EDH/Commander General

Better Call Leovold Edition

Old Thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&type= ["Artifact"]&text= [charge] [counter]
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/etherium-mastery/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/long-live-the-king-v2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for autism.

>play my Yisan deck today
>win 3 out of 5

I'm so proud of myself, I almost never win. I kinda want to make it even better now.

Trying to figure out what the fuck I'm supposed to do with Atraxa. I have a Lilliana and a few other decent planeswalkers, is Super Friends fun?

just make super friends or infect like everyone else

Infect if you want to have fun, super friends if your a faggot.

>is Super Friends fun?
I've never seen the appeal, but people keep building it so I guess?

>what the fuck am I supposed to do with Atraxa
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&type= ["Artifact"]&text= [charge] [counter]
Go wild

What are the best ways of making sure silas connects?

I personally got bored of my old Rubinia Superfriends deck. Either you draw enough control to keep everyone from dogpiling them or you just kind of autopilot to victory.

I prefer the infect or voltron options for her.

Sidar Kondo

>infect
Skithiryx did nothing wrong.

His bestest buddy Sidar.

Piloted one guy's BUR EDH deck when I'd just learned the format, Bolas commanding. Lots of Jaces, Daretti fetching artifacts, Ob Nixilis for destruction or life, and black mainly for control reasons and that asshole from the Theros block. And Bolas the Walker made the table collectively wince. When I had the only creature, Bolas, and the Walker out, it was pretty sweet.

i have him partnered with akiri

>infect
>fun

I mean I guess if you like making the game unfun for others. Fuck that garbage mechanic, and fuck the Phyrexians for bringing it with them.

That's a totally different deck than one worried about connecting with Silas then. Eithner way you should be playing Swords.

>Being a giant butthurt casual in 2016

In that case the usual equipment like Whispersilk Cloak, Prowler's Helm, etc.

If you were at my table I'd compleat you first

>years later and people are still THIS mad over an ability that is basically double strike

Quadruple strike, though not that infect decks are broken.

personally I run a mix of infect, superfriends, and +1/+1 counter tribal while its not very specific or reliable I can usually pull off a combination of the three and proliferate poison counters if shit gets hairy, however be prepared to get a target painted on you early as atraxa screams focus me first to most people.

Superfriends is something that seems like it's going to be fun, because it's a bunch of unique, strong cards, but it's deceptively repetitive and takes blue-tier length turns.

There are 3 people in my playgroup that have superfriends decks and I only see one of the superfriends decks actually played maybe once every two months. Makes me think everyone that has one doesn't like it.

They're also about as middle-tier as it gets.

>all that salt over a easily beatable mechanic

Oh and Trailblazer Boots.

>
What makes you think this?
I enjoy playing with and against infect decks.
It's decks that aren't infect decks but run Tainted Strike just in case they play with a Timmy that really get me rustled.

This. Tainted Strike is bonkers but you have to run so many shitty cards to make a 100-card singleton infect deck.

>tainted strike + precursor golem

Spicy!!

Why is he expensive now? People using him too much or his price raised so people won't be using him too much?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/etherium-mastery/

How does this look to you guys?

I want to fuck that robot.

What is the most boring deck of your play group? pic related

How many wheels is too many for Yidris?

Show me on the doll where the Blightsteel touched you

Shame She clearly doesn't have a hole to fuck

>counting to ten instead of 21 or 40

phrexians go home

This card, man.

It's good.

Don't tell me what I can and can't do

We could figure something out

funny, i dont mind it as a side win con or a combat trick because they are easier to deal with.

Looks solid. Props for the Salvaging Station, that thing can put in some serious work.

How about Master Transmuter, Spine of Ish Sah, Hex Parasite, or Sandstone Oracle? And I Top is considered OP in some groups but if you don't have anything against it you should definitely run one.

My artifact deck has a bit of a tapping theme to it, but Voltaic Key, Clock of Omens, Unwinding Clock, and Lux Cannon are decent cards in their own right

>Whispering Madness on Yidris
>with a Whispersilk equipped

The ride never ends

>not inventing a hole

do you even artifice, bro?

>It's good.
Huh? What? Why? How?

is the open hostility precon worth a shit? its the only one of the 5 that i have not opened and i just cant bring myself to care about it. should i just sell it?

>being this add mad over a mechanic that has a hard counter creature and is easily dealt with using removal spells
You know how I can tell your a pleb?

when you sensei's divining top and everything is shit

>all those wheel effects
Looks like spicy good stuff going on there.

That or Scroll Rack. Shuffling away a bunch of crappy cards that would fuck up your next few draws is nice.

i can deal when its a side con, but skrillix the wub dragon as a general can fuck right off

Is Breya the same character as pic related?

I can understand hating papa skittles (though keep in mind inorder to make a mono black infect means usually alot of shitty cards with skittles being the main facebeater so if you run anything blue or white you should be fine) but yea infect as the main wincon is pretty douchy but as a secondary is fine.

No but they are both top tier robo-qts

Any recommendations on cuts for those includes? Also, thoughts on Panharmonicon?

Yo! Ima scrub and have 4 edited precons but want to build my own deck from scratch. What are the proper deck proportions? I know it is highly variable from deck to deck but in general what should i have as far as number of lands/creatures/artifacts/enchanments/instans/sorceries?

I see on here usually 33- 42 lands with 10 pieces of ramp and 10 pieces of card draw. which leaves only 46 to 37 cards to play with.

I'm trying to do Queen Marchesa Tokens/Pillowfort. I'm working on the land base right now but it seems kinda greedy.

Isolated Chapel
Dragonskull Summit
Clifftop Retreat
Temples of Silence/Triumph/Malice
Gates (Rakdos, Boros, Orzohv)
Nomad Outpost
Smoldering Marsh
Rogues Passage
Vault of the Archangel
Throne of the High City
Bojuka Bog
Command Tower
Arcane Lighthouse
Homeward Path
Evolving wilds/Teramorphic exspanse
Westvale Abbey
SpringJack Pasture
Urborg, Tomb of yawgmoth
Cabal Coffers
Temple of the False Gods
Karoo lands (orzhov, rakdos, boros)
Reliquary tower

So my group is still attempting to fix the power level using the 2016 commanders. The only rule being we can change out only 10 cards from the other decks. I plan on using yidris for this since I lack nekusar so what cards that are only in the 2016 decks should I replace/use?

so this will be a thing soon

I NEED ONE!

Tough call, you've got a lot of good value cards. Possibly Stoneforge Mystic because you only have a few tutor targets, Sphinx of the Steel Wind because you don't need that many beaters, and Sphinx's Revelation because it looks like you're already drowning in card advantage. The Ashnod's Altar also looks a little suspect to me, like the Ironworks is just strictly better.

More likely, though, you'll want to replace a couple of your rocks or baubles. Just play out the deck a few times and see what happens. You have a good base.

>HNNNNNG

Magus of the Will
Lightning Greaves/Swiftfoot Boots
Collective Voyage
Godo, Bandit Warlord (Tutor for Greaves/Cloak/Boots)
Psychosis Crawler
Vulturous Zombie
Blasphemous Act
Wight of Precinct Six
Chasm Skulker

Any recommendations for my Darien deck? I was thinking of cutting something in favor of Enlightened Tutor (or maybe even Skyship Weatherlight/Ring of Three Wishes) for some more tutoring power.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/long-live-the-king-v2/

He's seeing play in Legacy.

Thanks bud. My deck will be shit but hopefully it will stop the complaints

Thoughts on this card? Part of me wants to play it, but another part of me knows my group is very much a Big Mana type of group, so it'd probably be useless most of the time

Messing around with my Nahiri deck since it has a weird curve when it gets to 5-7 CMC range with five 5cmc cards and seven 6cmc cards and tops out with one Elesh Norn.

Trying to put Martial Coup in and that could introduce a second potential 7cmc in replace for one 6cmc card to even things out.

Angel of Dire Hour might be fun to put back in

My question is what's everyone's experience with pic related in the 99? As of now I only run 11 keyword cards that can enable him to proc an ability for combat, 1 for indestructible, 1 for doublestrike, 1 for shroud, 2 for haste, 2 for flying, 1 for first strike, 2 trample, and a whopping 6 for vigilance and not counting other global vigilance effects in the deck. It feels like it could work introducing huge combat blowouts but then he also feels like a weaker Angelic Skirmisher.

It's not terrible in Gaddock Teeg or GAAIV

Will my friends still play with me if I build Leovold?

I was going to run it in Slobad or Daretti. Can't decide on which of the two to helm the deck though

What are the must have planeswalkers for an Atraxa superfriends list?

Ajani Mentor of Heroes, Bant Tamiyo, Elspeth, Knight Errant, Elspeth, Sun's Champion, other blue fuckers.

if i have sakashima copy someone's fat ass and then bounce it with venser, does saki remain unaffected?

What's stopping you

Do you have absolutely no idea how copying creatures works? Maybe you shouldn't be playing Sakashima.

>Go to Lady Planeswalkers society as a guest
>Ask the sluts there for EDH night if they want to play strip EDH with losers going down on winner
>Am now banned

God I hate SJWs and white knights

Seems pretty greedy but if your meta plays no Ruination or Wave of Vitriol, then why not. I'd always play 10-12 basics just in case. In non-green you're pretty much obliged to play around 38 lands if you want to consistently draw into them. Signets are key to fix colors. Add Ash Barrens. Karoos are cool for budget, but are hella slow. Be sure to include Expedition Map and the likes to find your utility lands.

magister sphinx tamiyo journal sen triplets

i was so excited when I built it but I've since learned that tokens are incredibly boring. every game is the same; i wait for people to waste their board wipes then pillow fort and make lods of etokns that nobody notices because they're just dice on a forest, get overrun or craterhoof and murder two people, then either do it again next turn or die in between. the only time I even kind of have fun is when I counter board wipes with jank like wrap in vigor.

Sakashima is affected. Once he leaves play he is no longer the copied creature, flickering with venser or any other flicker source will require him to copy something else to not die unless you have an anthem out

i hate when i try to harass women and get shut down too

>Asking sluts for fuck is harassment

cuck as fuck

anyone use ihsan's shade as a commander?

You should have been cool and play with them a few times to know the people
Then you can suggest strip edh

Should have played it cool man

I was having a sexual emergency.

no, and i dont see a reason why you would. white is one of the weakest colours in edh, and it already fails the vanilla test.

are you fucking with him or are you equally retarded? once sakashima has copied something he doesnt give a fuck where it goes, he is that creature with the altered name and extra ability. it says nothing on the card or in the rulings about the coped creature leaving the field causing sakashima to revert. even if your retarded logic DID apply, sakashima has base toughness of 1, he doesnt need an anthem to stay alive without being a copy of something.

jesus, Veeky Forums

Desperate much

Stop being Islamophobic

Yeah i was going to fill the rest of the land slots with basics after i got the bread and potatoes of the deck down to make sure i got the right proportions of basic mana.

Is there also any real way for me to tutor for the checklands/battlelands/shocklands outside of green/fetches. I'm trying to do budget and i don't feel like dropping $40 up for a fetch but love using my gem of becoming in nekusar to get my shocks

He's cool looking, I'd rather play pic related

Yidris mill bois lemme hear your spicy tech for a stupid thing.

Well my bad on forgetting he had a 1 toughness but no need to work yourself up, fuckface. Also re-read my post to prevent looking more retarded if possible in the future
>Once sakashima leaves play HE is no longer the copied creature

I've had Odric 2.0 singlehandedly win me games. I play a Kemba Voltron with as much Indesc. and Hexproof as I can find. Once you find your Warhammer or Grappling Hook it's basically over. Great secondary equip target if your general gets killed a lot.

I need to hear stories of snarky players getting blown the fuck out.

Guys when I read Breya all I read is "WBRX tokens with artifact subtheme". What shit should be an auto include? What are the best overlaps and synergies in these colors?

Putting the final touches on my sliver overlord deck, wondering what suggestions for mass creature return you guys have i.e Living Death and Patriarch's Bidding??