Steampunk Duardin are coming, edition

>resources
pastebin.com/tp31cBzS

>General's Handbook pdf is up
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Old thread:

In case you missed it, this teaser image is what everyone is talking about. Could just be custodes stuff, could be dwarfs, could be whatever, but we do know this game from GWs community site. So whatever it is, it's legit.

The bottom right circular crest is dwarf no question about it fother mucker.

Man, I hope it's a Sylvaneth-tier release, with a ton of new shit.
>big mech-engines
>exoframe/powerarmor infantry
>ironclad airships
>steam guns

Custodes knight? That panel-in-pauldron seems 40k-y to me.

Rumor is jet packs, power armor, and zeppelins.

And if it's not, you could always go to Titan-Forge for your third-party mechadwarves.

Speaking of mechadwarves, anyone have the picture of the conversion one user did out of the gyrocopter kit? Shit was cash, but I was on my phone at the time

So, guys, I am very interested in the new Khorne Bloodbound box to start a Bloodbound army. The only thing I don't really like are these things. the models are nice, but their warscroll don't look very good.

There is a way to utilize the kit or otherwise have them work on a battlefield? Or I mustresign to use one as a Khorne Lord on Juggernaut and shelve the others?

Eh, I heard they do good in units of 6, and a few batallions give them bonuses. Never used or fought against them though, I can't really say.

One of he easiest ways to know if someone has shit taste is to check of they like steampunk.

They are not *that* terrible.
I mean, overall they are about as generic as superheavy cavalry can be, but they are most of the time "enough". Cheap enough to field in units of six (or two units of three), fast enough to flank, hard enough to last a while and killy enough to be unpleasant to fight against.

Hey what were the buffs and models that make skeletons super strong.

Sure, here you go. I am working on painting my duardin force right now, and I'm saving this guy for last. I find it's best to paint the centerpiece model last because you have gotten that much better at painting the scheme it's supposed to fit with.

And the hammer alone.

>those tiny MAN feet

What, do you want long legs? Like a dirty HUMAN?

Damn, at last i can play warmachine without all of its combo bullshit.

Shouldn't have skipped legday.

4" movement, bro.

Makes me want to make a few Cannons into Metal Slug like tanks now.

How would you say they would fare against necro knights?

so i got 60 normal goblins
what size should I run them and with spears or bows?

Nigga, you see that fucking straight up Dwarf symbol on the bottom right. We getting dwarves motherfucker.

So is there any point in NOT giving your character a mount if they have the option for it? It seems unlikely that anyone wouldn't want the extra attacks and movement bonus that a warboar would provide to a Warboss, for instance. Is there a hidden cost or something that I'm just not seeing?

check the generals handbook the points costs might be different

also some characters have weirdly different rules when mounted (see: chaos lords on foot versus chaos lords on steeds)

Fucking. Hype.

Stayed away from AoS waiting for these guys. As a Warmahorde player this is the theme I love.

God this is awesome.

Bet it turns out to be an extreme closeup of a Bloodbowl Dwarf now.

Too big. The only thing BB dwarfs would have that large would be the Deathroller.

I do want me some Blood Bowl though.

Why would they need an exhaust vent?

Is right. I didn't want the model to be too tall, and the meganob legs were just too convenient. And I justified it all with its native 4" movement.

it really looks off to me,.
but i like it.

Why would they do that when they have already previewed the entire Dwarf team (minus the FW resin models like deathroller)

Last thread is linked, but royal warsphinx, necrotech, SETTRA were the ones I remember.

So steamhead reveal when?

everyone thought the Stormcast were space marines.....wait for the Steamheads ;)

Mainly a bunch of Tomb King shit that is murder to find anywhere reliably.

alright, let's say i'm interested in AoS. I just want a fast, hard hitting melee army. Rough and tumble, maybe glass cannon-ish, but I want to smash face hard. What are the best armies for that? Preferably one of the newer ones but I am open.

beastclaw raiders are the premier "run forward and hurt shit" army

they have a great bundle box that makes it easy to get into

Beastclaw for big smash, Slaanesh riders for faster than lightning

Beastclaw are also pretty durable on account of All of their units but ONE have 4 or more wounds.
Their basic battleline have SIX with a 4+ saves

What's the catch/downside to them?

Hrm, they do look fun. I take it they're a more expensive army because of larger models and such?

I think their point cost per model is high enough you end up paying less for a 1k army instead.

points wise they are expensive

money wise they are pretty cheap, the Icewind Assault box is spectacular

I see! The icewind box looks nice. They seem to lack a bit of variety but they get big monsters, which is fun. I think I might look into them more.

If you wanna branch out later, you can just slap any other Destruction into it, so normal Ogres for foot or Greenskins, even Fimir and stuff, all as the same army no problem

Each of those big monsters has three different variations (Though the frostlord is best on a stonehorn since that thing's a melee beast), one of the thundertusks can actually heal stuff too.
Just remember to take the blood vulture, since that's a guaranteed mortal wound on SOMETHING each turn

Oh yeah, and the thundertusk can be compared to a disintegration beam with a fat man riding it
So a Murican disintegration beam

sounds like fun. I take it that icewind assault thing is a good buy? Along with another stonehorn/thundertusk?

Icewind Assault is like, a whole army, all included to set up for play straight away, so it's pretty good if you're looking for some Ogre smashing fast

Money wise, yeah it's quite good. It's $215 but the models retail separately for $302.

Here's a list I've used with great success for the last couple of weeks. It's as subbtle as a brick and has real trouble when your opponent has masses of tarpits, but otherwise it performs well.
Take the destruction trait over the beastclaw one, it's way better. Aim Frostlord and Mournfangs at the soft center of the enemy and let them go. Between allegiance trait, command trait, command ability and high Movement, chances are you will be in melee by turn one. The Frostlord is functionally unkillable and does a shitload of damage, so have him eat any big thing that might be scary otherwise. As for Mournfangs, I am partial to the gargant hackers, but either loadout is good.
Meanwhile, the Huskard and the Beastriders (Blood Vulture on both of them) bombard the shit out of the enemy lines, taking the edge of anything that might actually trouble your melee guys or blowing support heroes and cannon crews to kingdom come. Melee with them should only be done if it's really needed, so most of the time it's better to utilize your significant range. That said, they make a very tempting target, so don't be afraid to have them play bait to protect another unit or draw attention. They are still beefy monsters, so they will hold up well enough, usually.
The kitties are mostly there to gum up charge lanes if you should fail a charge or need to cover an exposed flank. Feel free to throw them under a bus when needed. They can do a spot of wizard hunting in a pinch, but between two thundertusks that will rarely be needed.

Almost half a horde done

Does the new Stormcast Lord-Veritant have points for match play?

Thanks

Steampunk was a mistake.

Already posted this in /wip/ but not getting much feedback there. What do you guys think of my warlord? Thinking about making the flag red as well.

> Skin/Fur still needs highlight
> Robes still need highlights.

Storm of Sigmar for £13, is that worth it?

No real intention to get into AoS, but I'm curious about the models. I got the free Slaughterpriest on White Dwarf, I was maybe going to track down the free Stormcast, but you get 3 in this box.

Steampunk is rad, cogfop is shit.

By what metric? Since you don't care about the game, how are we to divine what you consider a good deal?

Just for the models it's ok, but the numbers are shit, if you ever want to play AoS. There is no way to get them to unit strength, without having a model too much. It's a weird box desu. I think they planned it without taking the GHB into account.

If the steam dorfs sell well enough, I imagine we get at least 1 more steampunk faction. Humans are definitely possible and but could also see a that skaven clan get a bigger release or even a whole new faction, like that warmahordes one with the skeleton mechs.

Wasn't the rumor Goblin Skypirates?

Seeing as AoS greenskins are barely even able to manufacture steel.

No.

>implying that matters
In the Realm of Asspull, NotSkarsnik MacGyver and his pet become sky pirates due to the Dwarven meme metal giving them super shit to make zepplins with propellers outta.

You're right, I forgot these.

Skin might need a little wash before the highlight too. Otherwise, love the way it looks.

It's a good tabletop

>Seeing as AoS greenskins are barely even able to manufacture steel.
The bigger ones, sure. They don't have a real interest in figuring out steel manufacturing. But goblins have a bit more cunning than that.

This is just cadian washed with reikland fleshade. Will do a cadian highlight followed by a kislev flesh highlight

Not completly finished but should be finished in 1 more sitting.

Should I post more of my skaven?

I was waiting for this duardin release to start with AOS. YES YES YES!!

This. Steampunk is cancer no exceptions

Shithead Daurdin are gonna be fyreslayer levels of awful

Hey guys I just want to get some thoughts here. I used to play 7th edition a fair amount at my FLGS. I moved away from the area to one where no one played Fantasy. Moved back to the original area pumped to get into the game again. I played ogres and at this point they had their new book out but I was told to "just hold off because new edition was incoming". So I fell off again, came back to the store and AoS had just started. I wasn't really into it. Gave it another try when GHB came out, still not very into it. Anyway I had some questions.

Yes or no, is there a power creep moving the meta away from the old armies that pressures you to buy into the new "big model" forces.

At my FLGS we play on Saturdays, usually it is like five or six people all at one huge battle on 3 sides and like 2500-3000 per side. It sucks. Takes forever and one player has nagash. I feel like nagash is the type of character that has to be focused on by basically everything or he's going to win. Anyway is this a good battle plan like at all? Seems like it took way longer than a traditional game would. I think I'd have more fun in a one on one.

>Yes or no, is there a power creep moving the meta away from the old armies that pressures you to buy into the new "big model" forces.
Right now? No. Tomb Kings are an abandoned army that haven't received a single update since the initial overhaul and points in the GHB, but they're currently one of the more powerful armies in the game.

>At my FLGS we play on Saturdays, usually it is like five or six people all at one huge battle on 3 sides and like 2500-3000 per side.
Well yeah, six players going for an Apocalypse-style game will take forever. Not only do you have a lot of models, but also five other people to wait on before your turn hits. Try getting a few guys to play a one-on-one for a change.

That's what I'm thinking. I think that my gutbusters are handicapped in that style because I just don't have the flexibility. That and my stuff goes against Nagash buffed stuff that my rend doesn't affect and has double saves on everything. Hopefully if they do a gutbuster update I will get some fun synergies

>goblin sky pirates
>DesireToKnowMoreIntensifies.jpg

>six people at once at 2500-3000 points per side

Jesus fucking christ user, that sounds like no fun at all. Even if you capped everyone at 1000 points each you'd still be waiting like a half hour for your turn. I don't think AoS is meant to be played like that.

Yea it's a bit ridiculous, and we play the artifact plan so either you can't get your army out or you just have a few high cost units out first

There's a brief mention of them in I think the Fyreslayers battletome. It's possible that it could be a full faction or just something mentioned to build flavor.

The kinda steampunk AoS will have will most likely be cogfop.

Got a few questions lads.
First of all can I get some case reccomendations that would work for this list

Leaders
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)

Units
Blood Knights x 5 (260)
Blood Knights x 5 (260)
Blood Knights x 5 (260)
Vargheists x 3 (160)
Vargheists x 3 (160)

Total: 1980/2000

Second can I get some opinions on the list please, never played any of the models and only ever ran a huge deathrattle/nighthaunt horde army.

Third anyone got some cool ideas for a paint scheme? I'm still brainstorming so I'm open to pretty much anything but I'm really feeling purple right now, I love painting it for some reason.

Thanks for any help lads

Almost forgot, anyone got some cool conversions for the blood knights? I've heard a lot of people saying use dragon blades and I've been looking into bits to make them more vampire-y but nothing's caught my eye so far.

If Americans are so fat, why do we always beat the snot out of the rest of the world in the Olympics? Even "1/4 the world is in our borders" China in 08. Just saying.
Hell Warhammer has never had any American equilivent in its games (beside Blood Bowl, GW'S greatest creation. And no, that is NOT a coincidence)

Puppetswar vampire heads are pretty good.

>If Americans are so fat, why do we always beat the snot out of the rest of the world in the Olympics?
A combination of good training, number of athletes. Last Olympics for example the USA had 554 athletes participating. When you've got almost 100 more athletes than the second country with a ton of athletes, spread them over a lot of competitions and throw some good training on top of that, the USA winning the most medals becomes a "yeah, no shit sherlock."

Also your swimmers were just kicking ass left right and centre. Lot of medals there.

The fat stereotype is just something Americans managed to stick on themselves, what with pictures of fat Americans in elderly cars being everywhere on the internet. Tourists in the US being shown how ridiculously big American portions at restaurants and fast food chains are just confirms the stereotype to them.

>Hell Warhammer has never had any American equilivent in its games
Well that depends, are talking "USA style" Americans? Or just "people of the continent of America?" Because Fantasy had Lizard Aztecs in abundance.

Besides, they gave you an entire army made out of Rambo's in 40K.

Other guy here, it's not in Fyreslayers, I want to know too...

That meme comes from the fact that USA fed the world through two world wars. How would we not eat more than everyone else?

Anyone here taken the Virulent Procession? it's made up of 2 Filth congregations, so for essentially 3 formations it's 200pts.

Do you get a relic for each battalion you take, or does it just cap at 1?

Do you even get relics if you take pestilens as your alligience?

Thought you had to go mixed chaos for that.

It says you do somewhere, some Faq or something i remember.

Basically the out of date battle-tomes count as being, Chaos, Death, etc Otherwise they would have no allegiance power, no warlord traits, no relic items, etc.

If GW cared a bit more they would provide them for the books that came before, it would be nice to have unique ones

Actually fuck it. my urge to make use of this clouded my mind, some how forgot you need two Furnaces and a V-Lord, the Furnace is so overcosted at 220 leaves you with barely any points for all the plague monks you need, you've spent 880 before you even purchase any monks.

Typical shit 'formation made of formations' GW loves to waste pages on

So I am planning on buying some of the Rohan Lotr figures but I also want to play some AoS, what faction do you think would get the closest to playing the rohan in AoS?

People still play lord of the rings?

Bretonians, im not fucking joking. Bretonian mounted dudes are pretty much the rohirim

It's much bigger in the UK than anywhere else.

Great work user, keep it up. Painting regulars is one of the hardest thing to do in this hobby, as it takes time and is repetitive!

>The fat stereotype is just something Americans managed to stick on themselves
with their massive obesity rate. Isn't it like 20% of your population in aggregate.

I caulked it up to money.
Buy the best athletes