Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

How villainous are your villains?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/glimmering-infusion-sp
paizo.com/products/btpy9oo7?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Villain-Codex
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/bardic-masterpieces/masterpieces/battle-song-of-the-people-s-revolt-percussion-wind
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So, is there any information on large extraplanar cities, like Dis? What the populations are, major features, etc.

Come on guys, pls.

But back then Lisa Stevens hired MMO developer Ryan Dancey to develop the Pathfinder MMO, in spite of Dancey's horrible track record with games. This was a purely personal move because they're old friends. It's one of many bad decisions that basically led to the state Paizo is now in and why I left.

Pathfinder Online was developed by the independently owned (but Paizo-backed) company Goblinworks, and Paizo invested a VERY substantial sum of money in the company. Way too much.

So as a result of this investment, there were no bonuses allotted to salaried employees that year. I wouldn't be surprise if they're still denying everyone their bonuses.

Goblinworks failed to deliver the promised product and, in spite of months of us trying to warn upper management that Pathfinder Online was fucked, the plug wasn't pulled on Goblinworks until the 11th fucking hour, way past the point of being able to salvage the company. By this point Paizo pumped so much money into Goblinworks that they were entering financial dire straits. The Goblinworks folks tried but Paizo just gave the fuck up, which I can't blame them for. It's way too little too late.

Paizo became so short on finances that they were unable to maintain the development of the VTT software or essential upgrades to their proprietary forum/store back-end.

I heard that since my departure Paizo's started to intentionally delay payment of contractors (artists and freelance writers) in order to juggle financial burdens from month to month in a pretty blatant breach of contract.

Nah man I've heard some of the last she shit is thousands of dollars per contractor. Some past-due payments wouldn't even be delivered if the contractor "didn't notice" and as a result some payments were out more than a year because folks didn't notice they were getting fucked.

Oh and get this. Following a change in the way salaried employees hours are tracked in Washington State, with regards to overtime hours, Paizo cut salaried employees hours down and assigned them additional contracted "freelance" work to make up the dividend. Paizo employees often work 12 hour days (or more), for an average of $35,000 annually with few benefits. And that's on the high end of salary.

Not counting Erik, Lisa and Vic

Pathfinder product lines are a constant juggling of resources. This is what culminated in the decision to develop the 2nd Edition of the Pathfinder RPG I mentioned before

Pathfinder v2 (or the Revised Edition of the Pathfinder RPG) development started in-house a while back and substantial resources are allocated from other departments (normally handling campaign setting, player companion, and other product lines.)

Increased financial burdens meant that no additional staff could be hired, obviously, meaning salaried employees were effectively working double shift to meet project deadlines. It's almost like in other games companies isn't it?

After I left Paizo it was pretty clear their diminished revenue lead to an increased reliance on licensed products (comics, novels, audiobooks, teleplays, etc). Starfinder RPG looks and sounds like a pretty blatant marketing scheme for licensing. I'd bet Pathfinder 2 either became Starfinder or Starfinder is a stealth beta for what they were working on with PF2.

There's so many other glaring problems I could mention like the GenCon industry insider fiasco which blew me away when I heard a it it. But, frankly, I'm tired of it. "

Not very, I like to have the BBEG's generals be the more sympathetic ones and the ones to have debates over ideals compared to the BBEG himself.

stop reporting this.

stop reporting this.

For fuck's sake dude, cut it out with the bullshit copypasta. We've seen it before and we don't care.

reposting*

stupid fucking phone.

>So, is there any information on large extraplanar cities, like Dis? What the populations are, major features, etc.

There were extraplanar cities listed in that book about the Elements.

Is the Villain's Codex out?

If anything, he should've been Misandrist, because it was his Brother who he thought was a feckless fool, and he Himself was the first traitor.

Unless, he was actually a chick at the time, then became a FtM in his grief after killing his brother and decided to blame his feminine energy for making her kill her bro.

That would also explain the whole Wily Linguist thing

We literally do not care. Everyone knows PF Online has been dead on ass for YEARS now.

>his feminine energy for making her kill her bro.
And Lo. Asmodeus became the god of PMS until Iomadae took the reigns.

>until Iomadae took the reigns.

NOTHING SUGGESTS IOMEDAE IS A MOODY STRUMPET, SHE'S JUST A DUTIFUL PALADIN OF PALADINING THAT IS TRYING TO FILL BOOTS MANY TIMES HER USUAL SIZE.

Man, the only bad part about the Ectoplasmatist is the spiritualist's sub-par touch spell list.

>MOODY STRUMPET,
But she does have Moody Trumpets

Thats a trumpeting.jpg

I wonder who could be behind this post...

At the time there wasn't really a male and female difference. We associate Asmodeus with being masculine, but he existed before the concept of masculine and feminine was a thing.

The trumpets only come out if you're being a whiny little baby :^)

May man, you don't get it.
Ammo isnt God of Shark Week
He's the God of Reverse Traps

That sounds exactly what a moody trumpet strumpet would say

You see, I thought that but decided not to go there.
Pray the shitposters don't notice this.

Oooh you're getting me angry, Iomedae did NOTHING WRONG, if your party does what she WANTS you to do than the trumpets don't even happen!

TRUMPETS ARE A FAIL-STATE, A FAIL-STATE!

TRUMPET STRUMPET

>TRUMPETS ARE A FAIL-STATE, A FAIL-STATE!
Oh, I get it now. She's not a moody trumpet strumpet
She's the David Cage of Deities

I just realized how fucking wrong are long jump and high jump are at high speed.

At 1800 kmph your long jump is 280 meters (assuming you roll a 10) according to the manual, at starting velocity of nearly mach 2 and 45º inclination you only travel a distance of 280 meters?

There are worse ways to doot.

Pic isn't Skeltal because his is the best and highest form of dooting.

Also how do I Lucio? Is there a Bard archetype that also does healing and gofast?

>you will never duo app with someone where you each use bard on one half of a gestalt.

What would you want in a duo app /pfg/?

>The Acts of Iomedae is actually the Sadness Saga
>She made a scrapbook of Aroden to show him how much she wanted to be /his girl/

>How villainous are your villains?
Ranges based upon the nature of their evil.

For example of a more extreme villain,

Aasimar Cleric (Hidden Priest) of Folca

He pretended to be a priest of Sarenrae, and worked heavily with child protective services/orphanages. Often arranging for adoptions or guardians/caregivers. This has lead to some fucked up things, like children housed with people simply to sate those individuals desires, or smuggled into minimum security prison as a reward for certain valuable inmates. At one point he even had PCs' working for him doing odd jobs like transporting a child to their new "loving" loving family. And when the children's use was over they were discarded, often to asylums or the slums. Some even killed.

His inspiration came from the various characters of Jeffrey Epstein, Jimmy Saville, Mark Dutroux, and the various incidents of trafficking in Boystown, Franklin Scandal, Ponchatoula etc.

Other villains have included contract killers, crimelords/drug kingpins, petty thieves, reflective cannibals, angels of death/angels of mercy, visionaries/mission oriented, etc.

It all kinda depends on the environment you're interjecting the villain into, what kind of feel you want to go with and how you feel the players can handle the content.

>What would you want in a duo app /pfg/?

Well I mean, I'm totally up for duo apping for that RotJR campaign, I just need to see what people expect out of the connection.

probably lewdness

Someone who loves lewd butt stuff as a cute petite girl

So I'm playing a Groetus Warpriest. Thinking of playing them as something in the vein of a PF take on a doomsday prepper - sound about right?

Groetus worshipers are almost uniformly insane, their schtick was to be the Lovecrafting "touched by madness" types before the Elder Gods were slapped on the setting.

Well, that depends on who I end up building.

For the Dhampir Tyrant, I'd need a moral anchor to keep him from doing anything TOO unholy.

For the Rahadoumi Cavalier, probably someone to keep him from saying anything too blasphemous.

I have yet to figure out what racial options involve Giant heritage, but a big Giant-blooded dope would need someone with some realm smarts and enough moral fibre to not exploit them.

Do you want a petite girl whose into butt stuff or is that you?

>Dhampir Tyrant
What is this?

Well that's a problem, because my character isn't exactly lewd.

I've had it with these motherfucking dragons!

the former

>You'll never play a cyberpunk campaign as D&D characters
Man I just want to sling spells on motorcycles.

The Life Budding In Salted Earth Masterpiece can give people Fast Healing.

And while it isn't a continuous thing, the Triple Time Masterpiece lets you spend a minute and one round of bardic performance to boost an ally's speed by 10ft for an hour.

A Dhampir Tyrant Antipaladin built to emulate an Unholy-spec Death Knight as much as possible, right down to claiming he does what the living cannot.

...what's going on in the bottom part of that picture?

Butt stuff with a bad dragon dong.

What disciplines are good for a natural attack initiator?

I've already got Broken Blade and Fool's Errand, but I need something to fill my third slot.

You should google Shadowrun

What is your character? Mine isn't really that lewd either.

Hey! That's my mother you fucker!

If it's for the RotJR game, you're out of luck. Everyone is either an amazon or a bishie.

Side note: I can't be the only who reads RotJR as Return of the Jedi.

Ain't no one who plays that around here.
Chimera Soul

Good god, what the hell is this?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/glimmering-infusion-sp

Apparently alchemists can get spontaneous glitterdust with scaling DC and area? what the fuck?

petite is dead in golarion, only amazons and bishies.

not for RotJR, just in a general duo app sense

Of course dummy, they're all over at What are you doing in /pfg/

>Chimera Soul
Thanks user. Good call.

>What is your character?

A retired swordlord living in Sandpoint who discovered the stroke of a paintbrush isn't too different from the stroke of a sword!

>paizo.com/products/btpy9oo7?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Villain-Codex

The PDF is available tomorrow.

If its anything like the NPC Codex, there's only going to be core classes.

If my math isn't wrong, a 70 kg human moving at 500 m/s (1800 kmph) should travel a distance of 25.5 km with an initial angle of 45º

I don't know exactly what it was but our DM won't allow artificers because they can make a bomb that throws out 3 spells at once or something.

It's not great. Glitterdust as cast by a level 3 wizard covers a 16 square area over a hundred feet away. Glitterdust as cast by a level 16 Alchemist covers a 6 square area adjacent to the Alchemist, with a DC 4 higher.

It's literally pocketsand though.

Is 2hu still in that game?

no

No, he left weeks ago.

Thanks brah.

>there's only going to be core classes.
Fuck...why must you do this, Paizo?

Area doesn't matter as much as the DC here, since you'll likely be casting it on one or two targets tops. But glitterdust is probably the single most powerful level 2 spell in the game and this gives a player the ability to cast it spontaneous with a DC increase. Imagine this on a vivisectionist, if nothing else.

>getting worried over the RotJR game and it's applications won't even open for another month or so.
I wish I wasn't so shit at writing, lads.

Man, that's gonna be tough to work into mine since I drastically changed shit around.
Literally no one is in the game at the moment. It's a mailing list.

why, we're all shit here

I'm getting kinda hype for the e8 mercs game that one guy wanted to make

Hopefully they do advance their mindset and bring their other supplements to bear and good use in the Villain's Codex.

Oh also?

It's not in his actual abilities in-game, but...

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/bardic-masterpieces/masterpieces/battle-song-of-the-people-s-revolt-percussion-wind

He needs this.

Don't sweat it. Like at all. No one is expecting Hemingway or Tolkien out of you.

You could always wait and just ask what the GM is looking for in applicants.

It's all about practice, user!

Just kidding, it's theft! Stealing! Plagiarism! Read character applications you like and start stealing the shit that sounds good. That's the sign of a good writer, take phrases or writing styles and ROLL WITH IT.

>Man, that's gonna be tough to work into mine since I drastically changed shit around.

What's your character?

Man, looking at the Masterpieces just makes me think that this is what bardic abilities shoulda been.

Rather than just 'at X level, you get Y performance', it shoulda been you get to pick from a list every other level or something. So not every bard has the same damn things unless they swap them out via archetypes.

Has paizo released anything for sorcs since the bloodline mutations?

I know, it's just a bit frustrating knowing there only pain lies down this road to Hell we are walking.

A lot of classes really should have just been like that, desu. Some archetypes look more like they should have been part of a talent list than a whole archetype.

Yeah.

Bards and Gunslingers are the ones that most immediately come to mind.

There should be variation provided WITHIN a class, not just out of it.

I don't know if it's only going to be core classes.

The NPC Codex came out after Ultimate Combat, and it didn't have any archetypes.

It might have been too much effort.

If the Villain Codex is core only, we could write and generate statblocks for better villains and organizations.

Just as much pleasure as there is pain, you should hope. Applying for any game is a risk, but such is the way with any investment.

My advice? Go on Myth-Weavers and check out the Pathfinder advertisements, read applications and study what they do that make your creative juices flow. Game of Thrones is a surprisingly fantastic source of easily digestible character types and ways to convey information. I'd recommend that too.

To a lesser degree, Magus as well. Medium and Heavy armor shouldn't have been gated so far into the class, and spell combat/spellstrike should have probably been scaled differently.

Also more Arcana should be actually worthwhile. POOL STRIKE SHOULD HAVE HAD AN OPTION TO MAKE IT AT-WILL DAMNIT.

Hey Drifter, how you doing?

Hey PFG, which dev who stops by on the boards would you most want to have run a game for here?

What we need to do is scrounge up some gms to pick up the stragglers from the RoTJR main game. Then we'll have RoTJR universe B and RoTJR universe C

Eternally salty about class design, you?

Buhlmann

Business as usual, bro. Business as usual.

>would you most want to have run a game for here?

I would unironically want James Jacobs to run a campaign for us.

Depends on the context.

To bitch about? Mark Moreland, Eric Wesley Schneider or James Jacobs
To antagonize? Bulmahn
To derail? Jessica Price or Crystal Frasier
To enjoy? Mark Seifter or Jon Compton

This almost makes me want to write a sort of Magus 2.0 that has actual class features.

>Universe B and C
>missing out on D through L, and especially universe Z and 2A through 2C
>universe M and 2D can suck an egg, though, nobody likes those

There's certainly enough people interested in playing. Who'd be up for GMing RoTJR?

Rather than just spellstrike/combat which you get both of by level two, leaving almost the entire rest of the class more or less inconsequential to most things you'll do outside of the fact that casting classes multiclass like a brick flies?

Do it, then call it the Unchained Magus.

It would be pretty nice to have more classes that are as modular as the vigilante, Magus especially. Pool Strike becoming just a standard part of the class is probably a good idea so it isn't "ALL SHOCKING GRASP ALL THE TIME".

If you make it spheres compatible, I suggest making spell combat be spread out so it's one attack + spell at base, then later on let you use it to "full attack + cast spell". That way if you just dip, all you get is the ability to cast a spell and make one (two with spellstrike) attack. Hell, that might be a good idea for just the NORMAL magus, even. Nerfs hasted Magi a little, but doesn't fuck with the baseline too much.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

As the GM for the "main" game in this hypothetical scenario, someone please volunteer. I was seriously considering running extra games so there wouldn't be people left out, but I don't have time to run 8+ sessions a week.