Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Trips do as much damage even when gone edition
Mastadon is made, then raped in one day- new record everyone
You get warlord traits, you get warlord traits. Everyone gets warlord traits!

Old Thread >HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Do Horus and Perturabo need to remain stationary in order to use their bombardments?

No

Tactical support squad with meltaguns that are either going to infiltrate or scout in a rhino, or use Dynat's warlord trait to deep-strike.

Yay or nay ?

My next list is 6 cortus contemptors, 2 boxnoughts, 2 deredeos and a leviathan, with hq and troop tax. about 2500 points, and all the talons outflank with maru skara

Only if the enemy isn't using AC.
But you might be better off upping the points and using a shooty dread of your choice to add in survivability and aid in raw stats.

All footslogging?

Everything will be outflanking or staying still and shooting save the leviathan, and im hoping the enemy will be too busy with 8 dreadnoughts suddenly in their deployment zone to allocate much fire to it

I hope that works out for you user, I would love to see what happens when you try it.

Anyone got the Iron Hands prospero guide?

AC?

Aromatic Catamite.

>mfw I'm a Phoenix Lord now
So, what are you guys working on?
>Captcha asks for bread

What do you mean?

Reminder to set your trip filters and keep them updated.

>people are still posting my shitty uncropped screenshots

Damn, has a full scan still not come out yet?

been working on this siege breaker

He looks depressed.

Just upload and post the epub somewhere, I'm sure at least one user will know how to convert it to PDF.

>still moaning about epubs

Can that phobos pistol be even classed as a pistol? It looks like a carbine bolter. I could put that on some guardsmen and it's look just right. As a matter of fact, I might just do that.

Anyone got the Iron Warriors one?

Heresy is depressing, user.

Thanks good user.

Now that I think about it he is a DG so maybe that's his natural emotion? Well, Garo's not morbid 24/7 so I guess that can't be the case.

Just want to verify that siege breaker can't actually take any of the centurion weapons once you upgrade him and that's for show. Otherwise I need to up my reading comprehension.

Well what do you know, I do need to up my reading. Thanks for showing me the light, user.

Yes, please do this user. I'm sick of finding these things one at a time.

Castrmen Orth
Praetor, cataphractii, paragon etc, Head of The Gorgon

2xTactical Squad, extra CCW, rhino, dozer, melta

Gorgon Terminators, cyber familiar sarge, 8 men
2x10 man Veteran Tacticals, 2 Heavy Bolters, melta bombs

2x vindicator siege tank squadrons, 3 vindicators each

Mastodon, 4 HK missiles, Super-Heavy Command Tank

it's not meant to be particularly powerful, but as a concept for a list, is it sound? the idea is the rhinos+mastodon plow up the board and pressure objectives, and then vindicators plow in from the sides, and hopefully start taking many toys off the table. might it be better to take 3 vindi squadrons of 2, rather than 2 of 3?

> it's not meant to be particularly powerful
> 6 vindicators and a mastodon

user, I...

is that a particularly out of line list?
I'm not great at judging power levels for a reasonable list as most of the metas I've been a part of have been fairly competitive

The vindicators are brutal. The mastadon is pretty shit however.

Well, there's the meme of 30k players tending to prefer thematic games that give infantry a chance to shine (no matter how many AP3 large blasts FW decides to throw in).

Even that aside though, a lot of competitive lists would struggle against *6* vindicators, and it's quite frankly a boring match-up. Seeing 3/4 of your army disappear in a salvo of S10 shooting doesn't leave much room for strategy or dynamic story-telling.

Of course, if everyone else in your meta are WaAC cunts, there's not much else you can do unless *you* want to be on the receiving end of cheese lists.

>competetive meta
>for horus heresy
>the historical wargaming of the warhammer world

Are you retarded?

I gotcha, I see that being something unpleasant to play against now, I've heard tell of the ordo reductor lists and all the hitlery that goes along with it and figured it would be more prevalent than it might actually be, I'll try and cut it down to something more reasonable
I figured the general attitude would be similar, considering the people around here play historicals like bolt action and FoW competitively

Oh people can get competative with HH alright. Even during a bloody 30k campaign. Specially asian guys seem to be incapable of not min-maxing every armylist to the mission and match-up.

Where does it say you can't give him centurion equipment, or is this a Facebook I missed

One would think that certain Consul upgrades being disallowed to take certain upgrades is enough of a hint that Centurions may still take any and all upgrades allowed when being upgraded to a Consul.

The newest Red Book shows no restrictions on Siege Breaker equipment.

Yeah I was about to say

I hate literally everything about the Emperor's Children

I hate their theme, I hate their color scheme, I hate their primarch, I hate their god, I hate their named characters, I hate their gimmick, I hate their tabletop stats, I hate their lore, I hate fabius bile and most importantly I hate EC players

do you have any legion you absolutely hate from the bottom up, hhg?

Not really. I like them all, but my least favorite are the EC.

W O R D . B E A R E R S
They believe their own lies.
And TS too, never willing to concede they did fuck up.

ts literally did nothing wrong

user, explain why you hate all of those things. Because you're either pic related or an incredibly vocal Iron Hand who heard one too many Ferrus head jokes. As for me I really don't like Word Bearers. Might be Eberus's fault, Lorgar's fault, or because World Bearers or Word Bearers remain cooler names.
Brother?!
Don't you start that.

>Mfw witches

Lists with a lot of one type of unit tend to win big or lose big. Neither is all that interesting for your opponent.

You need to have something strong enought to take out a flare-shielded Spartan. 2-3 pie plates are fair as well. That might mean taking half of your Vindicators with laser destroyers, or trading some for a flyer.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. Al, I found this just for you.

May anyone give a link about battle for Calth? I meen boxed game scans

Their colout scheme is glorious and Slaanesh can be cool as fuck if done well.

Caligula and declining rome were slaaneshi as fuck for example.

>W O R D . B E A R E R S
>They believe their own lies.
They were actually right...

My least favorite legion is the Dark Angels. They're yet another legion in black (all three on the loyalist side), their use of silver/gray as a secondary color is dull, their specialty is simply to run different types of monolists, and some of them went bad because they were left alone on a planet with nothing to do. I just don't see the attraction. White Scars do Ravenwing with more character, Iron Hands do Ironwing with more character... bleh.

Cry more

raven guard best loyalists

corvus corax best primarch

alpha legion a shit

I hate iron warriors

>Here's my fluffy army :^)
>3 basilisks
>6 quad mortars
>10 havocs
>5 Tyrants

Artillery gunlines are not fun to fight

>Bought a Mastodon
>Used it once
>Realized its complete shit

Ever have severe buyers remorse?

Yeah. I bought the Imperial Guard SC! kit rather than the Skitarii one.

At least I learned how to paint.

Aww thanks
>My least favorite legion is the Dark Angels.
Their thing is they don't yet have a built character. They're trying to push them out as knights (EC), as Monster Hunters, as The First (AL), as the legion of old, as the wielders of deadly weaponry (DG), as bikers (WS), as tank warfare (IH), etc....
But can you berate a legion that has yet not a book about their lack of character? It's a bit unfair to expect something from them at this point. Especially because their terminator assault (SoH, Fists, DG) and destroyer (IW, DG) aspects are yet to be implemented on the Deathwing and Dreadwing rows, and we don't even know yet what the Firewing is (BA?).

>they were actually right
I'm not quite moved with the truths of Daemonic rape, you know. Not even chaos likes the WB, but it's folly to assume they care about anything other than themselves to begin with.

III trips, that's a very nice looking Skrillex

That list is begging for a teleport assault + Aerial support. Focused lists are the ones you can hard counter...but only if you know them beforehand, that is.
Artillery & Flare shields were a mistake

I kanda feel a lot of the "grim" "stoic" legions feel the same. Iron Hands, Iron Warriors, Death Guard, Imperial fists seem so similar to me and I also dislike how there are so many chapters that have 'makes their own shit' as their thing

missed the point i know but whatever

I'm with you there, and I like the iron warrior. I just don't especially want to play them in 30k, I'd much rather play IW in an epic-scale game where you can really do an artillery-heavy army justice. Hoping FW one day branch out from adeptus titanicus into epic-scale heresy battles.

Shouldn't we have migrated to instead of to here? Imperium and Mechanicum must merge.

That's why I play IW as the breaching force. Heavy armor, heavy guns, tough counter CC squads, all moving towards the enemy while firing.

So what're your choices for a command squad for a regular Archmagos? Since you can get them to do nearly anything, I either put him with a Graviton Imploder with some Destructors, or keep him "weaponless" (he still has the machinator array) with some enginseers at lower point levels to fix the artillery.
Scoria I outflank with Vorax, since that works very well at suddenly changing your opponent's priorities ;).

What's wrong with the Mastodon? Too slow?

No flare shield makes it exceedingly easy to kill with its points equivalent worth of units

too many points, weapons not effective enough and not really hardy enough when compared to the equivalent of 2 flare shield spartans

The Void Shields don't help?

only av12 which makes them basically nothing against the general weapons that someones gonna throw against a super heavy

I'm slightly dubious about the flare shield thing for the mastodon. Given how long the model is it doesn't seem that hard to get shots into its sides arcs, especially as it'll be driving up the table.

Autek Mors are basically gebe enhanced mass-reeing cogboys.

Don't tell me thats not cool, also best tanks.

Glaives and grav n volkite n shit.

Well he can pick one of three battle roles: Melee, Ranged or Support.

Example an Archmagos Archimandrite with a Djinn Skein supports your army by simply existing (+1 to reserves, vehicles with IWND, ranged cognis signum) without taking Warlord Traits into account, so you could place him with something that needs repair. Enginseers and Reductors are support units too, their respective Techpriests fit their themes well enough.

Melee is a bit more complicated because he can either footslog alongside Scyllax (I don't think you can be locked in melee with friendly units) or jet around Thallax (a bit of a waste IMO). Sadly he can't really hang around Ursarax without some compromises, as the Magos can at best be a Jetpack unit while Ursarax are Jump units. Lachrymallus are also good in melee due to their FnP5 (so are Archmagos Dominus, which also have Patric Cybernetica and Divine Cybermancy for real MC hammer combat). Reductor magi are also fucking tough and pack a real punch, but will footslog forever and the Mechanicum lacks any Assault transports. Sad.

As for Ranged, the only real choices are Ordinators and Myrmidaxi tagging along any kind of Myrmidon unit.

Yup, this is me, sperging about and still not answering your question. Srry.

Also, Thallax are multipurpose units. Sure the Mechanicum codex is littered with units that do what Thallax do but better, but that doesn't mean Thallax are bad per se. ANd Reductor armies MUST take at least six Thallax, so better get some uses for them.
They say Destructor Meltabomb Thallax fulfill a good job as Tank Hunting units. They can close in quick enough and survive doing so, and Jump Shoot Jump

i feel like the melta array should be armourbane, or 24" range
maybe give it the 5+ invuln other super-heavies get for being hardcore

Just way too expensive for a moving tunnel. It's reason for existing isn't playable/present in the game. There is no need for a breaching tunnel of fun. It's weapons are mediocre. It's just bad.

It needs a major points cut, several hundred points worth. Its just a big land raider. If it were 500 points and I would consider it acceptable. Not great, but acceptable.

That's essentially how I treat them, except I have an obsession over support HQ units, so when I'm not playing with Scoria, I tend to go Reductor and run 1 Magos Reductor, 1 Ordinator and 1 Archmagos Archimadrite, drop 1 reductor-buffed barrage then shell the hell out of him with armourbane Conv Beams and such while hiding behind my Walkers in Ruin, IWND Triaros and Vindicators.

Seeing the IH player realise that Ferrus is overrrated is always fun.

That's because during the early to mid war of unification, they were the only legion and so had to be able to do everything the best. That focus on multiple, specialized tactics remained even as primarchs were found during the Great Crusade and other legions became more well known for a particular strategy. The knight elements are pretty strongly a Caliban addition to the legion.

I'm sure we'll get stronger historical context for their organization in book 8.

Vehicles specifically designed to do that can (sicaran venator) but not medusae and other easily spammable S10 AP2 templates

>given how long the model is

Since you measure arcs from the front corners the amount of distance required to get into its side arcs from the front arc is the same as if the Mastodon was only 3 inches long.

In fact it's width makes its front arc really big.

Never tried using Meltabombs, so used to avoiding CC like the plague when running 40k Admech that it never occured to me.

I should really try that, it seems more effective than my Destructor+MM/Photon Thruster loadouts.

>They were actually right...
>Implying WE AREN'T THE GODS OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER!
>Implying WE AREN'T IT'S SOLDIERS, THE LEGIONS OF LIGHT!
>Implying WE AREN'T THE CENTRE, THE DEATH OF THE S(U/O)N!
FIRE AND FLAME
>Implying WE AREN'T ONE!
>mFfw

>iktf

Is the sicaran still worth taking after the nerf? 205 for the base vehicle + lascannons is pretty brutal

alfabusa canon is great but not canon

>maybe give it the 5+ invuln other super-heavies get for being hardcore
That's a damn good idea. In fact doesn't the Caestus gets a frontal invuln due to the fact it's a thing that rams starships?
Also, how does one use a Caestus?
Sounds like you could use Decima, who is a Magos Reductor available to regular Taghmata. I wish his Invictus profile gave him Archmagos stats, let alone Reductor stats. 2D6 Haywire Sunder Relentless shots? Yes please.
Put him in a 5 Gravidon Secutor squad inside a deepstriking Arvus equal to about 13 Hull Points removed, and the squad can't be intercepted because they're 2W T5 3+/5++ models inside a Hovering flyer at Ld10 Stubborn. That's a dead Mastodon in a single shooting phase. We Tau now :^)
Only 0831u471 more months to go :^/

I'm not saying it's canon.
But that theme definitely fits the great crusade.

I have no care whatsoever for NL and Batman. I don't see their point being terrorist marines.

space wolves
they're all a bunch of self righteous pricks

How to use a Caestus Assault Ram (CAR):

1.Get 10 of the bulkiest dudes you can find.
2. Enter via Deep Strike and blow shit up with your magna melta and/or ram somethingl
3.Disgorge said burly dudes and molest your enemies backline.

4.Repeat if necessary and/or possible.

you fill your caestus with a nasty CC unit, fly it on the board and ram another flyer out of the skies, extra points if you combine that with castrmen orth for ap1 rams, then the next turn, disgorge your CC bros and vaporize a tank/most of an enemy unit with your magna melta and havoc launchers while your CC unit tears something to pieces

>Disgorge mind.

They used to be punisher marines, seeking out the evil and the degenerate and subjecting them to the kindness of chainblades and automatic fire. They were the Emperor's Vengeance, and "The Eight" was a byword not for retribution, but for punishment. Until Nostromo, that is.

You cannot ram if you deepstrike, and I think you cannot disembark if you ram something. That's why I was asking. Surprise melta sound great, though.
So, patience it is, huh. Can you ram other flyers? I thought it was ground targets only.

Caestii should be able to ram and disembark.

i dont think theres any restriction on ramming flyers, but i need to have a look

>>not running 9 ferrox thallax with Heavy chainblades, deep striking into cover (Muh reductor) or right next to cover and givin' them the lightning and then threatening other vehicles with 9*4 S7 ap5 rending melee attacks.

I'm not saying you can't. In fact I'm the one who did the maths for Ferrox in the wiki, but meltabombs are simply better against buildings and vehicles. It's a fact.

Angry-Borgs do sound like a lot of fun though.

They'd mulch wnything with a 5+.

Prime gew or tyranid/ork removers.

I guess that's slightly better, but still

well around here we play with the one grenade FAQ thing, and I find that mass of worse attacks generally have a lower chance of failing. the mass of attacks also scares smaller astartes units from getting too close. since thallaxi's shooting isn't the best and they are relentless I see them as literal shocktroopers.

That frankly sounds awesome and badass, but is also WAY overkill against nearly anything I would be facing. ATM I have 3 gravidons and my Archmagos Reductor with a GI in a Triaros, and they've killed 2 Cataphractii and Girlyman with a lucky roll.

If I wind up playing Apoc anytime and a Mastodon actually appears, I'm doing that.

What I really need, however, is a way to kill bloody Mortarion. Grav doesnt work, Scoria doesnt work after a 20 min argument that had about 14 people eventually resolve it by ballot, and my robots get chewed up by the bastard as he teleports around my tarpits.

why does grav not work? wounds on his 2+ doesnt it?