Evil Game

Hey fuck boys, what type of setting would make a good evil game also what does it take to make a good evil game.

A supers-setting game of course. Highest chance to avoid (although not 100% foolproof) shitty edgy murder types and you also don't have to worry about getting slaughtered by town mobs.

The superhero genre also has plenty of inspiration to work with when it comes to villain teams.

An evil town where dancing is forbidden.

my nigga is that Dick Dastardly

First off, make it clear to the players that evil doesn't mean being disruptive to anyone else. They should make an evil character who is able and willing(to a degree) to work with other people.

That said, a campy superhero setting where the party play a Legion of Doom committing crimes could be amusing and fun, and being campy means they're less likely to be backstabbing edgelords if you apply the "work together" thing I mentioned earlier.

Would my players be angry if I forced them to not kill eachother like have a evil dictator that will spank them if they betray soldiers loyal to their cause

Eh, being that directly heavy handed might piss them off even more.

Really, I'd just make them understand that evil or not, this is still a cooperative game, and imply that going against the party in general's interests over dumb shit might piss them off and make them kill them for it.

Basically, make it clear that they need toi work together beforehand, and if it starts going south, talk to them out of character first.

How about a cartoon-y evil game? Every session you devise more and more elaborate schemes to achieve some fairly mundane goal.

that could be dank

is it even possible to have a dank D&D evil game

More like disappointed. You're not bad guys if your behavior is expected and there's a central worse guy, that's antiheroes, that's being the good enough guys. Dick Dastardly needs to cheat and everybody else needs to be shocked and appalled.

The forces of good won the ultimate battle and wiped out all traces of evil.

A long-forgotten prophecy tells of a day when evil would be re-introduced to a now sinless world. That day has come. It's time to recreate the balance between good and evil.

And that's just off the top of my head. Shit, do you have any idea how interesting it would be to have evil characters in a world where no one has been evil or done evil for untold generations? At first, no one would have any reason to believe that you could tell lies, that you can hurt people intentionally, that you'd take something that's not yours. You get to break that and help it spread. You get to hunt down the greatest sources of good anywhere and bring them down so that a world of white gains some gray and black.

>take something that's not yours
In a sinless world, there's probably very little ownership. You could fuck over the communities by taking more than your fair share, or just all of it.

Silver-age Supers.
Go for the absolute craziest schemes.

I thought Way of the Wicked (fire mountain games I think) was a pretty well done evil campaign you may want to look into it. I'm too tired to write a big summary but it takes a group from prisoners to evil tyrants.

Second this guy, I'm playing this converted to 5e and it works pretty well. You're given good reasons to work together (even if someone in the party is neutral or CG), but you still need to have players that can pull it off without going full cartoon villain early and skip out on the lesser evils like stabbing servants in the street in favor if the greater evil payoffs that come from keeping a low profile.

This is your party.

>what does it take to make a good evil game.
Make sure Every character has a cast iron reason not to betray each other until the endgame, if at all, before you approve them.
Not just a backstory rationale, explicitly ask them why Lolrape Orphankiller will work with Selfish McDickstab, and likewise why he will tolerate Inquisitor Purge, etc.

Make sure they know evil doesn't mean stupid, that even villains need good PR, and cooperation is just as vital to evil people, if not more so than others.

For the love of God, don't penalise them for not being retard evil.
Some dickheads claim that a lack of public arson and covering your tracks with public displays of good means you're heading towards good

Shadowrun always seemed to be the easiest game and setting to have evil pc's. The average shadowrun group is a bunch of renegade murderers for hire who are willing to betray anyone. Tell me that's not evil.

Check out Psycho-Pass in that case. You might find it interesting.

You guys wouldn't happen to have a PDF of it would you

You basically need a place recovering from a recent disaster, where there is a power vacuum and a lot of different factions. Also, some critical resource like oil, land or water (or time) needs to be very scarse in order to enable all the dickassery and backstabbing, but also to encourage the players to work together most of the time.

Glorious.

I wish my players will probably go full edgelord