Lost Worlds Thread

Just found out about this

What is it?

Lost Worlds is a "combat picture book game" designed and trademarked by Alfred Leonardi.

How is it played?

Play requires two players and at least two "visual combat books", with each player choosing a character (i.e., a book) from those available.At the start of play, each player removes the character sheet for that character from their book and hands the book to his or her opponent. The character sheet lists the various combat actions which the character can take during the battle. The combat book lists the effects of the attacks in tables, and serves as a visual reference for what the other player is doing. Hence, each player views entries in the book from a first-person perspective, seeing only their opponent and not themselves.
There is also a further series of books, of emphatically female fighter-types, under the collective title of Queen's Blade, published from late 2005 by Hobby Japan. With more than 20 books the books were generally new illustrations for existing combat matrices, rather than "new" characters (although at least one doujin has utilised what appears to be a "new matrix"). As of December 2007 a second series, Queen's Gate, was introduced, featuring characters from Japanese visual media, and in October 2008 Hobby Japan announced four further characters in a sub-set of the original series (Queen's Blade Rebellion).

I'm imagining two skeletons smacking each other with books, saying "Stop it" "Stop it" over and over.

Mite be good.
I've never seen them sold, though.

i have all the PDFs, OP. do you guys wanna play?

Sure. Why not?

actually, i have them as images. i'll do a quick pdf conversion of two of the books.

Oh, kinda interesting -
>queens blade
Oh boy oh my

first book

I'll be picking this lovely guy here

this is your charsheet, Veeky Forums. you'll be using it for each move. keep it enlarged

and this is what your knight currently sees. as you can see, your knight can only make extended range attacks (see sheet)

first legit respond counts. i have made my choice for first maneuver, Veeky Forums. awaiting your first move.

BURTON LANGSHANKS, HERO OF ALSTORIA, SCION OF THE LANGSHANKS LINE, is going to Block and Attack.
Am I doing this right?

The knight charges

if you meant, Block & Close, then yes. except... too slow

alrighty-o! I chose Thrust Low, let's see what happens.

Ooo my answer was legit
nice to know

alright, if you turn to scroll 50 (your selection) in the goblin.pdf and reference it with #60 (my move), you get pic related.

I do the opposite in the knight book and see that I hit you with "Score 1". However, the maneuver gives -5, so no damage now.

>Knight may not make red or orange moves next turn.

My money is on the knight

i have made my move selection. choose a maneuever (not red/orange, choose from normal range), guys

Low Thrust? That's PG 14, with mod +1, right?

not for the goblin, and especially not at extended range. (see extended range list at bottom of sheet, has different damage mods)

I thought we were at close range. Do we need to make a long-distance move?
Charge, I guess. I'm still kind of confused as to how this works.

Ah, sorry, I was confused. I thought you were referring to my move last turn (which was low thrust).

You can choose Low Thrust, alright. It's #14 with Dam +0. I chose Down Swing (#44, +2). Let's see.

faggots, you hit me. taking damage (+0). 9 life left
>no thrusts or red for knight next turn
make your move

Oh, I get it. We pick our page, you pick your page, and we use the number on the page we picked that matches the number of the maneuver you picked to get the page we go to.
I pick Strong Side Swing then (Orange, pg 28)

I chose Dodge (+8), trying to get behind you.
Let's see...

Oh, man. That ain't good. Another, 4 damage, down to 5 life.
>no thrust or red next turn for knight

I roll for understanding the game... 2... I have no idea what is going on here but it seems cool

the posted pdfs contain the rules

I don't suppose you have PDFs of the BattleTech and Warhammer licensed versions they made of these?

Should whip out the Manticore after this battle, he's OP as fuck.

Weren't there some licensed adaptations for this?

Can you host those somewhere like mega for people to download please?