twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

o

Obligatory Above your clearance joke

to answer your question, drunk

>Not posting to this thread is Treason
>Thread's security clearance is obviously blue

>Paranoia and how to play it best
By using a MAID rpg hack for it with Friend Computer as the master

Pointing out loopholes is treason. Treason is punishable by death.

Friend computer is a big old eye?

I always imagined it as a yellow smiley face.

I bet you're a filthy communist.

Do you think the 'paranoia game style', where the players and the GM are in encouraged to be as nasty and mean spirited to each other as possible, is still really in style any more now that today's games are focusing on treating everyone like special snowflakes?

That's exactly what a dirty mutant would say.

>the 'paranoia game style', where the players and the GM are in encouraged to be as nasty and mean spirited to each other as possible
that's not the Paranoia game style, it's just the idea that every player character has a secret which they can't risk any of the others finding out, that's all

Agreed, everybody has a secret and it's the same secret that everybody else has and they're trying to frame the others of the same "crimes" they themselves are doing.
That's why I'm enjoy the prospect of one day running Paranoia for my group that doesn't know anything about the setting. It'll make it more about paranoia, not letting others know your secret, because they don't actually know everybody else is also a mutant and a traitor.

Maybe not everybody should be a traitor in every game?

Whatever happened to that new edition that was Kickstarted or something? The one where communists were replaced with terrorists?

You can kind of do that in Paranoia XP. The Mutant Experience introduces not having a mutation at all, and nobody really cares if you're FCCCP.

Of course, you can just not give people SecSocs and mutations.

I'm curious about this too. I remember following the kickstarter, but haven't done so for a while now.

Checking the updates, apparently they just got the proofs of the KS box, because they tossed their old design in favour of a new one.

Although the PDFs might be already out.

Nice, I'll have to check it out.

Back to OP's question. What is a good size for running Paranoia? I'm planning 4 players, but is 6 too many?

>the players and the GM are in encouraged to be as nasty and mean spirited to each other as possible
That's not at all how Paranoia presents itself. You'd do well to investigate things for yourself and become educated about them rather than relying on Veeky Forums memes.

>>That's not how paranoia presents itself

Yes it fucking is. The GM is encouraged to screw players over whenever possible, I never give them equipment that works properly. The players almost always have conflicting goals with their secret societies and are encourage to spy on and turn on each other to get into the computer's good books.

>OP is not catch-22

It's like you don't even Friend Computer

But it/s not done in a mean-spirited way. If your broken equipment is just, "You try to shoot your gun and it jams, the mutant murders you, lol go fuck yourself," you're doing it wrong.

The point of the clones and secret agendas is so you can have treachery and witch-hunting taken to the ludicrous extreme, trying to satisfy the impossible demands of a self-contradicting totalitarian computer (or more accurately, pinning the blame of the inevitable failure on someone else) while also doing whatever it is you actually want to do.

The whole board is blue. If you're seeing the thread at all, you either already have blue clearance, or you're already violating your clearance.

What this Troubleshooter said.

I like doing that largely because knowing that you can trust some, but not all of your fellow players just makes the paranoia worse
Nah, you can probably manage it with six.

With friends. Strangers aren't very conductive to finding communist mutant traitors as their pasts aren't known and they're much more likely to freak out when you accuse them of being a mutant commie while completing their job as a blue-clearance troubleshooter

g

PDFs are already out to the backers IIRC.

kickstarter.com/projects/1990654819/paranoia-rpg

user-Y-mus-1, reporting for duty. At your service, FRIEND COMPUTER.

famous last words

it's already legacy. the next edition will have to replace comm... errr... terrorists with right-wing populist nazis.