Space Western RPGs?

I wanted to do a Space Western mini campaign in the spirit of 1980s Space Western cartoons like Bravestarr and Galaxy Rangers. Anything in this genre already out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Thirty-Thirty/1
youtube.com/watch?v=uavyYWK0tyE
youtube.com/watch?v=5pc84F52_yc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Firefly.

If you can handle the setting (you really don't need much) you can do it with Savage Worlds.

As an exercise in how little you need, here's a copy of Mini Six. One of the settings in the book is pretty much Firefly with the serial numbers filed off.

Aside from the generics - GURPS, Fate, Risus, Lasers and Feelings clones - there was an official Firefly RPG. You could also adapt Dogs in the Vineyard pretty easily.

Not sure if any of the games will let you play a big, gay horseman though.

He isn't gay. His name is Thirty/Thirty and he is a cyborg Stallion.

There's an rpg version of Cowboy Bebop floating around somewhere. "Bounty-head Bebop" I think?"

rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Thirty-Thirty/1

Furry scum must die

Here's something a little more western than space, as settings go.
youtube.com/watch?v=uavyYWK0tyE
youtube.com/watch?v=5pc84F52_yc

Probably best off with generic games.

There were quite a few recommendations so I wont repeat those, but I'll add Strike! to the list.

No space, but may give some idears 'n such.

Buddy, I grew up in the heyday of Saturday morning cartoons. I watched Bravestarr along with all the other classics. Personally, I was a Silverhawks fan. I know who Thirty-Thirty is.

And he's a big gay horse.

doesn't Traveller have big gay horsemen?

I'm 37 and barely remember either of these "Space Western" cartoons. I do remember the Bravestarr toy gun that was a laser tag gun.

First thing to decide is tech level.

Silverhawks want so much a space western as much as it was a space fantasy a la Voltron. But one of the characters was, inexplicably, a cowboy named Bluegrass.

Cartoon Action Hour

This seems less Western and more...Scarlet Pumpernickel style brigand.

>Scarlet Pumpernickel
really nigga?

Is this better

How bout this

Not a fan of Daffy Duck?

You called?

Kill yourself, Whedon-fag.

To be fair Firefly is probably the least Whedon Whedon project, but that's still pretty shit

Just use something generic like gurps.

Probably easier to get players that way too.