Veeky Forums's Winter Ball Discussion Thread

This is the thread for discussing the Veeky Forums Winter Ball and board-tan related topics. Content creation, board-tan discussion, inter-board news, and general goodwill is welcome. Please do not shitpost.

The megabin of content created by Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, and /vp/. (Updated 11/15/2016)
pastebin.com/Z57p7sJE

Current Veeky Forums-related news :
>/vp/ has won the showdown, and will be providing some post-battle interactions through writefaggotry soon..
>Multiple projects for both /vp/ and Veeky Forums are in the works.
>With the release of Pokemon Sun / Moon, /vp/'s threads will be somewhat slower.
>This may become the first Veeky Forums Wacky Races between /pol/o/, /m/int/, /histgvp/, and /XD/. Our ride is currently a red chariot with tons of orky bitz stuck onto it, led by two Scoliopedes.
>The ball may happen at any of these two dates : November 26 or December 3, depending on what /qa/ says

Question of the Thread -
Should we bring back Commissar Mittens and the Lizard Wizard?

Previous thread ->

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/W51NBMSp
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CBn1uJjmhy4
pastebin.com/yqUqN3Vz
strawpoll.me/11676919
imgur.com/a/M52w6
imgur.com/a/VjNMR
i.imgur.com/tyBHlB0.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Should we bring back Commissar Mittens and the Lizard Wizard?
Is this a real question.

Ha ha, oh man, this is is so wild from the last thread. XD

>1. These directly break rules #3, #10, and #11
>2. These arguably break rules #4, #6, #8, and #13.
>3. These are unnecessary for their expressed purpose: people visit other boards all the time, and collaborations are common and occur naturally throughout the year, when people are actually interested in the idea instead of just seeking something to bump their threads with.
>4. The members of this club often attempt to present themselves as representatives of the larger board, despite being minority participants in a set of offtopic threads
>5. The attempts to keep these threads "on-topic" are mostly just throwaway chatter to avoid being banned again and to keep these threads bumped.
>6. There's a distinct degree of arrogance to assume that these threads help produce OC, when OC is generated everyday by the larger board that is actually useful or wanted by people outside of this project.
>7. The quality of the content produced in these threads is a sour point to bring up, but it does bear mentioning in a list of why people would have an issue with this, especially when people in these threads expect the content to reflect the rest of the board
>8. The central discussion of these threads, the board-tans, are decisively off-topic, despite being named after the boards. Trying to surround the central discussion with other topics does not really disguise that the main topic of this thread is discussing how a set of characters will go on dates, which is not a traditional game. It's fanfiction at best.
>9.Though it was already mentioned in point 1, it bears repeating that Advertising in all forms is not welcome on Veeky Forums, especially when done under the guise of "In-house" advertising.

Hello fellow fa/tg/uys

All this winter ball talk has been making me itch to run a game of pokemon tabletop, using PTU

It's not a typical pokemon setting. The PokeWar fucked the world over hard, to the point the Poke-Gods decided to intervene and hit humanity back to the iron age in some places. Others have recovered, and things are starting to get back to normal in some places. Not all, just some.

Be looking for about four to five players to fill out the party. You don't need to know how to play the system or even build a character, you just need to have a character concept in mind, and we can build them up from there.

You can find me on Skype and Discord under this name.

>He's back
What a bro.

Any updates on the philosopher card game? Talking about that last night was really fun.

Like clockwork, innit?

Maybe we should add a gretchen/goblin to the line up of commissar mittens and the lizard wizard is his honour.

>a goblin warboss that constantly talks about how 'e's da biggest an' what 'e says, goes
>dressed in a suit for maximum no fun
I'd fund it.

I like this a lot. If I didn't have to work late tonight I'd draw it.

His name will be Da Rules Lawya'.

>"OI! DIS BREAKS RULE TWO, YA ZOGGIN' GITZ!"

>not 'Roolz'

>He's
Improper grammar, "He's" is the third person term, used when talking to someone (second person) about someone else (the 'third person'). In this instance the correct word would be "I'm" or first person, since (you) are talking about (you)rself.

Can we have Veeky Forums in a smuggler's copter while riding the chariot? It can be part of the chariot design AND be a fashion statement about the current standard meta!

Sure. It's not set in stone, anyway.

Da Roolz Lawya'.

Need help on coloring the philosophers we have so far into the categories. Cards have a RPS color system with numbered strength to break ties. Cards from the same philosopher can't counter each other.

Red = Argumentative, aggressive cards

Blue = Contemplative, control and slower cards

Yellow = Innovative, combos cards

List of cards so far: pastebin.com/W51NBMSp

I can't understand how someone could think like this, and become dedicated to said line of thought. He's piece of work ain't he, thinks he's some sort of Batman.

You know, there is a nice little hide feature if you don't like these threads. A couple of clicks, and you'll never see it again.

Obviously the mods don't give two shits about this little annual game we play, so maybe instead of going badwrongnofunallowed you just hide it and go check out things relevant to your interests.

Although your contribution to keeping this thread bumped is appreciated, and gets a laugh out of some.

I AM THE GRAND AUTISMO. I SEXUALLY IDENTIFY AS HETEROFAGGOTARIAN, WHICH MEANS THAT I WOULD BE STRAIGHT BUT I'VE BEEN CALLED FAGGOT ONLINE WAY TOO MUCH AND NO GIRL WOULD EVER WANT TO TOUCH ME. LAWL.

I'M OFF MY MEDS. MY MEDS ARE INY FANNY PACK. I LOVE MY FANNY PACK. LAWL.

THE MODS OF Veeky Forums IN MY HEAD TOLD ME I'M A FUN POLICE. THAT MEANS I GET TO MAKE SURE THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING FUN THE WRONG WAY SHOULD BE REPORTED AND ARGUED WITH. MY ARGUMENTS ARE THE BEST. I KNOW BECAUSE I'M THE BEST. LAWL.

THE MODS DON'T ALWAYS BAN FAGGOTS THAT I REPORT. THEY'RE PROBABLY JUST SLEEPING. LAWL

YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR. MY TUMBLR IS FUNNY. I KNOW I'M FUNNY BECAUSE MY MOM LAUGHED AT ME WHEN I FELL DOWN SOME STAIRS. LAWL.

Are we sticking with Argumentative, Contemplative, and Innovative? I just said those because they sounded philosophical, but it kight need a different phrasing.

Ok, so are we challenging /vp/ to an MTG game?

The names can change, just what they are for now.

Shit, meant to say that I god a good laugh. Keep up the impression, it's remarkably accurate.

Later we first gotta do the aftermath of the duel, besides their thread is pretty dead at the moment.

They're getting ready for Sun/Moon. After that dies down, they'll most likely write Vanille finally mounting Teej's d6.

Challenge Veeky Forums instead. We've had our /vp/ match. It's high time we did something for them.

Ah, okay. Just wanted ti make sure.

Veeky Forums could be fun. I've gotta get off, and it doesn't look like they have a winter ball thread up either. Could someone else make the request?

What kind of team would Veeky Forums use? Ghost types? Things that learn Ancient Power? Empoleon?

Fossils and psychic types. Alakazam, Kabutops, Omastar, Deoxys, Ho-oh, and one other.

Xerneas and Yveltal are probably the most historically-relevant Pokémon given that they were at the center of a war.

>Implying they would use anything other than gods from not!rome

Sigilyph
>The guardians of an ancient city, they always fly the same route while keeping watch for invaders.
Golurk
>It is said that Golurk were ordered to protect people and Pokémon by the ancient people who made them.
Bronzong
>Ancient people believed that petitioning Bronzong for rain was the way to make crops grow.

all seem to be likely candidates

Wait, I thought we were doing mtg with Veeky Forums?

Golurk and Claydol were built by ancient people, so they could work.

Could also use Zekrom and Shiny Rayquaza if you want a historically accurate Japanese battle.

We still are. I think.

>ywn ride with the sixth demon king of hell into battle
>ywn fight with the one eyed dragon of oshu by your side
It's raining pretty hard where I am, right now.

>pokemon+nobunaga's ambition

Man, I need to pay more attention to Pokemon releases.

other historic Pokemon
Claydol
>Claydol is an enigma that appeared from a clay statue made by an ancient civilization dating back 20,000 years. This Pokémon shoots beams from both its hands.
Unown
>This Pokémon is shaped like ancient writing. It is a mystery as to which came first, the ancient writings or the various Unown. Research into this topic is ongoing but nothing is known.
Aegislash
>Generations of kings were attended by these Pokémon, which used their spectral power to manipulate and control people and Pokémon.

maybe
Wartortle
>It is said to live 10,000 years. Its furry tail is popular as a symbol of longevity.
Cofagrigus
>It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.

Alright, I don't know if we need anymore songs, but someone from overclocked just released this, and since it relates to Pokémon, I thought it could be considered.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CBn1uJjmhy4

>Vanille finally mounting Teej's d6.

d12, surely. Barbarians are best after all.

I'd say we're more like monks than barbs.

So... we come with Improved Unarmed Strike?

We come with at least five Ki Points for bonus attacks.

[spoil]We'll have shit athletics, though.

Haha, I fucked that spoiler up.

How is the ball supposed to work? Why does /qa/ decide?

Ok, so, what should I know about Veeky Forums before I ask them to a match of MTG? Would they want to build their own deck, or do we build it for them? Help them? Give them a few suggestions?(obviously point them towards Theros)

When are they most active?(rough estimate by time zone preferred)

More like his d8.

Because it averages out at 4 and a half. ZING!

Their active times are still up in the air because they're relatively new, but around 5:00 Central Standard Time should be good.

Us building it with them would be cool.

/qa/, having little to no userbase to speak of, gets to decide when the ball happens. That's it. Even then, it's usually decided by a charismatic person from another board.

But how does the winter ball work? Do we just make more OC?

everyone piles into a plug dj room and watches/listens to music and memes

Well, from what I learned in the two (now three) years I've been doing this...

The Winter Ball is all about inter-board relations and communication. It's for spreading memes, broadening your horizons, and sharing in the autism that is roleplaying as a board.

It's also a chance to share music, draw, write, and talk about your board to people who wouldn't usually come here.

There's usually a set date, but, like the last two years, it's still up in the air at this point. I suggested December 3, but November 26 is also an option suggested.

Dec 3 is better, Nov 26 is black friday and a bunch of people go out of town for thanksgiving weekend.

oh hey i remember you from the last two years.
and you forgot the story link, you got it right in the /vp/ thread.
pastebin.com/yqUqN3Vz

More or less.

Speaking of which, first story out of me this year. Woooo.

pastebin.com/yqUqN3Vz

This one also comes with a poll for Veeky Forums and a poll for /vp/ (which I'll post in the /vp/ thread) to determine how the next story goes. Please post in the poll for the board you regularly go to.

strawpoll.me/11676919

Thanks for the heads up. This is what I get for doing 5 things at once. Gonna keep trying til I get it right.

That's what I've suggested, but I'll suggest it again in the /qa/ thread.

I'll add this when I have the chance.

This year Veeky Forums seems to be making a theme of getting other boards to game with them, RNG competition with /pol/, Pokémon Showdown with /vp/, Wacky Races with everyone using Savage Worlds, MTG with Veeky Forums and /vp/.

Adderall-kun made mention of a Calvin and Hobbes RPG. Would /co/ like that?

Also we should challenge /k/ to a game of gun/car sluts.

Sorry, /k/ to gun sluts, Veeky Forums to car sluts.

How would those even work?

Well, we're already doing Wacky Races, so probably not that one, otherwise I would've said Car Lesbians.

/k/ would probably be Savage Worlds built like the Maid RPG, and using whatever military supplement we could find.

/u/ would be all for Car Lesbians.

You shouldn't talk for an entire board.

We can get car gays as well and have /y/ get interested as well.

But it's cars and lesbians. Both /u/ and Veeky Forums would be up the wall for it.

Is that a game? I know the PDF thread has Car Lesbians as a thing.

>But it's cars and lesbians.

I fully support this. There's a reason why Teej is often seen as the Harem Anime Protagonist, we can play games with everyone. Hell, one of these days we should work on a FATAL supplement for SW or Gurps and give it to /d/ as a present.

Just run FATAL for them. Ever since the Lewd Writing General moved to /d/, we've basically got a red line all the way to them.

>not sure if this is Veeky Forums or /u/
Though, in fairness, I'm sure there's an Veeky Forumsutist who crossboards as a /u/-boat somewhere on this website. Hello.

Car Lesbians has only two stats: Car and Hot. It's pretty easy to make it gay. Just describe hot guys holding hands and kissing instead of hot girls.

>just describe hot guys instead of hot girls
Already, you and I have reached an impasse.

>Implying FATAL is even Mechanically playable.

Yeah, no. Take away the Sex from FATAL and you're pretty much left with a game with mechanics that are so overly complex that Mage: The Ascension looks better by comparison.

Why do we even talk about FATAL anymore (outside of the memes, of course) when there's the much better Zetai Reido? That game seriously needs to get its translation finished.

Yeah, we'd probably need to find ourselves a /d/m or a lewd ca/tg/irl to run it for us.

I thought the stupidly complex rules were why people played FATAL to begin with. The sheer amount of details needed is what would both turn on and turn off those involved.

I'm sure there's a bunch of /d/eviants who would line up for it, given the chance. Same for the Wacky Races suggestion.

Some user on the /vp/ thread wanted this after I posted my Astartes/Chespin picture. Thought a few of you lads might like it too.

Some base links/different perspective;
imgur.com/a/M52w6
imgur.com/a/VjNMR

Chesnaughts and a Quilladin versus Orkz and a Goblin? I'd pay to see that fight. Good edits.

Do you want me to add this to the megabin?

No, it's why it became such a huge joke. It's easier to modify DnD (there are 3rd party splats for this sort of thing) than to even bother to try and play FATAL. It only became so popular because it was so objectively awful in every possible light.

Your choice, bruva. If people would enjoy it, I'm down.

Though, if you're going to do that, you might as well add the inspiration too.
That being pic related,

You need to roll 1d100 over a hundred times just to get started. Complexity only works when it's functional and makes sense, like GURPS. FATAL is just poor design choice.

Don't we have the residential /a/nonymous scanlators who do the translations for Monster Musume and similar? We could ask those guys for help.

better quality here, actually; i.imgur.com/tyBHlB0.jpg

Well, then. Nevermind.

I guess I'll just make some homebrew rules in 5e if I want to start a secret campaign during the afterparty of the night of the Ball.

In "secret campaign" do you mean DnD 5e with extras rolls and stats for genitals?

I'd play in it

And a few extra uses for Athletics, Acrobatics, Intimidation, and Perception. Among other stats.

But this is if I'm actually able to get off my lazy ass and get this stuff done. I've even got a campaign plot.

I wouldn't mind translating the Anal Circumference and other tables if you'll promise to get some use out of them.

On the day of the ball, I will most likely be running a campaign in lieu of writing anything substantial for the Ball, this year. I'm still working on Da Epik, as slow as that's going, and I'm still doing thread-monitoring for all participating boards, but I would like to get a campaign like that out of the way.

>"Oh, no! /d/ and /aco/ have gone insane! They got drunk off of Veeky Forums's punch!"
>"[Insert participating boards here], you're going to have to stop them! Sexually!"
>"Or, y'know, non-sexually, if you're boring. I guess."

Actually, I insist on doing it. there's no way I'm passing up my chance to become infamous.

>spoilers
>"Or lose your teeth if you guess wrong on how to stop them."

For the Ball Proper, I've got just a regular campaign involving /r9k/ and their possible shooting.

It involves an apartment building climb.

Or lose all forms of virginity, starting with Nasal.

wait wait wait, I've been out of the loop since last winter ball, what's the deal with Veeky Forums? We're not bringing along a third wheel again are wel?

They are NOT a third wheel. Veeky Forums is on equal footing with /vp/, near as I can tell. Our ties to /vp/ are closer due to multiple years of ball-interactions, but Veeky Forumstorians are still dear to us as dates.

herodotus is coming along as a Bro, unless things get... Roman, and fem-Veeky Forums(forgot her name) is going along with viol, we think. We're trying to find him a date if possible.

Yeah, it's all part of the Veeky Forums harem, see

Hmm... alright, so long as we don't go full harem like we did a few years ago. Who all was there again? Like, /d/, /s/, /x/, and I think one more.

I'll have to look into what Veeky Forums is like

I see there are conflicting sentiments here.

/d/ has stated that, while they're cool with doing double- or triple-dates with us, they don't want to be a part of someone else's harem.

Me, I'm happy to just bridge boards together, so I'm of the opinion that a harem is just a big adventuring party.

We should do CKII or Risk or something. Something more apropos of the similarities between Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums is a bro. We're going to challenge them to mtg using Xmage or Untap.in tomorrow.

Speaking of which, can somebody suggest planes for me to list to them? Veeky Forums is definitely a Vorthos-Timmy player, so I'm going to appeal to that before anything else.

Obviously Theros, because not!Rome with amazing god cards is going to set them off.

I'm tempted to tell them about Kumigawa, but in light of recent /r9k/ events, maybe not?

I'm more of a Timmy-Johnny player, so I don't pay much attention to the lore. Which planes would Veeky Forums be most interested in? Which ones have the longest and most detailed lore, or best flavor text?

Oh, interestingly enough, the strawpoll results showed that Veeky Forums is mostly a Timmy-Johnny player, with Vorthos falling not far behind. Basically, we love having stories to tell, and having interesting combos and decks that generate those stories.

As for Mana Colors, results were inconclusive. It was a three-way tie between Red, Green, and Black.

So, now you've got some ideas as to how Veeky Forums-tan would play magic.

Maybe. Let's put it to a vote tomorrow.

Adventuring party>harem

If we can't decide, we can just be the party bard.

Did some research on Veeky Forums and /her/, and I approve. Hero seems like a total bro and Hist a cute. Starting to get worried that Teej is turning into a pedo, but eh. I like loli.

So what's everybody's classes?
>Herodotus is a wizard, old and wise.
>Viol is a barbarian, incomprehensible in his berserker rage
>Vanille is likely a druid or ranger, actually getting along with her beast companions
>If not the bard, fun and excitable, Teej is probably the paladin, quick to shout HERESY
Historia I'm having a bit of trouble placing. A lot of her character is just being juvenile. Maybe a happy-go-lucky rogue a la Rikku from Final Fantasy X?

Funny enough I've always pictured Veeky Forums being more blue-white with all the rules-lawyering, HFY, and our tendency to turn shitty bait threads into scientific debates. Maybe some red. As for planes, honestly I just really love Ravnica, but yeah, theros/nyx is probably best.

Dominaria by far has the longest story. The Weatherlight saga is pretty good.

We should play Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund Dragon tribal for our deck. Its all three of our preferred colors, big creatures for the Timmy's, fun combo's for the Johnny's, and Dragon Tribal for the Vorthos.

I was actually not too surprised about our archetype. At the end of the day, most of our threads are targeted at generating stories. The thing we were the least of is actually Spike. Apparently very few M/tg/ players are seriously that competitive. Our color choices also reflect that. Big beefy green monsters, crazy Red stuff like Goblins, and all the interesting Black counters and Tricks. Blue is just "No, you can't have fun" Permission and white is kind of the stick in the mud color. You don't get many stories out of those.

Knowing Veeky Forums, they'll jump on Theros/Nyx, so the decks might turn into Dragons vs. Gods. This pleases me greatly.

those gmod images in the imgur reminded me of when I used to make set-ups in gmod. Maybe I could get back into that. It was fun if nothing else

HELLO YES I AM AUTISMO. THE MODS INSIDE MY HEAD APPOINTED ME FUN POLICE BECAUSE I AM AWESOME AND CAN USE THE COMPUTER AND TYPE WHILE NOT LOOKING AT THE KEYBOARD SOME OF THE TIME. YOU GUYS ARE HAVING FUN WRONG. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU THINK THIS IS FUN. STOP HAVING FUN IT'S NOT FUN.

IF YOU DO NOT STOP HAVING FUN I WILL REPORT YOU AND TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE WRONG. I WILL DO THIS BY PRETENDING TO BE AN ARTIST FROM THE OTHER BOARDS AND TELLING YOU THAT YOUR BOARD-TAN LOOKS WRONG. I GREAT AT ART BECAUSE I CAN COLOR INSIDE THE LINES USING THE PAINT BUCKET IN MSPAINT. MSPAINT IS BETTER THAN PHOTOSHOP. WHY WOULD ANYONE USE IT IT'S TOO HARD. ANYWAY YOUR BOARD-TAN IS A LOSER BECAUSE HE LOOKS BAD AND I CAN'T FIND ANY PICTURES OF HIM IN A DISNEY COLORING BOOK OR ON A COLORING BOOK GOOGLE SEARCH. IF YOUR ARE RIGHT THINK AGAIN YOU ARE WRONG. I CAN PROVE THAT YOU ARE WRONG.

LATER I WILL COME BACK AND PRETEND TO BE SOMEONE FROM THIS BOARD AND SAY YOU ARE WRONG AND AGREE WITH MYSELF WHEN I AM AN ARTIST. I AM BOTH RIGHT AND THAT IS TWO PEOPLE SO THERE.

LATER I WILL COME BACK AGAIN AND TELL YOU YOU ARE BREAKING THE RULES. I WILL POST THE RULES HERE AND EXPLAIN THEM TO YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE WHY ELSE WOULD YOU HAVE MADE THIS THREAD OTHERWISE? YOU HAVE BROKEN ALL THE RULES AND I REPORTED YOU AGAIN. THE MODS MAY NOT BAN YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE ASLEEP, BUT I WILL KEEP ON POSTING HERE AND TELL YOU WHAT IS WHAT, BECAUSE I AM RIGHT AND SMART AND MOM TELLS ME I'M SMART BECAUSE I CAN COUNT HIGHER THAN SHE THOUGHT I COULD. I CAN COUNT TO TWENTY.

IF ANYONE COMES IN HERE AND TRIES TO DO WHAT I'M DOING STOP. THEY DON'T DO IT RIGHT AND ARE MORE AUTISTIC THAN I AM. SO THERE.