Why did D&D's gold dragons stop being East Asian?

Why did D&D's gold dragons stop being East Asian?

... eaboo?

You get "gold dragons" and "The Gold Dragon"

They're not lengthy snake-dragons anymore, but they kinda look like stereotypical Asian wise men instead.
Imagine one stroking it's whiskers and teaching lessons only in annoying metaphors.

Do people actually use dragons in their dungeons and dragons games?

I do, but not too often.
I try to treat them more as characters then encounters and do my best to make every single one fairly original to preserve the interest in them.

Not in my last campaign, but my current one has the dragon gods and their minions are a recurring element.

The whiskers are an Asian thing, they're from carp or something.

Don't gold dragons have some luck powers, too? That's definitely a Chinese dragon feature.

Rarely have I ever.

I might in my upcoming game, though.

>Dragon gods
So the greatest boss fight you've ever made will be with one of them, right?

Of fucking course
Even when i play other fantasy games
Its not a good fantasy campaign without dragon slaying.

Yep. Party slayed two last time I DMed.

Quick Veeky Forums, favorite chromatic dragon and favorite metallic dragon.

I've got a dragon bbeg, he's just trying to make a fuckton of gold and is dumb as shit, so when king mci'mafuckingidiot made his castle using the finest brass some shit's going down, so far the parties been groing through some money making ventures the dragon's set up.

Black is best dragon hands down. All of the cool dragon traits without any of the stereotypes and silliness.
Gold is best metallic for me sicne i usually want metallics to be mysterious, wise old mentor figures and goldens fit the bill.

I had a silver dragon in the modern games that started recruiting gangsters by saying "Join me in fighting against ISIS or DIE LIKE DOGS!"

Blue dragons. Because I don't have enough encounters for desert shit, and they have an incredible level of dickery when they vaporize what water you have left during a desert jaunt.

Silver Dragons. Because it's fun to have the 'suddenly that guy was a dragon' thing happen from time to time.

Red because I like my evil dragons to be show stopping, fuck huge, world-burning, living engines of destruction.

Bronze because those dudes are chill as fuck and they troll the sgit out of evil

>chromatic
Green, because they're still massively powerful but also sly and manipulative. Also, I like their sinuous form and tall crest on their head and spine.
>metallic
Bronze, because they're basically huge sea paladins.

My players were recently taken as slaves by a black dragon.
They don't really have a way to fight it, but they'll figure something out

I literally threw all my AD&D 2e books in the trash. PHB, DMG, MM, two monstrous compendiums and two encyclopedia magica.

You know you could have sold those, right?

>Chromatic

Purple

>Metallic

Orium