Other urls found in this thread:

ufile.io/5a913
youtube.com/watch?v=4ByfT-bEImg
youtube.com/watch?v=NCHq0m67lq8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nVRqq947lNo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YA38ffX1AHo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zdg-AMv8tw
youtube.com/watch?v=kEGuHdKn0Lc
youtube.com/watch?v=AdopO2UcTh8&index=47&list=PLujiz1ir3ISS-yOhyaTUkUdmJ91N4ANhq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rawk. Thanks. Will check it out and purchase to support the publisher if it's something I'd want to use. Haven't heard much about this, beyond that it's apparently 'fukkin metal'.

Your Character dying may be a good thing, because you may succeed in getting them into Valhalla. If you get characters into Valhalla you unlock new character creation options. Eventually you can play as an Einherjar or Son of Muspell and bring back your dead characters that you loved as quasi-divine beings.

So it's a setting in which appropriately badass character deaths can...actually be pretty sweet.

That really is fukkin metal. Thanks!

Sweet, thanks!

Whenever I click free user it doesn't allow to download. Can someone upload it to a real server?

It's the first one or the second one that doesn't work for you?

Denizen

I'll upload it somewhere else, brb

Should work with this one, will expire in 30 days tough
ufile.io/5a913

Thank you. I got it now

Running this right now and most of my group and I really like it so far.
I would say Denizens of the north is a must have along with the core book.

Thread song theme?
youtube.com/watch?v=4ByfT-bEImg

Or maybe this would be better:
youtube.com/watch?v=NCHq0m67lq8

Shit taste. 2/10 wouldn't play with.

Here some nord music:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nVRqq947lNo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YA38ffX1AHo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zdg-AMv8tw

So, now we've got stats for Crusaders, Vikings, and Indians.

What about Jihadis, though? They'd be just as dismayed at the disappearance of the sun, and it's not like the Varangians wouldn't have had a decent amount of experience fighting them at this point.

And, of course, even if the Viking religion is front and center, there's a decent amount of word-count being spent on other religions, primarily Christianity, but also the Native Americans/Skraelings, and in the new book, there was a decent amount of focus on the Finnish, too. So, now that the sun's gone, I'm left wondering how other religions taking it? Are the Mexica (Aztecs, as we call them nowadays) currently conquering their way up the east coast of the Americas trying to get to the Vikings to get the sun back? How did Amaterasu over in Japan react to the sun going missing?

All of these worldbuilding questions, none of them answered...

>Thread song theme?
youtube.com/watch?v=kEGuHdKn0Lc

I mean, obviously.

Well I mean its not like the vikings are in contact regularly with those populations, so it makes sense they weren't considered in a game that's about vikings, but im sure we can come up with something. Care to do some brewing?

I'm pretty sure that they were in contact with the Muslims, at the very least; the Varangian Guard were the personal guard of the Eastern Roman Empire, and this is set at about the same time as the Crusades were, so they'd have had some experience fighting them.

Well, Samurai are obviously Stalo, while Miko are probably Druids, with Onmyouji probably being Seithkona. Not sure what Archetype to use for Buddhist priests, though.

I could definitely see a fleet full of them showing up out of nowhere, though; the Chinese nearly would up navigating past the cape of Africa IRL, and it seems entirely feasible that they might be pushed into actually doing so in this sort of timeline, and then selling the navigation maps to the Japanese, who would probably be rather upset about their chief goddess being eaten by a Westerner wolf-god...

As for the Aztecs, the Panther Warriors would probably be roughly equivalent to Ulfhednar, with their Nagual would probably also be Druids (focusing on shapeshifting), and given that the entire reason that they performed human sacrifices to prevent the sun from going out, I imagine that they're probably rather upset that they failed to do so despite their best efforts.

That is a fair point.

youtube.com/watch?v=AdopO2UcTh8&index=47&list=PLujiz1ir3ISS-yOhyaTUkUdmJ91N4ANhq

bump

I just dropped this in the merchant thread, cause it reminded me of it, and i felt like i should share it here too. Any of you who have run this before, lets share stories.

I once ran a game of Ragnarok:Fate of the Norns where all my players rolled on the randomized tables. One of them ended up as a fairly wealthy merchant and trader who managed to roll himself a long ship when they were rolling for wealth. One was a weaver, and one was a Blacksmith. And so a rather interesting campaign of Viking merchants was born. It was decided that both the weaver and the Blacksmith did business with the Merchant, who had gone into debt with the local Jarl to finance his business operation before the fimblewinter started. Now his business was all that was keeping the two of them above water, so they were inclined to help. Of course the player for the merchant also did a really good job role playing it and convincing them to go along with stuff. Lot of back and forth bargains between the players. You help me i help you sort of thing. The main plot was that the Merchant had a year to earn 100,000 gold pieces to pay off the Jarl. Minor plots included things like trading sheep, investigating why green land was able to export food (green houses. yes i know it was silly, but i thought it was fun), war profiteering trading near the front of the war with the Crusaders of the White God, Investigating mine shipments that were behind schedule (the had tunneled into Niflehiem.), looking for new trading partners and dealing with politics, going after bandits who interfered with shipments, and finally when the debt failed to be paid because the merchants thief friend (he had rolled an npc thief as a friend during character generation) stole his money, they fled to Iceland, and later on to the Skrealand (Americas) where they finally died. I think i was doing something wrong, cause it's a system that encourages character death, but either way we had a blast.

Why do you keep uploading to these sketchy sites? I can't even reach this page because my browser is telling me this is an attack site.