It's now time to play the game called Mornington Crescent

It's now time to play the game called Mornington Crescent.

Any postcards from Mrs Trellis?

We're doing this? Alright, here's my character sheet.

Arthur, Knight of Aldgate
3rd level Accountant
Panache: 24
Opinions: 18
Honor: 2
WPM: 7
Favored Enemy: Communists

For my first turn, I will play a card face down and activate Neasden.

Knights are at Tottenham Court Road and Noting Hill Gate.

The Queen will call in 4 rounds.

Bishop to St. Pancras.

Let's play a game: select a random location on Mornington Crescent metro map, and attach an event or personality that it's famous for.
Cross out the locations on the image that were named in the thread.

For example, I choose Whitechapel, and say Whitechapel murders and Jack the Ripper.

Aha! I flip over my card and activate FALSE IDOLS: Deal 5 Panache damage to all those activating stations beginning with St. this turn.

You guys are all pleb tier.
I'm opening bayswater, procing handicap mum, and crossing to paddington.

Brown line, turn one.

W-what! Impossible! My strategy!

That... that's my father's technique!

YOU murdered him!

Ordinarily you would be correct, but since the Bishop is in play he sanctifies all stations with the (Holy) type, negating idolatry cards.

Aside from that, it was a very clever move.

Rolled 5 (1d12)

Rolling for Finchley Road & Frognal

Finchley Road & Frognal was notably a gathering place of both Finches and Frogs, who had frequent violent altercations there. The Finches and Frogs in question were gangs of the late 1800s, associated with local breweries.

Ever since the 2009 finals ruled the capper-mum/ ditch mum strategy as viable, but morally dubious, it's almost too strong.

I tap Kingsbury, Neasden, Dollis Hill and Canons Park for five white and play Seven Sisters, allowing me to summon seven 1/1 Sister tokens. I then tap Bond Street and Marble Arch to equip Brent Cross to one of my Sisters which, in combination with my Arsenal, grants her a +1/+1 token for each other Sister creature in play.

Sorry the fincney road open is only allowed in classic, and not tournament play. You'll be penalized 2stations and a lost parcel.

I mean, I guess you can do that, but, Kingsbury leaves you open for a Burnt Oak counter-queue, potentially delaying your development until proper tea comes into play.

.........maaaaaaaybe.

Really? Could have sworn the tournament rules were amended. My kitchen table MC group always allows Finchley and Gospel Oak gambits after a huffing ...

Can we please get an official ruling from the lovely Samantha?

Have you considered the fact I can move En Passant to Seven Sisters, eliminating any chance of a Huffington in Waterloo?
Because I'm doing it.

>En Passant to Seven Sisters
Oh, very well done! You covered every possible weakness in your itinerary.

Except one.

Finsbury Park, Radcliffe jump to Holloway Road.
Enjoy your time in Spoon, sir!

Big spoon or little spoon?

Oxford Circus...and Goodge Street. Step up.

Size isn't everything, Mr. Titchmarsh

Which would be an issue if they had not recently reallowed Bakerloo lines to stop at Paddington! I am well within my right to park myself proudly upon St. John's Wood!

ah HAH!! Norwegan Double tap to Fulham broadway - beat THAT!!

'Ello guvnah, getting some rather odd signals on the wireless set. Sounds like some of the lads wots been hol' up in the Moscow metro have set off a bloody great bomb for some reason. A tad odd is all, sir.

I know it's no longer a popular play, but I still have a fondness for the good old Burnt Oak opening.

Have any of you tried the recently released Tunnels of Terror? I know it's a very modern reinterpretation of the game and eschews a lot of the traditional charm, but I do like the idea of adding in the old, disused underground routes as new but risky options filled with forgotten horrors and the homeless.