Space hulk deathwing gameplay

youtube.com/watch?v=2ie6OGzFAio

Come and get it before it's taken down, lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8I8sYdMGETQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Level-design looks kind of meh.
Also, how door blocking is working? In tabletop it's pretty simle: close the door and force tyranids spending turns to destroy it.

I like the level design so far. Some of the shit feels spooky as fuck with the random noises. I guess thats more sound direction though.

Looks like you can buy a bit of time by closing doors as well but Stealers can force them open

It looks fun but the enemy and weapon graphics need a lot of work.

>I like the level design so far. Some of the shit feels spooky as fuck with the random noises.
I mean level design, not decoration, it's pretty primitive corridors.
>Looks like you can buy a bit of time
Well, then it's sort of stupid.
Also
>dat plasma turret
Top fuckinbg kek it's exactly the same turret from E.Y.E. lvl Monolith.

the dof blur and film grain kills it for me

I played for like 2 hours and it was fun enough, but I hope single player has more depth

And there needs to be an option to turn off the head bob

Also the netcode is dodgy

I played the Beta for about 6 hours, first off, Blocking Doors really depends on the situation, when you are at a doorway and being pressed from both sides, blocking the door can take a load off you.
but other times it's just a gimmick, Genestealers never break down blocked Doors(not in the beta anyway) but retreat into the air ducts to go around it.

What's incredibly satisfying is beating doen closed Doors yourself though, it's certainly more time effective than unblocking it manually.

The atmosphere is perfect, and level design so far is quite diverse, every now and then the maps would get bugged and you can actually get lost in the Hulk if you don't really know the layout by heart.

for the gameplay, certainly needs some polish, but it's playable enough at the moment, hard as balls though, it's really difficult to beat the levels with randoms because teamwork is everything, I can't see myself playing MP in the future without voicechat, since a single
dude looking in the wrong direction or taking a step away from his position can mean the death of the whole team.

How is the performance? All the gameplay trailers seemed to have framedrops in them and I'm not really looking forward to dealing with another repeat of Vermintide where the game runs like a jet ski on gravel for the first 8 months.

1).I second this question. In all trailers they seemed to have stutter at some point during showing gameplay.
2).Also, how fun is melee?
3).Is head bobbing really that bad as it looks? Like, don't you get dizzy while playing?

pls post mirror

It has stutters when there's a lot of action on the screen, but usually it appeared as lag to me.

The Lag is really gamebreaking in this, so if your host has a bad connection it's not really worth bothering.

The Beta build appeared a bit unstable all around, I'm not sure if that is because it's a gutted game version, or the game itself is so.

youtube.com/watch?v=8I8sYdMGETQ

Very nice

Nice. Are the environments in this game randomly generated? I think I'll be getting this just for the hueg spaceships and their aesthetic.

Thanks bro.

muh dick, although i don't like that much the respawn system.

Looks awesome. I'm not so sure about the respawning or changing your "class" on the fly. That, and the framerate could be a beta thing, of course, so I'm hopeful.

The art and sound direction alone makes it worth for me to buy.

Any reports on ultrawide / eyefinty multi-monitor support? Crossfire/SLI optimized?

Looks fantastic, sounds glorious, the atmosphere is flawless imo. The gore and the squishy sounds xhen you waok among corpses is the icing on the cake.

I am super duper hyped for the game, but as other said, I hope the framerate drops will be fixed soon. It's the only thing that is really a problem imo. The rest is fine.
Melee combat seems hard as fuck, which is good, since stealers are meant to be murder machines. Hell, there's a passage in Death of Integrity, THE Space Hulk novel where a Novamarines veteran is ansoluteky flabbergasted to see Blooddrinkers charging stealers, and even more so when he sees them actually winning. Obviously that'll mean some troubles when the player is not up to the task, but it seems like a great deal of fun.

Definitely happy for Streum On and Focus that the end product looks so good. Can't wait to get my hands on it on the 20th.

Not randomly generated no. Something that huge and detailed would be wayyyy too complicated to do for such a small team.

Thanks. It looks way better than what I heard previously.
Regular Stormbolter seems a bit weak, though. Shame, since the Hellfire one is damn perfect.

Dunno, maybe against big overwhelming hordes but at later moments in the video against standard hybrids seems to be pretty decent.

I really want Death Watch DLC

Terminators are fine and all but how much space hulk games have we gotten already?

Wanting DLC before the game even comes out.

But if we're wish listing I want a Salamanders vs Yamgarl Genestealers

so does anyone knew about the redemption pattern stormbolter/shotgun weapon introduced in this game? I can't find a single source about it in the old codex book. The closest I could find is the deathwatch shotgun, which is the most likely since the game took place in a tyranids infested space hulk.

I think this is a custom weapon made specifically for this game. You know, like Vengeance mine launcher from Space Marine.

Thanks brother. What kind of graphical card/processor do you roll with? I wonder because of stutter.

Created for the game. Like the second assault cannon and plasma cannon. They were afraid regular terminator loadouts wouldn't provide enough variety.

>video is private

>mfw
I can't wait!
Those are both some good ideas. How about a Chaos DLC for the edgelords? You get to be a Chaos Termie clearing everything out of your warband's new Hulk.

Im surprised as to how much like E.Y.E this looks.

The atmosphere is spot on but the gameplay looks very dodgy right now.
For one the melee feels weak as shit, brings to mind the floaty "gun with range 0" melee from E.Y.E and that flamer or melter or what thats supposed to be also doesnt feel very good.

The framerate also irks me quite a bit.

I wanna look forward to this game but they realy have to polish it up. I mean this is STREUM so its probably one of those mad genious things where the game is great but feels terrible.

Well, the closed beta was to fix problems like the framerate so hopefully it will be fixed for release.

Please, Focus Interactive, don't make it flop like Battlefleet Gothic. Game is amazing, but there was a lot of problems during launch, which got fixed only after 80% of game population left.

>unironically supporting dlc
back to /v/. i'm pretty sure mass defect: andromeda is right up your alley.

Battlefleet attracted the worst kind of autists anyway. They nerfed every faction into the ground except Tau, who now rule the dead multiplayer.

Don't you dare to talk shit about MP community of Battlefleet. I was aboard the sinking ship for a while - and I have to say that most people I've seen were fairly paitent until the very end.

What happened?

Now i'm glad i avoided the multiplayer

Game got released with horrible balance and gamebreaking bugs here and there. Worst offender was orks occasionally reducing their max mspeed by 50% when you used Big Red Button for the rest of the game. Also for a while you had fixed fleets - if you are low lvl admiral you still can run into high level admiral. You used to get almost same ammount of points to buy ships, but your opponent had his ships lvld up which meant more passives on them. Basically VERY unfriendly to beginners and grindy as fuck.

>orks were right click and win on launch then got nerfed into oblivion
>eldar were kite and activate pulsars from time to time to win on launch then got nerfed into oblivion
etc,etc

>some upgrades to ships were a no-brainer
>like armour-piercing rounds
>when you are shooting point-blank makes it so your shots reduce enemy armour to 25%
>so even if you are shooting at ork's ship front it melts in seconds

I don't know how current multiplayer is because I've dropped the game before Tau came in. At that time the most viable option orks had was long ranged zzap gunz (yes, long ranged orks > close ranged orks).

As far as i played against AI the Imperial Navy didn't get any big nerfs appart from the Nova Cannon spam formation from the beta