>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Armageddon_Steel_Legion
natfka.blogspot.de/2016/11/for-december-official-images-for-new.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cogheads should be executed. They are all Necron traitors in waiting.

How big is the sword of a dreadknight? Would it look good in the hand of an imperial knight?

Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d6)

Third for invisibly

New Warhammer Community site is up, they posted at least one IA article from 2002. Also they posted this picture of a 2017 release.

Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d6)

You loose, yoogee

Would it really have broken the game to allow Tesla's special rule to affect overwatch?

Literally no reason to bring Tesla, which sucks bc it's cool as fuck

looks either knightly or mechanicus.

Why doesn't it effect overwatch?

>mfw never used the old blog so I don't know how good of a change this is

It's legit that they're posting rumors though.

Last night told the girl I'm in love with I don't want to see her anymore because she's a shitty friend. When will these damn cultists come in the mail I need a distraction/something to build zzz

So I took the suggestions from when I posed my 800pt KDK list to build the slaughtercult and I have to say, this thing sucks.

Possessed are complete trash, even when I borrowed a rhino, I have an extra unit of useless bloodletters and I can't use my Bloodcrushers or Skull Cannon now.

If it wasn't for my Gorepack and Juggernaught riding Lord with the Flesh Hound I wouldn't even put up a fight.

My thoughts now are to revert back to a CAD and ally in CSM with Nurgle for some more decent bikes OR I could start trying the demon machines like a Soul Grinder, Heldrake or Forgefiend.

Woops, that forgefiend shouldn't be there I was just looking at its stats.

It is just a 1000pt list that has lost three out of three games since I completed this new configuration

>Last night told the girl I'm in love with I don't want to see her anymore because she's a shitty friend.

Good for you. Overlooking shitty personality traits like that in the name of love is an ugly road. however much this hurts, just remember that othet road would hurt more.

>cultists
Good choice. Those are some fun models to paint.

Mail is too slow, you'd better go find some real cultists in your area.

Can you give us condensed battle reports?

>S:D AP1 6" Primary Weapon 1

>rolled invisibility for the first time last week
>lose it on a perils the first turn

When rolling to-hit w Tesla it makes and additional 2 hits on sixes. This would be perfect for overwatch since you can only hit on sixes anyway.

They nerfed this for Tesla and any other special rule that increases hits on sixes.

Is that a Dwarven rune at the bottom right?

I figured they would be. I actually am just starting up a Tau army, and a friend of mine is just starting guard, so I'm going to be semi converting/painting the cultists as just a human mining team from IA3, and we're probably going to be playing mostly killteam games/scenarios. I already have a couple very shitty Ogryn built out of spare sprus from when my older brother converted some fantasy ogres into grotesques and whatever other sprus I had lying around. Him, my chaos buddy and I are planning on having some gnarly 3 way humie battles

SQUAAAAATS CONFIRM^^^^

::signal lost

I can try, but I am fairly new:

>Game # 1 vs. Necrons

Tombblades devoured my bikes and were able to ignore cover
My troops and possessed footslogged around and got wrecked by Warriors and Immortals respectively
The Juggerlord was able to kill his Warlord when the Flesh Hounds and Lord charged the warrior squad

Final Score 5-3

>Game # 2 vs. vs. Space Wolves

Thunderwolves decimated anything they touched, which was all my bloodletters and possessed.
Long Fangs did a lot of damage to the Flesh Hounds before and after the unit took out some Grey Hunters

Final Score 6-3

>Game # 3 vs. Ultramarines

He brought a "Demi Company" and his troops were all in metal boxes so they were faster and more durable than mine.
His Assault Squad and Jump Captain got wrecked by my Juggerlord's unit
Devastators sat back and blew my army to hell

Final Score 6-2

Basically my units aren't tough enough to cross the field and I do not have enough shooting to be relevant from a distance.

>Basically my units aren't tough enough to cross the field and I do not have enough shooting to be relevant from a distance.

That is a fair basic analysis.
I do not play CSM or KDK but I have seen them both a few times.

Maybe get a second gorepack all together, they seem to do really good.

Pick up some Dinobots if you want, I know the soulgrinder is alright. Definetly pick up a Heldrake when you get to bigger games.

Yup, sounds like 40k

See if you can borrow a Tau army for a game
I did last week, remarkably fun when you don't need to think beyond 'shoot the closest, fastest thing'

It must be a new tyranid unit! ..r-right guys? :(

KDK is all about melee and melee is all about being unkillable and fucking fast. Shittons of fleshhound, Cabal (formation from Black Legion), Chaos/Renegade Knight, bikers etc. Idea is to get, get there was & intact and then wreck face. Chaos Knight is good (its from FW) since its allowed to take that Legacy of Ruin which gives +1inv to Daemon of Khorne saves and it can become Daemon of Khorne itself. Knight with 4++ and 3++ on one side is tough nut to crack.

Okay, I'm starting up a fairly small (1000-1500 points, say, to begin with?) army of sorts after years and years.

For now, I'm settled on:

> Imperial
> Inquisition Presence is required
> No wolfs, grape kniggits or angles.

but beyond that, I'm not really sure.

I'm considering putting together something along the line of Deathwatch + Ordo Xenos, or possibly a mostly mechanised guard alongside an Ordo Hereticus inquisitorial detachment, though I'm also tossing around other ideas, including, but not limited to, scions and the mechanicus.

I'd like a fairly shooty and fairly durable army, all things told, but I have no idea about what works and what doesn't, these days.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Guard are quite durable so long as you play fully mech. Your dudes will die if they are not hiding in boxes. Inquisitors make excellent support characters for them, though, being essentially sidegrades to Commissars except they can moonlight as Divination psykers too. They are a shooty army too, though all of the factions you listed are fairly shooty, just in different ways.

This is for a casual setting though. Due to the prevalence of grav and haywire, vehicles are less durable than they look in today's meta, but you can still have fun with them otherwise.

Does anyone remember seeing any reference to the 1st Armageddon Steel Legion anywhere in any of the stuff GW has published.

I'm working on a regiment (via Only War and some other stuff though if I do decide to start a guard army in 40k it'd be them) that for reasons would be one of the very first regiments founded and while debating what number to assign it and looking through the wiki I realized I could just make them the first which would totally rock with the fluff I have for them.

>Professionally Staying On Topic Edition
You are a fool to tempt fate in such a fashion! What have you done!

Yes, it was fucking disgusting. Annihilation Barges were crazy good.

size is a tad small for a imperial knight. not to mention knights don't have hands, either guns or a thunderfist. giving tiny baby hands to the imperial knight is a fun idea though

What the fuck happened to the 40k thread last night, shit was cancerous

Look in the Old white dwarves I remember seeing them referenced there somewhere

Pretty let down by the new community site. No Battle reports, no house rules, no forum, none of the old website content that got deleted years ago.
Was it really any worse than it usually is?

Thought so myself. 'Tis a shame.

check the sources here
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Armageddon_Steel_Legion

pray for sister of battle rumors to be true.
Burn the heretic, the unclean and the mutant
profit

What's the best Ork box(es) to buy if I want a pile of bits to do conversions with?

Yeah, it was pretty rough.

Sounds about right for a weapon that vaporizes people in the fluff.

Now it's just Gauss' ugly sister no one wants to dance with.

>What's the best Ork box(es) to buy if I want a pile of bits to do conversions with?
Nobs I guess.
What do you want to convert though?

Why does Kharn have blue hair?

Is there a proper Genestealer Cult PDF somewhere?
The one in here doesn't have weapons profiles etc.

depends on what bitz you want.
trukk has a lot of gubbins you might better use elsewhere, if you buy the wazbom blastajet and make one for the earlier bombas of dakkajet you have a wholesprue leftover

the basic ork boys kit has both shootas and pistol/CCW for all so if you want to use a AOS ork kit for more ork variety you get the bits to convert them there

Strange how they're still selling his classic model despite the updated plastic one.

Holy fuck the new site is boring and sterile as fuck

No sections for painting tips and news just sections for the war games.

No forums at all for whatever reason

Also glad they included a fat chick though

So the Tau player posted this to my LGS's forum after people have started complaining about his dual Riptide list and his friends FW Flamer Knight.

What is your checklist when facing those GCs and SHs?

I'm working on what boils down to Tau digganobz. So I have some Scions bits (canteens, ammo, holsters), but I'm trying to figure out useful extra bits for Kroot stand-ins, Devilfish, and suits. Plus my eternal quest for a full size jet engine for my Commander.

Well, they're supposed to be doing more OOP stuff and cast to order.

I play Nids, so honestly? Nothing.

>Feeling risky? - Yes
doesn't lead anywhere

That shit is retarded.

It doesn't say where to start but I assume it is the highest question.

Also the Felling Risky yes isn't connected to its next question...

It seems like they want people to list tailor against them...

you want to make what out of what?

fyi: the stormhawk interceptor sm flier comes with the stormtalon engines as well...

Those are tassels on his helm. Khârn is bald.

>Guys just tailor enough to spend the first two turns of the game killing one or two models

ItsATrap.jpg

What point level do they bring said Riptide and Knight?

That flow chart(?) or whatever is just the stupidest most common sense shit I have ever seen.

>Get more terrain
>vs Tau and Knight Acheron
RRRRRREEEEEEEEE FUCKING TAUFAGS

paint splatter is there, dig a little

not sure, but i doubt anyone lives to ask that question

shit format, terrible font, feeling risky doesn't loop back. 1/10, fire your graphic designer

simple solution:
dont play with him anymore, the game is unbalanced and if he cannot understand that....
GC/SHV are very diverse though, I personally consider 1 fine in most cases.

>Pretty let down by the new community site.
I told you it was just going to be an expanded form of the webstore blog.

I told you bro.

>What point level do they bring said Riptide and Knight?

Our shop usually plays at 1500/1750/2000 in that order. That is usually when they start bringing them but apparently the Archeron player brought it at 1000 with his small SoB force against a newer Tyranid player and was a pretty big shitter about it.

>Also the Felling Risky yes isn't connected to its next question...
Because youre done if you get there.

>It seems like they want people to list tailor against them...
In the same sense that you'll need to tailor against infantry or flyers or tanks or psyker or bikes or artillery or any of the other myriad threats your list may face.

They're both fucking faggots.
Does the Taufaggot even know the Riptide is a MC, not a GC, or are you talking about the Stormsurge?

Two Stormsurges at 1500 is pretty fucking faggotrocious.

Should I buy the start collecting box for starting a new tau army?

>What is your checklist
I'm a simple man

Sorry he only brings the Stormsurge at 1750 and 2000, which also has two riptides running with it.

The argument started over the riptides then grew into complaints about GC and that specific Knight.

I field a Paladin at 1500 with my IG sometimes and it goes over fine.

Yeah its retardedly good value. Grabbing 2 of them is a decent start

I'd say yes. It's probably one of the best SC boxes value-wise, but it really depends on what kind of list you want to build.

There's also a new Tau battleforce box coming out over the holidays that is a fairly good deal.

It's a good deal but perhaps you might want to wait for the Battleforces next month, I don't have pics but if you check the archive someone posted them a thread or two back. There's a Tau one which also saves a bunch and is a good start for an army.

I can see why. The Knight Acheron is fucking bullshit as Knights go, and the Stormsurge is arguably one of the best LoW in the game.

What army is running with the Knight though?

A tiny knight with an IG army isn't a huge problem.

Tossing an Archeon into a Super Friends gangbang will end poorly.

You got a link to whats in that battleforce?

>It's a good deal but perhaps you might want to wait for the Battleforces next month, I don't have pics but if you check the archive someone posted them a thread or two back. There's a Tau one which also saves a bunch and is a good start for an army.

here is a pic.

natfka.blogspot.de/2016/11/for-december-official-images-for-new.html

>What army is running with the Knight though?
He plays Salamanders so he claims the Knight fits his fluff, which I can give him, but he sticks three squads of stern in drop pods and some Centurians and Tacticals. He will even bring a conclave to split between the stern.

They are now the WAAC players at my shop and are quite upset with that label.

i dont get it.
whats the problem with pack your shit and go?

If I didn't already have a commander and a bunch of tanks I'd of bought that

>They are now the WAAC players at my shop and are quite upset with that label.
if it looks like a duck..

Are they really surprised by that, though? Do they not understand?

Holy shit that faggot with the Knight.
>durr it uses fire it fits Salamanders fluff

No wonder he's WAAC, fluff players would tell him to eat shit the moment he opened his mouth.

Shit, that's nothing. There's a guy that runs five knights at my store. The annoying thing is that you can either deal with them or you can't. There's no middle ground.

>nigga pulled shit my WAAC would do when he played warmahordes.
>Warmahordes seems to have the highest concentration of WAAC and some ofthe most extreme examples
This nigga needs to know he is WAAC.

>No wonder he's WAAC, fluff players would tell him to eat shit the moment he opened his mouth.
yes yes we would.

>stormhawk has spare engines
Neat.

As far as what to make: Rebuilt jetpack for Commander, replacement Crisis limbs, vehicle bits and gubbinz, and some proppa Orky kroot substitutes (mostly in the form of weapons). Plus whatever else comes up.

What are the most ridiculous formations aside from Sky hammer and War Convocation?

Riptide Wing
Wraithknight Dreamwalker Squadron (Apoc)
Gladius

>my army should be OP because of the fluff
Fuck off, retard. Shit like that is responsible for the abortion that is Craftworlds Eldar (no actual Craftworlds rules though lol).

Thanks for the answers. Any idea of the price of the battleforce?

Is it fluff-sensible to have an imperial guard force accompanied by grey knights or an assassin?

Why is warconvo even a rediculous formation, much less being so rediculous it deserves a disclaimer?

Anyway, the space marine formation that lets units disembark from transports, fire, then get back on is pretty bananas.

playing a fun game at 500 pts tonight thinking about doing a dread list for the hell of it with a techmarine.
possible?

no, but off the top of my head it has a stealth unit, a ghostkeel, a pathfinder team, a broadside and a commander crisis suit.

Between 150 and 170 most-likely

It's debatable if it's that OP, but you have to admit that they nerfed the only reason to opt for tesla.

not really, both of those units are top secret and the inquistion kills those who know about it. i could see them operating near by without telling the guard or killing them later

>Why is warconvo even a rediculous formation, much less being so rediculous it deserves a disclaimer?
thats one of the you get FREE STUFF formations. upgrades in this case, whatever you want. 0pts

Oh and a piranha

>grey knights
As long as you are fine with all your guardsmen being executes after the battle.

> an assassin?
Any assassin after a military target probably travels with the guard at least some. Makes perfect sense.

Pretty much. Though it only makes it more satisfying when you overcome.

>thats one of the you get FREE STUFF formations. upgrades in this case, whatever you want. 0pts

So what? It had real teeth because of arbitrary drop pod allocation. Those teeth got pulled.

The free tat doesn't make up for the unit selection being so crippled.

Are Assault Centurions any good? I love the look and what they can do but they're a bit impractical on paper, either paying for a Land Raider or footslogging don't look good

How to make them useful?

What they need to is differentiate Tesla and Gauss more. Right now, they're both mid-range mid-strength weapons. Drop the strength of Tesla but give it 2 shots, or drop the range and increase the strength, or something.

Can flying transports move farther than 6" and still drop off passengers? Necrons obviously have a rule about invasion beams and shit--what about those Wolfships and whatnot?

But almost all of the units in the WarConvo are great. It's tax units are fantastic relative to the tax units in most other large formations.

Throw them in a pod and/or stick a bunch of librarians with them.

>Can flying transports move farther than 6" and still drop off passengers?
What do the rules say?