mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf
>Seedware: Another Yearblog
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36317552/Seedware Blog.pdf

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9MdlyM7w8PM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So, assuming the habitat allows for Earth-like conditions, what does your average person wear as clothing in EP? Is it the usual sci-fi fashion disaster or is there clothing we'd recognize from today?

Looking at the art in the books, most everyone seems to favour these space future body condoms or gravity-defying dresses (which might not be a problem depending on your hab). Though at least on Mars I'd like to picture people wearing "normal" stuff due to poverty and not facing decompression every moment in their life.

What's the source? None of the searches give me anything.

>the helmet is full of water
>there's not even a breathing tube
Gets me every time.

Man I wish we had more original Eclipse Phase art like this

Sylph

Mars Daybreak, some anime about Mars being a water world filled with submarines...and apparently, drowning dolphins in mecha suits.

Yeah, not many drawfriends around that actually know about EP. There are like five or maybe six people I could find that have drawn EP things outside of official art, none of them on a regular basis. Guess Eclipse Phase is too niche for a big fanbase?

Depends where you are.

Morningstar are probably generic scifi humanity with silly robes and shit that looked futuristic in the 70s.

PCdrones will wear tacky corporate brands and boring uniforms.

LLA probably has little to no civilian clothes, or something like gritty cyberpunk shit.

Glitterati will wear Lady GaGa "fashion" garbage.

Extropians probably wear the most sensible and respectable clothes. I imagine there's chic form/function blends that make it seem like everyone is a badass.

Jovians can't afford clothes.

Anarchists are probably very similar to the LLA, but with more Che shirts.

Brinkers wear mad scientist labcoats, t-shirts with their AGI/Muse 2D waifu digitally printed on, and/or MAGA hats.

Titanians probably wear slick, military-influenced uniforms. 2nd best dressed.

Ultimates wear kimonos and trenchcoats.

So many wrong.

Morningstar are more neo-renaissance and artistry to clothing.

PC likely have future iterations of modern clothing, corporate brands and business attire.

LLA has blends of serious ethnic styles, as it's really the only place where those cultural groups still exist. Lunar design houses likely draw much from ethnic styles.

Glitterati wear the edge of fashion styles. GaGa is a good example. Future Haute Couture is a better one.

Extropians wear pirate designs of hot trends, and are constantly changing as competition shifts so quickly.

Jovians are the most utilitarian.

Anarchists are more spacer jumpsuits mixed with the classic cyberpunk look.

Brinkers tend to be likely more functional and heavily dependent on the kind of place it is, from weird togas to only wearing AR outifts and basically being naked.

Titanians you're close. Slick and smart mostly, military influenced uniforms.

Ultimates you're on the money with, but i'd also include body suits.

You forgot Scum which are likely all space rave outfits.

>Browning M2
>It's very clearly a DShK
holy shit what a fucking faggot

>Implying Russians even make guns that big

weak bait

>having glasses purely for novelty reasons
>not being completely utilitarian

LUDDITE GET OUT

Stop forcing this shit.

Post the passages from the books. You've implicitly claimed all you posted is canon: post the parts from the books that prove your claims.

>So many wrong.

>you're close.

>you're on the money with

Stop pushing your headcanon as fact.

Now now, don't bully the good doctor. He just wants to reassure his patients that they are in fact dealing with a civilized sort of ape. It's the little detail that's supposed to assure them he would never just grab and fling them across half the habitat...

>LLA probably has little to no civilian clothes, or something like gritty cyberpunk shit.
LLA is the fucking fashion capital of the system.

Superoxygenated liquid, duh.

youtube.com/watch?v=9MdlyM7w8PM

If he didn't have glasses, how would you know that he's smart?

Also could be Specs.

why would you use specs if you aren't a dity luddite jovian who deserves nothing but a slow and agonizing death for your antitranshumanism statist nonanrchististc noncommunual luddite ways

>
Extropians probably wear the most sensible and respectable clothes. I imagine there's chic form/function blends that make it seem like everyone is a badass.

golly gee billy I wonder who your favourite faction is

Because you can isolate wavelengths with them. Can't do that with enhanced vision.

Also you can probably buy specs out of a vending machine in like 5 minutes as opposed to waiting around a couple hours and paying service charges to get Enhanced Vision installed. And is that implant covered by your insurance? How's your rental agreement looking?

I don't have rental bodies because i'm not a statist capitalist luddite pig, I own the means of production as a worker in the perfect anarchist utopia i live in you luddite fucks, get with the times and either adapt or die

Oh, so you don't have Specs OR Enhanced Vision because the queue for both fabbers and healing vats is slam full of more important people with more important implants and gear - and your rep isn't great because you're a tryhard.

>Weak bait

Snap

You just need a sense filter for that though.

That doubles your cost though. [Low][Low] instead of just [Low]. It's also a Cyberware addition, which IIRC is even longer time in the vat.

>Post the passages from the books.

There are no passages about fashion except small details on Lunar and Mars design houses which don't go into incredible specifics except how Lunar design houses tend to design better for lower g environments.

You can infer from what details you know about each society what fashion trends would exist, and where they come from.

Please keep sucking that canon boner like a good little bitch though.

>Ultimates wear kimonos and trenchcoats.

They wear togas you dip.

Armored chameleon togas with reactive coating? Or was it saris with thermo-optical camo?

>tfw you steal the birth body of a female Jovian soldier, sleeve her into an emaciated orangutan body, and repeatedly rape her before handing her ego over to Nine Lives in exchange for sweet new blueprints

Just another day in the life of the Jovian Anarchist Cells

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to steal her body and then just record XP of it having a lot of premarital sex. A threesome, with one other woman and the guy wearing a condom.

Why not both?

>Please keep sucking that canon boner like a good little bitch though.

>Pushing headcanon as fact and then getting mad when people call you out for that.

^

Need 2 players for a game running tomorrow at 7 EST. The premise is that you're all going to be hanging around Extropia as a sort of freelance clique, bit of a noir feel to the whole thing, but with a great deal of freedom for players. Reply to this post and I'll drop you a Discord invite.

If you changed "so many wrong." to "I think that:" you wouldn't be such a faggot.

this

You guys are boring. I'm going to play GURPS Uplift

Will you fuck an underfed orangutan there?

Orangutans aren't uplifted int that setting

Let me guess, they have dumb picks, like cats and dogs?

Chimpanzees and dolphins mostly. Dogs are in the works, but orangutan uplift has been held back by near-extinction and galactic politics.

Bonobos? Gorillas? Elephants?

Fucking dogs, though? There's a dozen better non-ape candidates.

Dogs are really easy to work with thanks to millennia of coevolution. Gorillas and elephants are also in progress. The setting was written before bonobos became well known.

We bred out the smart traits when we domesticated them, though. Through breeding for friendliness, we thoroughly neotenized them. They act like puppies because the dog brain is that of a wolf puppy. They are most definitely not fit for uplifting.

>All dogs are toy breeds
>What's a border collie?

No. You don't fucking get it. Even a border collie is neotenized.

So are humans. Neoteny aids learning.

So would that make a wolf more suitable for uplifting, or are the capacities of canids to limited to reasonably make that leap?

If anything you'll probably want to start with a dog and introduce specific sequences from wolves as needed.

Actually I hate those Randroid fucks, but I get the impression they are the most fashionable bunch.

If it wasn't obvious enough, I identify most strongly with the Brinker crowd.

>because the queue for both fabbers and healing vats is slam full of more important people with more important implants and gear - and your rep isn't great because you're a tryhard.

Public fabbers are a convenience, most everyone in an anarchist hab has their own private fabber in residence. The fabbers themselves are quite simple devices, the scarce part of the equation is blueprints, not access or materials.

>want to get access to fabbers, healing vats
>put my name down for use of fabbers, healing vats
>have to wait two weeks

>want to get access to fabbers, healing vats
>visit Fab(YOU)lous store
>we can see you right away
>costs two weeks of wages

See
Fabbers are not rare in anarchist space. They're ubiquitous.

There is also the problem of energy and heat balance.

Fabber produces waste heat much faster than conventional craft methods. So you need to somehow dump it into space through radiation fast enoguh to keep up with all the fabbers in the habitat. Which also means you need to dump waste heat from all the fusion reactors that support energy needs of these fabbers.

If there is no limitations on fabber time your hab probably looks like flower with enormous radiator petals.

Energy isn't a serious problem, it's more abundant even than feedstock.

Your point about heat is just not supported by the setting. Whatever mechanism you're applying to the process of nanofabrication is not the mechanism used in setting.

I don't apply any mechanisms. They are completely irrelevant here. No matter how you create your items you will have some waste heat. Unless you want to throw physics out the window completely. The problem with nanofabs and heat is that they cram all the energy required to create some item from say a day into an hour or a couple of minutes even. So the heat that would have 24 hours to radiate now needs to be removed in this new much smaller time. Which means getting much bigger radiators.

That's not how assembly works. Conventional construction creates (still quite minimal and insignificant) heat because it involves an enormous amount of inefficient movement and activity. Nanofabrication near-instantly assembles things at the particulate level. This will again create a completely insubstantial amount of heat, as the work done to assemble the object is far less than the work needed to construct it, and its construction puts off a really miniscule amount to begin with.

Not to mention the fact that any waste heat actually produced in the process is probably used as electricicty, possibly to supplement the fabber's own energy needs.

So a work to overcome molecular forces that normally need blast furnace or its analogue to do is less than just cutting a piece of metal? You have some funny notions of less work.

You have a truly warped idea about nanofabrication if you think it's less efficient than conventional methods of construction.

I just don't assume that physics go on a vacation during it.

Your nanbots got 2 molecules/atoms of steel to connect? They'll need to expend enough energy to do so. Same goes for every material.

What is the source of that?

Waste heat is called that for a reason. It is wasted energy, which is impossible to avoid.

Still they are right in the fact that it could be more efficient than a forge, and require less energy. It would still be more complex than just forging the thing, but the flexibility a nano fabricator would offer will outweight the disadvantages when compared to a factory in certain situations.

Oh I agree that it is more effective. You can apply energy directly to molecules/atoms instead of heating the whole volume containing them. Problem is the best materials still need a lot of energy to create due to their structure. It's the whole reason you want to use them in the first place - their molecules need a lot of energy to connect/break.

And fabber tries to contain all this to a smallish area and somehow not melt in the process. So radiators it is.

Some Adam Warren comic, possibly Dirty Pair.

The other problem is that nanofabrication is sensitive to thermal noise and in most cases needs active cooling for any kind of accuracy. One watt in the fabricator becomes five in the refrigerator.

This reduces the temperature at which the heat is radiated, increasing the necessary size of your radiators. This is offset a bit by having less total heat to reject, but unless you're dealing with extremely high temperature heat sources this probably isn't worth it.

That's only the case in the most sensitive applications where occasional lattice dislocation can cause problems. For your major use cases that's not going to be a big deal.

You mean like in most EP tech that runs on super thin margins of error to get to its effectiveness? For AK-47 it probably won't be any problem. For some super-duper rifle with insane RoF it will be a difference between normal operation and cracked barrel in the first combat.

Wait are we talking about atomic dislocation or machining tolerance? Because there's no thermal noise issue I'm aware of with the latter?

Hmm where will this issue crop up?

Superconductors?
EP computers that are included in many weapons?
Magnetic containment systems for fusion reactors and antimatter?
Something else?

As I understand the bigger the allowed deviations the more "waste" there will be in any system and the more robust it must be made to counteract possible problems.

Superstrong carbon nanoshit is a great example of a case where it certainly might matter (if it's being used for tensile strength well above that of normal materials, for instance).

It may also be important for especially tiny computing elements and for very fancy sensor systems.

I don't know enough about superconductors to answer that one.

Also, high performance lasing media are often quite sensitive to imperfections. I'll probably think of some more things.

>I don't know enough about superconductors to answer that one
No one knows enough about EP superconductors.

I think it's really difficult to apply any kind of hard SF sensibility to Eclipse Phase. It's not just a handful of technologies that are extrapolated optimistically, it's everything.

I appreciate it for what it is, but it's essentially space opera, and trying to figure out why things work the way they do is about as useful as trying to figure out why the deflector dish on the Enterprise can stop a supernova or send the crew back in time.

Waste heat does not work that way.

Theoretical nanofab designs today need to deal with cooling issues. It's not a deal breaker, but a lot of larger or faster designs have an icewater slurry flowing through them. Some of that is just because you need to keep them very cold to work best though.

A decent proxy for the energy use of nanofabrication is to just use the energy needed to melt or decompose the mass of the material being made. As such making metal or pure diamond things can be pretty energy intensive. It's not worse than standard manufacturing, those are just inherently high-energy processes.

Anything nanotech related. Hives, computers, superconductors (possibly), self repair systems. Most things in the end have really low margins.

>Some of that is just because you need to keep them very cold to work best though
The optimal temperature will be highly dependent on the exact molecular structures involved.