Deathwing thread with official gameplay this time

youtube.com/watch?v=MCO0nWkKKsU

Looks an flows A LOT better. Can't say I'm happy with the voices, I hoped they would be deeper, lower, but it'll do, especially with a simple mod that will tweak them so that they feel like vox-link and not someone talking normally. The SH Ascension game had some great voices imo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ECEz3a4GErE
m.reddit.com/r/deathwing/comments/5d8sr3/a_leaked_footage_has_appeared/?compact=true
youtube.com/watch?v=uX7qIHs3nLE
steamcommunity.com/id/Prewf/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i gotta say, it looks bad.

Say what?
I definitely disagree on that. I mean, the colours are overall the same because bright garrish colours aren't really the norm in Imperial ships, but I think it looks great. The atmosphere is absolutely perfect, and you have everything from big halls in the BT ship (my favorite, the pauldrons on the walls are pretty cool) to the narrow corridor towards the end where you can only fit one guy at a time.

I think it looks cool.

Can't wait to give it a chance.

Is there a name for this type of game? 4-player co op against AI, like L4D, Vermintide and this?

Poor level-design "flat corridor-flat arena-flat corridor", very borring gameplay, lack of interesting enemies.

"4 player co-op" or "4 player PvE"

I think it looks pretty fun. In some ways it's similar to Vermintide, but the enemy dynamics and player abilities are very different.

Oh boy. It's actually worth the fullscreen and 1080p.

>Looks an flows A LOT better.
Indeed, I was really worried during the beta, but that progress rate is amazing. Almost wish they'd postpone it again so it'd be totally fantastic.

Nice hybrid psyker, too.

>Psy gate
I see what you did there.

yeah. where's the ambushes? where's the gun jamming? your dudes are just teleported to safety? you can be healed at will? why are the genestealers always attacking piece meal? if they held back for big ambushes, like in the chapel, having you get swarmed while genestealers attack, it might be nice. it looks easy in the worst ways.

however the atmosphere is great. it's ruined by constantly moving quickly, instead of carefully moving room by room. on top of that your brothers don't make any neat comments, they don't talk about the mission or ship or anything, but they also don't shut up! CAREFUL, HES GOT A GUN! OH NO THERES SO MANY, HELP ME DADDY!

i wanted a game that made me feel like i was surviving against a brilliant and overpowering opponent. the enemies don't work together. the brothers feel empty, and the gameplay feels simple. it's not space hulk if positioning is meaningless, healing is easy, people don't die, and enemies are dumb

I hope they learned from the mistakes of Vermintide, but keep in the satisfying combat and great VAs. I somehow doubt the Vernintide grade of banter will be present in the deathwing company

Stone "buildings" in a spacehulk?
why? shouldnt it be all metal and polymere?

Is the game in easy to get healed so often?
I m not a fan of terminator armor being able to let you sprint but i get why they added it to the game.

>Psykers hybrid
>Psy Gate
Those are two nice additions, especially since the psyker seems to hit very hard.
The cast time for the TP is good, one of the biggest complaints for people that saw it or played it months ago was that it was an instant cast, making it tooo easy to escape.

>Deathwing Banter
>"Barachiel's down! Again!"
>"Brother Juan, see to his wounds!"
>"Ai Caramba! He's been eaten like a fresh taco already!"

?? Have you even seen the video?
The very first area has stairs, crossing footbridges and the players finding going through a side corridor to find a vantage point overlooking his two teammates.

>Stairs
I kept praying for someone to go through them and be stuck.

That kind of post is just kneejerk cynicism from people who've been burned too many times to retain any optimism.

I can't exactly blame them, the games industry is a pit of lies at the moment, but I always think thoughtless cynicism without proper evidence is just as dumb as mindless optimism.

That gameplay preview is short. It shows some potential and illustrates mechanics, but at the same time there's no way of knowing the actual final state of the game, whether it'll have any longevity etc

I sense chaos agents and heretics in this thread trying to discourage people from finding the light of the Emperor.

But Focus and Streum On are both based as fuck.
Focus is one of the few editors still actively trying to push out games, and thank the fans for their fidelity, like the free 2 DLCs for battlefleet.

And come on man, it's not a short gameplay video by any mean. It's uncut, without any commentary so no pause, and it's 17 minutes long, it's a lot more the the standard gameplay preview that you would see in most games these days.

The Emperor soon will be dead.

Nice to see Focus marketing department wake up.

A few gripes:
>Melee attacks seems a bit strange (but it might be a case of parry and counter mechanism)
>One genestealer stuck against a barrel at some point
>Constant redundant banter
>some ennemies like the scythe form seem to be hp bags (I can't imagine how the broodlord will be).
>apothecary seems OP as fuck
>No kick button

On the other hand, the stormbolter seems to have improved tremendously, sprint function is cool, the stealers actually come from the walls and ceiling, levels are gorgeous, and I get a diffuse feeling that the story will be decent becuase of the briefing dialogues coupled with the warp vision and streumon history.
I'm really hyped now.

>apothecary seems OP as fuck
Good thing I was planning on playing that. From what wev'e see, there's a cooldown to the healing after some point, so you can't just mash the button.

>stairs
SQUAD BROKEN

It's 40k, I ain't gonna explain shit.

Is it me or do the Terminators seem really squishy? I can't see them being taken down by a couple of genestealers in no time at all.

I wish they'd let terminators die, and then just let an apothecary revive fallen teminators a few times.

That's exactly what it's supposed to be. Genestealers are murdermachines, even for Termies ya dingus.

>I m not a fan of terminator armor being able to let you sprint but i get why they added it to the game.
At least they are not backflipping here.

Genestealers are dead 'ard.

Looks like a solid 7/10 that I'll adore because it's 40k. Just like Space Marine.

Brother, my legs are broken

>27 posts before EYE memes appear.
I say, this is a new record.

youtube.com/watch?v=ECEz3a4GErE

Devblog post from yesterday:

Well, fuck you too, spam filter

Greetings Librarians!

The release of Space Hulk: Deathwing draws near, arriving December 9th on PC. To help prepare for the battles that await you, we’re publishing a series of Devblogs to tell you about some of the features and gameplay elements you can look forward to when you venture deep into the Space Hulk and face the Genestealer menace.

Solo Campaign

Space Hulk: Deathwing features a full solo campaign, with a twisting narrative co-written by renowned Black Library author Gav Thorpe. During your journey into the Space Hulk Olethros, you’ll be accompanied by two AI-controlled Terminator squad mates.
Brother Barachiel is your Heavy Support, unleashing destruction in battle with weapons such as the Assault Cannon and Plasma Cannon. Brother Nahum is your Apothecary, healing up your squad whenever possible.
You can issue commands to your AI squad mates using a radial menu that can be brought up at any time. Beyond having them follow you on your position, you can also tell them to move to a specific point, guard an area, seal doors, ask Nahum to heal a squad member, and more.
There are four difficulty modes to choose from in Space Hulk: Deathwing’s solo campaign:

Disciple (Easy) – The Emperor protects you from the Xenos.
Chapter Champion (Normal) – You’re used to life on the battlefield.
Lion’s Sword (Hard) – What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.
No Mercy (Hardest) – To die for the emperor is glorious!

[1/2]

During the solo campaign, you’ll be playing as a Librarian of the Dark Angels’ Deathwing chapter. This means you have access to a range of Psychic abilities to use in battle, which includes the following:

Shockwave - Releases a flow of energy around the Librarian, pushing back and hurting the enemies in a 360-degree arc.
Chain Lightning - Lightning strikes the first enemy it hits. Turrets and sentries are particularly susceptible to this power.
Inferno - The Librarian draws his powers to create an image of vengeful flame, carbonising all enemies in a line in front of him.
Spontaneous combustion – Causes an enemy to explode, creating a damaging flame blast around them.
Vortex of doom - The Librarian tears the veil of reality; victims near the vortex are pulverised by the power of the warp.
Lion’s Shadow - The Librarian teleports himself inside an enemy, before exploding out of them.
Lion’s Nemesis - The Librarian uses his mighty powers to become a fearsome Zealot. Just one hit can slay any normal enemy.

These abilities are unlocked as you progress through the campaign, giving you more options to deal with the Xenos menace! As your squad ventures deeper into Olethros, you’ll also uncover dark secrets, remarkable environments and greater dangers. Of course, going solo isn’t your only option…

[2/3]

[3/3]

Purging With Friends

All missions and chapters are playable in the online co-operative mode. Up to four of the Emperor’s finest can play together at once, with options for joining from the server list, hosting your own game, or automatically finding a suitable game by selecting ‘QuickMatch’. The server list contains a number of filters to make it easy to find a suitable game. These include options for LAN only, passwords, languages and more.
From the game lobby screen, players can select from a range of different options to customize their co-operative experience. Hosts can invite their Steam friends directly to the lobby from here. One of four difficulties must be chosen, as well as the option to turn on Friendly Fire.
It’s possible to play through the chapters in the same order as the solo campaign, or select a single chapter. The host can also construct their own ‘mini campaign’ by putting together a playlist of selected chapters in any order.
Each player is also able to select the class they’d like to play from one of the following:

Librarian - The only class with access to Psychic powers, including Shockwave, Chain Lightning and Spontaneous Combustion.
Apothecary – Equipped with his Narthecium, the Apothecary can heal his squad mates and activate a heal aura.
Assault Speciality – Unrivalled in melee combat, this Terminator uses hammers, maces and Lightning Claws to rip apart the Xenos hordes.
Heavy Weapon Speciality - Focuses on tearing enemies apart with highly destructive weapons, including the Assault Cannon and Plasma Cannon.
Tactical Speciality – Allows fallen squad mates to return to battle, and has access to a legendary modified Plasma Cannon – the Spear of Caliban.

Many combinations of classes are possible, though it’s advised to bring a balanced squad that accommodated for each class’ weaknesses for the best chance at survival!

All glory to the Emperor!

Isn't Lion's Shadow literally Dragon's Breath from EYE

Lion’s Shadow - The Librarian teleports himself inside an enemy, before exploding out of them.

I don't want to get out of these cycles of guilt

>Lion’s Shadow - The Librarian teleports himself inside an enemy, before exploding out of them.
Oh boy.

Besides, it means that all enemy locations will be linked to the main path

Its a spoiled kid´s comment. Hell, when you got games such as the recent DOOM to compare with, what doesn't look bad?

But if you, like me, grew up from a commodore 64 and worked your way up the hill, you think most games now days looks pretty good to be honest.

This, as you say, really capture the atmosphere of the game. Dark and grim, with the feeling that you are truly being overwhelmed by xeno scum.

Message from the devs after the leaked footage:

m.reddit.com/r/deathwing/comments/5d8sr3/a_leaked_footage_has_appeared/?compact=true

>The Librarian teleports himself inside an enemy, before exploding out of them
Pshhhhh...
Nothin' personnel...kid

Is Space Hulk: Ascension worth a shit or nah? I know it's not like Deathwing in terms of gameplay, but is it worth getting on Steam?

Hoping they sneak in some more EYE shit in there. Like a .444 revolver or an exploding sword.

On sales I'd go for it, otherwise it might not be worth it if you're not a 40k or SH fan.

Well the thunder hammer is that exploding sword. Kinda.

>Make some random guy explode from having a Dreadnought Tactical Power Armor appear where his internal organs would usually be.
>"Holy shit, Bob was an undercover Dark Angels librarian all along. Nice terminator armor, Bob."

I think so. Psy Gate is an obvious reference to the three psy gates of EYE.

40k fan in the sense i've always liked the universe, lore, and visuals of stuff, but never really owned anything from it, save for a poorly-painted set of Tau Fire Warriors I had when I was about 13-15.

While we're on the subject, with the exception of DoW and DoW II, any games that let me play as the Orks?

Well you've got Eternal Crusade, but I'd say to hold your horses on that, it is still pretty barebones according to many people.

Barring that, Streum On wants to do an ork bike racing game after EYE 2, so bear with us and maybe you'll see it.

>ork biker game
ZOGGIN' 'ELL

Also, is EC that 3rd person MMO where Orks are F2P?

The dream cast was apparently gonna get one

Exactly, except the game isn't F2P at all, it's not an MMO with several teams fighting a 4 ways battle anymore, just a slightly different SM MP.

i didn't mean graphics wise, dingus. it's beautiful graphically

oh. Well not TERRIBLE by the sounds of it... I think.
Lemme guess, factions are Ork, Spess Mereens (Ultramarines to be exact) Chaos Spess Mereens and... I dunno, Eldar?

>Ultramarines to be exact
And... dropped.

Yes but there are several factions withins the factions themselves. Watch gameplays on youtube or the devs weekly stream. You'll see what it looks like. And to be fair to them, try watching some recent gameplay, as they add quite a lot of things over time.

Please contact the Inquisition, you might be a dormant psyker.

it's always the pissing Ultramarines man. I long for the day where we might get the option of Salamanders or something

There is UM, SW, DA and BA. Plus they've announced other subfactions recently, I think. SO maybe 2nd founding chapters or more 1st Founding for the SM, more traitor legions for Chaos, etc.

they play differently at all or purely cosmetic?
also, is UM the default and the rest have to be unlocked?

Purely cosmetic except the Space Wolves, they get their Wolf Priest as their Apothecary.

You don't have to unlock any subfaction, you can pick at the start if you want to a Dark Angel, Blood Angel, Imperial Fist, Space Wolf or Ultramarine. Devs mentioned that they would work on add Crimsom Fists, Black Templars and Flesh Tearers as skins

wolf priest any different to apothecary? any special benefits?

They get the Crozius Arcanum as their main weapon instead of the Chainsword or Bolter the other Apoths can get.

So its just the 40k esthetics you dislike?

>still being on Veeky Forums
>you know, your /v/ is showing through...

One thing I dislike is the massive flashing over the entire screen from the muzzle flashes. Very annoying and definitely seizure/headache invoking.
One would think that the SM helmet's autosenses would dampen the effect too.

He's a librarian though, so he doesn't have a helmet.

Librarians can and should wear helmets.

>That autocannon
I came.

Interesting comment by one of the dev. Also a regular on Veeky Forums, he's pretty based.

Producer.* He's a producer at focus, my bad.

This begs the question on why they decided to showcase a bugged version of the game in their only real gameplay footage video instead of redoing it but okay.

Probably because how close they are to the pre-purchase beta so those who are on the fence decide to jump in or not.

no the gameplay you stupid prick

One of the main problem fixed already!

>>Make some random guy explode from having a Dreadnought Tactical Power Armor appear where his internal organs would usually be.>"Holy shit, Bob was an undercover Dark Angels librarian all along. Nice terminator armor, Bob."

>Day 3864
The Xenos do not realize I am a Space Marine.

They're only adding in later foundings for a long while for the already existing chapters.

I'd shit myself if Lamenters went in for BA but it'll never happen.

Yes, and?

Halo 5 proved that just getting downed and revived over and over sucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=uX7qIHs3nLE

Man that movie was so damn great.
To anyone who hasn't seen it, watch it now. I feel bad for Karl Urbans, he's a massive Dredd fan and actually tried pretty hard to have a sequel done, even in a Netflix serie form, to no avail.
Fucking marketing man. Making good shit bomb and bad shit succeed.

no kick? seriously? they let you pimp slap a filthy xeno with a power glove but no curb stompin? Isaac would be ashamed

>Lion’s Shadow - The Librarian teleports himself inside an enemy, before exploding out of them.

So, now that 40K gaming has been saved, what do we want next?

Eversor: Tactical Espionage Action?
Solitaire: Daemon May Cry?
Sins of a Galactic Imperium?
Horus Heresy: Telltale Edition?

Where the fuck is that red one eye'd freak of a son?
(Magus will remember that)

This desu.

Also digging the WW2 style bazooka with the shield the RPG guys get.

I want a Paradox game set in the Great Crusade. Imagine making your own custom Primarch, selecting personality and physical strengths and weaknesses for him, and then firing him off to crashland on some random planet somewhere in the Galaxy. You get adopted by some heroic guy, grow up, eradicate the scourge facing your adopted people. And at some point Big E will probably show up (Though if you're insanely lucky you might be able to make a viable rival for the nascent Imperium) and be all "Hey awesome, here son of mine, have a space marine legion." And then you have to start taking over worlds, gaining prestige, resources, and experience, and using those to build, expand, and upgrade your legion, and its fleet and support units.And befriending or establishing rivalaries with your brothers.

Mid to Late game is the Heresy Event Chain, where one random Primarch is corrupted by Chaos and has to do their very best to herd enough cats into line to pose a viable threat to Dad, and everyone else has to pick a side in the galaxy wide civil war.

I want it bad user

Wargame: Armageddon Escalation.

Can we add battle bruvas?

steamcommunity.com/id/Prewf/

I would suck some heavy dick for this.

Just shut up and take my money.

>MFW lion's shadow

I don't like the sound design. I much prefer the Terminator voices in Dawn of War, where they are altered by the helmets, deep and robotic. Also, that autocannon's audio is way too high-pitched

Same, they better have way more dialogue for release, ANGEL OF DEATH is going to get old after a while.

So the only benefit of going Heavy is that you get bigger guns? Is that enough to compete with the Librarian's psychic bullshit?

Supposedly, if they're big enough.
But the tactical has access to a rapid-fire plasma cannon and special abilities, so I dunno.

This would also be acceptable.

So uh,
Tactical > Heavy Weapons = Librarian > Apothecary >>>>>>>> Assault

I mean Tactical ability is stupid useful and Spear of Caliban looks decent.
Assault Cannon can probably tear up Broodlords quickly.
Librarian is an multitool, maybe Hellfire bolter + power axe as weaponry?
Apothecary is decent.

Dont really see the use of Assault when you can just shoot the buggers. And what is he going to do when a turret or hybrids shoot at the squad? Just yell for others to shoot them?

Think of it as constant excellence vs bursts of excellence.

Heavy Weapons Man has consistently better firepower whereas the Librarian can call on bursts of insane death.

Dunno. Assault is probably the best at breaching with the Storm Shield. It appears that a lot of its attacks will have shockwaves too.

I'm guessing the Spear has less blast and damage.

Maybe being a heavy means you have more ammo, weapons overheat slower, etc.

>Stone "buildings" in a spacehulk?
>why? shouldnt it be all metal and polymere?

I smell newfag.
>Eversor: Tactical Espionage Action?
WAIT WHAT!?? espionage and eversor in one sentene?
GRANIT IS A MURDERMACHINE!

These terminators move like they are I2.

the Broodlord is I1 then

Visuals are great. Voice acting is meh but at least the dialogue was edited by someone that spoke English. Not sure about the gameplay. I really liked the other Space Hulk vidya because of the weight behind the termie animations, which drove home the fact that you were playing as enormous, heavily armored death machines surrounded by a swift and lethal enemy.

>Stone "buildings" in a spacehulk?

N E W
E
W