/cyoa/ - "Choose Your Own Adventure" General

Last Thread: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D6KRIMASing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> Jeansman's muscly arms of strangulation
Goddamn I still love this smurf.

i thought it was called /cyoag/

It's been so long since I seen "/cyoag/", I actually thought it was "/cyoa/".

Post more comfy CYOA.

It is:

I was going to save this for the next thread image but sure.

Nyet.

Only when a faggot makes it.

Here goes

>Midnight
>Rain
>Couch
>Other (No one)
>Alcohol

>do this one before bed
>dream about how much better life could have been
>dream turns into a nightmare as I realize it's not real
>wake up and feel like poop all d ay

Don't do self-insert fantasy CYOA's before bed.

Sometimes I need a reminder of the reason I usually just visit to post new material. The constant namefag drama in the last thread is a good enough reason for me.

The only required part is "CYOA". Some of us get anal about the header, though.

>that episode of /cyoag/ where the village retard is trying his/her hardest to be part of the community but nobody gives a shit.
>[Laugh Track]

I tried. I made a fucking Traveler build as a god damn Mech.

Zero discussion.

It is. OP is just a faggot.

Sometimes, but the g is completely superfluous.

Sunset
Snow
Bookshelf
Bed
Fireplace
Human
Hot chocolate
Fruits and Pastries
Sleepware
Radio

At least you remember your dreams. I never do. It sucks ass

Probably because Highlander isn't on right now.

These threads have been tainted by false idols.

Take these boons and make /cyoag/ great again.

if it makes you feel any better, I saw that build and thought it was neat. I just skimmed through the thread without posting. I'm still behind on giving Imaginos headpats.

posted wrong image
i received a shitload of terrifying drug suggestions, so I'm probably going to only use 1 from each of the major categories.
also, my work is flawed, feel free to tell me how in exquisite detail

>Midnight
>rain
everybody who doesn't pick midnight rain is an enormous faggot with shit taste
>Fireplace
Crackling in the middle of the wall, not too far from the...
>Couch
Which faces the fireplace. It's large enough to lay across
>Bookshelf
Lines the walls to the left and right of the fireplace

All four companion types will be spending time in my pocket dimension, and dozens upon dozens will visit, but there likely will never be more than 2 or 3 at a time.
>Hot Chocolate
Or coffee, if such is your inclination
>Radio
Playing smooth jazz, of course
youtube.com/watch?v=D6KRIMASing
>Fruits and Pastries
Biscuits and such, just try not to get crumbs everywhere
Insects
Fireflies, for something a bit different. So long as they don't get in the way of anything, it should add a kind of mystical feel

That you for that CYOA. Arguably comfier than the SS cyoa that's been going around, without worrying about tallying points.

>>Midnight
This pleb doesn't pick 4 am.

>Midnight
>Anywhere near as good as sunset
I know you cant have it with rain, but come on, sunset is a whole lot prettier

>Steroids

No downsides.

I'll go ahead and admit that sunset isn't horrible. It's mainly a matter of how much focus you want there to be on the setting. Sunsets are made to be looked at, they put on a show of colors and are a marvel to witness, especially when cuddling a loved one as is the idea of the cyoa. However, night rain sets the mood for things going on inside. There's nothing there to focus on even if you tried, so instead it just passively relaxes you and lets you turn your attention to the companions themselves

I seen the sunset through rain. Light rain, of course.

It was just as beautiful as you could hope it could be.

Evens: Mary Jane
Odds: In Linking the Sonorous Dream

Is Imaginos still here? I have a couple questions for them about Dream Prince.

Qt

Honestly, unless it's a namefag, most builds don't get any attention. It's why I try to at least give one reply when people build for my stuff.

Yep I'm here, Fire away.

These are all top shelf. Adderall is pretty great.
But so is Steroids. And Cocaine. Damn it.

First off can I pick the genders for Intractable Rival and Impish Sibling?

Second I can take as many quests as I want right?

And then I have two small points of criticism/requests.

There should really be a range weapon skill. You've got guns in higher tech realms and bows and slings in lower tech realms.

I also think that perhaps there should be a writing skill. Such as for novels, plays, etc. After all you do have options for various other forms of art.

Anyway I'm making my build right now and it's based off my build for the original version. It's hard deciding if I want to change things and have it be similar to Space Exalted.

Adderall looks like a camgirl I watch.

Traveller is a comfy CYOA.

What? No Psilocybin?

>First off can I pick the genders for Intractable Rival and Impish Sibling?
Yes you can.

>Second I can take as many quests as I want right?
Correct.

>There should really be a range weapon skill. You've got guns in higher tech realms and bows and slings in lower tech realms.
I actually considered this and rejected it due to most fairytales/storybook type princes/heroes not using ranged weapons. May not make as much sense in a high tech setting though.

>I also think that perhaps there should be a writing skill. Such as for novels, plays, etc. After all you do have options for various other forms of art.
That would fall under Cultured Prince as another art form that you'd write in.

Glad you like it so far. Can't wait to see your build.

Cocaine is by far the prettiest but Marijuana is the only one who might be able to stand me.

More thoughts on the ranged weapon thing. As it is supposed to be dream realms and I've added more things that have ranged weapons as a big part of their story base (space and hero stuff etc..) even if ranged weapons don't fit in with most fairytales/storybook stuff, you could fluff melee weapon as a ranged weapon, same with the amu'zan weapon.

Yeah FUCK YOU AUTHOR!!!! HOW DARE YOU NOT INCLUDE ALL DRUGS???

It just seems like a really important drug. I've barely even heard of ketamine before, but I guess I'm just not hip to the kids these days.

I like it.
Steroids is absolutely best girl, and I say this as someone who has barely ever gone to the gym (yet remain fairly skinny/average fortunately).

Marijuana and LSD are nice too though.

>Giant
>God permitting Nephilim to live

>that's the author's main kink.
it actually isn't. aksed the thread what to make a cyoa about, guy said comfy+lewd. asked what that meant, two guys said /ss/. made acyoa about it.
now being the teenage girl in 7ss/? i wouldnt mind that

Aww, no scopolamine?

She'd make a good mystery box, I think. Once you get too close, you're already under her spell, so you can't turn back again.

>posting an outdated version

Coffee is my waifu. Wouldn't trade a lady of such unusual quality for any of those cheap tricks.

Thanks dude, didn't realized it was out dated.

I need help., I can't choose between which of these two cyoas to make. Both revolve around eldritch/creepy waifus but one would take place on Earth, and another on a space station a la Dead Space

Space Station. It's a little more to differentiate it. What kind of eldritch waifus?

yeah sure. I just have to perfect the intro.
Gotta make sure you understand only you and her are friendly, but you certainly aren't alone.
it will be a lot less "comfy living with an eldrticth waifu", and more "try not to die while trying to get home"
>what waifus
whichever i find art for and like. alreayd have som concepts i like.
shame you said that i was comind up with a twist for the Earth one. but that can be amade another day

oh but there is one concept i have to scrap. a ressurecting waifu will be completely unfair on the space station.

>"try not to die while trying to get home"
Not the other user, but I was never all that into those "here's a scenario, try to survive" type of CYOAs.

But how is it fun when everything is perfect?

It doesn't have to be perfect, but I'd prefer if it everything wasn't horrible.

But it isn't horrible. You get a waifu and if you aren't too dumb you'll survive.

If survival (and hopefully eventual comfy) can be practically guaranteed, then it's fine, I think. The CYOAs I mentioned generally don't give you that, though.

Mildred and Grimsby is the only combination.

I might like it depending on how flavorful it is.

no. I i should just keep making "comfy" CYOAs without plot. thats what people want

Whatever bro. You talked to only one guy, so I tried to chime in with some support, but I'm not making it my mission to fix your mood now.

Marijuana fits my exact lifestyle. Cool.

>Appearance: Pic related, but with chocolate skin and slightly long(er) grey hair.
>Body: Human-sized, fit.
>Gender: Female.
>[10] Race: Fae.
Physical bonuses:
>[10] Grace 1.
Magic bonuses:
>[10] Magic affinity 1.
>[12] Sustenance 1.
>[14] Lifespan 2.
>[16] Tongues.
Miscellaneous bonuses:
>[22] Companions (2x 6pts).
>[24] Equipment 2.

Companions (x2):
>[0] Appearance, etc.: Similar to me.
>[0] Race: Elf.
Lifestyle bonuses:
>[2] Soldier.
>[2] Entertainer.
>[2] Knowledge: Societies/social and history/politics.
Physical bonuses:
>[2] Grace 1.
Magic bonuses:
>[6] Sustenance 1.
Miscellaneous bonuses:
>[6] Equipment 2.

>Setting: Fantasy space opera / The Multiverse.

>Don't do self-insert fantasy CYOA's before bed.
Speak for yourself, I always have a blast in my dreams.

In the last one I was a qt magical chocolate elf grill operator in an extra-dimensional guerrilla group invading Earth through eastern Europe; it's a shame my dreams are always so damn short.

Your problem is that you either care too much about other people's preferences, or too little about making the CYOA you want to make. You should make the CYOA because you want to see the end result.

As for why I desire comfy, probably because I'm a failure-averse (if a thing has bad consequences and I'm not reasonably confident that I can succeed, I probably won't do it) self-insertionist (I make my builds based on what I'd prefer to have happen to me).

That aside, unless you do go ahead and make the CYOA, we'll never know if there's something about it that makes it that much better than the other survial-scenario-types, leading me to actually make (and post) a build.

Also, you could make it so that you can either sit tight and wait for rescue for guaranteed survival (potential caveats being that it'd be boring, or you might not get that many chances of keeping you or your waifu properly cleaned or fed, or something else along those lines), or you could take any number of risks for some additional fun/reward.

I'm looking for cyoas with lore? What can /cyoag/ recommend me?

Marijuana definitely as far as waifus go. LSD has a potentially abusable power that can trump that though, infinite subjective time is basically immortality.

Anyone have a Worm CYOA?

Yes.

Worm 4 please.

Worms for ants.

Worm 4.02 coming right up.

Final page.

Battlemage? Pokemon Personified, Traveller, Conduit, those creepy ones I can't remember the name of..

That's it? A'ight I'll go check them out.

If you had to rate them which ones would be the best?

2nd-gen= 8 points
>Cannon (+2)
>Shardless (-2)
>Endbringers galore
>Here to fuck canon up (+1-+10, let's say +4)
>Super speed, shattered limiter (-4)
>Super Strength, shattered limiter (-4)
>Super durability, shattered limiter (-4)
>Everything else is pointless.

>not wanting a tremendous midday summer thunderstorm so you can cuddle people whenever thunder sounds
>not wanting a sunrise as the night's fog begins to lift
>not wanting a snowy, peaceful evening with a fire crackling in the hearth
>not wanting the clearest of night skies with zero light pollution so you can see the Milky Way in all its glory
>choosing something as plain as a thunderstorm at night

>tfw have written several pages of lore that will all go into this "cyoa" I'm working on

The best night skies are those rare times when snow covers the ground and the sky is clear, but it's still lightly snowing from very thin clouds high up, and there's either a bright full moon or no moon at all so you can see the stars.

>too little about making the CYOA you want to make.
but i dont make CYOAs I want to make. Ive forgotten what exactly it is i "like". I just make because its something to do. It's either make a cyoa or do nothing, and making a cyoa is at least constructive. At least someone can enjoy the product. so being told the concept is bad before i start, means there is no reason to make it

>being told the concept is bad before i start, means there is no reason to make it
1: Never said it was bad, just that it wasn't really my thing.
2: AFAIK, enough people enjoy them that I'm in the minority.

Kingdom Crusher?

Which one?

I want to be held down and raped by Steroids.

What's worm alt?

Same. I'm considering that I may have let things get seriously out of hand when minor backround factions have 200 word summaries.

She admitted that picture wasn't her.