Favorite Rifts Power Armor and Why?

Whats your favorite RIFTS power armor.
Mines the wild weasel, its quick and its communication/counter measures are a huge game changer.

Other urls found in this thread:

www1.zippyshare.com/v/ks5xjPxO/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>SAMAS

That's the douchebag of power armors user.

Only the CS version is douchey.

THICC

>Rifts
HOW IS THAT TRAIN WRECK OF A GAME STILL GOING? HOW IS PALLADIUM BOOKS STILL IN BUSINESS?

The layout is terrible, there are spelling mistakes all over the goddamn place, art quality varies wildly, the skills system is messy and overwrought, the attributes system sucks, there are too many specific saves with specific modifiers, the only rules Palladium ever created for multiclassing exist solely in Adventures on the High Sea from their fucking Palladium Fantasy line, the technowizard item creation system is ass, I could go on and fucking on.

This. Game ain't even worth stealing. cool concept for a universe, absolutely terrible execution in all their books. Even the art in modern books looks like something from '95.

Glad you have an opportunity to vent, so yourvlike the kid who goes into a 40k discussion to tell them shadowrun is better.
Get bent kiddo, no ones talking wven game play right now just whats a sweet PA

Guys hella thicc, super heavy armor and two boom guns for a double does of fuck you.

So relevant, go tell the dnd 1.0 people that they are lame too cause they care

Is there a way to illegally acquire the Megaverse in Flames book? I can't seem to find it anywhere and it seems the most interesting thing that's come out since the Coalition war set.

Also, did anyone else take a look at the Godling RCC and go, "lol time to take three magic OCCs"?

>HOW IS PALLADIUM BOOKS STILL IN BUSINESS?
Licensing shit to Pinnacle, currently.

>Is there a way to illegally acquire the Megaverse in Flames book?
No.
www1.zippyshare.com/v/ks5xjPxO/file.html

This, because I feel like I can blow up the whole fucking world with the rocket drum pack

Very difficult choice. All time favorite? The UWW Warlock Marine enchanted power armor. Favorite specifically native to Rifts Earth? The Aqua-Tech Orca-50 Deep Sea Power Armor. Slim, versatile, and moderately dangerous. Everything an explorer or soldier needs.

Mein negro.

Seriously, have you looked at the Godling or the Demigod RCC in Pantheons of the Megaverse? Fun shit.

I don't have it on pdf only dead tree or I would kick you sown. Its pretty......dyval took over Cuba its giant fort island now.

Holds 96 right? Or something odd

The Cougar
1: Man sized is best sized
2: The chest G launchers mean you can always apply the perfect grenade for the situation.
3: The shoulder launchers ensure that you don't has problem when that thing needs to die RIGHT NOW!
4: More suits need flamethrowers.
5: Why walk when you can climb?
6: Kind of absurdly high melee damage (Honestly though the penalties to using non-weapons is a big turn off. C'mon Northern Gun I know that if you put your most brilliant scientists to would you could achaieve retractible claw technology [or even just detachable])
7: Because its made by Northern Gun (I suspect NG may actually be mai waifu) not even one of the major factions etc will try to kill me on sight for having it.
8: Chuck Walton art hnnnnnggg!
9: Damn! I forget what they're called. The thing that lets you plug shit into the suits generator.
10: Solid sensor suit and other utility equipment.
11: Have I mentioned how many fucking grenade launchers this thing has?
12: How could I forget really good MDC
13: No flight or rocket-sprint, but you can into jetpack with this beast. (I imagine a cougar Lynx hybrid would be the super OP master race a la Underworld [except it doesnt actually end up getting owned by BBEG anyway])
14: Diversified offensive portfolio
15: pretty solid upgrade options

I think its only two magic classes though not 3, necromancer plus shifter equals godling to the extreme

Yes it fucking does. pop a rack of 96 short range plasma missiles and you fire that bitch off up to 48 at a time.

Dynamo from the Siege on Tolkien series is a close second if only because it can throw Hadokens of pure lightning

As a former GM of a 3-year Rifts Campaign, this weapons system was the most powerful attack I could find

Otherwise I have a love for the recharging shields on the Triax X-1000 Ultimax

>No one posting best glitter girl

No-bodies is surviving AFTERMATH of attack, miska.

That's technically a cyborg body, but fuck it, full conversion is just powered armor for your brain case.

>just powered armor for your brain case.
Yeah, I don't see much of a distinction there either.

It's a Zaku

No love for Horlock Robotics and their off-brand SAMAS knockoff? Honestly, I love all their designs, even the Zombie exoskeleton. But the Harpy is just a thing of beauty.

On more than one occasion a character of mine has had to cobble together a 'cyborg body' for a dying teammate out of power armor parts. Muscle, bone, life support, armor skin. The parts are there.

Thats not depressing at all.

In the long run, mortality is just an engineering problem.

Cyborgs are power armors with very tiny cockpits.

They're like the little brother of power armor.

It's not easy for one man to stat every occupation in the multiverse and format a book. Cut siembieda some slack.

Yeah but that's the sweet assvrobot, the mobile howitzer, love that thing. Range in modern combat is ultra important

Multi-classing in rifts and most palladium franchises is way OP, everything is front loaded.
If you take 1 level of say RPA (robot pilot) and go to level 2 with it then take 1 lv of techno wizard you some how managed to get nearly double the skills of any other lv 3 plus you cast magic that should take years and years to learn, and you are piloting and pimping out your own multi million dollar robot you started with.
Level progressions are more subtle in palladium, no feats and you generally start with all or most of your powers, so Multi-classing becomes insain.
Also diffrent classes take diffrent xp to level.
A lv1 special forces, lv1 mind melter, lv 1 shifter, lv 1 rouge scholar would have pretty much all skills, massive magic, the best psi, the best combat.
Its silly, also it takes more than a mission or two to learn a whole new profession, and some how magically learn a dedicated magical craft, and have your genes changed to become a powerfull mind mage.
Multi-classing is silly.

>How you can tell Dickbot is pleased

That, and the massive amount of individual classes makes multiclassing pointless. Unless you are specifically trying to power game, there is a specific class that replicates whatever your character concept may be.

My nigga

Most over powered fastest most killing power, stealth having, credit sink in all of the 3 galaxies and retard powerfull........
I give you the A-1 Avenger

That's not a Megaversal Legion Counterstrike. That's not a Megaversal Legion Counterstrike at all.

Counter strike would get wasted by an A-1
Camo system, spoofers, ohh and don't forget mach 4 in atmosphere and a rail gun that does 2d4x10 and a laser that does 2d6x10.......and shields.
There is a chance in hell Id let a player get a megaversal counterstrike....no chance they are getting an Avenger in all but the most high powered game.

Based on pure looks alone. Whole design has a mix of goofy and Doctor Doom level of obvious evil that just does it for me.

Things so big samas's can stand in the top where cannons are as like a mobile tower platform.

The Counterstrike's Inertial Force Field is an adequate, though specialized, counterpart to the Avenger's energy field (Auto-parry *any* physical projectile at +3, and even failed parries reduce damage by half. Missiles, bullets, rail gun slugs, meteors, thrown boulders, battleship cannon rounds, etc, all stopped dead). With a 2d6x10 mini-railgun and a 1d6x10 plasma cannon, plus two 2d6 mini-lasers, two grenade launchers, and mini-missile racks, I don't think the Avenger can match the Counterstrike for firepower. The speed and camo abilities I'll give you. Those are nice. But the Counterstrike just dumps too much firepower too quickly to discount out of hand. I think they're fairly evenly matched.

Your mixing the destroyer borg with that power armor though.
The power armor is still sweet but doesn't have the shield. And the range on its rail guns is lower meaning the avenger can stay out of range making you hit be at past long range and lower your strikes %.
It does have a nice rail gun but only slightly more powerful than the avenger.
Also the lasers on the avenger are better ranged, and has a force field.

The text on the Power Armor (though not its stat block) and the ruling text on the Inertia Field both state that the Power Armor get it. Looking right at the book.

Ahhhhhh are we looking at the same place?

Last paragraph before the stat block. Third sentence.

Easy to miss, I know. I just chock up its exclusion from the stat-block itself to sloppy editing.

Your right I missed it, wish that was in the stat block hahaha, well no editor whatcha gonna do.

My melanin-enhanced comrade!

best PA is best.

Hottest but definitely not best.