use of Enlightened Will to Alter Reality”. It's the notion that no matter what a mage thinks he's doing, this is what he's really doing. In the first two editions, raising Arete and abandoning foci (what are now called instruments) were seen as gradually abandoning your personal paradigm and adopting te Purple Paradigm in its place; MRev and M20 have shifted that so that a mage continues to believe in hir personal paradigm (called her Focus in M20) all the way to the end, because Belief is an essential ingredient of the personal paradigm/Focus, and when you stop believing in your magick it stops working.

The Purple Paradigm should be a thing; but it shouldn't be the OOC Ultimate Truth of Mage: the Ascension. Rather, it should be what the Traditions believe. The belief that it's all just willworking and that personal paradigms are like training wheels that should be dispensed with as the mage matures is the glue that holds the Traditions together, the common ground that lets them express a diverse assortment of Practices while still being able to cooperate with each other. So it's a highly valuable belief.

But treating it as an iron-clad fact means that anyone who doesn't buy into it (such as the Technocracy or most of the Disparates) is fundamentally wrong. Which is fine so long as the Traditions are the de facto protagonists and you want them to have a clear rightness to their cause. But if you want to muddy the waters a bit and say that, e.g., the Technocracy might actually be right about the true nature of reality? Then the truth of the Purple Paradigm should remain unverifiable, or at least unverified.

Print copy = Final copy after final edits = the print the Printer uses to make the final Printed Book . If you're having trouble reading These Printed Words on Your Screen. Hit the PrintScreen Button on you keyboard and then Print it out on a Printer. and then read it.

>> Broken is also subjective
>All right, if you aren't an OPP shareholder or at least employee, then do humanity a favour and kys

Again not making any arguments and attacking the poster and not the message. Classic

You know when you do that you concede that the message is true right?

Celerity gave you its dots in turns for a BP. Temporis gives you half that when you obtain the fifth dot, and trying to mix that with lower tier disciplines, which are completely useless, gives you several points of aggravated damage (you know, that thing that you're supposed to avoid like literal sunlight), and attempting it with higher tier disciplines instantly disintegrates you, period. And the higher tiered disciplines aren't even that useful: the ability to rewind time is, what, eighth or ninth dot, and it gives you several points of aggravated damage for each time you do it, and the only use it has considering the price and limitations is preventing the deaths of your allies, which, at fifth or fourth gen, don't need your help in the first place. Everything that a third gen true brujah can do, a five dots Time master can do better and at one percent the price.

>again user. "Late" is subjective.

If I say I'm giving you a book for Christmas 2016, and you get it in June of 2020, I'd need some fucking hide to say the lateness was subjective.

>Yeah that's classic OPP fan debate tactics alright. Way to go user

>Pretend that everything OPP does is perfect and anyone who disagrees doesnt get it.
>Insist that just because something can be house rule is not a problem.
>Insist that a book planned for 4 month and not release until 3 years later is not late, as late is a relative term.

Fix that for you.

Oh, so you are, after all, the same poster. Do murder yourself and post pics.

Was it in nights of prophecy? there was a lot of metaplot stuff in that one.

and if you choose that as your definition of late that's perfectly reasonable. but at that point once you know you're not going to see it for 4 years. Move on mate. She's just not that into you

Thank for the explanation user.

>Move on mate. She's just not that into you
How is this even applicable to the conversation?

ITT: The OPP equivalent of nativists; "If you don't suck OPP dick, get the fuck out"

Ah Shitposting at its Finest. Goodjob folks

> everyone who dares to disagree with me is a trolling shitposter
I don't know why people like you bother to browse imageboards.

I think user is saying if you girl straight up tells you, she doesn't want to see you in four years. She may be cheating on you, and trying to spare your feelings in the most awkward way possible