Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Join /pfg/'s main ERP game, Rise of the Jade Regent, an epic sexventure across two continents! We've got lusty kitsune, wolfgirls, and catboys galore! app.roll20.net/join/1770733/2aujeQ
Who's your favorite applicant so far, apart from yourself?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
pastebin.com/95rXxMmC
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Lissala
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop calling it an erp game it's fucking not

A Reminder that Rise of the Jade Regent needs Extra GMs to handle the extra applicants!

Please be an Awesome person and volunteer to run a parallel universe game!

>Forgot the malefex playtest
Come on, OP.

docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

It's just an occasionally lewd game, not full on ERP.

How does /pfg/ like their cats?

> No malefex link in the OP

You said our love was special.

Gorgeous and male.

So, I’ve been thinking of a way to incorporate the Demonic Corruption into my current campaign.

In a few levels, my players will be exploring an ancient temple. They should be around level 6 or 7 at this point. I plan on having them come across a haunted fount filled with unholy water. When they get within 30 feet of it, they’ll have to make both a Will and Fortitude save. Failing the Will save will cause their characters to be overcome with a desire to drink from the fount. Resisting the temptation will leave them Sickened if they’re in range of the haunt. Failing the Fort save (made harder by resolving the Will save first) will affect them with the spell Feast of Ashes, except it will cause them to be thirsty and dehydrated rather than hungry and starving.

Drinking the unholy water from the fount will “cure” either of the affects, but also end up afflicting them with the Demonic Corruption, via the Useful Corruption rule variant, with a twist.

>Despite it being a useful corruption, they players are forced to take Abyssal Deformity as their first Manifestation
>Upon taking Abyssal Deformity, the player must make a d% roll. They then determine how their character mutates using the Tiefling Alternate Physical Features table.
>Gaining more Manifestations requires drinking unholy water from the fount again in addition to normal level requirements

The only two things I’m not sure about are, first, what the DCs for the haunt should be. I’m thinking 15 for both. Secondly, I also want drinking the unholy water to be dangerous. Like, it causes several d6 in lethal damage or substantial constitution damage. Just enough to make them think twice about taking another dose of the stuff. I’d really appreciate the feedback.

>I'm fucking alive. As promised, the malefex playtest is back, with some new content: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
>
>Changes include:
>
>> Accuracy added to the Wrack ability
>> New Banes and Geas
>> The new Rustpicker archetype
>> New feat (Sucker Jinx)
>> Bookmarks
>> Rogue, Slayer, and Vigilante talents
>
>You can expect some edits to the class's fluff up front Soon(tm), as well as at least one more Bane and possibly more of the capstone curses, in addition to FCBs just as soon as I decide it's better to write them as opposed to, say, curling up in a corner to cry.
>
>Thank you for your patience! I eagerly anticipate your feedback.

come on op
you had one job

Sorry, OP was a faggot as usual.

A fair choice.

Out of interest, are you the GM of the main game?

So OP is trying to get PFG banned using smut requests? Because ERP was banned for that.

Just saying.

>Rise of the Jade Regent
A what now?

no, i am not, I'm Oni-Spawn Punch priest. The GM of the game said a few threads back he would like it if a few people volunteered because he couldn't run 8 sessions in a week.

Non-smut thread

First chapter or so of Rise of the runelords that then transitions to Jade Regent.

Is a Gestalt game that has generous character creation rules and allows lewd content. But not Full on ERP like OP is suggesting.

>But not Full on ERP like OP is suggesting.

Then why is 60% of the talk of characters all about tits, dicks, fetishes, and banging each other?

You realise now you're just gonna get us banned for spamming.

Running king maker for my friends, figured I'd step up and try gming for them with an adventure path.

I allowed POW and 3rd party if they run it by me first, I trust them but figure should see what their going for so i can temper the experience that way.

Anything I should know about the adventure path? Anything I should be watchful for?

Because this is /pfg/ and we're all degenerate scum who need to be gunned down.

Once again seeking feedback for homebrew ooze-kin race.

pastebin.com/95rXxMmC

It's meant to be an 'Ooze-kin' race much like tieflings are demon-kin, or aasimar are celestial-kin, or plane-touched (sylphs/ifrit/oreads/undines etc), feedback is much appreciated. Not 100% done. They're meant to be accessible as either a one-off from a backfired spell or as a full-fledged race. Limited compression was meant to be treated as a movement type (and escape artist isn't super powerful so meh).

The soft idea for society is living in secret communities typically only (easily) accessible through their limited compression abilities but still close to other societies (in some cases it may be cleaned up sewers underneath a human city, or small underdark-esque cities places). Sorcery and Psionics aren't uncommon to them, they are distrustful of arcane casters, divine casting is less common (as they don't have their own god), they tend to not like heavy armor and how it restricts their ability to bail.

Willing to take some potential suggestions on optional alternate racial traits or racial feats.

Would you play a Jel? Do you think they're interesting?

Skinned, roasted, and seasoned nicely.

>But not Full on ERP like OP is suggesting.

Could've fucking fooled me with the god damn WEEKS of this stupid shit every single fucking thread. Fuck.

Not if OP doesn't get us banned for ERP first.

>Running king maker for my friends, figured I'd step up and try gming for them with an adventure path.
>kingmaker
Uuuuh....
Yeah.
About that.
Kingmaker has a tendency of breaking down and scattering the players in ashes across the sea.
Unless you're like, a career GM with six years of weekly experience or something, then you might succeed in holding it together.

Check Rise of the Rune Lords or Shattered Star or something instead

I feel like you don't know what erp is

Please enlighten me as to what ERP is then, because clearly I'm somehow wrong and none of these characters are actually "lewd" in any way. Go on.

Yeah, people are faggots in general, but the game just allows lewd stuff. Any and all actual sex and shit would be contained to private messages and after the game.

Sprinkle in some innuendo in the base game and you're done.

If the group in question. wants something a bit more involved, then they have to all agree to it before the game starts.

Erp is actually role-playing sex, which is clearly not going on in these threads, let alone any role-playing

If people spamming shit about how thicc their character is, how they fuck a new man each week, how much dick they can sandwich between their breasts, using enlarge person to turn people into living onaholes, spanking themselves with tentacles, etc isn't fucking ERP set up, please enlighten me.

We've been playing together for a some odd 3 years or so, ran through rise as a player with a new gm, little bastard turned out to be a major cunt but we finished the adventure regardless.

made me hate giants with a passion.

I figured I'd see it through abit, if it doesn't work out just slink off back to my player position forever more.

If yea mean it's a bastard to get though, I think I can tone it down abit if needed. not going into this totally unblooded.

So this is how /pfg/ dies.
ERPfighting.

I have been reexamining my Unchained Fighter.

I have come to a realization I do not offer many new things.

The main "new" feature of the class is the Advanced Equipment Training. Which provides out of combat utility for the class. I believe this is an overall good thing and good for the Unchained class.

Now, besides that, I have merely made AWT and AAT more defined (defense goes into AAT, offense into AWT), made a bunch of new ones, and made it so you get them IN ADDITION to the normal.

Now in order to differentiate the Unchained Fighter more than the fighter I have thought of doing the following:
>remove Bravery, make it into a Advanced Armor Training
>replace it with "Military Training"
>Military Training will have a number of chosen "lesser" bonuses, basically not on the same level as a Rage Power, but fiddly things (on the same level as a trait)
>Some ideas are the following:
>Shamelessly stealing giving Exotic Weapon Proficiency in the weapons of a particular fighter weapon group
>Make two skills into Fighter Class Skills (synergies with the Versatile Training AET)
>Small gold advance (scales badly by level)
>A "contact" (is specified between three types of contacts)

Please shit all over my idea or give other ideas for "military trainings".

Another idea is a military training that gives a single trait, so it is literally equivalent to a trait.

My character isn't remotely sexual in nature. I just want to play in any game honestly and I'm really bad about sifting through games on roll20.

>Which provides out of combat utility for the class.

DepressedHomebrewer is actually learning about what martials actually need!

Something PoW never learned...

Hey /pfg/, how would you reduce initiators' fightiness and make them better out of combat?

How good an idea would it be to make Charisma great again by giving it new traits and feats to steal tons of skills from Intelligence and Wisdom?

>made me hate giants with a passion.

Tell me about the big guys. Why do you care who they are?

>stop throwing so many d6's around
>kill Skill to X maneuvers
>up skill points and give them more skills
Because that's the only way your going to give a martial out of combat utility while still maintaining.

desu, a lot of the "out of combat utility problem" stems from the fact there is
>too much magic
>too magic that pretty much removes any incentive to not do it magically
>trying to give martials so much out of combat utility usually end sup forcing them to become something their not or introducing weird meta narrative mechanics like the vigilante.

Why not make more and more meta narrative mechanics like the vigilante?

I dislike them, and again. You're turning classes into things they aren't.

Tell me about Lissala

>kill Skill to X maneuvers

There is literally nothing wrong with these. You're just overreacting to Zenith Strikes, aren't you?

Or where I can read about it.
Fucking mobile.
And fucking new ads.
Runs like shit now.

There is literally everything wrong with these.

It's really, really trivial to turn these into a free "JUST FUCKING NOPE" card with no chance of failure.

So, OP's choice of picture makes me curious; since there's an actual "Lamia" PC race for Pathfinder (the "Lamia Commoner" from Kobold Quarterly #23), has anyone actually run a campaign where lamias were an actual PC race and species?

If yes, how did you do it?

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Lissala

Why does she carve the runes?

Lotta loyalty for a hired runelord!

Baneposting has gone further beyond anything I could ever fathom.

Sthein from Bloodforge! They're naga grapplers with +2 Str/+2 Dex/-2 Con. Or maybe naga archers?

>>too magic that pretty much removes any incentive to not do it magically
So I personally think a lot of this is a problem with both how people run the system as much as with the system itself.

Any high magic setting should have a reasonable expectation of the implications of magic, and reactions there of. Basically what I am saying is if all skills are invalidated by magic then either he is using a ton of magic, or the setting is in no way robust for the amount of magic thrown around.

This is however not true for stuff like long distance travel, which is invalidated by teleport.

But for stuff like detect thoughts, scry, etc. It's easy to see scry sensors and easy to defend agains them. Passing the save for detect thoughts lets everyone know what's going on. Also stuff like detect thoughts, or worse, mind control, should be as illegal as stuff like necromancy (in any reasonable good or neutral country).

Mind control is also really easy to detect, the perception DC low enough your local priest will see through it easily (or for sure with a 2 minute examination taking 20 on his perception check).

>Passing the save for detect thoughts lets everyone know what's going on.

No it doesn't.

>the perception DC

Sense Motive, not Perception.

I personally have a problem with Skill to Save maneuvers, and their balance when compared to the defensive abilities of other classes. Generally initiators have absolute fantastic defense, better than anyone else, with only passing investment. For someone like a Warder this defense is thrown through the roof.

While in my opinion this is fine the issue is when you bring them in with characters with poor defensive suites (like a Magus).

However I should not get into this argument.

>Who's your favorite applicant so far, apart from yourself?

I really like the bookish Kaijitsu sister, because she seems like a cute mousy girl with plenty of character development potential!

All you have to do is throw them against LOTS of save or dies in one turn.

Or lots of enemies with ranged full attacks.

>Sense Motive, not Perception.
You are correct there.

>No it doesn't.
Yes you do.
>PRPG page 216-217 wrote:
>Succeeding on a Saving Throw: A creature that successfully saves against a spell that has no obvious physical effects feels a hostile force or a tingle, but cannot deduce the exact nature of the attack. Likewise, if a creature’s saving throw succeeds against a targeted spell, you sense that the spell has failed. You do not sense when creatures succeed on saves against effect and area spells.

That doesn't tell EVERYONE in the area.

Actually you're partially right. You do not know exactly what is going on, but you know something is wrong.

No, you are reading it wrong. It doesn't tell you, the caster, who exactly in the area succeeds and fails. However everyone in the area individually gets the tingle if their succeed.

>turning classes into things they aren't

What does that even mean?

And then what about people without that similarly silly level of defenses?

My favorite applicant is the cute futa one.

damn, d20pfsrd is really bad on making new occult stuff findable

There are no futa characters, user.

keep telling yourself that. You know as well as I do that at least one of these is secretly a futa.

/d/eviants pls go

But there aren't any gnolls.

There are absolutely zero futa in the campaign unless proven otherwise, trying to insist there's a dick in there is like saying "I'm not gay, but I'm going to constantly pray for one of these girls to be a trap."

/d/ and Veeky Forums can never be separated.

Just..

Stoppit pls.

I read that as deviantart plz go.

I think it works in either case. but then again my reading hasn't been the greatest today (i'm tired).

I was skimming something earlier and instead of reading "investing seems complicated" i read "ingesting semen compilation"

It was dead the moment the weebs took over.

Wow, you're in a real fuck-slut mood today, aren't you?

Redpill me on why skill check maneuvers are bad again?

It's not like they're good skills or anything. Shattered Mirror uses Craft. CRAFT.

Only kind of.

I try not to lewdly fantasize about my own characters, they're too cute and their personalities are incongruous to my own preferences

>Shattered Mirror uses Craft. CRAFT.

What's wrong with Craft?

we actually have two threads going at once this is cancer

Craft is kind of shit. It takes months to make anything decent if you're using RAW and you're not a caster... and most casters can just use shit like fabricate.

>come up with an Aberrant Aegis/Hekatonkheires Symbiat character for RotJR
>miss several threads because of crappy internet
>read through old threads to catch up
>someone else is also making an Aberrant

Oh the one hand, I'm not thrilled by the new competition.

On the other hand, I'm happy to see someone else with such impeccable taste.

Someone created one because they're a whiny bitch to protest this one.

I mean I understand why because ERP nonsense, but it's still a shit thing to do.

>It takes months to make anything decent if you're using RAW and you're not a caster...

It doesn't take long at all if you're an Artisan, or with a DM that does not support cancer.

Heck, grab an Amazing Tool of Manufacture and you can make a suit of masterwork full plate in 1 hour.

>Oh the one hand, I'm not thrilled by the new competition.

You would've had competition regardless, friend. If anything, this competition should be valued as it provides clear perspective on what you're doing right or wrong in your character application.

I'm only using abberant because i need tentacles :I

Designing spell lists are difficult. I just did level 1 spells for the Wyvern Rider.

Alarm
Ant Haul
Anticipate Peril
Bless
Break
Bungle
Burning Disarm
Burning Hands
Compel Hostility
Comprehend Language
Detect Charm
Detect Magic
Endure Elements
Endure Elements
Enhance Water
Enlarge Person
Feather Fall
Flare Burst
Identify
Jump
Keep Watch
Liberating Command
Linked Legacy
Long Arm
Magic Aura
Magic Fang
Magic Missile
Magic Vestment
Magic Weapon
Obscuring Mist
Peacebond
Polypurpose Panacea
Protection from Chaos
Protection from Evil
Protection from Good
Protection from Law
Ray of Enfeeblement
Ray of Sickening
Read Magic
See Alignment
Silent Image
Snapdragon Fireworks
Stone Shield
Touch of Bloodletting
Touch of Compustion
Tracking Mark
True Strike
Unerring Weapon
Unseen Servant
Vanish
Ventriloquism
Virtue
Windy Escape
Wizened Appearance
Youthful Appearance

I'll be honest. Not even sure about these. Anything on here you all think shouldn't be, or anything that it is missing?

>Edge Lord trades out Riven Hourglass and Scarlet Throne
>for only a true net gain of Mithral Current, because you could have gotten unquiet grave with base Harbinger as far as I can tell
>I can only use a trait to recover ONE of Scarlet Throne or Riven Hourglass, and I was hoping to use my trait to get Elemental Flux
>no fucking clue about traditions and didn't want to try to confuse myself further by throwing yet another wrench into chargen

Fug. I guess some sacrifices will just have to be made in the name of memes.

In the interest of providing a topic of discussion for people to shitpost about so we can hit the bump limit and clean up the spare threads, and to satisfy my own morbid curiousity, I propose a question: Using the rule guidelines provided by the RotJR game, since people are going to shitpost about it anyway, how do I work the mechanics of an (Edge Lord) Harbinger||(Empiricist, Psyforensic) Investigator together for maximum fun? Preferably without choking on all the feat prereqs that stifle taking silly, fun stuff (Daisho Expertise, Deadly Agility, etc)?

I realized after I posted it that I sounded a good deal saltier than I had intended to, sorry.

Very true. I should really be paying more to other people's submissions as well, there's been some cool ideas thrown around.

I know, it's strange how hard it is to get a tentacled character in PF with out Aberrant or Synthesist. At least it's easier than hooves.

So planned character for the RotJR is evolving. I posted in the other thread about his crippling fear of the dark.

He is planned to be a Fiendbound Marauder + Gunsmoke Mystic who takes the Phoenix Champion and Umbral Blade PrCs. The character himself is literally being consumed by shadows, turning into one, and on the fast track to insanity due to a run in with ??? in the caverns. He was exiled because of this. His life from that point spiraled out of control as he was unsure of what to do. His search for lore is search for a cure.

Also I am wondering how I can add in a cursed sapient katana, but that actively works against the fiendbound part. Instead I might make it a Transformative gauntlet and both curse it & make it intelligent. When I turn into the Fiend Grip I morph it into a massive nodachi.

EDGY.

I'm making an Oradin but don't know how I'd want to roleplay him. I don't have much experience with paladins to begin with, and all the curses either seem really boring or really painful to deal with. Any advice?

Anything that fucks over a DSP character will be absolutely deadly to anyone else.

Do you think there are monsters that trigger each others' ASMR by spamming cantrips on each others?

Right?

>Posting anime picture for the OP of pfg

I mean roleplay what character you make really, make a personality for them, look at sone LG deities and see which deity would be the most fun to serve as a paladin.

I see Oradin's as the anime trope of "I have to heal and save everyone!".

The two other options I see are the party leader. Strategist or just moral booster. Someone encouraging and uplifting.

Second option is the "good guy". Not an oaf, but just believing the best in people. He will never roll sense motive against you, or anyone. Lovable guy.

What god does he worship, what mystery did you choose and what encouraged him to join an Order? Paladins are a varied bunch, as are Oracles, so when you mix them together the result is something that is very much "case-by-case."

It's fun to read other people's submissions, if not just because they got nifty ideas! Tentacle girl honestly sounds like someone I'd want in a party, she's got that upbeat carefree attitude with juuuuust the right amount of sadness (because hey, in the end we're all gonna get eaten by an Elder God) to add some method to her hedonism.

Alter self is a low level spell that allows you to get a dick desu.

So all of my casters are futas.

actually kill yourself, you're the person that shows up to the games early and while the enthusiasm is appreciated everyone is going like "Wait who invited this autistic retar/d/ again?"

>. If anything, this competition should be valued as it provides clear perspective on what you're doing right or wrong in your character application.
How so? Because so far all it seems to be is
>suggest thing
>IT'S CUTE! CUTE!/LEWD etc
No real constructive criticisms going on, just people jerking it to the same characters that got popular because they hit on tropes that /pfg/ likes.