Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

What is one of your character's minor flaws?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing
gist.github.com/drumanagh/4f86426afbcbcf0d9e55c1db63eb4e07
sites.google.com/site/xaosbrew/homepage
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Not a faggot edition

>What is one of your character's minor flaws?

Being too cute.

He's a complete autist when it comes to empathy. He's really smart but goddamn can he not talk to people well.

>tfw you're that autistic, but nobody else talks so you have to bumble to interact with any of the characters in the plot.

Completely terrified by darkness.

Inability to survive in a social setting. Wait, that's a player flaw.

I have been reexamining my Unchained Fighter.

I have come to a realization I do not offer many new things.

The main "new" feature of the class is the Advanced Equipment Training. Which provides out of combat utility for the class. I believe this is an overall good thing and good for the Unchained class.

Now, besides that, I have merely made AWT and AAT more defined (defense goes into AAT, offense into AWT), made a bunch of new ones, and made it so you get them IN ADDITION to the normal.

Now in order to differentiate the Unchained Fighter more than the fighter I have thought of doing the following:
>remove Bravery, make it into a Advanced Armor Training
>replace it with "Military Training"
>Military Training will have a number of chosen "lesser" bonuses, basically not on the same level as a Rage Power, but fiddly things (on the same level as a trait)
>Some ideas are the following:
>Shamelessly stealing giving Exotic Weapon Proficiency in the weapons of a particular fighter weapon group
>Make two skills into Fighter Class Skills (synergies with the Versatile Training AET)
>Small gold advance (scales badly by level)
>A "contact" (is specified between three types of contacts)
>Gives a single trait (under normal trait rules)

Please shit all over my idea or give other ideas for "military trainings".

My character doesnt have minor flaws!

More specifically i dont have characters TO have flaws.

Story time on that? That seems a bit unusual of a flaw to give in a game that often has dark places.

my character has an addiction to horrible puns. especially if Inyourendo is involved.

What was worse he was a dwarf. The phobia was caused by being trapped in a cave in for four weeks in complete darkness. At the time he was level 3, and ended up not being in there alone. This was a back story event where he and "Something" fought in the caverns. He is also extremely claustrophobic. To survive he actually was forced to eat the bodies of other dwarves caught in the cave in and crushed.

He ended having a battle on the banks of an underwater pond, and drowned the creature in the water. All he knows is that it was suspiciously shaped like a humanoid, and even worse like a dwarf. The creature sank into the pond and he never went back to investigate further.

The entire month long even haunts him. He can't deal with darkness any longer because he's terrified the creature is going to come back.

Is he the darkness?

He could be for all we know.

2spooky4me

So if I, for instance, came up with an item that allowed a young dragon to temporarily age up to a much older form with all the benefits that come with that, not just size, what level of magical item would that be?

>one of your character's minor flaws

Table manners. On account of previous living conditions, if there is an opportunity, he will eat as much as he can, as quickly as possible, because who knows when something could jump you. Or try to steal your food. Drinking etiquette is a different story, since that's something he was introduced to in a comfortable, nonhostile environment. Still has a tendency to go overboard though.
Wild animals, man, can't trust them with anything.

How does one build a Psychic Armory Warsoul Soulknife? What Bladeskills are worth taking and what do I do with the initiating stuff? Any examples of good maneuvers/stances or other combos to look into?

Major, definitely. Might even be an artifact.

He chews with his mouth open.

She lived a sheltered life so she's a bit socially inept (at least among commoners). I guess that'd be more of a major flaw than minor though.

Lesser Artifact tier.

What if I added in the caveat that after using the artifact for a period of time (my initial estimate was something around the realm of half an hour) they become incredibly exhausted, to the point of requiring a day's rest?

Half an hour is a long time. And to my knowledge, there aren't even any spells that can achieve a similar effect.

My rationale behind this is that the device is essentially utilizing the life force of the user as opposed to drawing its own power from wherever most spells draw their energy. The positive plane? I'm not sure.

>wherever most spells draw their energy.
The user.

And anyway, dragons get hell of a lot of powers with age categories, up to and including high-level sorcerer casting.

Still Lesser Artifact tier. Aging to a dragon is incredibly valuable.

Too many Cooks.

So, I’ve been thinking of a way to incorporate the Demonic Corruption into my current campaign.

In a few levels, my players will be exploring an ancient temple. They should be around level 6 or 7 at this point. I plan on having them come across a haunted fount filled with unholy water. When they get within 30 feet of it, they’ll have to make both a Will and Fortitude save. Failing the Will save will cause their characters to be overcome with a desire to drink from the fount. Resisting the temptation will leave them Sickened if they’re in range of the haunt. Failing the Fort save (made harder by resolving the Will save first) will affect them with the spell Feast of Ashes, except it will cause them to be thirsty and dehydrated rather than hungry and starving.

Drinking the unholy water from the fount will “cure” either of the affects, but also end up afflicting them with the Demonic Corruption, via the Useful Corruption rule variant, with a twist.

>Despite it being a useful corruption, they players are forced to take Abyssal Deformity as their first Manifestation
>Upon taking Abyssal Deformity, the player must make a d% roll. They then determine how their character mutates using the Tiefling Alternate Physical Features table.
>Gaining more Manifestations requires drinking unholy water from the fount again in addition to normal level requirements

The only two things I’m not sure about are, first, what the DCs for the haunt should be. I’m thinking 15 for both. Secondly, I also want drinking the unholy water to be dangerous. Like, it causes several d6 in lethal damage or substantial constitution damage. Just enough to make them think twice about taking another dose of the stuff. I’d really appreciate the feedback.

Forcing your TF fetish on players is magical realm.

Can Unchained Monks still use weapons effectively? I noticed the Style Strikes are all unarmed-specific, and want to make sure trying something like a siangham/nine ring broadsword would not end badly

Is cute c@bois a magical realm?

REMOVE C@T

They're very Kamen Rider-like which the party hates/loves.

delet this immediately.

You guys do not need two active threads.

thats what we've said too. guy who created this one is kind of a cunt.

I'm making an Oradin but don't know how I'd want to roleplay him. I don't have much experience with paladins to begin with, and all the curses either seem really boring or really painful to deal with. Any advice?

please dont bump this thread. the other one is active and we don't need two threads.

sage in the option field.

this is the real pathfinder general, fuck those waifu fags, wish they'd get banned, this is Veeky Forums not /a/

It's supposed to be body horror.

I see Oradin's as the anime trope of "I have to heal and save everyone!".

The two other options I see are the party leader. Strategist or just moral booster. Someone encouraging and uplifting.

Second option is the "good guy". Not an oaf, but just believing the best in people. He will never roll sense motive against you, or anyone. Lovable guy.

>this is the real pathfinder general
Then do that in a single thread. shitting up the board with multiple threads is just as bad.

I understand it's not really a favorable situation for anyone on this board but technically this one was posted first.

>technically this one was posted first.
No, it wasn't.
>Pathfinder General /pfg/ Anonymous 11/17/16(Thu)12:49:55 No.50279585

>Pathfinder General /pfg/ Anonymous 11/17/16(Thu)12:58:26 No.50279690

This one was posted in RESPONSE to the other one having ERP. There is no way in hell it could be first.

Ooooh! It's like that lovecraft story where the character encounters a monster in a dark cave but in the end the monster was just a human who had been in the cave for too long.

So...

Anyone got screencaps of Horror Realms yet?

Where to get the latest pdfs? The trobe doesn't upgrade anymore.

If you go back a couple generals, Leakanon put a bunch of them up. Blood of Beats, Horror Realms and the crunchy bits of Villian Codex.

It's still the principle. We should be allowed to have a cancer free thread.

Make a general just for the RotJR so that the fags have a containment thread

You can't have a cancer free thread if it's going to be about pathfinder.

Anyone willing to re-link if they find these?

Do you think a game where everyone is one-half aegis gestalt would be good? Maybe allow swapping the aegis's mental stat for another?

user, they're scattered across the last five threads. Just use the links in each OP to get to older threads and go collect them.

It would be like Centurions.

The villain should be an Armorist.

It'd be cool, but you are basically giving them a free Belt of Str/Dex/Con until they have enough money to make the triple stat belt, a full BAB, and tons of utility.

Plus a huge money upgrade for not having to pay for their +5 armor.

I still believe they should just make a Discord or IRC channel so all of this could be contained in private.

Heck, they could ERP all they want in there.

>even the GM is telling them to cool it now

Out of curiosity, what are the specializations and archetypes available to the Legendary Vigilante?

Just let them have their own general. Warhammer 40K roleplays have like 3 generals DnD has 3 generals. We should be allowed to have two.

There were erp generals, once upon a time. They got the boot from angry janitors.

Apparently I can get work done! I have finished three new archetypes for the Broken Shackles martials. They are from the backlog of archetypes I am clearing out.

First off is the Wyvern Rider, an archetype for the Unchained Cavalier. The Wyvern Rider gains a Wyvern Mount, a fearsome creature filled with greed. This mount provides not only with a powerful steed, but spellcasting. The Wyvern Rider is a 4 level spell caster using charisma, drawing mainly from the Wizard Spell List.

Next is the Hound Master, another archetype for the Unchained Cavalier. The Hound Master gains the service of several hounds, losing Banner to instead gain whistles. These whistles allow your hound to impart debuffs to enemies they threaten, stacking with other hounds threatening the same target. This allows for tactical combat, position hounds giving different debuffs and moving them to creates that require debuffing.

The final is the Bootleg Alchemist, an archetype for the Unchained Gunslinger. It exists on the far side of "Gadgeteer", giving up Deed to instead gain four level extract casting, drawing from the Alchemist Spell list. In addition they gain a bathtub mutagen, an unstable substance that enhances the Bootleg Alchemist's abilities the same as the Alchemist Mutagen.

See them and the rest of Broken Shackles below:
>docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing

Crippling Assburgers

Well we're dungeoncrawling so it's comparatively minor.

>Armorist
That's like going metaforge at 3/3 and never switching back.

Except worse.

The smart ones will get real armor. The aegis armor forms are a huge waste of customization points if trying to keep them up to date.

Hey /pfg/

I'm going to be in a Strange Aeons game soon and have gotten clearance to use the Voice of the Void Medium archetype. For character story and fluff fun I want to link each of the spirits/emissaries to a type of aberration, preferably an iconic one.
Problem is I don't know Golarions lore concerning aberrations all that well aside from no Beholders/Illithids and when in doubt blame the Aboleth.

Here is what I've tentatively got so far:
>archmage - Seugathi?
>champion
>guardian
>hierophant - Aboleth?
>marshal
>trickster - Intellect Devourer?

What would your suggestions be?

>mfw the DM actually likes my ideas for customizing my armor with mechanically useless stuff, like sapphire cabochons and white wolf fur mantle

I do descriptive fluff all the time! It really lends something to an otherwise boring conversation with an NPC when they can tell things about you from your garb other than "murderhobo"

Taking a moment to get new boots every now and then is a good way to add a bit of flavor to your character. "My old pair got an axe through them when I took a bad hit from an orc. do you have any new pairs in my size? And then actually take some time to shop.

Lots of GMs love that shit.

>It really lends something to an otherwise boring conversation with an NPC when they can tell things about you from your garb other than "murderhobo"

Hell yeah dude, that's part of why I'm doing this scavenger's hunt for fancy trinkets and animal pelts to craft this suit of armor, I *love* giving my characters a distinct look and feel that makes them more a personality than a statblock. Bit of downtime in a high-tension situation? Time for my character to break out a lacquered snuff box and take out a pinch to calm the nerves, or at the end of a major adventure whip out a bottle of rare Galtian wine to toast their victory. When we're in town, I enjoy shopping for new tunics to replace the old, sweaty ones from our adventures, or go see a puppet show rather than the usual "go to tavern, drink and sleep."

It's the little things like these that make the game feel like a story, and in the end, isn't that what we're having sessions for?

Trying to decide what to play in an upcoming game, I was looking for something pretty goofy since it's the games this DM runs are always pretty light and goofy.

We don't normally play PF so I'm not super familiar with the rules but I was looking at Goliath Druid and can't work out if a very goofy combo is allowed.

Can you stack powerful Shape, Wild shape and then enlarge person? There is some text saying "Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack." but does becoming a large creature count as increasing your size or are you simply taking on the base size large.

Powerful shape doesn't make you larger, just give you the buffs of being larger so it should stack, but I want to know if I can get HUGE

Goliath wildshape:
At 6th level, the goliath druid can use wild shape to become a Large humanoid of the giant subtype. This functions as the alter self spell.

Powerful Shape:
When in wild shape, treat your size as one category larger for the purpose of calculating CMB, CMD, carrying capacity, and any size-based special attacks you use or that are used against you (such as grab, swallow whole, and trample).

Enlarge person:
This spell causes instant growth of a humanoid creature, doubling its height and multiplying its weight by 8. This increase changes the creature's size category to the next larger one.

My character's a crafter and does that all the time, but the party's all just "PASTE THE STATLINE COME ON WE'RE WASTING TIME HERE"

And then....

>Character explains where he got the idea
>Gives tips and tricks on using the new gear while fitting it
>Includes free little extras like one-shot rust-monster/effect immunity and basically-a-biomonitor
>Talks a bit about his family
>Is completely ignored while doing all of this

>user, this is getting to be a problem here, you gotta start actually roleplaying and talking to the other partymembers in character

>Multiple magical effects that increase size do not stack.

Powerful shape should stack, but

You're a man after my own heart, user. It's the little things like that which makes these campaigns so worth it - what's a campaign without immersion? Heck, as you pointed out it's free (FREE) character development and backstory dumps too, since who doesn't talk a bit about themselves while doing that sorta stuff?

It was being told I don't roleplay that made me realize I was literally being ignored for everything except the dice rolls that pop up in roll20.

powerful build(shape) stacks with either of the other two and the other two never can stack.

you were probably a bit too focused on your shit.

Yeah, I just wondered how the wildshape stuff is handled because it's weird, if you were already large and used that wildshape, then you would still be able to be enlarged because you're not getting bigger but because you can't if you start as a medium?

It makes sense I guess just a bit counter intuitive to me since wildshape doesn't make you grow larger, just turns you into a creature of size large which I would read as being your base size in that form.

Oh well, I'll settle for being large with the Powerful stuff making me almost Huge.

Something is foul in the state of your campaign when players can't be bothered, or simply can't, hold conversations between each other over nothing.

What do you think of this class?

gist.github.com/drumanagh/4f86426afbcbcf0d9e55c1db63eb4e07

Throwing out comments as I see them:

Full BAB and 6th level casting is a little high if I recall correctly, especially with good saves across the board and a d12 hit die. They've got to have some not perfect points somewhere.

I was thinking about that. I'm probably going to demote one of those pieces, but I haven't decide which yet. I've been trying to think of some way to "fake" the good-at-everything feel in an elegant way without just having all big numbers, but I haven't figured out what yet.

>gist.github.com/drumanagh/4f86426afbcbcf0d9e55c1db63eb4e07
Retard strong.

>good saves
>6 level casting
>full BaB
>those class features
I would not let someone play it.

Also, on a side note: Magus chassis is 6th level casting, full BAB, *and* gets class abilities specifically to make full BAB and 6th-level casting work together well, which this doesn't.

So I don't feel that that by itself is problematic, but a combination of that and all-good saves are probably too much.

Reduce it to a bad reflex save, reduce to 3/4 BaB.

Magus chassis is not full BAB. Its 3/4 BAB you mong.

It gets stronger than the most powerful shapechanging ability all the time. No seriously is dumb strong. It's WAY too much. It blows other 6 level casters out of the water easily.

...derp. I'm stupid.

Pic related is apparently me at the moment.

yeah turns out most of them are just blabbing away on an ooc skype call, and not paying attention outside of combat.

this, by the way, is what's meant by roleplaying, apparently, too.

Dracomorphosis gives a bigger Str bonus but a bigger Dex penalty than the Beast Shape line, and in a bigger package (e.g. Huge/Gargantuan dragon vs. Large magical beast with Beast Shape IV), which is an objectively bad thing almost all the time.

This doesn't sound like a lot of fun, user. Have you left the group?

Other old thread:

Bigger strength and con, fantastic nat attack suite. Being large means bigger damage dice on all your nat attacks. I'd choose it because of AC's inability to keep up at higher levels.

well okay then
The comment was disingenuous I'll admit. Its kinda like politics in media to me though; theres nothing inherently wrong with it I've just seen it done in a way that ruins everything five times as often as I've seen them done well.

Sooo I have kind of an open-minded group and long story short I'm gonna play a thrush that doubles as our witch's familiar.

Question a: How do I stat it ?
Question b: Where can I look for more bonuses to disguise at level 1, save for Skill focus and class features? I really need to make that check to pretend to be a dragon on a regular basis. It's important to me.

I have been reexamining my Unchained Fighter.

I have come to a realization I do not offer many new things.

The main "new" feature of the class is the Advanced Equipment Training. Which provides out of combat utility for the class. I believe this is an overall good thing and good for the Unchained class.

Now, besides that, I have merely made AWT and AAT more defined (defense goes into AAT, offense into AWT), made a bunch of new ones, and made it so you get them IN ADDITION to the normal.

Now in order to differentiate the Unchained Fighter more than the fighter I have thought of doing the following:
>remove Bravery, make it into a Advanced Armor Training
>replace it with "Military Training"
>Military Training will have a number of chosen "lesser" bonuses, basically not on the same level as a Rage Power, but fiddly things (on the same level as a trait)
>Some ideas are the following:
>Shamelessly stealing giving Exotic Weapon Proficiency in the weapons of a particular fighter weapon group
>Make two skills into Fighter Class Skills (synergies with the Versatile Training AET)
>Small gold advance (scales badly by level)
>A "contact" (is specified between three types of contacts), these contacts are NPCs who have the friendly disposition towards the PC
>A trait
>A "social trick" (some of the examples are a large bonus at a particular game like chess, poker, dice, etc., doubling your ability to imbibe alcohol before becoming intoxicated, being able to gauge the social relations of a group after a minute observation, and specific knowledge in a narrow subject like a particular sect of a religion, inns in an area, etc.)

Please shit all over my idea or give other ideas for "military trainings".

I would really love for the help for this last revision and whether it is a good idea as I will soon be seeking publication for the Broken Shackles martials.

Link: docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing

So i've kinda been looking into gathering up all of my homebrew in a neat little document.

And instead I made an entire Google Site out of it. It's currently under construction, and probably will be for a long time, but as it stands it's a more permanent directory of homebrew. If anybody has suggestions I'd be glad to hear it.

sites.google.com/site/xaosbrew/homepage

Hold up, is this a site where /pfg/ can just drop their homebrews?

Hey guys, what's a good anime or manga to dive into, or a movie to watch, if I've got nothing to do tonight? I'd ask /tv/ but they're dorks, and you guys seem chill.

You have to email the docs to me and lemme get a look at it, and then I'll add it in. But yeah, if you want to add something, send an email and I'll look into it.

Okay, neat. Let me compile a list right here then.