>Outdated FAQs and Errata:
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

First for Starship Troopers is a terrible movie, great book.

Friendly discussion my ass
just look at the last thread
also, FIRST FOR THE GREATER GOOD

Second for Dark Eldar
Distracted by the Starship Troopers comment last thread

Obligatory Thread's Question Post:

Any games coming up?

Working on any models?

Planning your next expansion for your army?

I have failed you archons
I will submit myself to the nearest haemonculus for experiments of his choosing

First for space marine need a buff and their special rules need a nerf.

Tacticals are one of the most overpriced troop choices in the game next to death watch marines.

Guard and Inquisition versus... Guard and Inquisition this weekend. Yeah.

Not at the moment, I am for once in my fucking life on top of my collection.

More Guardsmen.

>Guard and Inquisition versus... Guard and Inquisition this weekend. Yeah.

They...they're just calling each other heretics and shooting each other down there...

How good are the Militarum Tempestus?

I wish I had games coming up, one of the main points of the hobby for me is showing off my models and playing games but no one else being that interested is killing me.

I wanted to paint some more guard to add in to my army but no one is interested these days.
It's weird because a friend of mine dropped a shit ton of cash on a GSC army with loads of russes and infantry guys and he hasn't even built them, he's 'gone cold' on the hobby.

Got a 2v1 game coming up.
1 csm (500 point) + 1 Ork (500 point) vs 1000 Tau (me)
Wondering how to magnetise broadsides or whether to say fuck it and glue HYMP onto it since HRR is shit. Also waiting on my ghostkeel to be delivered.
Was kinda wondering about picking up a riptide (I currently have 0) but I don't want to be that guy, so i was thinking about picking up the new fw barracuda.
Also thinking about starting a militarum tempestus + assassinorum army

SKITARII

Why no Vanguards in the new box?

Fuck Electro priests!

Pretty good, but they are hard to play alone, kind of like imperial version of deldar.
As an allied detachment they are very toasty to all imperial forces except skitarii where they are ok

How are you finding playing tau? I've been thinking of starting an army but I've still got my csm to work on

Because it was an Ad Mech box, not just Skitarii.

I find playing tau quite fun, I've tried to avoid being cheesy by not running the larger battlesuits and by using armies with a seeker missile focus as well as infiltrating units
Remora drones are great value. 90 points for 2 seekers, 2 hp, shrouded and networked markerlight with long barreled burst cannons yes please

Actually, my opponent's Inquisitor is Ordo Xenos. And a psyker. Puritan Hereticus edicts state that he must die.
>for none can touch the warp and emerge unscathed

It's 3 Cult units, 2 Skitarii

One of those is a useless waste of space elite

Only 1 troop among all those

It makes no sense aside from GW wanting to clear out electros that nobody wants to buy

WHERES THE NEW CHAOS BATTLEFORCE I THOUGHT I WAS EXPECTING. GOD DAMN IT I DONT WANT TAU.

That sounds rad. If these new battleforces coming out turn out to be good value I'll definitely start as a side army.
I'll definitely end up as that guy though and field a mecha army

If you play with death from the skies, and you're the only one who brought an air unit, you get a +1 to all reserve rolls.

If you also brought Cato Sicarius (who gives +1 to reserve rolls) do you get auto-success on reserves? Are the any rolls saying reserve rolls can not be better than 2+?

GOD DAMN IT, I HATE IT WHEN GW RELEASES NEW BOXES FOR ARMIES PEOPLE ACTUALLY PLAY, ARGHHH

Sorry only one Heretic box a set and SW beat you to it.

I feel your pain user. The start collecting box is an insult

But the tau set is exactly what I need to finish up my army.

Thanks Gdubs

They picked the best-selling armies to make boxes for.

>tfw the reason people don't want to play chaos is because GW never releases new boxes or good shit for them

As a general rule a roll of 1 is always a fail.
But then you're actually using DftS non-ironically, and also have Sicarius, so you're probably a turbofaggot who doesn't care about that.

This is why I can't understand why they're making plastic Sisters. Nobody plays Sisters, GW, stop wasting your money and give us more Marines.

I have played against a that guy tau player who brought a stormsurge in a 1000 point game, I still won, only because he did not realise that he had to deal with flyers. The new battleforces looks really good imo. Just make sure you get 1 more xv25 stealth team and combine it with the xv95 and 25s from the box and get that OSC out and running. Broadsides are always nice but HYMP is a lot better than HRR. Pathdinders are nice but special weapons are useless and I do not personally like devilfish, but you try converting it to a hammerhead with the broadside railgun left over?

>Using an overpriced below-average captain and a rulebook that adds dogfights makes you a turbofaggot
Alright f a m

It's a question of taste, and yours/his is shit.

You are a godsend thankyou. I might even bail on my csm and start my Tau now im really being sold rn.
It serves him right for being that guy. I would have loved to see the look on his face when he lost haha

HRR is waaaay smaller than the Railhead. It would look silly.

>A captain on foot with a power sword is shit taste
Right, I bet your bike captain with a two handed sword and shield is so cool bro.

This fucking guy man!

It's like you don't know the fluff.

>he stopped defending DftS

Dogfights are cool.

And don't worry about the fluff bro, I read about captains on bikes with two handed swords and shield in every book. So fluffy,

There is one rule to remember when buying Tau
GW flyers are shit
FW flyers are the best
Barracuda AX-5-2 is in competition for being one of the nastiest flyers in 40k for its point cost, that thing is evil and fucks up everyone's day if you take the swiftstrike railgun (36 inch S10 Ap1) on a 200(approx) point flyer
Also, new lord of war flyers from fw are coming soon, updated tigersharks and mantas since the barracuda ax-5-2 was their second best selling product this year.
One note for the riptide variants: only the GW riptide can take earth caste engineering array, that makes gw riptide with IA the best riptide, but you need to run farsight enclaves.
Would a second HRR work is you used them each as a barrel and make it double barreled or converted it to be one barrel?

Dogfights are cool, DftS is not.

Sicarius is a massive sueish faggot and you'd need some phenomenally shit taste to like him. Good thing you have it in spades.

>he thinks he's memeing about Smashfucker
Nobody uses relic blades, faggot.

this is why i hate space marine players

>Dogfights are cool, DftS is not
That's like, your opinion.

>Sicarius is a massive sueish faggot and you'd need some phenomenally shit taste to like him. Good thing you have it in spades.
Yeah, and I don't see him as "Sicarius" on the battlefield. I pick him as a captain on foot with a power sword and see him as a generic captain with more rules.

>Nobody uses relic blades, faggot.
Pic related.

No, HRRs are actually already double-barreled anyway, and if you look at them side-on they're just the Hammerhead railgun, but smaller. I have both on my desk, the HRR is about 50% of the length and width by comparison.

I'd allow a turret with 2 HRR to count as a railgun though it may cause some confusion with the fusion cannon that FW used to do. Not that I expect most Taufags these days to have been around when that existed but there you go.

You mean you don't hate the out-the-ass grav spam?

Oh yeah, I remember the fusion cannon
24 inch (small?) blast S8 AP1 melta?
If you converted it lengthways would it be better?

The guy you replied to here.

I don't spam grav, I don't use skyhammer, bikes, I don't even use gladius and I'm using an overpriced shitty captain because I like the aesthetic of a leader on foot with a powersword.

So go fuck yourself.

>That's like, your opinion.
I'm objectively correct.
>let's add a new phase to our bloated as shit game that only applies to one unit type!
>let's change the established roles of that already controversial unit type too!
Sounds like a 10/10 book.

>Yeah, and I don't see him as "Sicarius" on the battlefield. I pick him as a captain on foot with a power sword and see him as a generic captain with more rules.
Then that is fine.

>>Nobody uses relic blades, faggot.
>Pic related.
They are shit and nobody takes them, anyone who does is misguided or a fluff player. If you non-ironically consider them cheese then get back to me in about two weeks, I may have stopped laughing by then.

I never said you spammed grav
But you took the bait anyway
Thanks for the (you)
and have one for yourself (you)

>Sounds like a 10/10 book
It adds dogfights and I want to try them out. Why are you still springing out over this? You're acting like I just said "everyone must use dfts". Calm the fuck down.

>They are shit and nobody takes them, anyone who does is misguided or a fluff player. If you non-ironically consider them cheese then get back to me in about two weeks, I may have stopped laughing by then.
One of the most common and budged captain builds right now is bike+relicblade+stormshield. I see it in my local meta and on battlereports. It's not in everygame, but it pops up enough and is regarded widely as a very cost efficient captain build.

The fact that you are not aware of this says everything about your knowledge of this game.

>But you took the bait anyway
Right, so you were only pretending. Looks like I got trolled!

Can you feel the mad tonight?
Why yes I can
Space marine players are hilarious

Yeah that dude is confused. That was my post. Playing whatever dudes you want is fine, its just that space marine players tend to be argumentative faggots. Thats just in my own experience anyways.

Most of tg in my experience have been argumentative faggots.

No it isn't

>Terrible movie
Eh, it's very, very different from the novel, this much is true. But the Film is fine in its own rights. It does many interesting things, and treats The Federation more as a parody than as an ideal form of government. The novel was propaganda and the film was caricature. Both have their place.

Sounds like you're an argumentative faggot

yes it is

>Why are you still springing out over this?
I'm telling you it's an awful supplement. If you want to try it out then do so, but take it from someone who's actually played it before and therefore knows what he's talking about.

A Captain on a bike with a relic blade is 170 points, assuming you bought the artificier armor like a good boy. This is not cost-efficient.
A Riptide is just 10 points more and adds far more to the army than being a mediocre beatstick whose gimmick is he attacks at I5.

A Farseer on a bike, on the other hand, is a good investment, because he actually does something to justify his cost, is mobile, and is above all cheaply priced.

But if you want to waste 170 points on your HQ choice only to see him sniped by a railgun turn 1 then go ahead.

>I see it in my local meta
This indicates nothing.
>and on battlereports
I see a lot of gimmicky shit on battle reports too.

HEY THATS BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT.

Sounds like you're an argumentative faggot

You don't get +1 to reserve rolls unless a dogfight phase takes place.

>36" S10 AP1
Jesus titty fucking christ. I am going to make a lot of people hate me

no u

I love me some good railgun sniping, toasty shit it is.

You do realize that smug anime pics only work when you want to make it look like you don't care, right?

You're backpedaling pretty hard right now and grasping at straws trying to prove that relic blade is never used competitively (which is wrong) and the smug anime image just doesn't fit the theme of your post: which is "I'm losing an argument and trying very hard to damage control right now".

GRR PEOPLE MIGHT PLAY MORE ARMIES IF THE RELEASES WERE MORE EVEN

Just look at every user that recently considered building a Sisters army, if not for the shit old line. If you've seriously considered buy an army but it's decrepit old line of ugly metal minis has turned you off, sound off.

>Barracuda AX-5-2
Do people really take these in mass?
2hp makes them a paper airplane, at least when up against Astra... Hydra, Quad gun, or Vendetta would eat this bitch alive. And for a lot less points.....

>there is only one correct way to use your reaction images
Alright.

>explaining why the relic blade is a bad choice is backpedaling
Okay.

Eh, the railgun on the hammerhead has a longer range, but the barracuda is a flyer with a 3+ jink save (2+ with d pods) and that railgun has S10 so enjoy taking down all other flyers, just make sure you have markerlight support for it. Also, it has a 5+ invuln against glance and 6+ against pen hits but only 3hp, so keep it safe. It also has strafing run so it has bs4 against ground targets meaning it is fairly-ish independant from markelights when tank hunting. Have fun with it if you buy it

Too little, too late.
Better luck next time!

IG/SM can deal with it but it will rape other flyers, usually only one of the 5-2 is taken and 1-2 of the normal since they are still really good, if only 2hp.
also it has 3hp
It is bs4, so against ground it is bs5, no markerlights needed, sorry for misleading you

>I can't counter his evidence with any of my own!
>better assert that he's lost the argument and doesn't know what he's doing!
Top post, friend.

Oh ok. So basically its the answer to IG's Vendetta. And virtually the same Pts cost yeah?

Rapid-fire Battle Cannon or Thermal cannon for a Knight Crusader?

It backing up a DA MSU Demi-Company, RW Attack Squad and RW Strike Force at games over 1500pts

I want it to be the center of a beartrap sitting farn enough back to draw my opponents threats out for the Ravenwing while the rest of the army takes care of the mission.

You are the only helpful person I've ever dealt with in Veeky Forums. Cheers homie

Battle cannon is better, iirc, bur Thermal Cannon is cooler, er, well, hotter, I should say.

The battle cannon is better against anything that isn't TEQ or a Land Raider. You have enough plasma to deal with the former and ways to sidestep the latter. The avenger cannon will also shred vehicles and TEQs alike nicely and will only actually struggle against said Land Raider (and even then it can still damage it semi-reliably through sheer volume of shots).

Fuck off with that shit, i am just starting my DELDAR force and TG has been incredibly helpful this past week.

What I dont understand is why there is so much anime reaction images and arguing now, it wasn't like this yesterday.

It's not at all usual. This thread is very strange.

Why bother talking to a sore loser?

A little more expensive but end up being more rapey to mc/vehicles/flyers than blobs but basically yeah I guess, it lacks hover but deep strike meaning you can hit rear av on same turn as entering battle

Great thanks.

Yeah that's the one.
A lengthways conversion would be about the same size (though still shorter) but lack the girth the big gun usually has. Again it might look out of place compared to an actual Hammerhead, but I'd definitely let it fly.

Well most tau players have crippling autism, but a rare few of us don't, so I guess a helpful tau player is a rarity instead of some faggot going "muh battlesuits" or "muh riptide wing"

There are easier ways to be hated using this thing.
Loading up with 11 strength 7 shots or 3 pie plates or taking the vanilla 20 goddamn BRRRRT version, for example

>why there is so much anime reaction images and arguing now
Do you know where you are?

*2 pie plate version
apparently the ion cannon can't overcharge.

To prove that he actually lost and you aren't just sidestepping an argument you can't win, my man.
But it seems my original assertion was in fact correct: you are a turbofaggot. This was a cool meme, enjoy my (you)s.

But I don't have anything to prove, you were backpedaling so hard that you started putting 0 effort into your posts as soon as I mentioned how hard you were grasping for straws.

How pathetic. I won't even use a reaction image for this one. It's just that sad!

Can all the retards and autists who dragged this shitfest over from the last thread just grow up and drop it?

You are knowingly ruining a thread.

There are always more threads

Deep striking s10 Ap1 with bs5 against vehicles?
Just fuck up someone's day with that a explode a fucking tank with that thing, take the seekers and make sure he has no vehicles by the end of the 3rd turn as long as reserve roll passes

I'm feeling generous today. I'll give you one more (you).

Thought of a comeback yet? No? Then my argument is still on the table my dude. I don't need to add anything because you haven't moved the conversation along.

Come on, take your best shot. I'm dying to hear it. Really, I'll be here for at least another hour or so, so whenever you're ready.

Expensive vehicles are pretty rare, seeing as they're so easy to kill.

Fuck up a Ravenwing players day by blasting all their fucking shits to bits ignoring their cover saves without needing markerlight support

>I'm dying to hear it. Really
Just scroll up dummy, you haven't even touched any of my arguments yet. You're just going in circles about literally nothing now, like some broken record.

The question is not whether it's easy, the question is whether you want to explode a command leman ruse on turn 2 and collect the tears.
S7 ap 4 ignore cover is nothing to sniff at

well it's ignore jink saves not all cover
but landspeeders won't take it lightly

>leman ruse
It was only a screen for the Hydras outflanking behind it.