Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

How much do you stand up against furry style races (see Augunas) and promote uguu anime kemonomimi races? Pic related?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dying_Earth
pastebin.com/95rXxMmC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm a filthy fucking furry fan myself and think Augunus goes too far. Just stop with shoving it in everywhere. But I'm fine if a player wants something like gnolls, lizardfolk, kobolds, wyvaran, catfolk etc. Kitsune should die and be replaced with proper kitsune.

delet this immediately and make a new thread.

How sexy are your alchemists and investigators?

What fits better thematically for a monk, champion/guardian or champion/trickster?

Con bonus for boobs? Feral Mutagen discovery and fluff it as a succubus form? Or that PrC that makes you someone else, could give them an altered appearance.

How do Wizard spells work in lore?

The guy just likes his Kitsune. It's no big deal. He writes some pretty good content (I love Ricochet Toss) and he's fun to listen to on Know Direction.

You could just use a cognatogen for charisma for a direct boost? Mutagen wouldn't work since it directly hurts charisma.

>shrunken furries in jars of piss is just fine

Any people who knows Spheres well here?

I know how the system works but none of the standard build patterns or tricks, what sort of common ways are there of making one that can contribute to battle in ways other than pure damage?

Take the charisma hit as becoming shy and softspoken instead of ugly?

Like they did in The Dying Earth.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dying_Earth

>In the Dying Earth, wizards use magic primarily by memorizing lengthy formulas for spells, and then activating them by speaking the proper commands. Once cast, the spell formula is instantly forgotten, requiring the wizard to reread and re-memorize them. Because even talented wizards can only memorize and "load" a handful of spells, wizards also have to rely on magical relics and on their other skills and talents to protect them.

Destruction is often better at battle field control than damage unless you cheese the fuck out of it. Take crystal/living crystal blast and go to town.

Weather is also good for laying down fog walls.

Time can get you haste right out of the fucking gate.

That, or brash and slutty. Lots of ways to roleplay an undesirable personality with a bombshell figure.

Not very, since the last one I made was an NPC Dwarven Polymath (Investigator).

Honestly, I don't play them myself - faces are kinda important to me, which led to my DM retconning in a race of asari-esque axolotl people - but i don't MIND anthro races. Gnolls, lizardfolk, thri-keen etc. It's when they start looking like DA OCs that I get offput, with weirdly dextrous snouts and so on.

Well, there's also panther rape spirit.

Depends on your build, my oracle1/barbarian8 went guardian to get retributive reach and caged enemy and together with infinite AoO I tripped everybody forever

Which is?

Mfw didn't scroll down and see the rest of the post before being a dumbass

What about Sorcerers?
Do they intuitively understand/know the formulas or something?

Yes.

Wizards study the manual to operate the machine that lifts the rock.

Sorcerers just know the manual that operates the machine that lifts the rock.

Occult Psychics have the spirits tell them how to operate the machine to lift the rock

Psions/Wilders lift the rock themselves.

Have we lynched 2hu for ruining the RotJR game with powergaming bullshit yet?

We should.

So, I rolled on the Tiefling table and got Oversized Limbs and Small Sized. RAW the way I'm seeing it is that I'm a Small creature who has arms so big I can wield a Large great sword, is this right? Because that's ridiculous and I love it

You're two weeks too late, mate. 2hu's dropped out of the game, which doesn't look the least bit ruined.

In fact, I'd say the current line-up of potential characters is quite memorable.

>RAW the way I'm seeing it is that I'm a Small creature who has arms so big I can wield a Large great sword, is this right?

As much as I hate to say this, but RAW also assumes you're a medium-sized Tiefling.

So I have all the traits of a Small creature but I'm technically Medium sized and can wield Large weapons?

cool

No, it means you're a small creature that is technically small sized with oversized limbs letting you hold medium weapons.

So I just stumbled onto the Enigma archetype for the Mesmerist. Am I right in thinking that its Solipsism effect is a no-save invisibility after the second round?

I'm thinking of using this with some 3.P sneak-attack stacking stuff to pick an important target on the field and just cut them apart while they can't see my character.

If that's the case, doesn't choosing a Small race and rolling Small size make you a Tiny creature?

Oversized Limbs specifically states Large though
No clue, but that's really nice art which I am stealing

It specifically says Small, so no it would be useless.

It specifically states large, so yeah, you're a small character with access to large size crap.

If mimics can be anything does that mean a mimic could pretend to be a suit of armor

pastebin.com/95rXxMmC

Slime-kin race, feedback appreciated. Not 100% done. Meant to be accessible as either a one-off from a backfired spell or as a full-fledged race. Limited compression was meant to be treated as a movement type (and escape artist isn't super duper powerful so meh).

Soft idea for society is living in secret communities typically only accessible through their limited compression abilities. Sorcery and Psionics aren't uncommon to them, divine casting is less common (as they don't have their own god), they tend to not like heavy armor and how it restricts their ability to bail.

Willing to take some potential suggestions on optional alternate racial traits.

>dropped out

Only because we rightfully got the GM to kick the dumb fucker out.

Oh shush, 2hu is out and that's the end of it, bringing that rotten affair back to the surface will do naught but raise a stink around here.

Am I included in that line up?

who are you

I don't have a character yet.
I just wanted to hear who you thought was memorable.

plz respond :S

Is VMCing into Barbarian worth it for a Brutal Slayer Stalker?
Rage is great but the rest isn't. I dunno...

I'd say no. You need a lot of your feats for Extra Stalker Art and then there's the fact you wouldn't be able to get Power Attack until 5th level.

Yes. There's even 3pp book that covers mimic items like armor, clothes and weapons. Look for Darkness Without Form and ignore all the aboleth plotting.

So, Recently played a pathfinder game and on our 3rd session we may have destroyed the world. Tell me, how fucked are we?

Anyways, we have our party that's supposed to save the world. A human ranger with blue hair, a ratfolk theif, a Dwarf Inquisitor, a Kobold Sorcerer, a Kobold Alchemist, and a Half Kobold-half Teifling special snowflake. A great start. We hit session three, we have to kill this cultist infecting this bug race called Elizer with eldritch corruption and shit. We kill him, ratboy manages to find a rifle and blows his head off, he takes a vial of corruption and then he takes two of the Elizer's eggs. We return to the hive and exposition begins. Eventually the ratboy gets found out and the hive attempts to cut him to pieces for stealing eggs. DMPC calms the Elizer and we begin our walk out.
That's when the Sorcerer take out an enchanted and poisoned knife and stab the rat in the back and rolls a goddamn 20.
Rat boy is down and offered to the elizer, they take him and the queen proceeds to slowly and painfully tears him apart for stealing her children. We see the rat's player roll for something and he goes "Don't worry guys this will be good."
The rats last living act was to throw the bottle of corruption onto the queen of the Elizer. It shatters on her and the last thing our PC's see before running like hell out of there is the queen trying to get it off while the Elizer tear the rat apart.
The fucking queen is now infected with a strain of eldritch corruption and her entire hive will be too.

How fucked are we?

>party full of rats and snakes
>DMPC
>Rats and snakes stab each other in the back
>gasthebuggers.jpg
Jesus Christ.

Here's a hint it's probably the people who are practically ERPing at each other every other fucking thread.

Are you jealous? I could ERP with (You)

Not really.

Now you're just playing hard to get, cutie.

A community of sentient slimes is not fun. Gelatinous cubes are where its at.

What about Magus?
Same as Wizords?

Yes, they both use spell books.

They're not Quoles, they're basically the ooze equivalent to tieflings / aasimar / skinwalkers / elemental-plane-touched.

Core-only Barbarian
Is building for attacks of opportunity foolish or genius?

what's the best core rage power at 2? No escape to run idiots down or reflex for the bonus AoO? Something else?

Arcanists have the ability to study the manual to the rock and remember it, unlike Wizards.

Does anyone actually use the Pathfinder Society and their fancy Wayfinders in their games?

>Is building for attacks of opportunity foolish or genius?
You cannot reliably control triggering attacks of opportunity; you can reliably control other means of doing damage.

I use Wayfinders! They're like, a compass+.

Usually I buy them from pawn shops or desperate, broke Pathfinders.

Why not join and get a personal one?

Well first off I'd have to wonder why you're playing core PF because it's fucking awful.

Second, Scent. Scent will save you against invisible foes, which are otherwise some of the absolute worst things you can fight.

because the pathfinder society doesn't exist in my setting.

I love Wayfinders, i think they're a great magical item thats great for any world, fuck the PFS

Do you have an idea of what you want to play?

Why not?
Did the PFS shit in your cereal?

Tell me stories about the times you ran or play APs?

Superstition is also great for a first power, but it does conflict with party buffers if you go first.

>Usually I buy them from pawn shops or desperate, broke Pathfinders.
>because the pathfinder society doesn't exist in my setting.
Something doesn't add up...

Good point. I guess I was focusing too hard on the ability to attack out of turn.

DM's choice. I'm not crazy about it, but it's also my first PF game (I come from 3.5).
Scent feels like it's going to be useless most of the time though. I can see picking it up later, but I was looking for something high impact early on.
Am I missing something, or is it that important?

>its almost like its two different people

Have you ever had to deal with invisible or stealthy enemies at low level?

Because then I'd be legally bound to obey certain rules and regulations with my local Lodge.

It's almost as if an idiot doesn't read the reply chain, you mean.

I'm the second guy you quoted, that's how I get Wayfinders for my characters in Golarion.

The Pathfinder Society is a big bag of bureaucracy and regulation, not to mention the time spent working your way up the ladder. Honestly, it's better to just freelance it.

Why are you lying? Do you hate them so much?

No, but I'm also not expecting to. Probably a foolish assumption.

Looks neat

Give me a way to convince my GM to ignore the "alchemists do not qualify for arcane strike" ruling. "Extracts are literally them using magic" apparently isn't good enough. Alternatively, if I really am fucked and ABSOLUTELY MUST take that shitty spell discovery for it, what are good spells for an alchemist of around level 8-10 to poach off the wizard/sorcerer list?

I just want to deal okay damage and have riving strike, why must this game hate me?

Ooh, I'd love to! Unfortunately I'm phoneposting, but I can say I've been in Kingmaker, Reign of Winter and a smidgeon of Jade Regent! Kingmaker was kind of boring, Reign of Winter didn't really live up to the hype, but I've got nothing but good things to say about Jade Regent, it's definitely one of the more magical adventures in the AP lineup.

Ah, understandable I guess.
>The Pathfinder Society is a big bag of bureaucracy and regulation, not to mention the time spent working your way up the ladder. Honestly, it's better to just freelance it.
A pity.
I really like the idea of PFS, but they did it kind of clunky I guess

Extracts are alchemy, not magic. And even if they WERE magic, nowhere does it state that they're ARCANE magic.

PFS is one of those things that requires you to have a GM that just retcons huge chunks of it so it's more fun. As-written it's pretty shit.

a combination of Wizords and Sorcs then?
They do need to read the manual, like wizards, but like sorcs they don't need to lug it around and remember it instead?

>When an alchemist mixes an extract, he infuses the chemicals and reagents in the extract with magic siphoned from his own magical aura.
>When an alchemist creates an extract or bomb, he infuses the concoction with a tiny fraction of his own magical power—this enables the creation of powerful effects, but also binds the effects to the creator.
>extracts are not magic

They can read the manual, but wizards forget the manual after they've operated it the number of times they've read it

Arcanist needs to read it once a day and can operate the machine as many times as he is able to once he's done so. (though not past spell slots)

Oh.
Huh.
Eh, I still prefer Sorcs then.

Most of my characters end up having a wayfinder to get the resonance bonuses.

So more on the Wyvern Rider.

They're a 4th level caster, first of all. They prepare spells, and store them in their wyvern mount like a witch does in their familiar.

Now I am compiling a spell list for them.

What would be on your wish list of a spell list for someone who rides around on a wyvern?

well, they're like Sorcs that can change their spell list every day if that makes any sense.

Flesh to stone so you can crash your wyvern for high impact damage

HIGH IMPACT WYVERN COMBAT

Investigators seem neat, though to be honest, I haven't put much thought into it yet. The gesalt nature as well as the 3pp stuff is really daunting to me.

If I might recommend, Investigator is a very good "passive" class. As such, you should go for a class on the other side that gives you a lot of active options - an intelligence based initiator, perhaps, such as a dervish defender warder.

I have problems with choosing things like that so I tend to stick with Sorcs.

Well, you know where to go when you've got a character concept that needs a bit of structure to the fluff!

Investigators are fantastic for gestalt, by the way. Plenty of ways to get an interesting build from one, and just as many to give that build a backstory that works.

No rush, but did you have a concept in mind for the campaign?

I was planning on including both Flesh to Stone and Stone to Flesh as fourth level spells.

A lot of the spells with be transmutation and divination I think. Also acid based evocation spells.

Another idea I had was to play someone like EMIYA Archer from F/SN, but I have 0 idea how to do things like summoning blades, overedge, Rho Aias, the whole swords-as-arrows, and UBW on top of all of it.

that's actually easy. Psychic Armory Soulknife.

That's easy, follow these simple instructions:
>go in a fire
>die

How would a paladin of the Peacock Angel work? I mean nobody knows where she is, whether a spellcaster captured her or Szuriel killed her, so I guess a paladin could be on a holy mission to find her and return her to the Empty Palace? Make some kind of code out of Yazidism maybe?

Did I do something wrong?