Veeky Forums Winter Ball Discussion Thread

This is the thread for discussing the Veeky Forums Winter Ball and board-tan related topics. Content creation, board-tan discussion, inter-board news, and general goodwill is welcome. Please do not shitpost.

The megabin of content created by Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and /vp/. (Updated 11/15/2016)
pastebin.com/Z57p7sJE

Current Veeky Forums-related news :
>There will be a showdown battle between Veeky Forums and /vp/ to show who's the boss of this gym on Thursday (?).
>The Pokemon Tabletop Game homebrew is currently in the works.
>Veeky Forums is currently looking for drawfags and writewhores who don't have anything better to do! Can you draw? Can you write? Please make content for us! We'd be happy to have you!
>/d/ might be interested in joining our adventuring party? Who knows. Please don't bug them about it.

Question of the Thread -
What sort of events should we have planned for the actual day of the ball? Classic Veeky Forums fashion dictates that we run campaigns for them, but other options are always welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/yrbYzrp2
nuzlocke.wikia.com/wiki/Classlocke
youtube.com/watch?v=b11-37Me_a4
youtube.com/watch?v=WnAvNdVyJB0
youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c
youtube.com/watch?v=vHOrHEDPYIM
youtube.com/watch?v=39zKhsT5naI
youtube.com/watch?v=-PKV79lug54
youtube.com/watch?v=YL_uyvISxpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tMlKmELIhgY
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGDzl76g_l3ZBcpNmjgrkf53uu4QbTSJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=W6tOvCqoNuQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FnrWTQgkEcE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=feDOFqK2G7g
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1bNSLzfMBo4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rd9AwY67xPE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VVForbNDSyw
youtube.com/watch?v=piF-SXM2gJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=bLM76rxE-tw
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZxrWMilec4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Almost forgot -
Last thread :

That 3rd line sounds kinda desperate.

How long are you guys going to keep making these threads? You've made like six so far and almost the entirety of them have just been you guys chatting about soap opera stuff.

Guys, is the Pokémon Tabletop using Showdown a sound concept? I'm getting some feedback that people would rather have it full tabletop, without having to use electronics. Here's what I'm thinking.

Phase 1: Get the Showdown version finished, and plan to give that to /vp/

Phase 2: work on a full version with actual stats for Pokémon. May get Gen 1 done before the Ball, but if not we'll at least have the first version to use.

It might be better with Showdown when doing it with people who already know how to do everything in it. Since they wont have to learn the conversion from videogame to tabletop game.

Veeky Forums is still going out with the poke-twins?

Just like the last two years, yes. It's generated some pretty good content.

Also like the last two years, we're going with another board, as well. Veeky Forums is being the Aulus to our Gaius.

Why not just do option 2 and stick to Gen 1? Gen 2 is also an option, but only because I have fonder memories of Gen 2 than I do of Gen 1.

Are the poke-twins going gyuaru-style, because of the new Alola region aesthetic?

All I know is that I want to see art of Vanille dressed as Chicken-chan.

What I don't understand is why you want or need to put a Winter Ball™ on this thing. If people want to work on a pokemon tabletop game, they've already done that in the past and people are still actually working off and on those as well.

If it's just you guys trying to figure out how to keep these threads bumped while pretending these threads are not offtopic, it's largely going against the spirit of Veeky Forums, with your little club here putting more value in your Winter Ball™ project and being shameless in the ways you skirt around the rules.

It would be kind of like making a "Hey, we from Coca Cola are intested in making a [traditional game]! If we could get people to help us make it that would be great, and don't forget how refreshing the cool, crisp taste of Coca Cola is when working on a game!"
"PS. If there's any drawfags who want to draw people playing game while drinking coke, that would be great."

*gyaru

Chicken-chan?

k

This is Chicken-chan. There's been memes of her floating around for months, now. It's a popular thing in /v/ and /vp/.

>those stripes
Not canon

So after many test games. Would it be alright to switch out Gallade for something? I know we have to stick with Ursaring, but the two are almost identical in what they do.

>Coca Cola is currently looking for drawfags and writewhores who don't have anything better to do! Can you draw? Can you write? Please make content for us! We'd be happy to have you!

Yeah, that line in the OP is pretty shit.

Sorry.

What could replace Gallade in the current roster?

Just an idea, the main use it has is tricking things Also did Screech have a specific gender?

pastebin.com/yrbYzrp2

Writing from last thread

A Golurk or Golem named Golem 6-b ?

I'd rather have Gallade. If I was going to swap it would be for a Pokemon that did something the team already doesn't have, but still fit the theme.

We could get a Machamp and call him Da Warboss.

Added and taken care of, thanks.

I'm really bad at strategy, but since I don't think we have anything SpAtk-oriented, how about a (Mega-?)Gardevoir named Noh ? Or a Swoobat named Disgrace ?

Swoobat will be named Six Zero.

There's already Aegislash, nevermind. I don't know, then.

In the end the team should be fine so long as /vp/ aren't a super meta team. I just need to use my brain about shit and hope they didn't also throw too many odd balls into the mix.

I wonder if they can resist throwing in a bunch of showderp meme sets.

I looked at their roster. So many memes. I basically had to look up memes to figure out what they were usinh. It's actually pretty hilarious. They have a Legendary.

Don't give too many hints. I expect Joker to not watch look at our team, So I won't either.

>they have a legendary
We've beaten gods before. I have full faith in our roster's RNG.

Yeah, I figured. That's all I'm going to say. But actually, I think we have a pretty good chance of taking them down.

Actually, I'm not too worried about it. They made an HM Slave Rayquaza, but gave it their only Mega Ev

How do we feel about showering /vp/ with small gifts? I was thinking we should fix this and make it less hinky, more Veeky Forums:

nuzlocke.wikia.com/wiki/Classlocke

Make some custom dice for Veeky Forums.

Female. She has a billion kids.

His main use is being a surprise Scarfer. The trick is just there for general versatility. I've also been testing the team(albeit in ubers because Aegislash) and he's one of the most valuable members.

Stat some pokemon for 40k?
Ordo Pokemonstus.

>Buy moves instead of wargear
>The various types are special rules which grant preferred enemy (types effective against) and a 4++ against attacks which you are defensive against
Might be a bit much with hundreds of pokemon types.

That gives me an idea. Why don't Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and /vp/ do some version of a nuzlocke together? An user from each board volunteers and either streams or posts updates in the thread. We could have a vs where first board to beat the elite four wins, or a soul link where the three boards are on a team and whenever a poke dies the other boards have to kill off that poke.

>Also did Screech have a specific gender?
The Screechers Gang were pretty much all said to be brothers and sisters from Mt. Moon I think, so it probably doesn't matter. Because "gotta catch 'em all" means "gotta catch 'em ALL."

I suggest Steelix. And this motherfucker right here.

Buzzwole is the best thing to come out of the new generation.

Actually, I had the same idea. What if we played a Succession game of Pokémon with Veeky Forums, /vp/, and us? We find ourselves a decent GBA RomHack for Pokémon, with a good story, and take turns playing through. Each board decides their next player through another Showdown Tourney, and we just keep passing it along.

We could put it through a randomizer even, for double the fun. Basically scramble the Pokémon around so we might encounter a level 2 Metagross in the first area, or we might start out with a Bagon as our starter.

Second best thing.

What is this "us" and "them" business?

If people want to play nuzlocke, they can go to /vp/. There's a thread up right now, no need for you to think you need to make a special WINTER BALL version.

There's no wall separating anyone from the other boards. I don't understand how you guys are pretending to promote interboard activity when all you're really doing is creating a bizarre "YOU GET ONE BOARD" culture, all just so you can try and promote your fanfiction project.

How about we do a main-line game first and then a romhack next time. I was thinking black and white for the first game and then, if people like it, move on to a very popular difficulty hack called Blaze Black 2 or Volt White 2.

We could make it a taglocke and swap boards after every gym. That way Veeky Forums is involved too and isn't left out at all.

Agreed. However, I still think we should do a randomized run, to give the game a fresh feel. Maybe Poll user can post in all the boards and we can work it out that way

I'd be glad to. However it'll probably be best to wait until the board traffic on /vp/ dies a bit so they can actually keep a thread up and active. I'll whip up a poll with a bunch of options in the meantime and post it to Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums when its done.

Make RocketLocke one of the options:

The Rocketlocke challenge, or a mix of the Team Rocket Challenge and a Nuzlocke. All normal Nuzlocke rules apply. Note: an emulator must be used for this challenge, and randomizers make it more fun.

You can only catch the first encounter if it is a PURE Normal (No Normal-Flying), Poison, Dark, Fighting, Psychic, Bug or Ground type for you to be able to catch it. For older generations, any Normal Pokemon retyped to Fairy is ineligible (this includes the Blissey and Jigglypuff families. Even though they are Normal types, they are too cute for Team Rocket). Even if a future evolution is of that type but the encounter is not, you may not catch it, an example being Mudkip (Water) to Swampert (Water Ground). Note: Your starter does not need to follow these rules.

If the first encounter on that route is an ineligible type, you may steal from a trainer on that route (emulators). However, it must be that trainers last Pokemon, and it's health has to be in the yellow to steal it. The stolen Pokemon can be any type. Also, it does not have to be the first trainer you battle, you have your choice to defeat one trainer and steal from the next. For areas with no wild encounters (cities), you may go straight to stealing from trainers (gym leaders). Do not steal from your Rival(s).

Try to avoid battling other Team Rocket members if possible in games where present, but dominate the opposing team in games with other antagonists.

Be a dick to everyone when possible. If someone asks "Hey, do you love Pokemon?", say "No", or other dick dialogues accordingly.

You win the challenge by capturing all the Legendary Pokemon possible in the respective region, for the glory of Team Rocket!

I'll have it as an option but it seems like thats one for a bit down the line if this catches on in popularity. Fun concept though.

Alright, here's our goals so far:

1. Beat /vp/ in Showdown.
2. Finish gifts for Veeky Forums and /vp/
3. get with /vp/, finally.
4. Set up a ban watch for the Shitposter(ignore him)
5. Enjoy time with our fellow boards up to the day of the ball.
6. Create a fuckton of OC.
7. Find a nice date for /x/

Anything I've missed so far?

1. Not traditional games
2. Not traditional games
3. Traditional games.
...Wait, no it's not.
4. Not traditional games
5. Just go to the other boards and stop pretending there's magical walls between them
6. Good luck with that.
7. Not traditional games

So, by your own admission, you should get the fuck out of here already.

>Roleplaying
>Not related to the roleplaying board
Right.

Sounds about right. I'd add 8: Get some more music for playlist user

Common mistake. Veeky Forums is the roleplaying GAME board, not roleplaying in general. It's why actors are not discussed here. In fact, roleplaying like avatarfagging is actually banned site wide.

I'd suggest some stuff, but I don't want to repeat stuff.
Where's the list?
Also, how much music do we need?

Well I suppose you need something to do now that quests are gone.

How about this for some "Pokeclasses" in a Veeky Forumslocke

Fighter: Must be able to learn Bulk up, Iron Defense, Swords dance or Dragon dance, cannot use status moves or Special attacks

Cleric: Must have a healing move, cannot have an attacking move over 60bp. Can use all status moves.

Thief: must have the ability pickpocket or use the move thief.

Barbrarian: Must have the move Outrage or Thrash. Cannot learn use any non-attack or Special moves.

Wizard: Can only use special attacks. Cannot have it's PP restored by Ether, must be done at a pokemon center.

Druid: Must have either a weather ability or weather changing ability. All moves learnt must be ones that are affected by weather changes. aka, growth or Blizzard.

Standard Nuzlocke rules apply. Can only have one pokemon per role.

Extra rule could be

Only the Barbarian or thief can switch out in combat.

How does any of this sound? Maybe certain types per class?

I like it but I think its a bit restrictive if we're trying to get people from both here and Veeky Forums into the series with minimal or no experience in the game.

I do think the classes are a good idea in theory though. How about when we catch something it is assigned a class from a list based on popular vote and we can't have more than one of each class on our team.

Maybe we separate the types off into classes?

Rock/Dragon: Barbarian

Fairy/Normal: Cleric

Steel/Fighting: Fighter

Grass/Ground/Water: Druid

Dark/Poison/Electric: Thief

Ghost/Psychic/Ice: Wizard

The "Class pool" system works though, we could go on /vp/ and ask them what pokemon would fit in the classes we think for the Party.

Playlist user here. Current list!

March of the Templars
youtube.com/watch?v=b11-37Me_a4
Carolus Rex
youtube.com/watch?v=WnAvNdVyJB0
And, really suprised this one isn't there, ITEHATTS theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Thought

youtube.com/watch?v=vHOrHEDPYIM

Is quite Veeky Forums.

Nice. That's not a bad list. Surprised there's no famous sea shanties in there, though.

Lots of goals for /vp/, not a lot for Veeky Forums. That last goal is going to be a bit of a stretch, user.

By the way, /d/ has shown slight interest in going with us. Nothing concrete, of course, but would we be willing to let them join our party if they asked?

Should we ask them?

Actually, Veeky Forums might want those first two.

/vp/ and Veeky Forums are enough.

/r9k/ wants to shoot up the ball...

Well be sure to armour ourselves in historically accurate AC 0 plate.

I know /vp/ was talking about making them a complete history of the Pokemon universe in the style of a documentary.

We have more parts of the Orky Epic of Gilgamesh coming

I'm working on a campaign setting for them where historical figures are flung into a fantasy realm to defeat Rasputin's brain in a magic mech

If I didn't see the threads that started it, I wouldn't believe it. This is some next level stuff.

I still think it should be rasputin's dick in a jar... in a mech.

Could we have run down of all the decided pairings?

/qa/ would know more, but off the top of my head...
/qst/ and /cm/ are a go.
[s4s] says they're going with /c/.
We're going with Veeky Forums and /vp/.
/pol/ and Veeky Forums are on maximum overdrive with their content.
Many people are claiming lots of things about /x/, but the truth is that they're undecided.
/d/ is dolling themselves up but is undecided.
/co/ and Veeky Forums are a sure thing.
/k/ and /an/ are always a sure thing, but they're just being tsun tsun about it right now.

/k/ and /an/ married, no discussion
/co/ and Veeky Forums married, no discussion
/pol/ and Veeky Forums is OTP this year
[s4s] going with /c/
/cgl/ going with /u/
/wsr/ going with /aco/
/mu/ going with Veeky Forums
Veeky Forums going with Veeky Forums despite little discussion
Us with /vp/ plus Veeky Forums tagging along, /x/ tentatively
/int/ and /m/ tentatively

>/pol/ and Veeky Forums are on maximum overdrive with their content
>/pol/ and Veeky Forums is OTP this year

Wait wut? Why? I mean how? I am confused about this pairing.

Pic related, it was a random GET out of the blue so they went with it. /pol/ population is like 10x what it was 6 months ago so they have an assload of drawfags etc.

>this lack of Cyberpunk music
Step it up senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=39zKhsT5naI
youtube.com/watch?v=-PKV79lug54
youtube.com/watch?v=YL_uyvISxpQ

Added. Make sure to link the songs from Youtube!

>Wait wut? Why? I mean how? I am confused about this pairing.
/pol/ let the repeating digits decide.
The reason it's so hype is that they summoned an ancient egyption god to push brexit and trump this year, and could probably have taken half of Veeky Forums as there haram if haram where of course not degenerate.
It's a shame /co/ is so married, we never do fun things together anymore.

They have a shared love of gas, petrol, and other fire-starting fluids. They also love machines that can kill.

I've been meaning to run a game of Shadowrun for a while, now. This might come in handy. Anything else?

oh, and added these too

Stick this as first song.
youtube.com/watch?v=tMlKmELIhgY

Pick and choose as you see fit. I highly recommend Lazerhawk and Danial Deluxe.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGDzl76g_l3ZBcpNmjgrkf53uu4QbTSJ4

>could probably have taken half of Veeky Forums
but it is still /pol/ ...hell if there is a NE board it is /pol/.

letting gets decide sound like /pol/ alright ...but the way it was discribed as OTP and so on is strange to say at last

I don't know what's more pathetic, the thought that there are people that upset about their board not being invited to a fake party for made up imageboard mascots, or the thought that people are pretending to be that upset """ironically"""

Worst of all, it's almost certainly a mix

In honor of Super Stand Sundays.
youtube.com/watch?v=W6tOvCqoNuQ

What are the requirements for the playlist?

It's mostly because they're producing exponentially the most OC, most of which is of pretty good quality.

Just that the music be suitable for Veeky Forums. Which is pretty much every form of music because of how diverse the board is.

That doesn't sound like the kazoo remix.

Keep it Veeky Forums, /vp/, or Veeky Forums themed for our dates, I guess. Beyond that, go nuts.

Just don't touch it. Observe from afar as one would a retarded giraffe trying to dislodge its head from its ass.

A) It's cool
B) It's Veeky Forums related, or fa/tg/uy related which aren't necessary the same thing.
Go.

Literally laughing out loud like a faggot... (LLOLLAF)

Also, here are some warhammer (and warhammer like) tunes I posted last thread, but I realized that I should probably send you guys the links, and that some weren't that good...

So here is a pruned version of them!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FnrWTQgkEcE

m.youtube.com/watch?v=feDOFqK2G7g

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1bNSLzfMBo4

m.youtube.com/watch?v=rd9AwY67xPE

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VVForbNDSyw

Added

As much as I want to add this, a ten minute meme won't do.

>be robot
>invent pepe
>years later /pol/ make Pepe their own and win the US elections with it
>/pol/ decide to repay you by getting you a winter ball date
>have a /pol/ drawfriend redesign your drawfriend
>likely your only chance at your board-tan getting a date with another board-tan
>decide to ignore big brother /pol/'s advice to take /e/ and ask /pol/ to get you /int/
>/pol/ gets you /int/
>hold strawpoll confirming you want /int/
>be robot
>realize this is going well
>holyshitthiscantberight.jpg
>immediately form conspiracy from really shitty B movie about highschool bully victim
>find one post in /c/ thread where one guy from /pol/ asked about a double date
>immediately think that your conspiracy theory was not nearly accurate and decide that /pol/ just wants /c/ and [s4s] as a double date
>ignore the fact that no one has said anything about this to /pol/ or Veeky Forums
>shitpost yourself into autistic fit
>blame /pol/ bogeyman for trying to cuck you
>get legitimately scared of being cucked as an anonymous image board by another anonymous image board
>start to think "/pol/ was right to begin with lets just drop /int/"
>start shitposting civil war between those with balls and those who are genuinely scared over the Veeky Forums winter fucking ball
>have second and third strawpoll and have /int/ win both
>sperg out over sabotage
>think /pol/ now want you to be cucked by /int/ and are rigging polls
>some people decide to go for /int/ anyway
>/int/ still says yes despite the raging autism but says the date is platonic and that their only rule is no lewds
>immediately decide to find a drawfag to make lewds
>get dropped by /int/
>have /pol/ give up on you
>apologize to /int/ and /pol/
>apologies accepted - /int/ even consider going to the ball next year (platonically)
>notenough.jpg
>decide to sperg out and shoot up ball because you sperged out and lost your date
>be robot
>tfw no gf

That sure is some green pasta. So what's this about, then?

/pol/o/ are going to run him over in the parking lot, don't worry.

Falseflagger who was probably angry that /pol/ didn't pick /x/

More vidya than Veeky Forums, but still fit

youtube.com/watch?v=piF-SXM2gJ4

youtube.com/watch?v=bLM76rxE-tw

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZxrWMilec4