World War 2 Campaign

Title says it all. How would you run a campaign set during WW2, Veeky Forums?

>Hard mode: No Cthulhu Mythos.

Have some art to get the ball rolling...

>nazis/japs are messing with supernatural
>go and kill them before they succeed and turn the tide of war

I heard Veeky Forums likes Dwarfs. Enjoy.

>Axis and Allies need to fight a common enemy.

This one is always fun. Common enemy is normally zombies.

Can I use Weird Wars? If yes then yes.

His Majesty's Royal Griffon Core, because why not?

What's Weird Wars?

Are you saying that playing it completely straight and only fluffing settings wouldn't be the best way to do it?

I guess if we have to throw in something fantastical it would be Allied special operations commandeering Axis magic and bringing it back for reverse-engineering.

MEDIC!!!!

...At least he'll get their quick.

One option is that two massive wars in a row fucked up the fabric of reality enough break down the barriers between worlds.

SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS AHOY!

The world is your oyster, really. If you have ideas for a completely straight campaign, by all means. I put in the OP hard more was only no Mythos... Which was promptly ignored.

Tentacles because not including the Mythos was very an option.

>somewhere on the eastern front
>players are bunch of nazi grunts
>killing soviets and what not
>gommies removed
>something moving on the battlefield
>what the fuck, did that gommie just reanimate?
>zombie killing time, once done get forced to work for Ahnenerbe's paramilitary wing and tasked with killing a soviet mystic that learned how to control corpses during soviets search for shambhala

*Never an option. Fuck.

>Generic Fantasy World that's advanced to WWII era tech
>Dwarven Conglomerate launches an all out offensive against Elven supremacy in the great woods, Elves believe they have the advantage due to home-ground but horribly outdated tech.
>The Human nations pick sides and start a large squabble as Orc/Goblin martial hacked-together forces to throw into the fray.
>Campaign is started in the middle of the conflict as both sides discover a heavily valuable resource deposit, but neither side can send a meaningful force to secure it.
>Players are a band of chucklefuck private contractors trying to extract the resource, fight off rival bands, and deal with both sides of a very large, and very deadly, war.

I'd play it

>Ran a WW2 one-shot once
>paratroopers dropping into Normandy
>one of their buddies is a vampire who needed to get to France.
>Got caught in a crossfire between French Monster Hunters, German Troops, and a whole mess of gargoyles.
>PCs think everything is gonna wrap up nicely
>Omaha Beach starts glowing with necromantic energy
>lots of bodies there to animate.

Have it not end, then skip forward seventy years.

Shenanigans ensue.

Have you seen Konflikt 47? Power amour, walkers, plasma and energy weapons. Sci fi mixed with the ww2 aesthetic.

If no fantasy at all, Commandos style.

>A crack team of Marine Raiders infiltrating a Japanese floating fortress in an attempt to sink it before it's raygun or other such pulpy-magic artillery spells doom for the Pacific Fleet.

Also,
>hard mode
Awwww.

Isn't this Sine Requie?

I remember when i was a young lad reading a story in 20000AD which i still maintain, Pulp Sci-fi Comics were better than ANY of that marvel shit you yanks pumped out.

FIENDS OF THE EASTERN FRONT stuck with me for years.

About a German Soldier who was stationed with Romanian troops during the war, and he finds out they are really vampires.
Such a great concept the comic was cheesy as fuck.
But i would've loved to see it adapted to a serious movie/game/novel/comic.

everyone is birbs

I haven't DM'd in ages but fuck it, might as well take a stab.

Boring but keeping down to earth:
Choice 1: Home front counter espionage or behind enemy lines espionage, might be bit difficult to pace and setup though.
Choice 2: Something about neutral countries and possible German attempts to sway them in and players attempting to prevent it.
Choice 3: July plot is succesful and the shitstorm is for players to turn Germany into something cohesive.
Alternate version: players are going to ensure it fails in order to keep Hitler in reins rather than someone competent. Or do they?
Choice 4: French or Polish resistance or something, it's up for grabs how and when.

Going Wolfenstein:
Choice 1: After Hitler's suicide, Himmler uses his blood to summon aid from hell and would arguably cross over to something Doom-esque.
Choice 2: Soviet excavation of Timur's grave unleashes unnatural shit that ties up to writings in the coffin, which coincided with beginning of Operation Barbarossa, and the players are part of the team excavating.
Choice 3: Soviet troops get lost in woods in December 1939 or January 1940 and shit goes down. Probably kinda hard to pull off though.
Choice 4: Partisan hunt somewhere in Romania and turns out they're bunch of vampires.

The "are you fucking kidding me" option:
One of the players is head of state, one is chief of staff, one is chief of the army, one is chief of air force and one is chief of the navy for country x, and it's all about bureucratic demands and handling resources and strategic war.
I once ran this with few history buffs (with hte help of some alcohol) and had separate rooms for each and communicated with letters unless meeting was called which I meditaded and ran the strategic war as seen fit and sent papers to them informing what was going on. It was most unexpected fun we've had in ages, but I don't think it's suitable for most people.

The English language does not have words to convey how hard I am right now.

Just checked it out - looks vaguely like Dust tactics and the Dreamforge stuff. Is it just the table top or is there an RPG? Or is Weird Wars the RPG (or the same thing under a different name)?

Weird Wars is a genre in itself. There are systems/add-ons based around it.

You need to read Dracula vs Hilter. Its a thing!

Where has this been all my life? More importantly, where the hell have I been? This is everything I ever wanted...

Yeah, but it turned out very differently than the actual WW2. It was all about small, elite soldiers (adventurers) teleporting around, destroying strategically important assets while the basic soldiers were 90% iron golems and similar shit.

In the end, we won the war by Wishing Hitler and all his cronies out of existence. It was kinda dope but anticlimactic.

Look at me, not using the full art like a plebeian.

Have more art...

This makes me feel like the Allies in this picture are about to engage a... Thing under the bridge and some Germans blunder into the middle of it.

Of course it would be great if I included the picture...

What would be a good system for some of these ideas? Preferably not too complicated? I've been wanting to do a Hellboy-ish setting for ages.

>Mad jack fighting a germen mystic

noice

Have some Tannhauser art...

It probably wouldn't be too hard to read about actual missions, and give them a fantasy or horror twist.

Such as a deathcamp being used to make Jewish zombie shock troops.

Or blowing up a radar station so your dragon airforce can drop their sticks of paratroopers.

Maybe turning the tide of the Battle of Stalingrad with the new Tesla rifles?

yeah I fucking love weird war stuff, not sure what it is about having things like mechs storming the beachs Normandy or Nazi vampire commandos stalking terrified allies in the trees during the battle of the bulge. I just cant get enough of it really

Last one for now...

Nazi super soldiers.
>Kind of evil campaign
>Germany late 1944
>Party are a squad of German super soldiers, 7 foot tall, blonde haired blue eyed aryan gods
>Have to do whatever they can to halt the Soviet Union in the East and Western allies in the West
>Eventually production of super soldiers will be increased
>Americans will eventually start using nukes on Germany
>If Germany falls they must evade capture by the allies and Soviets (who will experiment on them until they die)
>While evading capture they can become mercenaries, wage a guerrilla war to restore the Third Reich, or try to kickstart WW3 to reform the Reich amidst the chaos

I've always wanted to run a super soldier campaign where the players will slowly suffer horrible side effects of the means used to make them into super soldiers.

This is adorable.

Any /co/friends here have suggestions for the best game system in which to play an Uber (Gillen) campaign?

When in doubt the answer is GURPS.

Leviathan by Scott Westerfield + 30 years.

Where's Italian Axis-claus?

Where's the Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army option?

Lennox? Is that muh monster hunting granny?

Playing as an axis power and trying to fight off the fire elemental bombing from the allies.