Require assistance

My tremors make fine detail painting an impossibility, got a 40k tournament soon where you get points deducted for having unpainted unbased figures, image of an example of my shaky work, what should I do?

Keep elbows on the table. Rest one hand (wrist) on the other (or something stable). If nothing helps - consider switching to necrons in the future (where you can just spray-base-drybrush)

fpbp

Have you tried decals?
You can soak them in water and have ages to get them just right

I didn't see the part of your post where they deduct points for poorly-painted models.

this user has good advice for army choice if you derive a lot of satisfaction from painting your dudes yourself. You could also do the same simple technique with Marines, just write or choose a chapter that has bare metal armour.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with sending your models off to a painting service to get painted, especially if you're dealing with tremors from a physical ailment. This supports people who make their hobby money through painting, feeds the community. Obviously, finding someone whose work you like at a price you seem acceptable is important. And, obviously, yes it sucks that paying to have them painted might be your solution, but there are people who DON'T have a physical ailment preventing them from fully developing their technique who use painting services.

Basically, if you enjoy this hobby, keep at it. If you're not satisfied with what you're producing, and your tremors are keeping you from progressing, a paint service might be right for you, but only you can make that call.

Hope this helps, user.

Dude, just get a colored primer and a medium dip from the army painter. Best and quickest way to get a reasonable good tabletop standard on the table quick without people pointing and laughing at your models.

As for the shaking, its all about practice. Not the words you want to hear, but its the truth.

Honestly I'd say send it to a painting service

It might suck to have to pay for it and not being able to paint sucks too but if you're physically unable you'll probably have to

What this guy said, I feel like this is OPs last hope.

Since the tournament is so soon (about 4 days) I think ill simply paint them simple bare metal armour, then afterwards ill probably get a painting service to get them in proper colours

Undercoat. Base colour. Ink wash. Metal on guns. Shoulder pads.
Basing is as simple as putting a little glue on a base and then shaking some flock on.

dont bare metal
buy a shade and a bigass brush
use shade on bare metal
if you are really clever buy two or three shades, like agrax earthshade for the darker parts and reikland fleshshade for the lighter ones.

Wont look golden demon, but okayish.

And do the bases. Nothing fancy needed here either, buy some sand and deco stones, glue them onto the base and then paint the bases in brown. afterwards apply shade
takes about 5 min/model cost very little but it does make a difference

I would love to but I'm so constrained by time and money I cant even get shades

You could try drybrushing for highlights as it doesn't require too much precision

I would not do any yellow. Yellow is a bitch to painbt as it takes many layers. Dark colors cover better so you can stick with the black and pick another dark color and just do the pads and maybe the gun. After that you can wash and/or drybrush both of which do not take much precision. If you need 3 colors go main body (black) pads then a gun color.

Was trying to do the dark angels deathwing colours, obviously went pretty awful

>As for the shaking, its all about practice.

>My tremors make fine detail painting an impossibility

>My tremors

>Tremors

OP literally CAN'T paint detail or practice it away.

But dipping was otherwise good advice. There was a guy at my old FLGS that had the same problem - though it looks like you might have it worse than he did. He did do the advice from and it came out surprisingly okay. Admittedly it took him a long time to get to that state, but we were all happy for him when he did.

And he was painting High Elves.

Washes are a godsend. Drybrush lighter shades over base colours and then apply a wash - those two steps cover up my rush jobs and impatience. Give it a bash, sure, when you have more time, as four days before a tourney's leaving it a bit late to sskforadvice.

Best of luck, OP. I hope it turns out alright.

>As for the shaking, its all about practice. Not the words you want to hear, but its the truth.

>OP literally has tremors

You think you're a realist, but you're just an asshole.

Oh I'm sorry, did OP share with you his medical history?
The dude said he has tremors, and a hard time to paint details, he never said he had Parkinson disease or some other shit.
Everyone is a bit shaky in the beginning, but there are ways around this, as several anons has already pointed out, not just me.

Now you on the other hand, who thus far has contributed absolutely nothing to this thread, unless you count the fag-factor rising. What is your tip to OP?

I at least gave something to fucking work with, because if you cant use a colored primer and a dip, I suggest you get the fuck out of this hobby, because thats as baseline as it goes.

Terminators: spray white and dip / paint on a brown wash all over.

Priming Black for a light colour was an illogical move, but we have all done it atleast twice.

Green power armor tacticals: spray green and dip / paint on a brown wash.

Try and paint the guns with a bit of Red and Silver as best as you can.

They won't look down on you for making an effort.
The rule is typically there to stop WAAC players being lazy by bringing a grey tide of indistinguishable soldiers.

Even bad minis look fine when the photo is taken from across the table during a game.

What this user is saying. And also, spend a little effort on the base - That lifts the miniature up a LOT and gives a lot of milage for a little effort.
At its simplest level: Paint the top of the base brown and edges black, PVA-glue on some rocks, and add 1-3 greet tufts and you have passable bases that will look really good in a mass.

It's all about consistency.

If the tremors are due to medical reasons, how about contacting the tourney organizer so you don't get penalized unfairly?

yeah like everyone said just keep practising, eventually you will become the King of Painting, eh, maybe not the king actually, but you'll be better than terrible. you could be the king of something else though. You could be the King of Chairs ;)

supported completely and for part of the advice given with an anecdote about another player who had a the same problem who over vame it with similar methods. Those posts include solid advice for ways around the problem outside of telling OP to practice away a condition.

OP didnt say, "My hands shake when I paint," which could eventually be practiced away like you suggest. He said had tremors, which can be in and of itself a condition. Tremors can have causes, but often they do not and can happen in people of any age. Unfortunately, Doctors don't currently know why this happens. However, even if there was a larger reason like you suggest, , he isn't required to share it with Veeky Forums. It should be enough to say, "I have tremors," and leave it at that. We, being intelligent people, can understand that its a condition unto itself or a symptom of a larger problem without having to get into it further like your unnecessaily rude post required us to do.

Now, dipping and drybrushing is probably the best course of action. You won't get show room results, but you can be good enough for the table top. You could also take advice one step further and get a stand of some sort to hold the mini for you when you paint. But keep trying and let us know how it works out. We're rooting for you, dude.