MTG Collaborative Deck-Building

Let's build a Commander deck, one that represents Veeky Forums as a whole. I'm interested in seeing what kind of players the majority of Veeky Forums is, so here's a quick poll:

Which MTG Archetype are you?
strawpoll.me/11673430/

Which Color(s) does Veeky Forums like best?
strawpoll.me/11673487/

Any suggestions for our Commander? The Final decision may change based on the results of the poll.

Other urls found in this thread:

untap.in
xmage.de
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I Say Memnarch. There's a lot of variance in Artifact decks that can span a multitude of strategies. Plus, we get to be a dick by taking control of someone else's Monsters

Monitoring this thread. Here's Urza's pope hat for some reason.

I'd say Maelstrom Wanderer, because he's a right fucking cunt and offers a three colour choices.

Or Sliver Overlords, because Slivers would fit thematically with the whole anonymous image board collaborating on something theme.

And slivers are cute.

I would suggest Scion of the Ur Dragon, Maelstrom Angel, or any other 5 colour legend.
Inclusivity and all that.

sliver is a shitty idea, the deck would build itself
I say we use the big baby as the commander since it leaves everything open

the angel isn't a legend

I say we use a God. These things have the best Art, best flavor, and best effects.

Shit, you are correct. I am a moron. But I would still say five colours so everyone get a small piece of the deck.

From the poll alone it looks like we're leaning to heavily black with green close behind. Also supporting , though Queen Snek isn't the best god by a decent margin.

And also because everyone is a big baby here.

it may to early to say, but if green/black is the colours we will be in. May i suggest Savra, Haunted Crossroads, vulturous zombie and Graave-Shell Scarab?

You know what, if we're doing green black, we should do the best tribal of all.

MUSHROOMS

I support the shrooms but fat cat tats are the best tribal senpai

The results so far are actually quite surprising. I knew we were mostly Timmy here, since half the threads are dedicated to telling stories about games, but I'm actually surprised we're also Vorthos, I always though Vorthos was something of a rarity.

Also I support and , but I think those may be mutually exclusive.

So do we want exclusively fungus among-us, or do we want a general BG tokens deck?

This. Thallids are my jam. They don't have the mana grab of elves though

But they do have token spam, which we can take advantage of to get mana.

Actually on that note, tokens don't trigger Black Market right? If they did the ability to capitalize on chump blocking would give it a bit more value than crypto.

It's currently a flux betweem Black, Green and Red, so really it's anyone's guess as to what deck we're gonna make.

Tokens still go to the graveyard, they just cease to exist afterwards.

Fair enough. There's kind of a inherent problem in that we've got to keep waiting or changing concepts for the first few hours until there's a clear majority vote. On that note, Red just shot to first place.

So... these exist:

untap.in

xmage.de

We could seriously make this thing and test it out.

S I E G E R H I N O
I
E
G
E

R
H
I
N
O

I'd be down for it.

This looks awesome. Why don't we have monthly Veeky Forums tourneys using stuff like this?

Greed goes into every B Deck.

I support this, although I'm incapable of making anything that isn't a stupid gimmick deck and would get curb-stomped.

just run a fun gimmick deck, like coin flips, or library shuffles. nothing quite upsets actual decks like crazy random bullshit.

posting the card that represents all the trolls in all of us

>that moment when karn was your first planeswalker. Kitchen table was never the same again.

user, that's just mean.

I tried running a coin/random deck once. It was fun, but basically unless Pyxis of Pandemonium got lucky and pulled something good or Chance Encounter managed to save me, it got combo'd to death before I could set up anything cool.

Looks like we R/G now. Time for druggens?

Make this guy the commander, and then put ALL of the green legendary creatures into the deck.

Yes they trigger black market, because they enter graveyard first and then cease to exist.