That DM thread?

That DM thread?

My DM just railroaded us into something in a really annoying way. Make me appreciate him by showing me how much worse it could be.

he could be really really fucking vague.

My own tale

> nobody on docks but two guards, we try not to get attention while looking for someone to get info from
> me and dwarf pass stealth checks and walk by unnoticed, bard rolls ok but not enough
> bard 'trips on a fish sending it into the guard's face'
> guard is immediately mad at him
> bard explains that he was attacked, rolls really well, he's covered in blood and bandages so..
> guard gets suspicious, drags him off to investigate this story
>I politely ask other guard for info and receive it
> other guard sees the dwarf's pet big lizard and freaks out, blows whistle, and charges
>I try to stop him but fail, dwarf rolls insane and just grabs the guy and chokes him out
> first guard handcuffs bard to a post and comes back
> he immediately sees what's happening as three other guards arrive
> we try to make excuses poorly, bard picks lock and starts to sneak back
> bluffs are failing, they're determined to kill the lizard, so the dwarf steps on unconscious guard's neck and intimidates
>I see the bard and try to go over to him
>nabbed, no check or warning that they're blocking us
> dwarf kills the guard
> combat starts, long story short we get handcuffed.
> lizard was hurt and thrown in water, not sure if it survived
> we time skip several days, we're on the road in some sort of cage cart thing

Anyway that's where we are now, off to judgment. We'll see what happens next. It's not that horrible but it felt very railroady the way he did it. It feels like he put us in a tough situation, either let the lizard die or fight.

He could make meaningless threads on Veeky Forums hoping to provoke outrage against SJWs. That would be pretty annoying, especially if he made them every day.

It could be worse.

He could be a shitposter on Veeky Forums.

True!

Sorry for wanting to have a casual discussion about the hobby we all share. That's shit posting I guess. Why share stories and complain when we can pirate books and be terrible at netrunner together? That's what Veeky Forums is really about.

>Be intersexed
>This is an actual documented thing and by no means fakeable
>It's lower on this list than "genderfluid"
#triggered

>my GM is bad, help me get back at him
>no details given
If a thread begins like this, more than half the time it turns out that the OP is a That Guy. And your choice of image doesn't exactly help matters.

The image was just something weird I saw in that Whitewolf survey, I actually forgot I chose that I just figured it was vaguely Veeky Forums related.

I don't want to get back at him, I wanted stories about other bad dms so I'd feel a little better about my not so bad one who did something irritating.

No hate, bro. I'm just pointing out that the OP really does you no favors.

Yea I realised I should open with my own tale a little late, I meant for it to be a "tell me about that time your dm was the worst so I feel better about mine"

Oh well

I may be one. But I regret nothing. It's my favourite way of shooting down assholes.

>playing 5e first time with 3.pf players
>players keep bragging about how their characters are badasses and can kill everything
>your usual story about everything being a walking pile of loot and xp
>likewise, their characters have no respect for anyone and misbehave all the time
>finally, they offend a local noble with this shit
>noble orders his guards to capture them
>PCs resist arrest and are beaten and brought to 0 hp
>players start bitching
>pretend that their bitching worked and say that they are not dead, but they wake up in shackles, bound and gagged, in a carriage
>they succesfully wiggle free of their bonds and attack the guards, who didn't fight but just shoved them off the carriage and rode away on full speed
>so, PCs are on a road in the middle of a forest
>it's midwinter
>all they have are a singe knife the rogue managed to steal, and two big blankets
>no one took survival
>they recognize the surroundings, though - if they follow the carriage, they get back to a town under the noble's rule, and if they follow the road in the opposite direction, they get to an abandoned undead-infested village
>so they decide to circle back to town through the forest to avoid checkpoints
>everyone except the rogue dumped wisdom
>and he botched his survival roll

They died of cold even before the snowstorm started.

> bard 'trips on a fish sending it into the guard's face'

Mistake number one

> other guard sees the dwarf's pet big lizard and freaks out, blows whistle, and charges

Mistake number two

Seems like the DM has something written that requires him to nab your characters, looks pretty railroady

Basically.

The fish thing was so stupid. It's fantasy age, so it's 3d6+modifier. 7 is 'easy' target number, and that's what he got so it wasn't like a critical failure. Then on his explain-that-shit check he got a fuckin 17, which isn't bad. It was absolute bullshit.

Then yea, basically "lizard get hit or you engage physically with the police, and he already called backup." No initiative, no persuasion, nothing. and the lizard might still be dead.......... rip

It's a bit obvious. Thing is we had even broken a law earlier (sort-of-robbed-someone) so all he had to do was have us get caught boarding this ferry we wanted to take a few days later. Would have felt more natural, at least.

>Trans-#
>Actual separate catagory from man and women

I understand that it's for those snowflake teenagers that thing being a boy or girl is too mainstream, but that straight up goes against the whole point of being trans. Trans isn't a third option, it just means you want to pick the other one, you're still either a boy or girl.

God this shits me right off.

The fish was definitely stupid.
It sounds to me like the GM hated the lizard though.
Unless he had previously established that people would react that way to the lizard and y'all just ignored it, that was shit GMing.
I can forgive the occasional retarded fail (although I hate that) and when the poster got nabbed due to a lack of explaining where the guards were.

But ignoring that the characters would realize that bringing the lizard would cause trouble and springing it on them because the players didn't know what their characters would have?
That shit is unforgivable.

I think that's genius. That's exactly what to do to people who stack for murder.

While statistically, there are bound to be trans-people who put it all out there just for attention, I think you'll find that in most cases, trans-people who publicly identify themselves as trans do it for one of three reasons - 1, because they prefer to be open about the fact that their experiences and daily lives can, and often do, differ substantially from the experiences and lives of their cis-gendered counterparts, 2, as a statement refuting the idea that being trans is a shameful thing that needs to be hidden, or 3, trans-people who pass as their identified gender do it as an act of solidarity for those trans-people who don't pass, and thus don't have the option to keep their trans status private.

>trans-people who publicly identify themselves as trans do it for one of three reasons

1.attention
2. attention
3. attention

Oh, but you must be thoroughly charming in person, I'm sure.

Seems fair enough to me unless you're leaving certain details out

I am definitely not that user But listen:
>1, because they prefer to be open about the fact that their experiences and daily lives can, and often do, differ substantially from the experiences and lives of their cis-gendered counterparts
So their experiences differ, many individuals do. Why are they identifying as someone whose life differs substantially? To draw attention to that fact.

>2, as a statement refuting the idea that being trans is a shameful thing that needs to be hidden
A fine goal they are drawing attention towards.
There is a difference between not hiding a fact and drawing attention to it.

>3, trans-people who pass as their identified gender do it as an act of solidarity for those trans-people who don't pass, and thus don't have the option to keep their trans status private.
Again, solidarity is a noble reason to draw attention towards yourself.

I personally don’t care if someone is trying to draw attention to themselves.
But this is Veeky Forums and if you try to say attention seeking behavior is anything but, we will call you out on it.
And I call attention to the fact that I say this as someone who grew up with a terrific uncle who was what would be called trans today.