Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

How villainous are your villains?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg

Old but dying thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/characterBackground/backgroundGenerator.html
d20pfsrd.com/skills/spellcraft
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Friendly reminder that Iomedae did nothing wrong; you're not actually supposed to trigger the trumpets, the only one wrong is the PLAYER.

Iomedae is a woman of many talents - expert Paladin, avatar of justice, the slayer of the Whispering Tyrant and right-hand of Aroden... But being a goddess is a bit of a difficult thing to work out, you see? So if she seems a little heavy-handed, don't INSULT HER OKAY, she's just working out the kinks of her new heavenly figure.

#ImWithHer

They are somehow less creepy than the party's allies.

I mean, a young girl who's carried on her father's work caring for treants and other creepy walking plants, an Alraune who may or may not exercise a subtle control over one of the two Alchemists, an amnesiac Wax Golem, a Grippli meme Druid, a monotone-speaking Elf Treesinger Druid, and a Wolf Shaman Druid who is just not smart.

And these are the ones HELPING them against the Fungus Queen who wants the artifact under the town, not knowing that the last hero to visit the place found it and switched it out, but no one remembers because everyone's memories are being stolen.

There was also the hungry Dragon Turtle, but he died in three rounds.

Really, it's a ten-car pile-up of evil plans, and somehow my players are more creeped out by the other good guys.

What are some ways to get out of combat utility that aren't spells or skills?

>post ooze-kin here asking for feedback. No bites.
>post ooze-kin on reddit asking for feedback. "lel y not play squoles".

Because squoles are a fucking garbage race and no one should ever play with the crippling limitation of only being able to see 40 feet (or +5ft per +1wis mod you have). I don't care about their exhaustive list of immunities, they're shit. Beyond that they're completely fucking unrelatable in terms of mindset. A martial is *soooooo* good if he cant figure out where he needs to fucking be. A caster is *fucking fantastic* if they cant find the enemies.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Also stop fucking snowing stupid weather.

Iomedae is a shit.
A SHIT!

>Also stop fucking snowing stupid weather.

You gonna get comfy, son.

>Using the previous thread topic sentence
shiggy diggy

What are you character's keepsakes or mementos they keep?

I have seasonal effective disorder. Snow makes me want to kill myself. not joking.

Alchemical items are probably your best bet.

This is an open call to arms! Rise of the Jade Regent needs Additional DMs for simultaneous games.

Two or three DMs willing to run a game following the original (Or slightly altered) perimeters can make a lot of people very happy.

Please be an awesome person and volunteer!

Not very, unless the PCs escalate the situation.

He's a CR 6 LE Brutal Slayer Bushi with Elemental Flux and Broken Blade, and he's wants to test his techniques on the PCs.

As long as the PCs don't do something foolish, like trying to smite him because he pings as evil, he's kind of agreeable.

my paladin keeps her deceased husband's ring, the party mage thought it would be a good idea to "upgrade" it, needless to say the paladin fell and is working to redeem themselves.

Why doesn't Iomedae go looking for the Bloodstones of Arazni?

If she can't use them and her old patron's power to bring her predecessor back to her senses, maybe she could use them to give her the peace of death.

It's an RP challenge. It's like how sometimes you get to play a mute character that can only communicate through occasional gurgling.

A piece of deep crystal that matches her eyecolor.

THEY'RE SHIT!!!!

>Playing a bastard born of inbreeding or a special snowflake.

It wasn't a joke?

Is the fact that they're inherently flawed all that makes you mad? Show me where the slime touched you user.

why not both?

>Implying it's somehow wrong to have 'special snowflake' characters.

Oh no, best not play tieflings, aasimar, half-whatevers, or any fucking variety of other things. Human farmkid only! No sorcerers, wizards, paladins or clerics.

A necklace of twisted vines, made by his daughter, completely unrelated to the ring of twisted vines made by his hamadryad lover so she can keep an eye on him, you know?

I've got a character currently in possession of a noblewoman's maiden braid, took it the day before her wedding night to remember her by.

Another guy has his sword from the academy and the ring of his late wife.

>implying normies don't play all the halflings

40ft of vision isn't a flaw. It's a fucking death sentence.

time slot?

It was a half-slime girl, if I recall.

The one that was traveling with a Varisian caravan and was afraid of romance because she didn't know if she might be sterile.

Not afraid of being sterile, afraid of breeding true, oh and people thinking she was some sort of fucked up abberation when they realized her 'contortion' was literally childsplay and she didn't have a bone in her body.

sounds good to me

If someone knows it can be devastating, but how many people know what a squicky ooze person can do? Play to your strengths and try to only fight in close quarters. Always know your cover. Keep some 'tools' for closing distance and for keeping archers away. Rely on a familiar or allies for help. If a cloudy eyed oracle is possible in the system a ooze with 40ft vision isn't an impossibility. If a dm want's to kill you sure you'll die but that's true of any character.

Anytime. People will make time for you.

How large of a family is too large for a character?

If you're volunteering to DM its up to you and your players to decide.

If you're that 500 babies faglord, you're about 497 babies over the line for an adventurer.

The character has no children, nor a spouse.

Whoops. Second quote for

What are you talking about?

>paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/characterBackground/backgroundGenerator.html

Half-orcs have the highest possible number of siblings with 1d6+1, so eight siblings is too many.

I think for a standard age adventurer the max is probably six.

For middle age that bumps up to about a dozen and a half.

Humans can get 2d4 siblings though

No limit. As an adventurer it's your job to spread your vital genes for the next generation of adventurers.

In what order would you play the Adventure Paths?

It's they Yotsuba one, right?

>Human Siblings
>71—90 2d4 siblings. You gain access to the Kin Guardian combat trait.

I missed it. Nine siblings is too many.

>book of nine siblings

What are some cool monsters a level 20 party (pair of adventurers) can fight?

>CK2
>Messalian
> "Hey Kid, wanna /ss/?"

My fellow possessing a high concentration of melanin.

None of what you said is true.
What is true is that the scene is poorly written and should not have had the trumpets inflict actual damage, plus the writers should trust the PCs not to be total cunts and attack their patron in a game mostly about being Lawful Good, so the punishment included as a contingency makes her look totally out of character.
Anyone with a brain stem wouldn't even include that section of the module. Just have her hork up some exposition and scoot 'em on their way.

This is the family in question:

>Andes Harparr, Father
>Brione Harparr, Mother
>Gyles Harparr, Older Brother
>Thurey Harparr, Older Brother
>Elell Harparr, Older Sister
>Rarder Harparr, Younger Brother
>Sane Harparr, Younger Sister
>Abet Harparr, Grandmother
>Joycie Payne, Grandmother
>Rasmundus Payne, Great Great Uncle
>Nieles Payne Sr, Great Grandfather
>Nieles Payne Jr, Grandfather
>Nieles Payne II, Uncle
>Alel Payne, Cousin
>Annel Payne, Aunt
>Joane Payne, Cousin
>Mera Payne, Cousin
>Rewilh Harparr, Uncle
>Hony Harparr, Uncle
>Yellis Harparr, Aunt
>Mickel Harparr, Cousin
>Alice Belmont, Great Aunt
>Rickard Belmont, Great Uncle
>Hepmon Belmont, First Cousin Once Removed
>Ullis Belmont, First Cousin Once Removed
>Ivar Belmont, Second Cousin
>Eilen Belmont, Second Cousin
>Mickey Belmont, Second Cousin Once Removed
>Tyran Belmont, Second Cousin
>Fillman Belmont, Second Cousin
>Helga Milleen, First Cousin Once Removed
>Omar Milleen, First Cousin Once Removed
>Copor Mileen, Second Cousin Once Removed
>Capre Mileen, Second Cousin Once Removed
This is just those I have listed out. I add to the list occasionally. Everyone has a short blurb about them in my notes (one sentence generally).

I played Nieles Payne in a previous campaign. He's a wizard. Of this list there are 4 individuals with PC class levels.

Nieles Payne, and eldery level 9 wizard who still makes money through selling spell casting services in a major city + a shop that sells wands, potion, and scroll.

Uncles Rewilh Harparr and Hony Harparr are a Bounty Hunter Slayer and Sleuth Investigator. Both of them work as members of a mercenary company named The Ash Eaters. Both are level 7.

Gyles Harparr, the character's eldest brother is a Cloistered Cleric who joined the church when the character was very young. He now serves as a frontier priest, essentially sent by the church to deal with issues to the faithful on the edges of civilization. He is level 4.

The issue I had with it was my LE Asmodean cleric has every reason to be there, but that scene fucks him over something fierce.

Shit scene in part 5 of Wrath of the Righteous. Exposition dump turns into a quiz show where the losing horns deal obscene damage, and if you protest you get bitchslapped by your patron goddess. Who is Lawful Good, and if she's angry at you that must mean you're evil according to moon-logic.

The writers were dumb assholes and didn't realize that this should have been cut or trimmed down, so they instead doubled down on making it the PCs' fault if anything bad happened.

Veeky Forums in turn got triggered and now the goddess of being LG in Golarion is forever tainted as being that bitch who'll break your eardrums if you look at her funny. Or at all.

>Soo many belmonts

*Bloody tears intensifies*

Looks like a blast. Tons for the Gm to work with.

Smart GM woulda just given you some divine sunglasses and earplugs or allowed your dude to wait in the divine lobby doing the equivalent of rocking out to his infernal ipod.

Hell, a smart GM wouldn't have included that scene as written at all.

Plus Iomedae is written to respect Asmodeus and take his council on occasion, if under extreme caution.

Hell, Asmodeus, Abadar, and Torag fought together during The Brother's War, and are on the Godclaw team with Iomedae.

Actions that get you horn blasted:

>Correct answers
>Incorrect answers
>Questioning the rules
>Questioning Iomedae

If you attack Iomedae for being such a dick to your party, your alignment is IMMEDIATELY SHIFTED TO EVIL

And this is all because Iomedae summoned the party TO ASK THEM A FAVOR

To be honest, pretty sure that's Sarenrae you might be thinking of. Iomedae's new enough (only been a goddess for centuries as opposed to as long as there's been light), so she refuses to compromise with evil gods. Sarenrae was in the shit with Asmodeus when Rovagug needed his ass kicked, so they have a grudging respect for one another.

Incorrect. Iomedae is explicitly stated that the only evil being she is willing to hear the council of is Asmodeus.

off topic, sort of but do you think Sarenrae dislikes vigilantes?

Huh. Probably a more recent publication saying that then, like how they retconned Erastil into being well-meaning dad god rather than asshole god.

>Sarenrae hates competent martials
>Iomeade still a huge bitch

Sarenrae loves vigilantes who behead infidels in the name of peace

Small question
As an Oracle is any spell I cast considered Divine because I'm a divine spellcaster? If I have Burning Hands from my Blackened curse is it considered arcane or divine?

Speaking of retcons, am I the only one who liked bitch-queen of Cheliax?

It is still divine even if it is not normally on your spell list. Same with mystery spells.

Sarenrae hates competent martials?

Sarenrae being an extension of paizo so yes.

So the party has tracked down a psycho Wizard golemancer lady to what amounts to her panic room/ central control center.

She's hiding behind three magic barriers, hoping that her defenses will kill the party, as she knows she cant take them on head on.

Two phase fight, First phase is her hurling out fireballs while her mass produced combat constructs drop from the ceiling. The party has to figure out that her psychic link to her constructs is located in one of the pillars in the room.

After severing that connection, she is forced to take a more direct aproach. and attacks the party in a sort of astral projection with a physical form. Much more simple, just shoot it till it dies.

Then the barriers fail and she's vulnerable to the party.

What think?

The top row is too close to the second row!

Yeah that got jostled while i was moving the particle effects around.

For some backstory, Mega bitch and the Party's Bladebound Magus were roommates while attending the Twilight Academy.

They basically got into a prank war that went to far. And without going into too many details, Megabitch now has rampant Rakshasa essence warping her body. And its been warping her body for the last 40 years.

So she has a MAJOR hate boner on the Magus, to the point of breeding clones of her so she could torture (And shunt off some of the infernal corruption onto; Teifling bodies are better at metabolizing that shit. )

Now their graduating class was having a reunion and she decided to crash it with all the warped clones she amassed over the years (She was running out of space to store them anyhow.)

/pfg/ help me come up with a good looking world map to DM a game in

Is the Trove not being updated anymore?

What makes a session/campaign fun, in your opinion /pfg/? What can a DM do to make the game fun?

Has anyone got

- Villian Codex. (Someone said it is super inspiring book)

- Strange Aeons books, especially it's 3rd one. (Redditors state that this is probably the best Paizo adventure)

?

Stat me

Alchemist // Mage

What would an Alchemist / Wizard hybrid class look like?

We tried to talk about stuff like this in the previous thread. I remember the Master Alchemist PrC from Magic of Faerun. It could brew 9th level potions.

The Brewmaster could get 9th level extracts, but lose Mutagen and Bomb.

Arcane bomber?

I just want to play as a mildly magic rogue that makes use of stimulants but I can't seem to find a class that fits quite right.

I was thinking more about getting Infusions and better potions. Wizards have enough destructive ability.

Try Vivisectionist or Trapbreaker Alchemist, or an Investigator.

That is literally the alchemist and investigator.

Like nearly to a t.

Anyone have Blood of the Beast? All I found is this one PDF I'll be posting later.

I'm new and looking at the Pathfinder d20 wiki.

Alchemists and whatnot have the skill "spellcraft" like wizards. If magical ability is determined by levels in this skill, wouldn't an alchemist be better due to their higher skill ranks per level?

What limits an alchemist's power in this regard? Can he not choose from the same list of spells or something?

hope there's something good in there that isn't just for those 3 races.

Spellcraft isn't raw magical potential. It's more like practical knowledge of magical theory.

Okay, but how does it affect gameplay?

Why the hell does /pfg/ circlejerk so hard to that Runelords gestalt game?

/pfg/'s other games never had THIS much circlejerking. Even that lewd Eastern fluffy tails game was just two kitsuneposters whining about not getting in.

Can you jump during a charge? can you charge at a flying creature?

If you want actual critique for a homebrew, ask in the IRC. /pfg/ is about as useful as a dead weasel.

Iomedae is cute! Cute!

Probably because
>the game hasn't started people don't know who's in
>the nature of the game and AP itself
>people posting character concepts which is all fine and dandy, but given that many character concepts stated rely heavily on eroticism on some level, it leads to people literal circle jerking

Little wooden statuettes of himself as a child and his adoptive parents.
A strange necklace found when his adoptive father discovered him along a woodland path as an infant.

New Iomedae material said that she doesn't trust or talk to Asmodeus because she didn't live through Rovagate

He keeps a holy symbol of Desna around his neck , he doesn't worship her, it's just something to remember his mother by.

He keeps logs and extensive battle reports of foes he has bested and slain, occasionally taking fingers, eyes, feathers, claws, etc from interesting specimens/challenging foes. I'm not sure if that counts.

IRC?

Just use someone else's, or go to /wbg/ and get someone's help there. Don't fall into the rabbit hole of map making. I've been there for about a day and made surprisingly little progress.

>d20pfsrd.com/skills/spellcraft

Spellcraft will let you identify spells being cast, craft and identify magic items, and learn new spells.

With most classes, you get new spells known or added to your spellbook at every level. With enough ranks in Spellcraft, you can learn new spells from scrolls and spellbooks, or develop your own.

I just realized that cat was supposed to have a beard like the wizard.

I always thought it was buck teeth.

I thought the same thing until you pointed it out.

I really should play up the fact that familiars look more like their masters over time.

I'm not sure about mounts, animal companions, and cohorts.