How can i run pic related?

im a relatively new GM and want to run my players through something like this, what should i do?

GURPS unless someone has something better

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/STALKER:_The_RPG
1d4chan.org/wiki/STALKER:_The_Other_RPG
1d4chan.org/wiki/STALKER:_The_Zone_RPG
drivethrurpg.com/m/product/100243
burgergames.com/stalker/EN_web/
youtube.com/watch?v=HFJrA3uk4Pw
youtube.com/watch?v=V_-fba2hBG4
youtube.com/watch?v=eBhh23-paLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>STALKER inspired setting
Based on the game, the movie, or the book?

Just use a post apocalypse RPG like twilight 2000

I use mutant year zero as there is plenty of references, although there is little tactical realism. The tones definitely the same though.

The there's a actual STALKER RPG (based off the book) which uses a dice less system, which I know is a dealbreaker to a lot of people but check it out.

I was in that there's a few homebrews kicking around based off the usual stuff, Savage Stalker (savage worlds), the Zone (Dark heresy), The D 20 modern, ect

Take your pick man.

I've only played the game, ill check out the movie at some point before i run.

Thanks for the heads up

>STALKER RPG (based off the book)
Not OP, but that sounds great. I absolutely loved the Novella. How is it? I can't seem to find a PDF of it, or any detailed descriptions or rules. Does it have a lot of inexplicable alien artifact-y goodness?

1d4chan.org/wiki/STALKER:_The_RPG
1d4chan.org/wiki/STALKER:_The_Other_RPG
1d4chan.org/wiki/STALKER:_The_Zone_RPG
drivethrurpg.com/m/product/100243
burgergames.com/stalker/EN_web/

The last ones is a legit proper professional RPG based off the book. The rest are based off the games.

I've always considered if more of setting primer personally. I'm not convinced on diceless systems myself, but props to any game or gamer for giving it a shot

I believe they've recently did a expansion on the zone in Japan ( they're all over the world in the book) which I think is an interesting contrast to Eastern Europe.

Just use GURPS After the End.

I would Advised DH 1st ed, modified as needed,

I played in a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game where the GM was doing just that, and it worked out great, was the best system for the situation imo

Iirc his changes were mostly a full point buy system for character creation and advancement, using the Exp system closer to OW than DH, and tons of guns based on IRL examples, I'll see if I can scrounge any of the files he sent us

You could try the 'Mutant Year Zero' system - the main characters would simply be standard humans rather than mutants.

An OW system is perfect for a STALKER RPG you start in shit rookie gear and work your way up to SEVA suits and guass rifle

Fuck, running a game based on the movie would be depressing

This, basically perfect.

Traveler or even Tunnel and Trolls could easily run that.

Second for Mutant: Year Zero. It would take minimal tweaking to get the right feel for STALKER. Hell, one of the classes is called 'Stalker'. You could probably throw out the Ark settlement building stuff, if you wanted. Just make up some custom Artifacts and you're golden.

GURPS is perfect for it. You have high lethality gameplay, tons of operator options, and of course stats for every soviet weapon you could want.

I ran a game in it. It has no dice. Gives great setting info, helps you set the tone and everything, but gameplay amounts to an exercise in telling a good story.

Game went well and the party liked it, but we moved to GURPS all the same.

The FALLOUT rpg would probably work well too

Dude, is this a map of London? If so, that is amazing. :)

Exactly what I came to say.

AtE has the mutations (for critters), detail on ruin-diving, survival and all the good stuff.

CHEEKI BREEKI

its about time to archive this

OP you know you have to play the song the entire time. You know the one.

Ops and Tactics

Here's the book that inspired the Stalker Film and game

Good hunting out there

This one?
youtube.com/watch?v=HFJrA3uk4Pw
Or this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=V_-fba2hBG4
Or maybe this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=eBhh23-paLU

Not OP, but i'm on a similar boat.
I'll try my hand at GMing for the first time soon and i've decided to do a game in the STALKER setting since i've played the living shit out of the games and feel like it would be easier to run on such a setting i'm familiar with.
I'd like to know if anyone has run/played savage STALKER and if it's good. I'm more familiar with savage worlds than other systems but i'm not sure if i should pick it just because of that or learn another system just to run STALKER on.

Gurps would be best.

Old school you could use Mercenaries, Spies, and Private Eyes (MSPE) which is basically modern day Tunnel and Trolls for a more quick playing game.

But gurps gives you the flexibility and the lethal you would want.

> youtube.com/watch?v=eBhh23-paLU

You know its gotta be this one

One Roll Engine, or O.R.E. Nemesis if you want to involve madness/insanity mechanics.

Easy to run, quick and highly lethal combat, and skill tests go fast so there's do dawdling about.
Just a bit of fluffing to get the right feel and you're all set.

there is no book called stalker, are you talking about roadside picnic?

How would Veeky Forums do a metro 2033 game?

>GURPS unless someone has something better

It's pretty rare that there is something better than GURPS, unless "rules-light" or "low attention" is a priority.

Twilight 2013 would also do a good job, because the supernatural stuff is mostly the province of mutants and anomalies, and the artefacts are straightforward.

>The nostalgia of these threads mentioning The Zone RPG Dark Heresy module.

I really should finish that some day...

I've run a bunch of STALKER games while REAAAL drunk a few times. Using a very simple d6 system that I can remember when I'm drunk as hell.

>one player makes a 17 year old ukrainian on the run from bad debts, the Zone is a better option than broken legs
>the other makes a Chechen Islamic separatist who believes the Zone is a sign of Allah to build a New Mecca
>They start off in the Checkpoint, as they get extorted by a 'military' check
>all their money and extraneous gear is taken
>Islamist is furious
>rants that theft from a child of Allah is among the greatest of sins
>threatens murder until they kick him 1/4 to death and throw him out the building
>Naive teenager offers to help the Islamist to get back at the jerks
>but we need to do some jobs first
>Islamist says
>fuck that we need to find the Turks every goddamn place has Turks, GM where are the fucking Turks?
>I concede that yes, there are probably Turks in the Zone
>Islamist goes on a lengthy rant about Turks
>I throw them through a couple encounters, a combat encounter against some bandits which they miraculously beat unscathed and got them some gear and an anomaly that forces rolls against different stats, and using different skills instead of stat rolls, basically trying to undo what they'd learned in the first encounter
>Then they find the fucking Turks
>The Islamist manages to fucking convince my drunken ass through both good rolling and a surprising knowledge of both Hadith and the Chechen separatist ideology that the Turks are convinced by his plan
>his plan to enact an Islamic Caliphate here, in the Zone
>when we finished the game, a group of Islamic terrorists had taken control of the Cordon.

The fuck was I thinking? I was clearly drinking too much. There were a couple of other games which were different variations of ridiculous or degeneracy.

Such is life in the caliphate

I remember there being a STALKER conversion for Savage Worlds somewhere, but I lost the .pdf when my last computer died.